Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Why are there memes in my serious video game about hacking? :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

Pretty sure the bitcoin thing isn't real because all the sources list a post on 4chan and never believe anything on 4chan.

A mod on one torrent site confirmed they removed one fake that was a virus.

I don't think it actually had the game in it though.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

DareToSlack posted:

There's a mission fairly early on where they introduce the "getaway driver" mission type, and it is badass. You have to watch your minimap to avoid patrolling police cars, helicopters, and checkpoints. It feels almost exactly like Drive, the videogame.

You of course have the option to just make a run for it, drat the attention. But don't do that. Drive slowly through alleyways and use your "Hide in the car" button to sneak out. Tons of fun.

This needs us throwing in a Kavinsky soundtrack then.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WMain00 posted:

This needs us throwing in a Kavinsky soundtrack then.

Not having the ability to add your own soundtrack sorta screws with this.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DareToSlack posted:

There's a mission fairly early on where they introduce the "getaway driver" mission type, and it is badass. You have to watch your minimap to avoid patrolling police cars, helicopters, and checkpoints. It feels almost exactly like Drive, the videogame.

You of course have the option to just make a run for it, drat the attention. But don't do that. Drive slowly through alleyways and use your "Hide in the car" button to sneak out. Tons of fun.

Ubisoft Reflections is a really good car game developer!

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I just hope I don't run into one thing that comes up constantly that drives me nuts like in Saint's Row 4. There was, for me, exactly one thing wrong with SR4. You could not shoot guns while super jumping. That was complete bullshit, one of the worst design choices they could have made. There is no goddamn reason in the world I should not have been able to glide across the city raining rockets and super powers down upon the populace like an angry God. But they did not let you do that, and it was bullshit.

If they manage to not throw out one glaring problem that is a terrible design choice that I have to deal with literally every single fight I'll enjoy the hell out of this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

dreffen posted:

Why are there memes in my serious video game about hacking? :qq:

half of those are from some wannabe anon hacker who also does lovely dubstep named Defualt in the game. you blow his face off near the end of the game.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

ayn rand hand job posted:

Ubisoft Reflections is a really good car game developer!

This alone is what I say to everyone who "lost interest". Driver San Francisco was the greatest driving game made, hands down. That had a meh gimmick, but it still was incredible fun, as I expect Watch Dogs to be. Just an hour more for the UK to wait.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Well poo poo I used up my 3 logins on that free FlyVPN thing trying to get the game to run, and the Japanese student thing is too complicated for me, so I give up and I'll just have to wait until it unlocks at 11pm my time.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone else having a problem with the crosshair and profiler data wobbling slightly? It's not much, but it's annoying, and since the crosshair wobbles too I guess it's not an intentional effect.

Apart from that, the game runs surprisingly well on my i5/7870 combo. Can run on high 1080p (With AA off) and get around 40-50 FPS in most of the city.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

This alone is what I say to everyone who "lost interest". Driver San Francisco was the greatest driving game made, hands down. That had a meh gimmick, but it still was incredible fun, as I expect Watch Dogs to be. Just an hour more for the UK to wait.

I can't wait for Aiden to start chucking cars at police officers through sheer willpower.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

pengun101 posted:

half of those are from some wannabe anon hacker who also does lovely dubstep named Defualt in the game. you blow his face off near the end of the game.

That's neat.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So if anyone else is like me and dearly misses the Marked Man events from Burnout Paradise, the end of Criminal Convoys is a lot like this, with many angry SUVs and high powered Aston knock-offs trying to kill you.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Steam is pre-loading if it hasn't been said. I hadn't seen it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheSpiritFox posted:

Steam is pre-loading if it hasn't been said. I hadn't seen it.

Meanwhile GMG keys are going out at midnight pacific according to support tickets

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I agree that Driver San Francisco is the best driving game with the best driving mechanics.

Watch_Dogs does not feel like Driver : San Francisco.

It's not the worst driving I've ever played and theres definately some over the top comments of how bad it is, but it's definately down at the lower end of open world car physics.

