Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/26/2003

Wow, Brooke. That sounds pretty gross. :barf:

Why does it not surprise me that Brooke's characters are the type of people who will act all rude and superior to a secretary just for doing her job? Here's a tip for anybody who actually wants to make life easier for themselves or who just plain aren't assholes: Always be nice to the secretary/front office/whoever is in charge of the books and appointments. These people wield more power than you might think.

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Gil has a habit of watching really bad adult television. When I was a kid whenever the TV was free and a good cartoon wasn't on it was always video game time.

Kids are weird. I used to watch Divorce Court when I was home from school, in spite of multitudes of better things I could have been doing with my time.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Angels are pretty well known for their tentacles.

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Sure, Phantom, "charities." We've all seen your weeks long treasure cave tour.

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

1) Do large organizations not already have the lion's share of bandwidth on account of bandwidth costing money?
2) Just how much bandwidth did it take for that Solitaire java applet to load?

I think that's the joke. The second bit, at least; she's talking about how much bandwidth she needs, and then proceeds to do something that doesn't use the Internet at all.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Oh. Well, I guess Sam's reckless toying with mad science finally got the best of her, and that's the end of Safe Havens. Hope everyone enjoyed it!

I like how Holbrook feels the need to repeatedly reinforce that Samantha is a moron and should not be allowed anywhere near the magic called science in this world.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It was pointed out somewhere else that today was an important day in history. So Happy Birthday, Sally Brown! She'd be 55 if she had the option of aging. (May 26, 1959)

Anyway, Pogo gives us another round of "Nate Silver would smack you so hard." (May 28, 1956)

Droodles (May 28, 1956)

Out Our Way (January 16-17, 1925)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic
"Oh, okay. So if was 'the Phantom' but not specifically you then 'the Phantom' is like a hereditary title or a job position rather than a single immortal ghost? I guess I may as well start organising revenge on you from inside this prison."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's not like net neutrality works like that, anyway. It doesn't work in favor of corporations other than telecommunications companies.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pfft, of course he's not going to figure it out, and even if he did, he'd never remember it. This whole storyline started because The Phantom forgot it himself.

Take note, Newspaper Spidey fans. Classic Phantom is so dumb he forgot his own origin story, and spent several weeks of strips trying to figure it out.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moH_aP_Ti4s

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

It's Jenner, calling it right now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

And yet, he stays in line.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (April 24th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam (March 21st 1983)

It's All Right Chief Dharma (October 20th 2009)

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

drat, that's a fine horse.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just call him Johnny B. Goode.

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

We must overcome this terrible thing, an army of genetically altered super rats! ... says the genetically altered super rat.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Not to worry, his brother already captured that old drunk cougar hours ago.

9 Chickweed Lane

"What are you doing here" "Polluting the drinking water for the next five towns downstream."

Pibgorn

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

She's had chin-length bobbed hair for this entire story arc. Did it grow to waist length overnight or is this a different woman? It's impossible to tell any of his characters apart because they all have the same faces and bodies and they all talk exactly the same way.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
9 Junji Lane.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Humanoid Female posted:

She's had chin-length bobbed hair for this entire story arc. Did it grow to waist length overnight or is this a different woman? It's impossible to tell any of his characters apart because they all have the same faces and bodies and they all talk exactly the same way.

I think that is just a very pretty chimp-faced man.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

To be fair, ladies are the best ride.

Today, instead of Geech, we're revisiting Red and Rover. Most Memorial Days (but not all), the strip highlights a trip to pay respects to Red's Uncle Jimmy, KIA. Gocomics doesn't go back before 2003, but these are dead Uncle Jimmy's appearances since then.

May 26, 2003:

Jarring, but it's not like we have to look at a war grave.

May 21, 2004:

I think that's Red's brother in the background. He's usually an rear end in a top hat, so it's weird to see him commiserating with Red.

May 30, 2005:

At least it isn't about dog slobber.

May 29, 2006:

A rare Memorial Day without Uncle Jimmy.

May 28, 2007:

This is the good one. It's a quietly jarring reminder that the honored dead weren't much older than Red is.

After a long hiatus, May 30, 2011:

Doesn't work. I still think Red and Rover would be a better strip with a lot less Rover in it.

