Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Crowbear posted:

Pushmo is a dope game and now the Wii U is getting a new Pushmo and that's :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuU8-hTDBdg

hmm wonder if it's going to be just Pushmo's again and not pushmos and crashmo's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Crowbear posted:

Pushmo is a dope game and now the Wii U is getting a new Pushmo and that's :cool:

Awwwwwww gently caress yes this is entirely my poo poo.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
GameStop has a deal where trading in a game toward Mario Kart gets you an extra %40. Does anyone know if this applies to the console bundle, or just the game?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So instead of $3 for a trading in a game you'll get $4.20

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
You could trade in Pokemon X and get $56 instead of $40

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Crowbear posted:

That looks so :krad:

Reminds me I should just look up how to beat the castle puzzle in Pushmo already after being stuck and giving up half a year ago...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Crowbear posted:

Oh poo poo, gonna buy the gently caress out of that. Only question is whether or not it includes Crashmo style puzzles as well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Elliotw2 posted:

You could trade in Pokemon X and get $56 instead of $40

Pokemon X is a $35 game that came out over 6 months ago. I guarantee they are not offering any more than $10 for it at the moment.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doooope you can access people's custom levels through the game itself rather than having to scan a code that was the dumbest thing about Pushmo and they fixed iiiiiiiiiiit

Artix posted:

Oh poo poo, gonna buy the gently caress out of that. Only question is whether or not it includes Crashmo style puzzles as well.
It doesn't look like it but it looks like a full-fledged sequel with new environments and new types of blocks (one that sends all of one color IN rather than OUT, and 'connected' blocks where pushing/pulling one does the inverse to the other).

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 28, 2014

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

greatn posted:

Pokemon X is a $35 game that came out over 6 months ago. I guarantee they are not offering any more than $10 for it at the moment.

$22.10, per Gamestop's website, actually.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Doooope you can access people's custom levels through the game itself rather than having to scan a code that was the dumbest thing about Pushmo and they fixed iiiiiiiiiiit

They're just doing what they did with Crashmo - it can read the codes directly from the jpg so you don't need to scan 'em with your camera.

It supports codes from the 3DS version, too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're just doing what they did with Crashmo - it can read the codes directly from the jpg so you don't need to scan 'em with your camera.

It supports codes from the 3DS version, too.
I don't recall being able to browse people's custom levels in the game in Crashmo. Now I gotta reinstall Crashmo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't recall being able to browse people's custom levels in the game in Crashmo. Now I gotta reinstall Crashmo.

You can't, but you can flip to Miiverse, download peoples' QR screenshots and load them directly from the SD card rather than having to scan them.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I would like a Wii U Crashmo where all the levels are of the type found in the bonus levels; the ones that are actual 3d objects, like a house. I should hope the Wii U could handle those levels much better than the 3DS could.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can't, but you can flip to Miiverse, download peoples' QR screenshots and load them directly from the SD card rather than having to scan them.
Hmm.. well this seems to remove those extra steps. It's a refinement of a refinement.

Also I noticed there are blocks that only pull out for a limited time before snapping back which is interesting and could give this game the kind of difficulty curve that Crashmo has and Pushmo lacked. Also a couple of repeat puzzles (Bowser was in Pushmo for sure), although maybe the layouts will be tweaked.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Crowbear posted:

Thats pretty awesome. Don't suppose anyone here speaks Japanese and would be able to give a jist of what this debonair fella is saying?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, it looks like the new gimmicks this time around are switches that make platforms go all the way in, limited time platforms, "linked" platforms where pushing in or out one does the same to the other and "opposing" platforms where doing something to one gives the opposite result to the other.

Combined with the all out switches and the pipes of the first, this will be some fairly interesting puzzling. A potential future Crashmo World can only end up being more interesting still.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
edit: oops google answered for me

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

greatn posted:

Actually, no. Pokemon games are in pretty constant demand and you'll get good trade-in values for them.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 28, 2014

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Pullbox World is coming to PAL regions June 19th, with a intro price of £6.29 (from £8.99) for those who have bought Pullblox/Fallblox until the end of July. iirc, this will be the first time the NNID has been used between platforms.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Champeenship posted:

Pullbox World is coming to PAL regions June 19th, with a intro price of £6.29 (from £8.99) for those who have bought Pullblox/Fallblox until the end of July. iirc, this will be the first time the NNID has been used between platforms.
Well, technically the wallet sharing is using the NNID between platforms.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I wake up and I see that Nintendo is making a Pushmo game for the Wii U and are releasing Chibi Robo 3DS in Europe. Today is a good day! :buddy:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I really dig Pushmo but that one song begins to wear on me when I'm trying to solve a hard puzzle.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hope Pushmo Wii U is way more Pushmo than Crashmo because I really couldn't get into Crashmo at all. I was just sort of too dumb for it.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Crashmo was a HUGE step up in difficulty holy god.

Pushmo was tricky at times but not nearly as insane.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I wouldn't say it was necessarily a huge amount more difficult as much as it was a whole lot more complex. More so if you went in with a decent amount of experience in Pushmo, because the rules you once went by weren't all correct anymore.

The game felt more difficult to me, besides the above, because there were overall less main puzzles, so the difficulty shot up at a way faster rate.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Just in case any of you guys live in The Netherlands; Nedgame hella broke the street date and are already selling Mario Kart 8 right now!

It's too bad I have a copy of the limited edition already shipped and on its way to me otherwise I would be racing to the store right now. :geert:

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Another Pushmo!? I'm just in the middle of the first one and I had just saved enough money for Mario Kart 8.

Welp, there goes my money.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
English trailer for Pushmo World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0noVqmZKYAY

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Nintendo has made a small page they are calling the English website for Hyrule Warriors.

It has much less details than the Japanese website and has zero screenshots of Shia/Cia. They better not localize her away.

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Spectacle Rock posted:

Nintendo has made a small page they are calling the English website for Hyrule Warriors.

It has much less details than the Japanese website and has zero screenshots of Shia/Cia. They better not localize her away.

Why not? Americans are more aware of T&A being hackneyed.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So they're really going with that title. Not Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors or anything?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Policenaut posted:

So they're really going with that title. Not Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors or anything?

Link's Crossbow Training didn't have TLOZ in the title either

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

Link's Crossbow Training didn't have TLOZ in the title either

Exactly.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Policenaut posted:

Probably for the best.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Spectacle Rock posted:

It seems unlikely that an entire HD character model would be drastically altered in localization, but NOA may have made the judgment call that she's not what they want to put front-and-centre marketing wise.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Hyrule Warriors, developed by Platinum Games.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The worst they'll do about her will be to pull a Tharja and just cover her model up a bit more than the Japan one is. If they even bother with that.

NeoGAF and 12 year olds everywhere will cry in the streets about how it'll be a crime against free speech and poo poo though of course.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

PRADA SLUT posted:

Hyrule Warriors, developed by Platinum Games.

I wish. I don't think you really even have to pay any attention to what you're doing in Dynasty Warriors games do you? Not in the ones I played a million years ago anyway. Tap the attack button while you sleep

whaley fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

whaley posted:

I wish. I don't think you really even have to pay any attention to what you're doing in Dynasty Warriors games do you? Not in the ones I played a million years ago anyway. Tap the attack button while you sleep

The only Warriors game that I ever gave a poo poo about for more than one playthrough was Warriors Orochi 2 and in that, the enemy generals could be a pain to take out until you got the weapon trait that lets you break through their guard.

• Locked thread