It's hard to place quite why it's wierd, but I think it's down to the input curves being kind of weird rather than anything on the physics side of things, but it definately feels quite stiff and unnatural when making relatively minor manouvers. I don't think it's unplayable or anything though, it's just a little rough.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It can't possibly be worse than Just Cause 2's vehicle physics.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

It is. Most cars handle like blocks of ice at anything above average speed.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah the driving mechanics remind me of pre euphoria engine gta. They could be way way better, but I'm still enjoying driving around

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

ethanol posted:

You can check my list of games worth $60, here it is:
Hah Jesus aint that the truth.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Bobtista posted:

It is. Most cars handle like blocks of ice at anything above average speed.

Just cause 2 on the consoles had about a full second input lag that meant it felt like APB. (If you played it on a decent PC you wouldn't have that.)

Watch_Dogs is nowhere near that bad.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
This must've been downloading while my PS4 was idle. I just started it and everything was good to go but trying to start the game it greets me with "Only users who hold a license for this application can start it" . Guess it's still locked for some reason or another.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I played Just Cause 2 on PC. It wasn't any lag, it's just that the cars were way too loose. The game also wanted you to drive fast on small, curved roads a lot, and I always went off-road at the wrong times.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Played a couple of hours, reflections:

-Not done much story yet, but I can imagine it getting incredibly cheesy later on based on the early missions.
-Driving seems fine, however, some cars have vastly superior road grip to others.
-The Alone digital trip gets surprisingly difficult during the later stages.(Unlocked the cheesy Alone outfit, woo)
-You can choose between stealthing and rushing in guns blazing for most of the CtOS towers, which is neat. You can basically complete some of them without ever having to set foot inside the compund, just by chain-hacking various cameras/objects from the outside.
-Invading is tense as hell. I've done three successful invasions, one where the host ran past me twice while I was chilling next to a tree. There's already many enough people online that finding a target doesnt' take more than a minute or so.
-The Cash run minigame is some sort of lightweight parkour. I've only done the introductionary one, which was pretty easy, but there are scoreboards and medals for it.
-NPCs are actually quite reactive to what you do. I had a guy swear me out because I reversed into his car.

Really fun so far, and I've barely scracthed the surface.

Suspicious Dish posted:

JC2's physics were cool because WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Something seems to be up with my invasions, though I couldn't begin to say what. I can't actually interact with anyone I invade or anyone who invades me. :shrug:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Why is this suddenly delayed into tomorrow??

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's always been for the 27th. Everyone here that's playing already just lives in Australia.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
To the folks who have this already on the PS4, do you know if the code that comes with the PS4 version for the extra mission works or will that be when the game officially releases?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was thinking of getting this tomorrow, but I have one concern. I haven't been able to hook my PS4 to the internet, as I haven't had a broadband connection since January (posting with phone tethering). I don't mind playing single player, but my concern is that I can't update my PS4 on account of not having proper internet. Is there a update I need that will keep me from even starting up the game, even if my console isn't hooked up to the internet in any way?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

It's always been for the 27th. Everyone here that's playing already just lives in Australia.

A few hours ago when I looked steam said it would be released at midnight eastern time. Now it says it won't be released for 19 more hours.

Lipton Iced Soup
Sep 4, 2011

Menacing

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just noticed that, hopefully it's just a bug or something.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

LibbyM posted:

A few hours ago when I looked steam said it would be released at midnight eastern time. Now it says it won't be released for 19 more hours.

Huh, I just checked, and you're right. That's strange.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah I have two machines I preloaded one it have a time if 12am est to unlock. I load it on my main pc and it's giving a time of 1pm est. :confused:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone know when g2a usually send out their keys? Preordered it from them a while ago because it was dirt cheap (£24) and don't really want to be waiting till tomorrow evening.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Apparently that's actually the store page for the season pass. They took the Watch Dogs store page down because they are having CD Key issues.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

VarXX posted:

Apparently that's actually the store page for the season pass. They took the Watch Dogs store page down because they are having CD Key issues.

That's never the case though, it never mentions the dlc release but only the main game.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
How do you get the game to detect your microphone? I have one but it doesn't seem to detect it :(
Is there anyway to group up with friends for the online decryption? It looks like fun but, it'd be even better if there was a way to coordinate with people.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's never the case though, it never mentions the dlc release but only the main game.

You're right, the buy button for Watch Dogs is actually gone and that's where the bubble is supposed to be above.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wow, those dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
This game doesn't work well with dual monitors. In fullscreen and borderless-window mode the mouse likes to leave the window and go to your 2nd screen. Fixed by using winkey+P to put windows in single monitor mode but still annoying.

• Locked thread