May 28, 2012:

The only appearance by Uncle Jimmy himself. He's forgotten Scooter's name wasn't Biscuit.

Nothing last year, but May 26, 2014:

It's not as infuriating as Guy Gilchrist's hooey. I wish it was more consistent and less "doggy".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I prefer to think of it as Advance Roof Raising.

Mary Worth

"Mop that floor with that broom or I'll PUMP YA FULL OF LEAD!"

Rex Morgan MD

Hat Week, day two.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I love that he's just sitting there smashing a rock with a hammer.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Haha, Sarah is so angry!

Crock

Garfield

Six Chix

What is with that phrasing anyway? I know what it means, but I can't get my head around the grammar.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 27, 2014

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's an edit, right? :psyduck:

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Poil posted:

I wonder how many Tiggum posts with Tiggum edits in this thread it will take before people figure out that Tiggum Posts loving Edits

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Poil posted:

You can clearly see where the copyright info has been partially removed to fit the edit in, so...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
None of my stuff is edited either.
Anyone want a scary child avatar?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pidmon posted:

I wonder how many Tiggum posts with Tiggum edits in this thread it will take before people figure out that Tiggum Posts loving Edits

It's been several years and multiple threads...

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

You can clearly see where the copyright info has been partially removed to fit the edit in, so...

gently caress. I remember seeing that and making a mental note to go back and fix it, then I must have forgotten. Now I've got to edit in a new version.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Tiggum's edits are usually a bit more subtle. There have been a few in the past that I definitely had to fact-check and see for sure. Kudos, goonsir!

Jane's World

Jeez. This story's just zipping right along now, isn't it?

Non Sequitur

:rolleyes:

Heavenly Nostrils

D'aww! I was that kid. :3:

Kliban's Cats

That's a 36"x36" poster happening, right there.

9 Chickweed Lane 5/27/2003

You could've left the sort of bloviated caption out, Brooke, and it would've been way better.

Let me know if I should timg these. I'm at 1280x800 and it's just about table breaking.

Zits

[txt]OMG SARA COME OVR QUICK![/txt]

Kevin & Kell

You horny little bat, you.

:v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon a day late Boyce :thumbsup:

Bizarro

Dilbert

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/27/2003

Let me know if I should timg these. I'm at 1280x800 and it's just about table breaking.

Since you're using imgur, you could just add a h to the end of the filename, before the .gif, eg.

http://i.imgur.com/v9yiIhGh.gif

rather than

http://i.imgur.com/v9yiIhG.gif

and it resizes it to 1024px wide.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Petey's obsessive compulsive genius goes unrecognized.

The Creeps Gets a new cast member!

Broom Hilda Tries to get in on all this fetishy comic action

:barf:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

[NO dog droppings!]
- Can you not read?!
- But that's not a dog's, that's mine

I can only imagine the joke is that the joke is not that [sic] Devil is not a dog but a wolf. It's the only thing that makes sense. Even so, :wtc:

Fok_It

A few days of 20°C+ weather later, this week will barely break 10°C. Summer indeed.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Tiggum posted:

Since you're using imgur, you could just add a h to the end of the filename, before the .gif, eg.

http://i.imgur.com/v9yiIhGh.gif

rather than

http://i.imgur.com/v9yiIhG.gif

and it resizes it to 1024px wide.

10-roger! Cool, I only knew about the s, m, and l options, not the h one. I'll do that from now on. I don't want anyone to miss the splendor that is old 9 Chickweed Lane because I'm exploding their browser frames. Although, I do enjoy Brooke's cat strips.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

tiistai posted:

Fok_It

A few days of 20°C+ weather later, this week will barely break 10°C. Summer indeed.

gently caress this whole summer nonsense, we didn't even have a winter. :argh:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 8, 1927)

Peanuts, in which Lucy learns that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. (May 30, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Rose's idea of "wild and crazy bad-rear end" makes me sad.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

Jeez. This story's just zipping right along now, isn't it?

That's a drat fine saloon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Wait, so she has the money to buy a probably multi-thousand dollar original splash page to use to trade with this guy but doesn't have that kind of cash to contact local stores around the US to get this issue????

• Locked thread