Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

President Ark posted:

Also, with your current setup endermen might be able to teleport out through the hole the cables are coming in through.

One, they don't need holes, two they only do this when something triggers them. They only teleport on their own pretty rarely. Typically, they only teleport if they're in sunlight, on fire, touch water, or are looked at wrong. (The last is why you should just have glass if you want to see in.)

And yes, I can absolutely verify it doesn't take holes - my auto spawner setup has none and I unthinkingly had blazes and endermen going at the same time, and as a result I had endermen everywhere until I shut it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
How do you drain from a smeltery to a quest submittal block safely? Every other quest on Taffer's server has been done by someone else and we have 10KmB manyullium for the purple quest just sitting in a smeltery.

Additionally, how should I set up the positioning for the ME input from a farm if I want the farm to be self sustaining? Dense itemduct on the split towards the ME interface block and 'consume stack: off' on the planter?

Also as it turns out planters won't put more than one layer of cocoa beans back onto a jungle wood log, so that kind of sucks.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Suck it into an AE Fluid storage cell, then export it via Fluid Export Bus directed at the QSB.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sage Grimm posted:

Suck it into an AE Fluid storage cell, then export it via Fluid Export Bus directed at the QSB.
Do not do this.
Nine times out of ten, exporting straight from your AE Fluid storage to a QDS will glitch in such a way that your storage is emptied but your quest requirement does not go down. Use a buffer like a drum or portable tank in between the system and the QDS.

Serious question though how did you get that much manyullyn? Purple madness seems like hands down the most insane quest of the bunch.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
When I did the Destabilized Redstone quest, I had all of it in a resonant tank. I put an export bus on the QDS for it, then plopped down the tank and put an import bus on it and all the liquid INSTANTLY went into the QDS. You may be able to replicate this by importing out of a drain, but I am not sure.

^^^^
Wow seriously? Extra Cells is glitchier than I thought. I've completed most of the liquid quests and never ran into that bug though.

Isn't "10000" molten Manyullyn just 10 buckets? That's not much. One bucket is just under 7 ingots, so that's 70 manyullyn, just over a stack.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 26, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Vib Rib posted:

Do not do this.
Nine times out of ten, exporting straight from your AE Fluid storage to a QDS will glitch in such a way that your storage is emptied but your quest requirement does not go down. Use a buffer like a drum or portable tank in between the system and the QDS.

Serious question though how did you get that much manyullyn? Purple madness seems like hands down the most insane quest of the bunch.

I have no idea, just one day there was like 50 ingots worth in the smeltery and I've been tossing in ardite/cobalt ores when I refill our two reactors. I'd guess quest rewards.

Also yeah what McFrugal said.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

scalded schlong posted:

Look for enderium blend instead. It's three tin dust, one shiny metal dust, one bucket of ender juice. Smelt it in an induction smelter with whatever that pyro-dust is called.

Enderium blend was what I was looking for, thanks.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

jadedcat posted:

Oh dear I am so sorry... I was probably wearing my troll hat that day <.<

It's OK, I laughed my rear end off, they both came out as infernal mobs with regen too so I tried to kill them with a bucket of lava I had in my hotbar.

Turns out that's not such a good idea on a wooden platform...

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Be happy you were working on wooden platforms instead of cobble like a lot of people, could have gone a lot worse... Well untill you set everything on fire anyway.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

Do not do this.

The only time I didn't make progress was when the QDS was not set to the quest the fluid would fulfill before setting the fluid export bus. The block will still happily accept anything given to it when it's blank. But buffering tends to be a good idea, no question of that.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I'm starting to look seriously at that dirt quest. What's the best way to approach it? I got maybe 10th of the way there using leaves on trees that I auto-bonemealed for the wood quest. But I don't think that's going to take me the entire way...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'd go with really big fertilised tree farms and sludge boilers, probably. Double up on harvesters, shear the leaves and autocompost them as well.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Bhodi posted:

I'm starting to look seriously at that dirt quest. What's the best way to approach it? I got maybe 10th of the way there using leaves on trees that I auto-bonemealed for the wood quest. But I don't think that's going to take me the entire way...

Aside from just using all the sludge you get from harvesters and using said harvesters to shear leaves and then running them into barrels, I don't think there's a "better" way.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
If you use jungle trees you also get compostable vines.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

I'm currently running 3 farms with jungle trees, one of which is not shearing leaves and one of which being fertilized, though that is not sustainable and it needs moments of no shearing to restock saplings.

That's feeding in 128 barrels fed by export busses. I'm not sure if its the barrels, the busses or the itemducs but that setup is reducing my fps from 90-ish to 30-ish.

