Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Please for the love of god patch this soon so that it will stop the incessant stuttering and freezing!

It's got absolutely nothing to do with my PC, it's all to do with extremely poor engine optimization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

1stGear posted:

Just won an invasion by standing perfectly still in an empty part of a ring of people. The victim ran right past me, profiled the guy next to me, and then ran off. :smug:
I nearly won an invasion by joining someone's traffic jam. It was all pretty normal, just sitting there in a pickup truck until they stole the car I was driving. Then drove off in my car. They only found me because when I hopped into another car they rammed my new car as they were going up and down the street. :psyduck:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

WMain00 posted:

Please for the love of god patch this soon so that it will stop the incessant stuttering and freezing!

It's got absolutely nothing to do with my PC, it's all to do with extremely poor engine optimization.

A few people were saying that the game runs like absolute poo poo on AMD cards, hth

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.

Deviant posted:

Holy poo poo the loving stuttering on this game. A 2500k and a 560ti shouldn't have this much trouble.

I'm on the same setup, it runs well most of the time but if you decide to move anywhere at any sort of speed or turn the camera around it slows down, it's not unplayable but it's annoying. Even with all the settings on min and resolution on 800x600. There's something else going on here that's not graphics card related, I'm guessing it's not pulling the textures off the hard drive fast enough but I could be wrong.

I'm not so bothered about this though as the general half assed clunky approach to pretty much all the game mechanics, I swear there is a slight input lag even with a controller, it's way worse with a mouse. The driving is on par with super hang on (megadrive) it's just awful. The shooting is pretty awful as well and the plot is just not really there. It's hard to find anything to like about this game particularly. I mean I've certainly played much worse games, its just a shame. Hopefully mods will fix half this stuff, because I know they will never bother to patch it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Azurrat posted:

A few people were saying that the game runs like absolute poo poo on AMD cards, hth

runs fine on my hd7950 but not sure if the SSAO works or not

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

WMain00 posted:

I had this, but I've fixed it by some magic combination of stuff.

Try putting -disablepagefilecheck in the Steam command line arguments thing (This seems to be the biggy)
Try turning off triple buffering if it is forced on in the Nvidia control panel
Try running in a borderless window (Many people saying this works)
Try running fullscreen (Borderless window makes things worse for me)
Try setting Vsync to 1 frame instead of 2
Try setting GPU frame buffering to 2 instead of 3

I've got it sitting happily with most things at Ultra with a liiiittle stutter, and pretty solid Vsynced 60 if I drop shadows to high instead of Ultra.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I'm running an FX-6300 with a 550 Ti (a pretty junk card by today's standards) and I get a solid 60 on medium settings. :shrug:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ugh, stop narrating every loving minor plot point in the game, Aiden. We get it already. We're not stupid :argh:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
SO, switch HDMI cables, tried every audio setting on the PS$ and the game itself, still only music/sfx. WTF?

EDIT: It'sn jsut watch_dogs

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 27, 2014

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ugh, stop narrating every loving minor plot point in the game, Aiden. We get it already. We're not stupid :argh:

But you bought watch_dogs.

edit: OH god I did too :negative:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Matchmaking takes such a gigantic amount of time on PS4, is it the same across other systems?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Matchmaking takes such a gigantic amount of time on PS4, is it the same across other systems?

Ubisoft's server poo poo is overwhelmed right now, their site is barely working and most people can't even log in.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.

ShineDog posted:

I had this, but I've fixed it by some magic combination of stuff.

Try putting -disablepagefilecheck in the Steam command line arguments thing (This seems to be the biggy)
Try turning off triple buffering if it is forced on in the Nvidia control panel
Try running in a borderless window (Many people saying this works)
Try running fullscreen (Borderless window makes things worse for me)
Try setting Vsync to 1 frame instead of 2
Try setting GPU frame buffering to 2 instead of 3

I've got it sitting happily with most things at Ultra with a liiiittle stutter, and pretty solid Vsynced 60 if I drop shadows to high instead of Ultra.

Can you still disable the page file if you have the uplay edition.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

WMain00 posted:

UH we went over this in IRC it is absolutely your pc since your processor is either below or just at the minimum requirements.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 27, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I cannot connect to Ubisofts servers. Welp I guess this should have been expected for launch.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

ethanol posted:

runs fine on my hd7950 but not sure if the SSAO works or not

Yeah, getting flawless 1080p 60fps on my 7950, only started dropping in multi when me and Orv had five stars and were super speeding through the waterways.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

that is hilarious

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Haha holy poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching this game glitch out does not get old for me :mmmhmm:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Solly posted:

Can you still disable the page file if you have the uplay edition.

