Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ufarn posted:

Is there a tally somewhere of all the directors Marvel have replaced?

They're at about five or so, right, if you count directors they drove away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

They're at about five or so, right, if you count directors they drove away?
Yeah, I was just thinking about Thor 2, when Wright's departure was announced, and wondered how much of a trend it was in Marvel movies.

And Thor 2 was such a bad movie, which makes one wonder whether the change was for better or worse.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

ufarn posted:

Yeah, I was just thinking about Thor 2, when Wright's departure was announced, and wondered how much of a trend it was in Marvel movies.

And Thor 2 was such a bad movie, which makes one wonder whether the change was for better or worse.

Says you. I rather liked Thor 2. There were some great character moments and the final fight was pretty creative.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I had more fun watching Thor 2 than Thor 1 or Iron Man 2. And Thor 2 has proven easier to rewatch than either of those.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Hollywood Reporter is saying that the Daredevil series will now be run by Steven DeKnight.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HorseRenoir posted:

Hollywood Reporter is saying that the Daredevil series will now be run by Steven DeKnight.

Holy poo poo, Daredevil run by DeKnight will be something to see.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Looks like Joss Whedon's coattails are starting to kick in. What other notable producers/writers/execs from Whedon's past are unemployed with decent track records?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

hi liter posted:

Looks like Joss Whedon's coattails are starting to kick in. What other notable producers/writers/execs from Whedon's past are unemployed with decent track records?

I'm thinking actors too, and Enver Gjokaj, Alexis Denisof, and Anthony Stewart Head in particular.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I was going to ask what Tim Minear was up to, but it looks like he's working on American Horror Story.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Greenwalt is running Grimm.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

hi liter posted:

Revolution just ended, freeing up Ben Edlund(!).

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm thinking actors too, and Enver Gjokaj, Alexis Denisof, and Anthony Stewart Head in particular.

Denisof was in Avengers. Leave the bad Whedon actor stank away from potentially good Netflix series.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ufarn posted:

Revolution just ended, freeing up Ben Edlund(!).

Giancarlo Esposito as Cardiac

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Waterhaul posted:

Denisof was in Avengers. Leave the bad Whedon actor stank away from potentially good Netflix series.
You mean Gjokaj was in Avengers.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

BrianWilly posted:

You mean Gjokaj was in Avengers.

I didn't know that but you can apply that too. Denisof is Thanos' first in command or whatever, he is dude that deals with Loki.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Waterhaul posted:

I didn't know that but you can apply that too. Denisof is Thanos' first in command or whatever, he is dude that deals with Loki.

Also there's a bit player from Buffy & Angel that was in a small role in Avengers as a nurse or something, a character with a few lines like Gjokaj's cop.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Calling it now: Anthony Steward Head as Stephen Strange.

Actually, I think I could get behind that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Gjokaj would be a good DD.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Chaos Hippy posted:

I would be all for this.

How about Gjokaj as Foggy Nelson and Ben Foster as Murdock?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Karen Page.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Chaos Hippy posted:

Sadly he's just a bit too old for that now.

But as Baron Mordo, maybe... oh hell yes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Head would make a fantastic Mordo. Then cast Alan Tudyk as Strange.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Head would make a fantastic Mordo. Then cast Alan Tudyk as Strange.

You beautiful, beautiful bastard...

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Charlie Cox is the new Daredevil

Variety posted:

British actor Charlie Cox has secured the titular role of “Daredevil” in Marvel/Netflix’s upcoming live-action series, sources confirm to Variety.

The character was last seen on the big screen in 2003, when Ben Affleck donned Matt Murdock’s signature red horns. “Daredevil” is one of four Marvel properties set to headline serialized solo series set in and around Hell’s Kitchen, New York, along with “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage.” The quartet will then band together in a Netflix miniseries event titled “The Defenders.” The initial order for “Daredevil” is 13 episodes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dacap posted:

Charlie Cox is the new Daredevil

I can feel it, he looks like someone who can play a non-threatening blind dude. They could do worse than Boardwalk Empire.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

XboxPants posted:

I can feel it, he looks like someone who can play a non-threatening blind dude. They could do worse than Boardwalk Empire.

Now I want them to find a role for John Huston.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Now I want them to find a role for John Huston.

He's been dead for years, you sicko.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Now, if you mean Jack Huston, let's just slap a target on Richard Harrow's head!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Medullah posted:

He's been dead for years, you sicko.

Good news, so is Matt's dad.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Medullah posted:

Now, if you mean Jack Huston, let's just slap a target on Richard Harrow's head!

Harrow was already basically Bullseye Noir.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh god when I heard it was someone from Boardwalk Empire I was immediately "please be Harrow", but he's probably aiming higher than a superhero show.

I guess this guy is fine, too. I didn't care for him on BE much, but I can't imagine he'll do a bad job.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

Oops, that's what I meant.

And Cox didn't do too much in BE, but what he did do was pretty good.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Here's how I look at the new HYDRA:

HYDRA doesn't need that much characterization or nuance. HYDRA is every upper management dickhead at work. HYDRA is every pundit who makes money on lies, every fighter who chooses power over justness, and every son of a dictator who sends his child to liberal schools. We instinctively root against them even as we chant their mantra while doing something nefarious.

Now they're cooler. Instead of having invisible donors who buy them bases built into volcanoes, HYDRA is everything we hate and and recognize in our society. HYDRA makes us feel like the underdog again, not the morally bankrupt collection of conglomerates we've become. HYDRA is our favorite foe.

HAIL HYDRA

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
The official CW Flash twitter has announced the show'll be airing Tuesdays, so if Arrow sticks to Wednesdays, it means the Flash'll be hitting first each week (also assuming they start the same week, you never know).

Personally hoping CW is able to push and expand the universe its got going for itself. Smallville tried (and in some regards, had to) cram everything into one show, whereas now they have a chance to, effectively speaking, do actual live action comic books, with regular, serial adventures in a joint universe. Imagine, depending on how much they can end up making, and what manages to stick around, you could in theory at one point have basically a week where every working day has a different superhero show on. Some of them well known like the Flash, others less so, like Hourman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Um... the entire network fall schedules are announced and available. Flash is Tuesdays at 8, Arrow's still Wednesdays. Handy thread link

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While Marvel still isn't talking about it too much Hayley Atwell has said that Dominic Cooper will be in Agent Carter.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My favourite part of the Agents of Shield season finale was Nick Fury helping Coulson by giving him a weapon straight out of a Rob Liefeld comic. How Agent Garret met his demise is also pretty funny.

Now I am just dying to know what the heck Skye is. Raina's talk of "evolution" makes me think that Skye's father is The High Evolutionary.

Speaking of Raina, Ruth Negga is returning next season, right?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

My favourite part of the Agents of Shield season finale was Nick Fury helping Coulson by giving him a weapon straight out of a Rob Liefeld comic.

That was the gun that Coulson tried to shoot Loki with in Avengers before he got stabbed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Veotax posted:

That was the gun that Coulson tried to shoot Loki with in Avengers before he got stabbed.

I don't know how I missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Veotax posted:

Real talk: That gun was introduced to the Marvel Avengers Alliance game on Facebook. (It's sort of a tie in to the films, but it's mostly takes what it wants from the comic universe. In sort it's awesome, go look at the thread about it.)
The gun was incredibly OP when introduced and even now years later, that gun is still one of the best weapons in the game. It's called the Coulson's Revenge. so that's pretty much its in-cannon name.