Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can someone update the spreadsheet on my behalf? Google docs aren't allowed at work :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
I did a Wlad-in-Arizona run for the heck of it:

e: Baltimore, San Fran, Mets, Tampa, Miami, Minnesota - anyone want to trade their 8th and 11th for my 9th and 10th picks?

Screen Door Slams fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 27, 2014

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I think Rios was a pretty good pick. He can still hit. He's kind of a fielder in name only but that's a good bit of offense for this point.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

tadashi posted:

I think Rios was a pretty good pick. He can still hit. He's kind of a fielder in name only but that's a good bit of offense for this point.

Contrary to what theacox says, it's you that's on the clock, not me.

e: oh wait there was trade shenanigans and I'm up! Disregard!

FairGame fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 27, 2014

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
gently caress, i wanted to bring dickey back home to queens :(

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Screen Door Slams posted:

e: Baltimore, San Fran, Mets, Tampa, Miami, Minnesota - anyone want to trade their 8th and 11th for my 9th and 10th picks?

Updated since there were picks. Still open to talk.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I'm good, thanks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm doing a thing in Trad Games so my pick will come after it's done sorry.

Updated since there were picks. Still open to talk.

This seems like a Real Bad trade to me, sorry.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Why did it take so long for Rizzo to get selected?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

I really wanted to nab him.

Sorry for missing 2 rounds this afternoon, changed jobs and I don't have access to a computer during the day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My last pick was gonna be between Melky and Dickey. I thought the Dickster would drop :smith:

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I thought the Dickster would drop :smith:

:smith::respek::smith:

Although, I'm really happy with Archer. I really wanted the Dickster, I love him so much.

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 28, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Jubs posted:

I feel really really fortunate to get him. Seems like there's a pretty big drop off after him when it comes to 1st basemen, and seeing that St. Louis needed one I had to rush to make sure.

Also kinda surprised at Jennings's drop. He isn't a world beater, but he's a pretty good leadoff CF considering what's available.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Prozach posted:

I feel really really fortunate to get him. Seems like there's a pretty big drop off after him when it comes to 1st basemen, and seeing that St. Louis needed one I had to rush to make sure.

Also kinda surprised at Jennings's drop. He isn't a world beater, but he's a pretty good leadoff CF considering what's available.
I was too plastered to draft

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mynameisjohn posted:

I was too plastered to draft

Playing The Game The Way It's Meant To Be Played

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Before people start getting clever after kensei's gambit: if a player has never played in the MLB I cannot "unretire" them and add them to the player pool. I'm also not going to unretire anyone who actually retired.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IcePhoenix posted:

Before people start getting clever after kensei's gambit: if a player has never played in the MLB I cannot "unretire" them and add them to the player pool. I'm also not going to unretire anyone who actually retired.

I thought all the international players were in the game, including NPB. I wasn't gaming anything, I got OOTP 15 and looked him up.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm also not going to unretire anyone who actually retired.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

What a lovely Nick Punto picture

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

IcePhoenix posted:

gently caress, my next pick was Will Clark. :(

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

gently caress, I was legitimately planning on drafting Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Oh, yeah, I actually left room on top of my rotation for Doc.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
goddamn it, i wanted to draft mariano rivera.

he's like legitimately better than like every reliever besides kimbrel.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

gently caress, I was legitimately planning on drafting Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter.

i was going to take Roy three rounds ago

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

mynameisjohn posted:

i was going to take Roy three rounds ago

Well, yeah, you saw his PECOTA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

I thought all the international players were in the game, including NPB. I wasn't gaming anything, I got OOTP 15 and looked him up.

I did not activate the other leagues in the game because this was meant to be the best players in Major League Baseball.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Well, yeah, you saw his PECOTA
i did it for the PECOTA

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monicro posted:

As one of SAS's like 3 Rays reps I'll take them, AL Only. Also what about international players for drafting, can I take Bryan Lahair this is important to me

IcePhoenix posted:

e: nevermind I spelled his name wrong, yes you can.

This is what I based my strategy on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

This is what I based my strategy on.

Yeah I know, he's a former major leaguer. That's the reason I didn't make you repick.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dang Drew is a good pick here. Nicely done.

I leave for Japan on Saturday, and will try my best to find a proxy :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There's three people on the alternate list!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was legit thinking of going with Andy Pettite for my next pick so I'm glad that got cleared up.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Jubs posted:

I have him as the 4th-best 1B in his own division thus far. He'd have been a lot better if we were looking at more than one year.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

He had such a rough season last year. I think it's tough to take a sample of his career so far and say he's any sort of upper-division first baseman given all of his struggles when he was prematurely called-up in his first season and how much he struggled against LHP and the shift last year.

I think a lot of his "value" is tied to being a fairly good defensive first baseman and running well for that position and I don't know how much value people put into first base defense or base running.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I dreamt it was my turn and I didn't know who to pick last night.

I should not be dreaming that.

drat you all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chicago has about two hours to pick to start the morning. let's see if we can get into the ninth round today!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

George Springer is a good pick and I was hoping he might drop to me. Nice job dude.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I will consider my gimmick draft a success if I get nobody over the age of 30

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I thought Springer had already been picked. I guess it pays to check on these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

I was going back and forth between Springer and Moss for my pick and that was why I wanted to get another 8th rounder, so I could get both.

• Locked thread