Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
Two years and four months after getting my Masters, I've finally gotten a part-time job in the field. It's right in my hometown, right down the road, and since I'll hopefully be in it for the long haul, it looks like I'm never getting away from this place. Ah well, some things are worth it, since this is basically the fulfillment of my dream. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Cruxxed Up posted:

Two years and four months after getting my Masters, I've finally gotten a part-time job in the field. It's right in my hometown, right down the road, and since I'll hopefully be in it for the long haul, it looks like I'm never getting away from this place. Ah well, some things are worth it, since this is basically the fulfillment of my dream. :)

That's fantastic! Congratulations! I'm legitimately jealous, but have fun with your new life!

Other than being stuck in the same town, but yeah. :)

Lt Greatsocks
Nov 4, 2009

Cruxxed Up posted:

Well? What's your masters in?

Today I left work early (maybe 30-45 minutes early anyways) to go shooting for the first time in close to a decade with my sister and a friend. Then I grabbed a couple fancy beers at a bar and went to a drum circle for the first time ever. Thankfully there was an unoccupied djembe so I got to jam out for like 45 minutes. And now that I'm home I get to eat food and read old school sci-fi. That's a mighty fine day as far as I'm concerned.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

After years of nocturnal brainwashing subtle coercion I appear to have convinced my :canada: wife to move back to Australia with me. Her dad is Kiwi so citizenship is a piece of cake.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
My supervisor told me he'll be recommending that I get both annual and mid-year merit raises and a promotion, I'm getting a 3% raise on top of that in July, and I just passed a certification exam that earned me a $4,000 bonus and a 5% raise a year down the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJCFc_qkHw

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Had lunch with a girl I used to work with, she's still awesome and made my day awesome :)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Finally spotted a robin today :3:

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.

Doctor Chaxtical posted:

That's fantastic! Congratulations! I'm legitimately jealous, but have fun with your new life!

Other than being stuck in the same town, but yeah. :)

Thanks! My hometown isn't terrible in the big scheme of things, but it's basically suburban sprawl hell that squeezes the historic district in with terrible traffic every hour of the day.

Lt Greatsocks posted:

Well? What's your masters in?

American Studies with a focus on historic preservation efforts intersecting with modern community growth. :downs: Thus the two years and four months until a relevant job opportunity. My student loans say otherwise, but I couldn't be happier right now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Parmesan-Garlic kettle chips.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Awesome things from the past few days:
-Scored some sweet summer shirts thrifting
-Had a date that went pretty well
-Saw a movie
-Got a ton of new music
-The weather has been awesome lately

All in all, not a bad weekend so far.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got some good sleep last night, woke up early and felt refreshed, and got a lot done. There were a couple electric outlets in my bedroom that were faulty, both would pop/crackle whenever anything was plugged into them and randomly shut off. After doing a little research online, I found some info on how to replace the electrical socket, everything was pretty straightforward so I thought I'd go ahead and do it despite having little knowledge. Went to Home Depot, bought a handful of sockets (2 to replace, 2 as spares in case any others failed for any reason), spent under $3, turned off all the breakers, and it took all of 20 minutes or so to replace both bad sockets. Now both are working better than ever, no more worries about fire hazard, sparks or damage to any of my electronics :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This might have been yesterday, but I texted my girlfriend while at work asking if we needed anything from the store, and she responded with "No, just kisses and loving" :3:

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
My divorce is final from my cheating ex-wife, yay!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

C-Euro posted:

This might have been yesterday, but I texted my girlfriend while at work asking if we needed anything from the store, and she responded with "No, just kisses and loving" :3:

Woodhouse posted:

My divorce is final from my cheating ex-wife, yay!

I love the juxtaposition here. Also, I'm alone at work until 12, which is nice.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My professor called the registrar and interceded on my behalf, so I don't have to give my financial aid back! Plus I figured out why it looked like I hadn't got paid and how to fix that, yesss!

Gatla
Apr 29, 2004
Blah blah blah.
The weather was finally nice enough to ride my motorcycle to work and i upgraded to the iPhone 5s.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It was the busiest day of the year at my new job, and I not only survived it, I dominated it. My boss loves me and I feel really accomplished :3:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm poor and I'm broke, but gently caress that. My day is awesome because I just took a previously frozen chuck roast and made a masterpiece out of it. Now, soon as I get this cheap sale asparagus done, this will be an incredible meal for two. Who says you need money? gently caress them. We both work minimum wage jobs and we struggle, but we're gonna have a great dinner tonight.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I cleaned the poo poo out of my bathroom and, drat, does it feel good to accomplish something like that.

Rocketfish
Jul 2, 2007

*pshew!*
Thanks!
I just finished my last day at my current (crappy) job, and I'm now prepping to move out of state. I can't wait to see my sister and brother-in-law again. It's been a solid three years since I've been able to spend any time with them.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Justin Godscock posted:

I cleaned the poo poo out of my bathroom and, drat, does it feel good to accomplish something like that.

:hfive: Did the same, plus the kitchen! Gonna go through and do a quick steam clean of my carpets this weekend too, and get rid of some other stuff that's piled up. Mainly because I'm sick of looking at it, but also because I've got a date Saturday and don't know whose place we'll end up at when it's over...lol

T-Rexcellent
Nov 1, 2012
I walked two miles this morning and then got two packages in the mail. I love exercise and material things.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I accepted admission at CSU Northridge for the fall today. In 4 months time, I'll be a junior at "big boy" college and hopefully get my bachelors by this time two years from now.

