Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Sheep posted:

Count me in.
Steam Name: yarpblat (I'm in the EUgoons group I think)
First Pick: Novgorod
Second Pick: Whatever area needs another player I don't really care!

Cool, I'm glad for that second pick because right now Russia is packed to the rafters. If everybody in the areas fine with that it's alright but western europes looking pretty dark so far. We'll say Novgorod for now depending on how many other people sign up in the west.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Those regions sure are filling up fast though.
I was thinking of rolling with Gotland but I don't think I'm a bad enough dude to handle that start and they have the basic national ideas, bleh. I'll just settle for some regions I haven't gotten to play in multiplayer yet.
1. Sweden
2. Champagne
3. Bosnia

Delphinium
May 25, 2014

Ask me about being the most trustworthy player in EU4 multiplayer, but still consistently winning.
Map is looking interesting - Eastern Europe will be a bloodbath at the start! Looking forward to seeing how WoN works in MP especially the trade changes. Colonization will be slower at first as well and I like the way we can take more land once we get towards the end of the game - may make for some very decisive wars then

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
I thought someone was playing Azerbaijan.

That said, I really like using that map for visualizations in that way.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

If you're happy to have an Australian who will be abjectly bad at this game, I'm in. I'd love to wake up at 4:30AM to play a game I'll be terrible in. No sarcasm (I really enjoyed EU3 MP when it wasn't de-syncing every 12 days).

Steam Name: Artemisinin (http://steamcommunity.com/id/olliviero6)
First Pick: Flanders
Second Pick: Champagne
Third Pick: Switzerland

Side note: Hot-join is working as intended, right?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
I'd like to change my first and second picks, so now it's 1. Venice; 2. The Hansa.

proleetaryan
May 9, 2014
any chance we could get some special mongol ideas for the Mongol Khanate?

*posted to wrong area*

proleetaryan fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 26, 2014

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

I think the only thing people need to be aware of is that we'll be running the game between speeds 2/3 (or more if lucky but I doubt it). Playing MP on speed 1 is horrible.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Schlesische posted:

If you're happy to have an Australian who will be abjectly bad at this game, I'm in. I'd love to wake up at 4:30AM to play a game I'll be terrible in. No sarcasm (I really enjoyed EU3 MP when it wasn't de-syncing every 12 days).

Side note: Hot-join is working as intended, right?

We'll see. When it gets running it's more stable than eu3 mp. Expect rehosts. Hot join doesn't work now but I pray that this new patch fixes it.

As long as you can run consistently on speed 2 from Australia you're welcome to join.

Dibujante posted:

I thought someone was playing Azerbaijan.

Yep, good call. Got Armenia and Azerbaijan mixed up. I'd rather all the player countries at least touch the Black Sea or the Mediterranean just so everybody is closer together and we don't have a few countries on the edge that can just push into Asia and face no player opposition when everyone in Russia is fighting for their life, but Azerbaijan is close enough. I'll update it on the map when a few more people sign up.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Trujillo posted:

Yep, good call. Got Armenia and Azerbaijan mixed up. I'd rather all the player countries at least touch the Black Sea or the Mediterranean just so everybody is closer together and we don't have a few countries on the edge that can just push into Asia and face no player opposition when everyone in Russia is fighting for their life, but Azerbaijan is close enough. I'll update it on the map when a few more people sign up.
It is likely that Azerbaijan will make its way to the Black Sea within ten years of game start.

Besides, we wouldn't want any gaps whatsoever between the borders of the land powers of Eastern Europe, would we :getin:

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Some people are probably waiting to pick because of they wanted to see how things were going to change in the EG mp scenario first:

Al-Andalus will be a decision when one of its former halves takes two thirds of spain, with the western half becoming Sevilla and the other Granada. Sevilla has more base tax and provinces but Granada has the gold mine. For now they'll probably both just get Granadan ideas but Sevilla may get their own eventually.

Northumberland and Holstein were released. Northumberland gives Scotland and Mercia something to fight over and Denmark was too strong compared to the rest of the Scandinavians.

Poland has gotten chopped up, and Pomeralia is gone. Teutonic Order and Mecklenburg get a little more territory (Mecklenburg isn't a vassal of Brandenburg anymore) and the administrative republic of Krakow is available to be picked. They'll be getting their own ideas by the time we start too. Mazovia will get Polish ideas instead of the default.

Not pictured but Normandy owns and has a core on what used to be its vassal, and Achaea/Morea has been merged with Epirus, Ragusa has what used to be Duljka and Croatia merged with Slavonia, so there are some better picks in that region now.