I'm feeding the sludge from my 4 farms ( one for regular produce ) into sludge boilers.

At this pace I've managed to get to about 75% in a week. I'm not sure what to do to speed this stuff up aside from just sacrificing the rest of my fps to barrels, equip an axe of healing and just... alt-tabbing out to do something else.

I'm done with AS for the most part, I am currently gathering the rest of my Purple Wool, Dirt and Mysterious Magnets. Its literally just a waiting game now to see what the remaining The End quests are. Don't really care much for bragging rights.

I guess I'll just focus on making my platforms prettier ?

So my advice is, setup something early on and don't wait to do it later like I did. Mysterious Magnets and Dirt are the most time consuming quests by far.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

JadedCat said that Mysterious Magnets can be safely ignored; they aren't attached to any quest unlock and was only added in because people who love time-gated objectives kept pestering her. Compressed dirt is the worst of the required lot however. I could see shaving it down to just 10 Quad Compressed dirt and nothing of value would be lost. Purple is also not a fun one but the updates have added rewards on other quests for speeding up the process.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
What's so hard about the magnets? I'm not there yet but you should be able to stick it in the cyclic assembler and crank them out. I don't see any materials that are particularly scarce, and it doesn't look any worse than the ME storage quest; that thing took like 30k plastic.

And yeah, not a big fan of the FPS hit of harvesting trees - my barrels are in the same closed room as cobblestone, so there's no FPS hit there.

Mostly I find that I want a really fast way to destroy cobblestone. The flux-infused pickaxe is okay but what I really want is a builder's wand in reverse.

Also, wondering the best free-ish way of growing plants is? I've got 6 lamps of growth which are pretty nice, industrial fertilizer though I can't make near enough of it, and I assume there's a really good blood magic ritual that I haven't researched yet. I need wayyy more lettuce, vinegar, and tomatoes than I currently have.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 26, 2014

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I've just discovered how to easily automate obsidian production. Igneous extruder into a fluiduct leading to the side of a stone barrel with water flowing over the top, item duct underneath to take it away. How have I not realised this before?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

EvilHawk posted:

I've just discovered how to easily automate obsidian production. Igneous extruder into a fluiduct leading to the side of a stone barrel with water flowing over the top, item duct underneath to take it away. How have I not realised this before?

Oh nice, didn't know stone barrels did this. I was using a mariculture vat, which does the same thing but is a lot more expensive to make.

You can also use an igneous extruder in obsidian mode.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Glory of Arioch posted:

Oh nice, didn't know stone barrels did this. I was using a mariculture vat, which does the same thing but is a lot more expensive to make.

You can also use an igneous extruder in obsidian mode.

Using the igneous extruder itself requires a constant source of lava. This way is completely free.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, that lettuce quest is also high up there in terms of tedium. 50k feels like an extra zero slipped in, particularly how much farmland you would have to invest towards a single crop to finish in a short time frame. That's not fun.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
So I have a new issue, this time texture related. I amalgamated some blocks from CodeCraft and put them into the Failthful pack. My specific issue is with the redstone texture. It appears to be reveresed and I have no clue how to fix it short of attempted to see if I can edit and turn the texture so it's not reversed.

Codecraft/Faithful Amalgamation

Faithful

As you can see they are connected.

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 26, 2014

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I'm trying to install Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and everything "loads" okay but in game everything is super super bright, it takes midnight level darkness to even see a slight outline of objects.

Is this a known issue with a workaround? Maybe a way of turning bloom down?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Robzilla posted:

So I have a new issue, this time texture related. I amalgamated some blocks from CodeCraft and put them into the Failthful pack. My specific issue is with the redstone texture. It appears to be reveresed and I have no clue how to fix it short of attempted to see if I can edit and turn the texture so it's not reversed.

Codecraft/Faithful Amalgamation

Faithful

As you can see they are connected.

Find the texture in the .zip and rotate it 90 deg

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

Oh, that lettuce quest is also high up there in terms of tedium. 50k feels like an extra zero slipped in, particularly how much farmland you would have to invest towards a single crop to finish in a short time frame. That's not fun.

Yeah I started that really early on and have had three max-size plots almost entirely devoted to lettuce for days, and I'm like 50% of the way there. I'm like 2% finished with the dirt quest and 20% finished with the cobble quest. I only have 128 extruders working on cobble, I've just been playing a long long time. I'm in the middle of expanding my dirt operation right now.

