Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

This was posted on April 1st.

So was the original blood dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tySXo81PswM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have to give this game credit, there was a mission to look through cameras and maneuver a guy through a maze of enemies trying to kill him, but when I screwed up, he dropped his phone and I could get the next plot lead that way. Messing up the stealth in this case was not a game over.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Falcon2001 posted:

Alright so yeah, agreed on this point. uPlay is a pain in the rear end and pretty much unnecessary. If it was just a webui thing that could net you some rewards then cool, whatever, but as a piece of software that frequently craps out it's bullshit.

I bought ACIII Deluxe on Amazon a couple of days ago and when I registered the key in Uplay, Blood Dragon disappeared from my games list. I can't find any mention of it in my account. :iiam:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
You can still play the game offline and if you didn't expect the servers to be wrecked on launch day, you're pretty bad at pattern recognition (So is Ubisoft)!

Also, I hack every single one of those meme signs when I pass them purely because I know that somewhere a goon is incredibly enraged by their existence.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is there some weird mouse acceleration in this or am I just used to playing Wolfenstein at the moment? Cause it's finicky as hell to aim with the mouse.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Uplay keeps crashing and I haven't been able to download. Maybe letting people preload wouldn't be a bad feature for their Steam knockoff.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Palpek posted:

Yeah but Blacklist is pretty much the best Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory in the series, the gameplay and AI are really solid in that game, I had a lot fun with it.

Sometimes increaded accessibility works both ways and Blacklist gameplay is a good example of it. It basically merged Conviction and Chaos Theory into a game and, amazingly, the game is suddenly accessible to every play style.

That said the Blacklist story is so :stare: it's incredible. That, plus no Michael Ironside really hurts any attempt to keep Sam around in the franchise instead of just moving onto a new main character.

But hey, the gameplay is fun as hell.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I want to know what sadistic bastard created UPlay. I want to know what happened to him growing up that caused him to lash out in such a way as to create that hellish program. A program borne of bone and blood and the tears of gamers across the world
As divisive as this game is, I think we can all agree UPLAY is literally HitlerStalin

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013

Croccers posted:

Is there some weird mouse acceleration in this or am I just used to playing Wolfenstein at the moment? Cause it's finicky as hell to aim with the mouse.

Yes tehre is, and it sucks balls.

Also, the nerd that decided the way you navigate the smartphone was a good idea should be shot.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

1stGear posted:

You can still play the game offline and if you didn't expect the servers to be wrecked on launch day, you're pretty bad at pattern recognition (So is Ubisoft)!

Unless this is the first Ubisoft game you've deigned to play in a while, then you might get this message:

quote:

If this is your first time using Uplay on this computer you need to login online at least once before using offline mode.

:negative:

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not into open world single player games, is there anything about this game that would compel an online PC (mainly FPS) focused gamer to purchase or should I just skip this?

Some of the MP preview feature vids looked neat but I'm doubting this will have a strong online community 4+ weeks after launch, any reasons I could be wrong?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

5thMouseButton posted:

I'm not into open world single player games

Probably not for you based on just this statement.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

uPlay is a great, big pile of steaming triceratops poo poo, goddamn. In the event that it loads on the third or fourth try, after like 2 or 3 minutes, it crashes whenever I exit the game. Don't think I'll ever be buying anything that utilises it again.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Slow Graffiti posted:

Unless this is the first Ubisoft game you've deigned to play in a while, then you might get this message:

One day I would like a knock-off of a more successful product to actually be on that product's level when it launches, as opposed to being on the level of the original when the original launched.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
How the hell do I fix this ridiculous sensitivity? Should I just use a wired 360 controller at this point?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

5thMouseButton posted:

I'm not into open world single player games, is there anything about this game that would compel an online PC (mainly FPS) focused gamer to purchase or should I just skip this?

the gunplay is mediocre by any fps standards and the MP is rather limited. play this game for the open world carnage or not at all

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

1stGear posted:

When I click "Go offline", I'm greeted with this:

So unless I'm missing something obvious, playing offline is also not an option.