Now I get to worry about student loans.:(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
After a super-stressful week at work, I got this afternoon off!

Because my girlfriend's sister started a fire in our kitchen, and our landlord is coming to install a new stove fan :negative: At least no one was hurt and nothing else was damaged.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
After fighting the postal service about what might be the world's shittiest mailman, I decided to just talk to amazon to see about replacing my lost-in-transit phone. After talking to me about it, they decided to process a refund and price match a brand new phone for me. Even though I ordered a used one for much less than new price. Gonna get a brand new Moto G for what amounts to pennies, thanks to Amazon. Woo!

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I played Monopoly and got two hotels on the brown squares as well as three houses on both of the dark blue squares. Passing go is like a death sentence.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I got a promotion! It's not much (extra 5k a year), but I feel pretty good about impressing my manager and coworkers enough to earn it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I realized that in two weeks, I'm marrying my best friend, and two weeks after that, we move into our first house together. :3:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^^^Aww, congrats!

Not only did my professor like my cobbled-together-at-the-last-possible-minute final project (got off work after eleven, finished at 2 AM whoop!), she emailed me saying 'WOW! THIS IS AMAZING! YOU'RE AMAZING! Can I share this with the next class?' Which makes A's across the board this semester gently caress yeah!!!

Plus my managers really seem to like me at this job.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Living vicariously through a friend, but I just found out his band has been chosen to record and perform the anthem for this year's Calgary Stampede. Super stoked for him and his bandmates, they've been working so hard and are finally getting some recognition!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I randomly decided to log into a couple old e-commerce accounts I have (CafePress and Quirky,) which I've forgot about for a while (the Cafepress one, for instance, has had nothing done to it in over 7 years, and I think even my last login was over a year ago,) and combined they have over $500 waiting for me. :dance:

I think I'll actually let them sit a while longer and cash them out a little before X-Mass to help with holiday gifts.

Edit: Oh, shoot, CafePress changed its policy and won't pay me until I'm at $100...and I'm at $96.

It's actually a good thing I didn't go over $100, since I was still set to receive a physical check at my address from 7 years ago. Switched it to PayPal, but it could literally be a year before I go over...or I could just buy a product from my own drat shop to get over. But the products suck...like, they're really bad. I made them all in college over ten years ago, and they were bad then, and have not aged well.

Who are these morons still buying stuff from me? (I mean, not many morons...my last sale was almost a year ago.)

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 19:26 on May 29, 2014

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Had the day off work so took the dog out for a nice long walk, then I made gnocchi.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
I woke up and called someone back about a job interview. I was worried about when I'd be able to schedule it, but I was able to go in today.

The interview went well. If I got this job, it would be a short commute, great pay, and very in line with my education. The work itself would also be crazy interesting to me.

After, I had time before catching the next train home to get delicious victory donuts.

My fiancé got all of the parts he needed to build his new desktop, which is now assembled and working.

I don't have to go in for my working interview (with a different company) tomorrow. I didn't have to go in today, either. Hello four day weekend.

The Scripps national spelling bee ended with co-champions, which hasn't happened since 1962. I think that's cool.

My sports team won and is going to the championship series. (Go Rangers!)

A lovely, unexpected awesome day.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
I hit my one year anniversary at my dream job today. It's loving hard work, I learn something new every day, and I've been so busy I had no idea I'd hit a year until someone told me near the end of my shift today.

After work, I was sent to my very favorite local bar on "Very Important Official Bidness," and got a free lunch and a few beers. Now I'm about to head out to dinner with my folks.

Life is awesome right now.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
It's Friday, I got paid yesterday and Monday is a public holiday.

On top of that, I just picked up a Wii U + Mario Kart bundle from the post office.

On top of that, The Batmobile pulled into our work carpark today. This one, or at least a working replica. So that's a neat way to start the weekend.

Alris has a new favorite as of 10:38 on Jun 6, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I wasn't nervous at my high school graduation ceremony, ate a ridiculous amount of sushi, other Japanese food, got a chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream cone for desert and binge-watched Orange Is The New Black with my sister.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Figured out how much I'll get from my tax return. Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to buy with it.

Dommer416
Aug 4, 2013

Hello little children your uncle is here.
Well to start I didn't wake up in a coma dream. I guess the only reason would be I went out and bought an RC cola and had a smoke.

Lt Greatsocks
Nov 4, 2009
I looked at a house last Monday. The place was cool and I sat and drank a beer with the other tenants and they were super chill and friendly. They also informed me that we all share 15 feet of waterfront property! Unfortunately me and my sister have no credit and no prior rental history so we got turned down.

But while at the local bar my sister ran into a server I used to work with and she knows the guy who owns the house and put in a good word. Then she ended up running into the guy who rents the house and he said that he asked around and heard good things about us so now he's gonna give us a chance!

TL:DR I just got approved for my first house! And it's like half a mile from work! And two blocks from a bitchin fruit stand! And my aunts house!

Oh and my uncle gave me his moms old 97 Buick skylark. So I now have a car and a house. It's almost like I'm a loving adult or something!

Lt Greatsocks has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I've been busy trying to get stuff done in the house before we have a baby in a few months, and haven't had time to just sit down and far around with my old Nintendo...

...until tonight. :getin: