Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BMS posted:

I thought that happened already, to both his accounts. Or did he pay ANOTHER :10bux: to Lowtax?

He has two accounts? Which is the other one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

steinrokkan posted:

He had multiple accounts that spouted off about drinking urine, including urine philosopher. He has been posting again but it's mostly been ignored by everyone outside of dys and putty because it's boring now and mostly unobtrusive. Truly the bane of the LP forums.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

steinrokkan posted:

Ralp

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

when I made a poo poo LP

*my voice slowly changes as I speak, my countenance becoming more and more disturbing*

i sounded just

thiiiis

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Just say Richard Gaming-noooooooo.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:
I thought interest checks were bans :sigh:. Should I have said he shares my account too? Because he totally does.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dyslexiactic posted:

I thought interest checks were bans :sigh:. Should I have said he shares my account too? Because he totally does.
So is this a banme, because it's pretty halfassed

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
An admirable attempt at banme murder-suicide, but not nearly enough I'm afraid. The terror of Gamingo continues.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Zorak posted:

An admirable attempt at banme murder-suicide, but not nearly enough I'm afraid. The terror of Gamingo continues.
Whoops, I already put in for a permaban on his IP :ohdear: FAREWELL, DYS

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geop posted:

Whoops, I already put in for a permaban on his IP :ohdear: FAREWELL, DYS

I hope this is true because it would be funny.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

SA doesn't do IP bans. I don't even think the forum software can.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

steinrokkan posted:

Turtlicious posted:

In a better world, this would be true and very funny.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Zorak posted:

I hear Gamingo is going to team up with that guy from a few pages back to fight Godzilla and a big shaggy dude next time in the Terror of Mecha-Gamingo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Niggurath posted:

He had multiple accounts that spouted off about drinking urine, including urine philosopher.

Wait, what the gently caress. That means he actually did those weird sprite videos in his mod challenge thread.

Does...does Gamingo actually have talent?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
He is truly the Andy Kaufman of LP.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:
My biggest regret will not be impressing JT Jag with my big farewell. Bless you all.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
My pal and I are doing a run of Illusion of Gaia for our own amusement - a smallish number of our tumblr buddies watch, and it's been fun, but we're thinking it might be worth seeing if the goons would like to watch too. Here's our first episode. (We've recorded several more.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxPWe15v98k

The gist here is that I'm playing blind, but my pal knows the game really well - kind of like a blind run with some guidance. We engage in a fair amount of discussion on my impressions of the game versus his nostalgia for it. Also we're hopefully fun to listen to.

I'm told that some of our habits, like reading the dialogue out loud, are frowned upon around here. Is that stigma so intense that we shouldn't even consider making a thread? Our existing audience has thanked us for that, since it allows 'em to listen while they're at work.

Sorry if this qualifies as an "interest check" - reading the OP led me to understand that it would be OK if I provided sample content!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Gettin ready to LP the new Wolfenstein game but was wondering if you guys think a screen shot or video LP would work better for second person mode. Pros/Cons to each?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I prefer the fourth person perspective, in which you are watching the third person narrator as he narrates the events. So, take screenshots of you making screenshots for the thread; or videos of you making videos of you making screenshots if that's the route you want to go, and I think it'll work out.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Kuvo posted:

Gettin ready to LP the new Wolfenstein game but was wondering if you guys think a screen shot or video LP would work better for second person mode. Pros/Cons to each?

Definitely video. The Narrator's voice adds so much. It would be a shame to not have that. There's no commentary necessary anyway. Just post those in their full glory and call it an LP.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Space Hamlet posted:

My pal and I are doing a run of Illusion of Gaia for our own amusement - a smallish number of our tumblr buddies watch, and it's been fun, but we're thinking it might be worth seeing if the goons would like to watch too. Here's our first episode. (We've recorded several more.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxPWe15v98k

The gist here is that I'm playing blind, but my pal knows the game really well - kind of like a blind run with some guidance. We engage in a fair amount of discussion on my impressions of the game versus his nostalgia for it. Also we're hopefully fun to listen to.