You should be able to just put it under the target box of a desktop shortcut, thats all the steam command line stuff equates to.

Apparently you need plenty of system ram for this btw.

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 27, 2014

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I've been playing for awhile, only physics glitch I've seen so far is a car sink into the ground a couple feet then pop back out.

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.
I dropped by AK for a goblin and now I'm not seeing anywhere to switch back to my AK now. Where do I change weapons at? Gun stores just let me look at the AK and homes have nothing in them for weapons that I can see.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Thank You Card posted:

I dropped by AK for a goblin and now I'm not seeing anywhere to switch back to my AK now. Where do I change weapons at?

Weapon radial menu, hit left and right to switch weapons in that category. Once you have a gun you have it forever.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Haha Uplay is down now.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Was it ever up?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I'm logged in right now, but it's taking 5-10 attempts to get in.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So for those who have been able to play, what's the consensus? I've been holding off on grabbing it for PC as I was afraid of the massive hype train. I suppose it might still be too early to get any concrete reviews?

I generally dislike "professional" reviews, so, hoping to get some first-hand accounts.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
It's like some punji stick trap for motorists.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

WMain00 posted:

Have you tried turning off SSAO?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Sab669 posted:

So for those who have been able to play, what's the consensus? I've been holding off on grabbing it for PC as I was afraid of the massive hype train. I suppose it might still be too early to get any concrete reviews?

I generally dislike "professional" reviews, so, hoping to get some first-hand accounts.

Earlier in the thread I think folks were saying 8/10, not revolutionary but fairly fun. The uPlay stuff is obviously a giant shitpile, but my take on it is that it looks good, controls are pretty good, and the hacky stuff is all pretty fun to play around with. The story appears to be kind of crappy, but I'm used to video game stories and take it in stride so not a bad downer for me.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Sab669 posted:

I'd say it's a decent chunk of open-world fun, just don't expect it to be revolutionary.

e: Falcon2001 :argh:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Sab669 posted:

The hacking gimmick, while very gimmicky, is legitimately fun and adds an interesting element to gun fights, stealth, and chases. Driving feels extremely "wrong", guns are basically spray and pray, story isn't that fantastic. The NPCs act like actual people, reacting in a believable manner to everything around them. They're also a great source of entertainment, some of the dialog you hear while just running around in genuinely funny.

All in all, a solid game. Nothing groundbreaking, and obvious franchise fodder. Watch Dogs 2 should be pretty nice.

e: v this guy is literally retarded

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
^^^ What are you on about? The AI is terrible as far as I can tell. Go watch that stealth gameplay video from a while back where people are exploding.

Sab669 posted:

See my post from a while back, its probably better off as sale fodder. For how long they put this game off it lacks some serious polish. Hacking is fun but gets somewhat old somewhat quick. However if you view it from a goat simulator like lens it is a hilariously broken game with loads of glitches and "what the gently caress?" moments. I'd say its worth 30 bucks, 20 maybe even, but if you are going into this at full price you'll end up with a lack luster open world experience.

Oh except invasions are a neat gimmick so if that's your thing it might be worth it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sab669 posted:

Its GTA4 with hacking and dark souls multiplayer. If you like GTA4, you know what to expect. If you don't like GTA4 don't buy this. It is that simple.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Hacker City

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Its GTA4 with hacking and dark souls multiplayer. If you like GTA4, you know what to expect. If you don't like GTA4 don't buy this.

It also runs like the PC version of GTA 4...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DheeradjS posted:

It also runs like the PC version of GTA 4...

Personally GTA4 ran like rear end and this runs silky smooth on max settings, but sucks to be you? :shrug:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Zaphod42 posted:

Personally GTA4 ran like rear end and this runs silky smooth on max settings, but sucks to be you? :shrug:

There are lots of people reporting performance issues on the PC version, what a weird response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Rakthar posted:

There are lots of people reporting performance issues on the PC version, what a weird response.

Lots of people are also using a pirated version with a bitcoin miner hidden in it. I'm running legit and it runs just fine for me with my crappy 550 Ti.

• Locked thread