Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Family members are usually the best judges of character (see: OG Kira's dad).

I'm pretty sure even OG Kira's dad knew he was a poo poo, he just didn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
There's also Enya Geil.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Does it count if the family member is also evil as poo poo?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Man, they must've been really disappointed they weren't able to use his actual name because these are lying everywhere.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

If you beat him with Polnareff he says "you're not so quick and nimble".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Little preview for this week's episode.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Is there any part that hates dogs more than part 3? I remember at least four dead dogs off the top of my head including Iggy, plus at least one cat to boot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Star Platinum posted:

Is there any part that hates dogs more than part 3? I remember at least four dead dogs off the top of my head including Iggy, plus at least one cat to boot.

Dog in Yellow Temperance fight
Dog in Death 13 fight
2 Dogs in the Petshop fight
Iggy's death against Vanilla Ice

Were there any others? I'm convinced Araki just doesn't like animals very much.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Well Cars saved that one dog in Part 2, that's gotta count for something right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not really, Kars is portrayed as an unhinged monster. If anything him saving the dog is probably meant to add to his villainy... only in an Araki comic.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Beef Waifu posted:

Not really, Kars is portrayed as an unhinged monster. If anything him saving the dog is probably meant to add to his villainy... only in an Araki comic.

That doesn't square with Dio though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Dio cut off a cat's head and threw it on someone's dinner plate while he stopped time to kill Joseph.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's absolutely amazing how Dio tries to top himself in assholery in each of his appearances.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I will point out that alternate universe Diego lets a fangirl get hit with Tusk act 3 and tries to light a cripple on fire.
So yeah he does become more of an rear end in a top hat everytime he shows up.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 27, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Fiend Computer posted:

I will point out that alternate universe lets a fangirl get hit with Tusk act 3 and tries to light a cripple on fire.
So yeah he does become more of an rear end in a top hat everytime he shows up.

Plus he tricked Wekapipo into dying.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

Plus he tricked Wekapipo into dying.

That was regular Diego, not alternate universe Diego.

e: I just realized we're talking about alternate universe versions of alternate universe characters. gently caress SBR; why is it so good?

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 27, 2014

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It's not magic, it's [Technique].

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
There is that dog Tonio treated in Part 4, busting open his insides and all like it's nothing. He and Tonio himself are exceptions though.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

planetarial posted:

There is that dog Tonio treated in Part 4, busting open his insides and all like it's nothing. He and Tonio himself are exceptions though.

Stray Cat lived, too. :3:

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
After it was crushed to death.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
RIP Danny.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
This is apropos of nothing but I kind of had to share this one: http://imgur.com/gn3lc7P - "This taste... is the the taste of a liar!"

Man, for all that Giorno is kind of dull, Part 5 has some amazing moments.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Interrobang posted:

This is apropos of nothing but I kind of had to share this one: http://imgur.com/gn3lc7P - "This taste... is the the taste of a liar!"

Man, for all that Giorno is kind of dull, Part 5 has some amazing moments.

Well, "taste of a liar" is by far the most iconic panel in Part5. That poo poo is a solid 10 in Jojoness.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I dunno, it was the torture dance that really sold me on part 5. If there's one thing about Vento Aureo I wanna see animated, it's that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I dunno, it was the torture dance that really sold me on part 5. If there's one thing about Vento Aureo I wanna see animated, it's that.

This should tide you over until then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yCNj6S3TzQ

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Speaking of Part 5, is there any confusion about King Crimson's abilities among the fandom over in Japan, or was it better explained due to being in it's native language?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'd like to see Polpo's Banana gun animated.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Speaking of Part 5, is there any confusion about King Crimson's abilities among the fandom over in Japan, or was it better explained due to being in it's native language?

As said like ten million times before in this thread, the english translation for part 5 is really god drat bad. There's a few contradicting explanations within it, this is obviously not the case with the original version. So it's pretty unlikely, if not outright impossible for this to be the case in the native language.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In my completely unfair, biased opinion, a part 5 anime adaptation would be boss if:

1. The torture dance is properly animated.
  2. If they have to follow the trend of the Part 3 anime (so far) and have only 2 of the ASB voice actors reprise their role, then let it be Noriaki Sugiyama as Bruno and Toshiyuki Morikawa as Diavolo. Giorno feels way better suited to a younger-sounding voice actor (Miyu Irino or Ryohei Kimura, maybe?)
  3. That they keep the inane conversations / goofy interactions intact. Mista and Narancia are so goddamn fun.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wark Say posted:

In my completely unfair, biased opinion, a part 5 anime adaptation would be boss if:

2. If they have to follow the trend of the Part 3 anime (so far) and have only 2 of the ASB voice actors reprise their role, then let it be Noriaki Sugiyama as Bruno and Toshiyuki Morikawa as Diavolo. Giorno feels way better suited to a younger-sounding voice actor (Miyu Irino or Ryohei Kimura, maybe?)
  3. That they keep the inane conversations / goofy interactions intact. Mista and Narancia are so goddamn fun.

Well, they've been adding goofy side conversations/interactions to part 3, so I don't think we have to worry about them taking those out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't think you can make an accurate depiction of Narancia without him being goofy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think you can make an accurate depiction of Narancia without him being goofy.

Unless he's burning down a city block to kill some fucker without a moment's hesitation.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 29, 2014

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
People talk a lot about the train fight but god drat if the talking heads fight isn't one of the most amazing bits in part 5. :allears:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I just wanna know why Abbacchio was peeing in that pot.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Girno's voice would be better if they actually used the voice they did for the part 5 game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please no, do not use Romi Park. Daisuke Namikawa's voice is fine he just needs to actually sound intense when he's yelling and not boring as hell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I dropped Vento Aureo just after the Diavolo vs that guy with the Metallica stand fight because of the lovely early scans, really thinking of starting again if there are better ones available though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I dropped Vento Aureo just after the Diavolo vs that guy with the Metallica stand fight because of the lovely early scans, really thinking of starting again if there are better ones available though.

I think MangaReader has some good scans of Vento Aureo.

Also, for a Stand with some pretty bad looking stats, Metallica is pretty awesome.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Please no, do not use Romi Park. Daisuke Namikawa's voice is fine he just needs to actually sound intense when he's yelling and not boring as hell.

Yeah, hearing PS2 Giorno after ASB Giorno was pretty :stonk:. Just keep Park as Koichi, she's perfect for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think MangaReader has some good scans of Vento Aureo.

Also, for a Stand with some pretty bad looking stats, Metallica is pretty awesome.

Nope. Anything after volume 49 is poo poo. There will never be good scans for part 5, at least not anytime soon.

• Locked thread