Edit:Previously I only really had saplings and rotten flesh working on dirt alongside my sludge boiler.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 26, 2014

magicalblender
Sep 29, 2007
Is there some limit to how much power can be transmitted through a tesseract? When I was using ordinary cables, my five magmatic dynamos were able to power my base without problems. When I sever the cable and try to send power to my AE system using a tesseract, the system goes dark every other second. Is it because magmatic dynamos reduce their output when they don't see anything in the network they need to power? Can't they see machines on the other end of the tesseract?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'll be honest, some of these quests I feel pretty okay about cheating through. I enabled the recipe for item nodes on Extra Utilities so I could get fast, no-lag cobblegen that still has a large entry cost. Having beat most of it in a prior playthrough, I cheated my way through most of the Thaumcraft questline, especially since it somehow manages to feel even more useless to the modpack than Forestry and Blood Magic do. Blood Magic was actually kind of fun to get through, in fact.

But yeah, some of these quests just aren't really worth sitting through. The pack clearly has some balancing left to do, and some quests like most of the liquids and a lot of the craftable hoard quests are pretty solid, but there are a few quests that are just days and days of waiting even once you get good infrastructure set up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Ak Gara posted:

I'm trying to install Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and everything "loads" okay but in game everything is super super bright, it takes midnight level darkness to even see a slight outline of objects.

Is this a known issue with a workaround? Maybe a way of turning bloom down?

Can you take a screenshot? Which version of everything are you running (MC, SEUS, Optifine)? The sun is definitely too bright at certain times of day on 10.1 for me. I also have a weird thing where when the moon sets, the lighting shifts to look like sunset again. I also can't see falling rain (but I can see the splashes.)

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
OH GREAT. My AE system is freezing up. It just stops accepting items or letting me take items out, for seconds at a time. I haven't done anything except switch my tree farms to start shearing leaves.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

McFrugal posted:

OH GREAT. My AE system is freezing up. It just stops accepting items or letting me take items out, for seconds at a time. I haven't done anything except switch my tree farms to start shearing leaves.

Mine did this when it wasn't getting enough power.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Taffer posted:

Find the texture in the .zip and rotate it 90 deg
I figured the fix would be that simple.

And it was. Thanks.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Opioid posted:

Mine did this when it wasn't getting enough power.

...that was it, thanks. I figured the system would be flickering if that was the case, but I guess not.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
So I heard there's a Minecraft mod/texture pack with pre-rendered graphics a la Donkey Kong. Can't find easily on good, anyone have a link?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Um. I'm trying to put my giant array of leaf-composting barrels somewhere far away from my work area so it doesn't lag up my FPS. Problem is, I can't send stacks of leaves through a tesseract to the barrels because itemducts only want to put one item in a barrel at a time, and won't route to more than one barrel. Am I just going to have to make a quantum network bridge? I guess I could set up a second ME Controller over there, and import the leaves into the system through the tesseract before exporting to the barrels in parallel, but that seems like a lovely solution.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

McFrugal posted:

Um. I'm trying to put my giant array of leaf-composting barrels somewhere far away from my work area so it doesn't lag up my FPS. Problem is, I can't send stacks of leaves through a tesseract to the barrels because itemducts only want to put one item in a barrel at a time, and won't route to more than one barrel. Am I just going to have to make a quantum network bridge? I guess I could set up a second ME Controller over there, and import the leaves into the system through the tesseract before exporting to the barrels in parallel, but that seems like a lovely solution.

Send them to an intermediate storage, like a better barrel or a DSU first, then from that into the nihilo barrels? I don't know if it will help, honestly, but it might?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Install Ender Storage, use an ender chest. Easy peasy.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

You could also put the first itemduct to Round-Robin so it will continually route items from the tesseract or the intermediate storage?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

You could also put the first itemduct to Round-Robin so it will continually route items from the tesseract or the intermediate storage?

I tried round robin, it kept sending single items out. Still way too slow. I just wound up putting an ME Controller and ME Chest up there to handle leaf IO. Still using itemducts to get the dirt out though.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

McFrugal posted:

I tried round robin, it kept sending single items out. Still way too slow. I just wound up putting an ME Controller and ME Chest up there to handle leaf IO. Still using itemducts to get the dirt out though.

gently caress.
Whoever set up the barrel system on taffer's server is using a vaccumn hopper which never catches the drat dirt
No wonder we're slow.

If I can get the stupid game to load tonight I'll try to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What tools/items/etc do you guys like for disabling rain as a non-admin? I'd prefer something science-y but the forestry machine is a bit of a pain. I know there's an anti-rain thing in Totemic, what other options are there?

I know about the muffler in extra utilities too, but it's the visuals that cause FPS drops, not the sound.

• Locked thread