Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Scarf posted:

Uhhh nope. It flat out locks all of the grains at the bottom of the container away from the brewed coffee.

Does it have some kind of rubber or silicone one-way valve they didn't show or list on their website? I would hardly count the mesh filter at the bottom as water-tight.

I'm sure it keeps the grounds and the coffee separate but I still don't like the idea of leaving the grounds in the same container I'm drinking from. Call me a coffee snob but when I use a French press anything that doesn't fit in my mug after pressing goes down the garbage disposal with the grounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Geoj posted:

Does it have some kind of rubber or silicone one-way valve they didn't show or list on their website? I would hardly count the mesh filter at the bottom as water-tight.

I'm sure it keeps the grounds and the coffee separate but I still don't like the idea of leaving the grounds in the same container I'm drinking from. Call me a coffee snob but when I use a French press anything that doesn't fit in my mug after pressing goes down the garbage disposal with the grounds.

Silicone gasket that's placed around the filter piece on the inner press sleeve.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Scarf posted:

Uhhh nope. It flat out locks all of the grains at the bottom of the container away from the brewed coffee.

A normal French press does this too. But there's no guarantee that water won't continue to circulate through the filter the whole time. Especially if you use it as a travel mug.

It looks great but the "special filter" claim is clearly marketing.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A normal French press does this too. But there's no guarantee that water won't continue to circulate through the filter the whole time. Especially if you use it as a travel mug.

It looks great but the "special filter" claim is clearly marketing.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be anything special about the filter, but the grounds being compressed while the inner cup is depressed may slow down continued brewing enough that it's not really an issue.

Unrelated to coffee, I bought some bow ties:

Clockwise: red Silk Seersucker Solid (that's what they're calling it, but it really doesn't resemble seersucker in texture), coral Neon Plaid , rust Linen Flowers, midnight navy Seersucker (actual seersucker on this one), navy Soho, charcoal Empire Paisley

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 17:40 on May 23, 2014

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I would like an AeroPress but the ol' ball and chain is concerned by the BOILING WATER AND PLASTIC CANCER RISK :byodame:
hahaha sorry about your wife being a hysterical idiot. have fun secretly vaccinating your idiot kids while she is boning her yoga instructor!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ah the american dream

colas
Feb 14, 2007

secret vaccinations.

d e h y d r a t e d
p e a c h e s

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
New ride for bikepacking trips this year

Next up: new racks, various bags, solo tent. Gonna be so poor

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR
I bought a nice bike once. Then paranoia over having it stolen led to me never riding it anywhere I couldn't take it indoors with me. Then I sold it and went back to my CCM Ice. How do you guys with awesome bikes like that park them anywhere and assume a lock will keep it safe?

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

No Egrets posted:

New ride for bikepacking trips this year

What bar is that? It looks perfect for a build I want to do.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Opioid posted:

I bought a nice bike once. Then paranoia over having it stolen led to me never riding it anywhere I couldn't take it indoors with me. Then I sold it and went back to my CCM Ice. How do you guys with awesome bikes like that park them anywhere and assume a lock will keep it safe?

My assumption a lock will keep it safe is based on 2 u-locks, hiplok, pinhead locks, security bolts, and some solder partially in those bolts. If a thief wants my bike and I'm not around to stop them then I can only hope that my deterrents are greater then the bike next to me..

For content: need a front rack for my bike!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Bought this to put in a ring I'm having made. :)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Bought this to put in a ring I'm having made. :)

How much?

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007
Surefire x300 Ultra weaponlight

550 rounds of pmc xtac 5.56

Noveske kx5 flash supressor

Magpul iphone5s bumpcase/foliage green

iphone 5s space grey

Nike SFB field 6" coyote

Microtech DOC Blackout folder

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Are you planning a school shooting? :wtc:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Josh Lyman posted:

Are you planning a school shooting? :wtc:

Why does it have to be a school? Don't shoot shame.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
First time in Portland for a conference, so drinking some beer:

Also, bought a few books from Powell Books.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I bough some tools for work

Dial Indicator

Micrometer

Electronic Edge Finder

Everything from Amazon

Also I donated money to The Phenomenauts kickstarter for their new album, Escape Velocity, and it arrived in the mail today.

I got the Album on LP and CD,a T shirt,Stickers,and a mix cd from the band

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

gypsycabdriver posted:

Noveske kx5 flash supressor

I'm legitimately curious as to why a civilian would need a flash suppressor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Redirects the flash forward instead out to the sides. Makes shooting at night not so vision degrading. It's kind of problem with shorter barrel rifles.

It does gently caress all for hiding were the shot is coming from. That poo poo is for the movies.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
They also look pretty boss, which is like the main reason to get one of those things.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Uniqlo just opened up in the area, so we went today and picked up some stuff. No pictures, but I got two of their Supima shirts in Orange and Purple, and a pair of their Airism Boxer Briefs. I need to go back and pick up some of their selvedge jeans. Grand opening sale, and all that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

RCarr posted:

I'm legitimately curious as to why a civilian would need a flash suppressor.

Flash Suppressor is different from a "Suppressor", AKA a silencer. Flash suppressors are extremely commonplace.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Bud posted:

What bar is that? It looks perfect for a build I want to do.
Jeff Jones Loop bar. It is literally the best bar I've ever had, highly recommend it.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Why does it have to be a school? Don't shoot shame.

I also appreciate that the school shooting community is having a tough time recovering.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Xenoletum posted:

Uniqlo just opened up in the area, so we went today and picked up some stuff. No pictures, but I got two of their Supima shirts in Orange and Purple, and a pair of their Airism Boxer Briefs. I need to go back and pick up some of their selvedge jeans. Grand opening sale, and all that.

Love those Supima shirts. I'm actually wearing one right now (burgundy-ish v- neck). Can't beat their prices either.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Also, Thor: The Dark World on BluRay and some new running shoes. I'ma gonna marathon some movies this week. :dance:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Decided I needed a blender, to make blended ice lemonade in the summer, and strawberry banana milkshakes.

It was only $28, and it's quite powerful and not loud at all. Only takes 4 seconds to liquify stuff. But I definitely won't try blending my iPad with it.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

A present for my best friend, because she got some really lovely news a few days ago. I had originally wanted to get an arc reactor locket that I had seen on etsy, but every single one of them that I could find shipped from China, and I didn't feel like playing that game. This one is handmade, and the folks who run the shop were super nice when I emailed them the morning after placing my order because I suddenly realized that I had no memory of changing the shipping address from mine to my friend's.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

TenementFunster posted:

hahaha sorry about your wife being a hysterical idiot. have fun secretly vaccinating your idiot kids while she is boning her yoga instructor!

Don't be stupid; chemtrails are laced with all the vaccinations we need.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I bought a M3. It's quite fast.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

did you get the one where you can change the color of the LEDs around the headlights with your smartphone

colas
Feb 14, 2007

rwd, inline 6?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

colas posted:

rwd, inline 6?
Bro, do you even know anything about the M series?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah, Metroid: Other M was pretty bad. Everyone knows that.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

colas posted:

rwd, inline 6?

It is. With every option except fold in mirrors :D

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
My old phone is finally giving me a reason to replace it, so I bought this a month earlier than planned. I just wish it would get here right this second.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

NO.

colas has a new favorite as of 07:24 on May 28, 2014

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

are we the same person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ormy posted:

are we the same person

Optional centre headrest bros. What's yo spec? What are your plans?