And if Ubisoft wants to compete with Steam (while still using Steam, mind you) they'd better work on their infrastructure.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Holy poo poo the loving stuttering on this game. A 2500k and a 560ti shouldn't have this much trouble.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nobody has a problem with Uplay until Uplay has a problem and then it's always some big steaming one you can't avoid or fix in any way.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Deviant posted:

Holy poo poo the loving stuttering on this game. A 2500k and a 560ti shouldn't have this much trouble.

Its not your graphics, its some glitch.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity
Haha I swear the new Nvidia drivers that released yesterday (for this game) actually made it run worse.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DheeradjS posted:

Yes tehre is, and it sucks balls.
Is there any way to get rid of it because it's making combat WAY harder than it needs to be.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Don Lapre posted:

Its not your graphics, its some glitch.

Yeah, I'm just loving frustrated. Too bad I can't get a refund, because WELP.

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.

Palpek posted:

Nobody has a problem with Uplay until Uplay has a problem and then it's always some big steaming one you can't avoid or fix in any way.

I've always compared Uplay to peanut butter. It takes some doing to make it go bad, but when it goes bad, it goes bad.

CapnBiggles
Jan 12, 2004

James Bigglesworth, Defender of the Skies, the Commonwealth, and the Common Good
Game pre-installed on Steam fine, fired up great and ran just fine last night. Can't wait to get home to play a bit more. It's certainly not as good as I hoped, but I'm a huge fan of Sleeping Dogs (rather than GTA) and I'm getting massive Sleeping Dogs vibes off of this. I'm having fun.

Glad I changed my mind.

Also I hate Uplay, but I did buy all the Uplay perks for this game from points I earned in Uplay already from other games so...I dunno maybe I should just start cutting myself.

CapnBiggles fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 27, 2014

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

1stGear posted:

One day I would like a knock-off of a more successful product to actually be on that product's level when it launches, as opposed to being on the level of the original when the original launched.

I've never used Uplay before so I had no idea what I was getting into. Just wanted to play the game in offline mode while they got their poo poo together...

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I got to the "try Uplay offline" thing once, hit retry, then I got an unrecoverable error.

Now I just get the error. Fun!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Downloaded 1/3 before work this morning, then turned off my computer.

That's teach me to think about our electricity bill and the environment. Thanks, Uplay!

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010

ethanol posted:

the gunplay is mediocre by any fps standards and the MP is rather limited. play this game for the open world carnage or not at all

Hrm drat, one of the gameplay previews I watched had two groups fight over a decryption & it didn't look too bad. I hoped you could jump into a mode, be matched up & placed into a game more like a map in a standard CTF match.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Timespy posted:

When I click "Go offline", I'm greeted with this:

So unless I'm missing something obvious, playing offline is also not an option.

Same here. Offline isn't really an option anyway because you need to use your code to unlock the game :shepface:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gotta say, the Nvidia driver that was released yesterday actually helps my performance in this game a lot. I can now play at 1920x1200 (native res) with little to no screen tearing/artifacting at a stable framerate.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

5thMouseButton posted:

Hrm drat, one of the gameplay previews I watched had two groups fight over a decryption & it didn't look too bad. I hoped you could jump into a mode, be matched up & placed into a game more like a map in a standard CTF match.

I'm pretty sure you can do that. Granted, I haven't tried the death match modes yet.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

5thMouseButton posted:

That's how it works, but there's no standard death match or anything. Just Decryption, Racing, Invasions and Tailing as well as GTA4 style free roam which you can play like it's deathmatch.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
By the way, everyone should try the Alone digital trip when they get the chance. It's really fun and tense, and gets surprisingly difficult later on.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nals and I were testing and they seem to have removed Team Decryption, it's all FFA, which is really a shame.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

The faux Cloud Gate ("The Bean") isn't even reflective in-game. Unacceptable!

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Orv posted:

Nals and I were testing and they seem to have removed Team Decryption, it's all FFA, which is really a shame.

How many people were in the game? Because I think it only does FFA until you have a certain number of players

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Orv posted:

I think you need six players or more to have teams.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah that's probably it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Well that's great. My Asus Transformer 2 tablet has an OS level that's within the minimum requirements but the Play store is telling me it's not compatible. Wonderful.

• Locked thread