Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's too subtle.
A demand like that demands a more egregious Shiekhing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The terrible visage of sheer murderousness is telegraphed by Chester Bennington there (I don't actually know Blofeld's cat's name)

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

"Hoi" means "the", if even little state-educated me knows that, the Times journos' parents might want a refund on their school fees. Though this is a pretty good cartoon, I feel a bit bad pointing that out when they print something quite funny for a change.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Stottie Kyek posted:

"Hoi" means "the", if even little state-educated me knows that, the Times journos' parents might want a refund on their school fees. Though this is a pretty good cartoon, I feel a bit bad pointing that out when they print something quite funny for a change.

Have you really never heard the phrase "the hoi-polloi" before?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes, and it's important that everyone who uses it knows they are wrong.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Aegis missile defence system – The United States has announced the first live firing test of a missile interceptor destined to be stationed in eastern Europe"

Telegraph:

Lib Dems braced for complete wipeout in European parliamentary elections

Independent:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:
"Prince Charles has likened President Putin to Adolf Hitler."

quote:

“I’m sorry to disturb you, your Royal Highness. We’re a bit worried about your lawn. Russian tanks are crossing over it.”

Mail:
"The UK goes to the polls for Local Council elections and for the European parliament." Also: Thailand's military criticised as coup takes hold

quote:

“Oh my God! Nigel Farage is Prime Minister!”

Express:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Sheikh of Wales doesn't apologize.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Usually I don't think much of the times' cartoons but that one's pretty good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Paul Thomas looked at yesterday's Indie and, like whoever it was here, said "that's good though?"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Prince Charles looks like he's in a side-scroller.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
ha, thought the same, with the giant painting it reminds me of Addams family on snes

ClownSyndrome fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 23, 2014

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Stottie Kyek posted:

Yeah, tell me how you deal with the alchemists, solve the algebra in your equations and use an algorithm to find other examples of poo poo nobody cares about without a paroxysmal attack.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Ukip and the local election results – Anti-EU party celebrates after gaining nine seats on South Yorkshire council in addition to the one it won in a byelection"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Juan Sanchez Cotan.

Times

Stephen Collins:

:ohdear:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I like Stephen Collins a lot more when he does vaguely political stuff, the 'polite middle-class conversations except someone is a dinosaur' thing got kinda old

I thought Rowson had dropped the fag but it's there next to the pint! I also thought he'd left out Clegg for a minute :witch:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thats not what a grabloid mouth should look like, where are the mandibles? :colbert:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The emperor's new clothes - Chris Riddell on Ukip's success in the local elections"

Sunday Telegraph:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

I demand up-to-the-minute accuracy in my cartoon stereotypes.
I like how they're all fat.

Fat American Cops are still a favorite trope of mine, even if it's lazy as poo poo.

I wish I had actually bought this back in the 80s.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Fat American Cops are still a favorite trope of mine, even if it's lazy as poo poo.

I wish I had actually bought this back in the 80s.

Holy gently caress its Mitchell!
Must have been busted to traffic duty after going after that Malta guy who shot his partner.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on election coverage - Martin Rowson on psephology, the statistical study of elections and trends in voting, in the European elections"

Telegraph:

Times:

Ashdown dismisses talk of Lib Dem leadership change

Express:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Egg mouth Clegg strikes again.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I like the white house in the background too.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

vodkat posted:

I like the white house in the background too.

If anything that's supposed to be the back of Buckingham Palace.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
What flag is that it's flying, German?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some terrible version of the Royal Standard?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Obliterati posted:

What flag is that it's flying, German?

The Royal Standard.

Except he hosed up, and it's upside-down.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I like the framed painting of what's out the window

Is that Farage's tail or head in Gideon's pants? :ohdear:

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csrx6cKslNc

2:02 for egg mouth

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1VY1vPfZk

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
I'm glad loving somebody is attacking Nick Robinson's shite. Having a dues-paying conservative political editor of the BBC slobbering over UKIP's cock on election day was so nakedly partisan it was even more embarrassing than normal. Burn the BBC.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the European election results – Lib Dem president Tim Farron says party 'put national interest ahead of their own' as number of MEPs falls across country"

Yesterday's Independent:

Farage: UKIP has 'momentum' and is targeting more victories

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
"Nigel Farage UKIP's European Election Results Success"

quote:

'It's Mr Mrs Farage, Prime Minister - come to measure the carpets and curtains'

Express:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Thomas's loving geographical knowledge, ability to scale, and draw recognisable landmarks is as bad as his ability to draw anyone who doesn't have a flat cap and Postman Pat's face

E: oh and Mac decided on the oldest electoral joke in history, which also bears no relation to any possible outcome. Mind you, never stopped the Mail before.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 27, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe of the week

While it's just another piece of the UKIP hype, it does have the torn-off face of Cameron, and what other cartoon offers you so much?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

It looks like the stupid mash up art they put on I<3London tourist tat.

OTOH most of these landmarks are recognisable at least. Thomas is loving terrible at representing some of the most distinctive buildings in the world.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Kegluneq posted:

Thomas is loving terrible at representing some of the most distinctive buildings in the world.

Also terrible with the concept of drawing any building developed post-Thatcher.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Betjeman posted:

Also terrible with the concept of drawing any building developed post-Thatcher.
Okay, think I narrowed it down.

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.
Stolen from the PYF Funny Pictures thread:

It's uncanny.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

hazza posted:

Stolen from the PYF Funny Pictures thread:

It's uncanny.

No Fag, no pint.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Lib Dems' European election fallout – In the aftermath of the Liberal Democrats' poor European election showing, Vince Cable has distanced himself from polls showing Nick Clegg's Westminster seat is in danger"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

For sale: Tracey Emin's famous unmade bed

Independent:

Times:

EU election: France's Hollande calls for reform of 'remote' EU

Mail:
"Nick Clegg’s Liberal Democrats have been all but wiped out in the recent elections."

quote:

“Look on the bright side. You could be Nick Clegg.”

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't live in Britain so maybe I'm missing something, but there seems to be a strange fascination with UKIP among cartoonists of all stripes. Honestly, looking at their electoral gains they don't sound all that impressive, I mean maybe they can replace the Liberal Democrats as the party that comes in third but the way they're being portrayed in these cartoons it's like Nigel Farage is about to throw the Beerhall Putsch or something.

Even cartoonists who would normally spend their time making GBS threads on the Conservatives and mocking Cameron seem to portray Nigel as a looming threat, which is weird when he's just a clown who could never be Prime Minister or probably even leader of the opposition. It's kind of the way the Americans reacted to the Tea Party and Sarah Palin, only with even less chance at success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dolash posted:

I don't live in Britain so maybe I'm missing something, but there seems to be a strange fascination with UKIP among cartoonists of all stripes. Honestly, looking at their electoral gains they don't sound all that impressive, I mean maybe they can replace the Liberal Democrats as the party that comes in third but the way they're being portrayed in these cartoons it's like Nigel Farage is about to throw the Beerhall Putsch or something.

Even cartoonists who would normally spend their time making GBS threads on the Conservatives and mocking Cameron seem to portray Nigel as a looming threat, which is weird when he's just a clown who could never be Prime Minister or probably even leader of the opposition. It's kind of the way the Americans reacted to the Tea Party and Sarah Palin, only with even less chance at success.

Part of it is he's just really cartoonish anyway, which makes him easy fodder for hack cartoonists. Draw a face, add fag & pint, you have yourself a Nigel Farage.

• Locked thread