If there are any countries someone wants to pick but they have the default ideas let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Also a lot of the extra cores in provinces have been removed so it's not as easy to make vassals like France or Lombardy and just feed them a swath of land.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 26, 2014

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
You're making me wish I had more weekends to play so I could get in on some sweet, sweet Krakow action. Missing this weekend and June 28th probably cuts me from the running completely though :/
e: nevermind other weekends I'll be running errands/etc.

Vequeth
Jul 12, 2008

Trujillo posted:

(Mecklenburg isn't a vassal of Brandenburg anymore)

Wat.. Kind of a big deal.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Vequeth posted:

Wat.. Kind of a big deal.

Brandenburg starts with the best military national ideas in the game. It should have to work a little harder and I don't know that getting rid of its 1 province vassal is going to make it unplayable. But if this is a deal breaker you can still change your first choice.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Trujillo posted:

Brandenburg starts with the best military national ideas in the game. It should have to work a little harder and I don't know that getting rid of its 1 province vassal is going to make it unplayable. But if this is a deal breaker you can still change your first choice.

Can you explain the Al-Andalus thing again? Is it still a nation, I was confused by what you said a bit.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

goodness posted:

Can you explain the Al-Andalus thing again? Is it still a nation, I was confused by what you said a bit.

I believe it is now a formable nation, but it has been replaced by two nations that are not Al-Andalus. If one of them conquers enough of Iberia, though, it can form Al-Andalus.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

goodness posted:

It is being split into Seville and Granada but can be reformed if either conquer enough of Spain. I really like this change because I have never had a game that didn't end with Al-Andalus conquering all of its neighbors.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Ethiser posted:

It is being split into Seville and Granada but can be reformed if either conquer enough of Spain. I really like this change because I have never had a game that didn't end with Al-Andalus conquering all of its neighbors.

Clearly you didn't see the last MP game where I was Al-Andalus and ran them into the ground in the first 50 years :p

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm a bit confused by how the new colonist bonus by diplo tech level is meant to work. From this patch, it seems like tropical provinces will be impossible to colonise for anyone early in the game, which means it'll be completely infeasible for Portugal to make the same kind of early gains in the East Indies that they made historically, as they won't be able to get the range from having ports in Africa to explore to the Persian Gulf? Or will you be able to just conquer various provinces from the African minors and give them to a Trade Company, so you can have ports around Africa?

I'm hoping that at some point there'll be a Treaty of Tordesillas event for the Iberian nations, so there will at least be the possibility of pushing one European nation towards the east, rather than there always being a free-for-all for South America.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I'm a bit confused by how the new colonist bonus by diplo tech level is meant to work. From this patch, it seems like tropical provinces will be impossible to colonise for anyone early in the game, which means it'll be completely infeasible for Portugal to make the same kind of early gains in the East Indies that they made historically, as they won't be able to get the range from having ports in Africa to explore to the Persian Gulf? Or will you be able to just conquer various provinces from the African minors and give them to a Trade Company, so you can have ports around Africa?

I'm hoping that at some point there'll be a Treaty of Tordesillas event for the Iberian nations, so there will at least be the possibility of pushing one European nation towards the east, rather than there always being a free-for-all for South America.
Can't portugal hop from atlantic ocean islands to south africa to the indian ocean islands to Indonesia without hitting tropics?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

But my history! Ideally the trip to India should probably be easier on ships than it is in game, because nations of all stripes would stop in at places like St. Helena and The Cape of Good Hope long before any Europeans settled there. People did the same thing while exploring the coasts of America, Hudson and Verrazzano being the examples I know of. You don't go on a year+ long sea voyage without stopping for repairs here and there.

But I'd settle for Portugal being able to go Cape Verde to {Brazil AND/OR Fernando Po to Angola} to Mozambique to Goa.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 27, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Hmmm, what is better. The Sevilla trade or Grenada gold mine?

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

goodness posted:

Hmmm, what is better. The Sevilla trade or Grenada gold mine?

For early game I love me a gold mine. That extra income can be pretty clutch for early expansion. Though I think in the mod they were mentioning that Sevilla had more base tax and manpower too, though I still love a gold mine.

Edit: posting from phone so can't check, but pretty sure that comes out to like 3 ducats a month from the mine which is more than I'd expect from the other stuff.

Defeatist Elitist fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 27, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
How is Portugal in EG?

Vequeth
Jul 12, 2008

goodness posted:

How is Portugal in EG?