I'm told that some of our habits, like reading the dialogue out loud, are frowned upon around here. Is that stigma so intense that we shouldn't even consider making a thread? Our existing audience has thanked us for that, since it allows 'em to listen while they're at work.

Well, yes. You should drop it. It's kind of obnoxious is why.

You guys have good chemistry, and play off each other well, but since it's a blind run I recommend you make use of editing. You took half an hour to get out of intro land, so I also recommend you step up the pace somewhat.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014
What has Family Guy done to you Dys? :ohdear:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, what the gently caress. That means he actually did those weird sprite videos in his mod challenge thread.

JT Jag posted:

And if, indeed, Gamingo has chosen to abandon his former identity and assumed the mantle of Urine Philosopher, then this truly will be a fulfillment of the mod challenge.
I want to let everyone know that I was joking when I said this and had no idea totally called it. :smuggo:

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Kuvo posted:

I believe that is thoroughly dependent on what sort of craft beers you will have on hand at the start of the LP, unless you're planning to break away from the Tipping 40's approach to the game.

Oooh! Oooh! Maybe a selection of German beers! That way you can have a little subsection on the history of lagers.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I thought I just about figured out the Gamingo, but no. Never. Impossible.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well, yes. You should drop it. It's kind of obnoxious is why.

You guys have good chemistry, and play off each other well, but since it's a blind run I recommend you make use of editing. You took half an hour to get out of intro land, so I also recommend you step up the pace somewhat.

Thanks! I guess we'll stop reading the dialogue - we were a little torn on it anyway - but we do it for the next couple hours of LP. Super sorry. There was also some stuff I was planning on cutting up later - we got a bit lost in a dungeon - I'll try to be proactive about cutting out slow bits. I kinda like all the stuff in this first episode though personally, we are kinda fueled by chat

If it's not so lovely that I'll get fuckin banned for posting it or whatever, I guess I'll make a thread tomorrow!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

If you're that far ahead of the current video and you read for that long I might consider waiting until your next game before posting it here. Reading dialogue is pretty much on the same level as face cams around here.

e: VVVV also true

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 28, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Agent355 posted:

If you're that far ahead of the current video and you read for that long I might consider waiting until your next game before posting it here. Reading dialogue is pretty much on the same level as face cams around here.

Still, in both cases the worst that'll happen is nobody will watch your LP and maybe a couple posters will raise a stink on the first page. If you want to go ahead and make a thread, no one's going to stop you.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I will put big red letters next to the episode where we stop doing it.

Edit: And then we will slap a facecam on it

Space Hamlet fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 28, 2014

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
I've been lurking a while and I thought I'd post a pretty special video LP of my own.
The game is Shadow of the Colossus. I am just posting here for constructive criticisms and to avoid making a complete fool of myself.

Planned OP: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=19077

Video preview (Just an example of the stream layout/quality + my voice): http://www.twitch.tv/emperorfoppington/c/4340870

The IMGHERE placeholders in the op are going to be replaced with caricatures of us.

I am aware the chat box in the stream may be frowned upon. Due to the nature of this Let's Play having the chat box there to archive peoples reactions and dialog seemed like a good idea.

Thanks for any tips you're able to give me!

Planning on doing a better montage as a video example before I post the actual thread.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The chatbox doesn't bother me personally and I think it's an interesting idea for kind of archiving the community feel of playing with a stream. What does bother me is that live commentary has a bad tendency to swing toward either too much or too little. You seem to swing toward the too little side, barely saying anything about anything except to react to the chat now and then and tell your horse to stop.

Then again, this game is very majestic, so it might actually go in your favor to have a minimalist commentary style and just let the game (and chat) speak for itself.

I think you could probably make a thread with this. I personally wouldn't watch it over just a normal informative LP of the game, but I don't think there's anything glaring or horrible that would make people hate it.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Getsuya posted:

The chatbox doesn't bother me personally and I think it's an interesting idea for kind of archiving the community feel of playing with a stream. What does bother me is that live commentary has a bad tendency to swing toward either too much or too little. You seem to swing toward the too little side, barely saying anything about anything except to react to the chat now and then and tell your horse to stop.