They dont start off with the islands that they do in Vanilla, those can be colonized by anyone with range.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

You'll usually see AI Ireland do it.

Irish Brazil is not uncommon.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Last Emperor posted:

You'll usually see AI Ireland do it.

Irish Brazil is not uncommon.

Irish Brazil is called Hy-Brasil, right?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Ofaloaf posted:

Irish Brazil is called Hy-Brasil, right?

Ireland has no special colonial names for any regions or provinces, unfortunately,as I discovered during my test games.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
I need the previous paid expansion for civs in the Americas to be reasonably playable, right?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I need the previous paid expansion for civs in the Americas to be reasonably playable, right?

Yes, but only the North American ones. Not pre-Mexico or South America. Those two groups didn't get anything in the expansions.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
That's lame. Are they trying to stay somewhat historically accurate in preventing those civs from being as playable or are they just Euro centric?

I'd like to play the Inca and just deny the Americas to everyone everywhere.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Allyn posted:

Yes, but only the North American ones. Not pre-Mexico or South America. Those two groups didn't get anything in the expansions.

The Aztecs and Incas and such should be given North American mechanics until such time as they get their own DLC. They're kinda crippled compared to their northern neighbors.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

The Aztecs and Incas and such should be given North American mechanics until such time as they get their own DLC. They're kinda crippled compared to their northern neighbors.

Except that those mechanics are aimed at modelling semi nomadic tribes and not well settled agriculturally focused empires.

I definitely think that the Incas and Aztecs are currently the most undercooked historically important nations and that this has become especially glaring since Conquest of Paradise, which really should have included their overhaul, but simply giving them tribal mechanics would not be a solution.

IceG
Feb 7, 2006

Bigger than Hitler - Better than Christ

I would love to try this out on MP, sounds like it could get pretty messy quickly with loads of players!

Steam Name: IceG

1. Poitou

2. Milan

3. Hungary

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just wondering something, I'm playing a Hellenic Roman game in CK2 and I'm not too far away from transferring over. When I convert will my main culture still remain Roman and will all my Hellenic pronvinces swap over to whatever pagan religion?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Munin posted:

Except that those mechanics are aimed at modelling semi nomadic tribes and not well settled agriculturally focused empires.

I definitely think that the Incas and Aztecs are currently the most undercooked historically important nations and that this has become especially glaring since Conquest of Paradise, which really should have included their overhaul, but simply giving them tribal mechanics would not be a solution.

Well sure, but they're large enough they couldn't migrate, and it'd only be a temporary measure. It's just weird right now that if you want to modernize and compete with Europe, you're better off playing a "tribal" North American and conquering the Aztecs then you are just starting as the Aztecs.

There's no way to do the instant tech catch up with the Aztecs like you can with North Americans, right? They're stuck in the horribly crippled pre CoP state. Seems like it would be better to me to give them North American mechanics and make them more "playable" until whatever (probably distant) time they get their own DLC.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Trujillo posted:

:siren: New Multiplayer Campaign :siren:

Saturday 3:00PM EST/8:00PM GMT/BST for four hours
Starting on 5/31 or 6/7

Did we figure out which date we will be starting on? I vote 6/7 to avoid any big problems that might arise form the expansion.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

Well sure, but they're large enough they couldn't migrate, and it'd only be a temporary measure. It's just weird right now that if you want to modernize and compete with Europe, you're better off playing a "tribal" North American and conquering the Aztecs then you are just starting as the Aztecs.

There's no way to do the instant tech catch up with the Aztecs like you can with North Americans, right? They're stuck in the horribly crippled pre CoP state. Seems like it would be better to me to give them North American mechanics and make them more "playable" until whatever (probably distant) time they get their own DLC.

Meso and south america just need a few more events/decisions/triggers/tweaks. Faster tech speed, and some similar "modernize" decisions to the North Americans, and then they'd stop being so useless. The main problem is that Paradox overhauled the North but left the rest in its original state.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Just wondering something, I'm playing a Hellenic Roman game in CK2 and I'm not too far away from transferring over. When I convert will my main culture still remain Roman and will all my Hellenic pronvinces swap over to whatever pagan religion?

You will remain both Roman and Hellenic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dibujante posted:

Meso and south america just need a few more events/decisions/triggers/tweaks. Faster tech speed, and some similar "modernize" decisions to the North Americans, and then they'd stop being so useless. The main problem is that Paradox overhauled the North but left the rest in its original state.

South america could use some new nations too.

A whole bunch of tribes in north america got its own nation, why not do the same in the south? I would love to play the Tupi.

• Locked thread