Then again, this game is very majestic, so it might actually go in your favor to have a minimalist commentary style and just let the game (and chat) speak for itself.

I think you could probably make a thread with this. I personally wouldn't watch it over just a normal informative LP of the game, but I don't think there's anything glaring or horrible that would make people hate it.

Thank you for the feedback!

This was just a test so there was not that much to say at that point! I'd assume my mouth will start running a bit more a few shots in hahaha.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Gamingo's Got Talent is the new internet reality contest between Ricky G and his alter egos.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Suzaku posted:

Gamingo's Got Talent is the new internet reality contest between Ricky G and his alter egos.

His alter egos being Karl Pilkingo and Stephen Merchango?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Blind Sally posted:

His alter egos being Karl Pilkingo and Stephen Merchango?

I could drink a piss at night.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Feinne posted:

In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "Huzzah".
And then they changed it, and Cave Story was not as good :argh:

Epee Em
Jan 16, 2010

:fuckthis:
So there's a game by the name of Town of Salem that popped up as a sort of browser-based game of Mafia. It features many different roles in the game, full information on everything in the link right there, but the game focuses on information, deception, and manipulating other players while trying to deduce who is secretly who. Players can vote who to put on trial, and if found guilty by majority, can execute whoever is suspicious. At the same time, a few roles can outright attempt to assassinate other players at night, and so on, so the result is a very strategic game.

I'm likely going to be shelling out for a copy of Bandicam soon, so I figured playing a few rounds of an all-goon Town of Salem game would be pretty interesting. That said, 7-15 people (the range of number of players) talking at once sounds rather unviewable, not to mention a pain in the rear end to edit that many audio tracks together, so what would likely happen is selecting 3-4 commentators out of the bunch per round and rotating them so everyone got a video or two, just not all at once. The others would be in the Skype call too, just with microphones muted, though if that caused too much of a connection problem my backup plan is to have a group non-call chat with everyone in it and a separate call with whichever 3-4 were commentating at the time with me.

Feedback on these planned logistics is welcome. I'm unsure if I'll make a thread for this, but I might if others thought they'd do similar group games to record. joats' Draw My Thing LP comes to mind as a sort of stylistic predecessor in that it'd likely wind up just a small batch of session videos, maybe more if anyone else decided to do their own.

As for commentators, I'll probably just message people already on my Skype like UZworm, kalonZombie, ThornBrain, BigTUnit, Yoshi, Redundant, etc., but that's literally my LPer contact group entirely right there. Given 7 is the minimum and it's unlikely to have everyone available at the same time, it seems practical to throw out my Skype address and offer people to add me if they'd like to participate in this.

(Deleted, send a PM if wanted.)

Providing some kind of times of the day/week regarding availability would be appreciated, and my only requirements are that you have some experience doing commentary and know how to work Audacity. And of course, are actually a registered forum user, just in case a lurker is reading this. A good microphone is a bonus. I'm likewise willing to guest commentate in whatever if asked, if relevant, I figure there's no harm in doing other things with anyone who comes along here. I doubt I'll get more than a few contacts/signups or whatever, but on the off chance this results in a flurry of contact requests I'll edit this post to be finsihed.

Epee Em fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 30, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey, I know we pretty much migrated from Blip, but they're shutting down full-hog on September 1, so if anybody still has anything on there, you should probably get it somewhere else.

Edit: Actually, they're just removing even more accounts. Still probably not relevant, but just in case.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

And yet they're still trimming accounts? That's... Strange. Huh. Oh well! It did good in its time before Youtube improved by leaps-and-bounds :v: Adios, Blip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Blip's days are numbered anyway, even if they're just 'trimming back'. They treat their content creators like crap, so it should come as no surprise that nobody's that eager to create content for them. It's the same crap that happened with Viddler, they'll boot more and more people in pursuit of the mythological high producer niche, not realizing that you can't catalog those folks ahead of time, and end up being all but forgotten.

• Locked thread