Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

You mentioned an OldSchool Grand Exchange?

Now we just need a cross-game clan chat system upgrade. :colbert:

Mod Reach found a way to ride dragons, apparently works with any NPC model.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Pizza Momma exists:

She's 42, owns a pizza franchise, an actual mother and has 99 cooking. :drat:

Joachim's bank got a revision:

And in the midst of cleaning, we discovered Billy has a gay version of himself (re: fabulous and cooler than hetero Billy) and that he has a tendency to attract weirdos.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

After a little bit of experimenting, I realize I do NOT want to do myself.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Soulhunter posted:

Mod Reach found a way to ride dragons, apparently works with any NPC model.

mounts confirmed

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Was giving OSRS a try and it looks like I've been sucked in by some good old-fashioned goonerosity

It's pretty amusing how the 07 client feels more polished and usable than the 2014 one.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Fruit Chewy posted:

Was giving OSRS a try and it looks like I've been sucked in by some good old-fashioned goonerosity

It's pretty amusing how the 07 client feels more polished and usable than the 2014 one.

I might try some more OSRS myself if the updates continue the way they do and I get a bit of a helping hand.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Themata posted:

I might try some more OSRS myself if the updates continue the way they do and I get a bit of a helping hand.

I'm happy to toss some money or whatever I can put together your way (or anyone else's, really) on OSRS. Can't guarantee it'll be that much again, else I'll run my bank dry, but I can do a bit to help.

A good place to start making money for anyone new to OSRS is doing Knight's Sword for some smithing levels and whatever quests you need to get into the Blast Furnace minigame.

The key to the Blast Furnace is they added a bank chest in the same room. This means you don't even have to smelt anything to make money there, you can buy ore from the vendor for close to half the street price, bank it like 10 squares away, then flip it on the market to double your money. I did this the week they added minigame teleports to the OSRS quest menu and made a stupid pile of money that got me up to Dharok's + Whip for gear.

(Click the red icon on the quest menu for access to minigame teleports, think lodestones, but automatically unlocked and for minigames. See also, the "Temple Building/Shades of Mort'ton minigame teleport, pretty exclusively used to teleport to barrows).

If you actually do the minigame as well, there's an official world for it and you can buy out the shop (it's uniquely restocked by NPCs that enter and exit the room) and make bars at the same time for money and effectively free smithing xp.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Thanks for the helping boost friend! It was more than enough. I just hope they make running the default over walking. With any luck, OSRS will get skill reworks sooner than RS3 ever will.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
With all the people who are against implementing a GE like system because "Varrock spam is the authentic experience", I doubt they will ever remove walking/running. They also probably won't because it means there's little reason to do agility.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Admittedly, it would be nice to see RS3-like energy regeneration. There's not nearly enough teleport options to bring unnecessary walking a minimum right now. Maybe mounts will provide a solution?

E: Just found a list of OSRS-exclusive content for anyone interested: http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Exclusive_to_2007_content

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 25, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fruit Chewy posted:

Goonerosity... or bribery? :raise:

Themata posted:

Thanks for the helping boost friend! It was more than enough. I just hope they make running the default over walking. With any luck, OSRS will get skill reworks sooner than RS3 ever will.

Noooooo your puns weren't That bad and your posting is actually slightly above average come back.

e:

Soulhunter posted:

Just found a list of OSRS-exclusive content for anyone interested: http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Exclusive_to_2007_content

At least it's topical for the time. :greencube:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 25, 2014

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Soulhunter posted:

Admittedly, it would be nice to see RS3-like energy regeneration. There's not nearly enough teleport options to bring unnecessary walking a minimum right now. Maybe mounts will provide a solution?

E: Just found a list of OSRS-exclusive content for anyone interested: http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Exclusive_to_2007_content

A lot of that content is basically just implementing poo poo from RS3 into 07scape though, like Nightmare Zone is a crappier (albeit less grindy) Dominion Tower, Motherlode mine is basically a combination of Living Rock cavern and Lava flow mine, Staff of the Dead is the Staff of Light and so on. :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Miniature_chaotic_clouds

This is the best page ever if you have the Google Chrome 'cloud to butt' extension installed :3:

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
OSRS/General RS question - how the gently caress do you make decent money? This is something that I never figured out since my RS experience used to be entirely botting-centric. I had money, but I never learned most of the game mechanics (I have no idea how farming or construction work, for example). I've got pretty low skills in OSRS at the moment, but I'm not sure what I should be working toward for a source of income. At the moment I'm working on mining since I figured it would be useful even if it wasn't profitable. In the long run, I really want to try barrows since I've never reached even close to endgame PvM before (my combat on RS3 is barely even 100).

Current skills:

Basically I have little to no direction other than just farming up random skills and doing cool poo poo and/or quests. I'm looking for a better idea of what I should do to make money and what I should grind up for cool things like barrows.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Fruit Chewy posted:

OSRS/General RS question - how the gently caress do you make decent money?

Get slayer, magic, and prayer to levels where you can cast slayer dart and use protect from melee to do barrows.

Kill dragons for bones + hides to sell. (Watchtower quest gives access to 4 safespot-friendly blue dragons)

Runecraft natures, but dump quest reward xp on rc for early levels as much as possible to lessen the grind.

Nightmare zone for combat xp and points you can use on herb boxes to sell.

Chaos druids you can kill for herbs to sell, you're already at a good level for that.

Generally, the best long-term solution is to do slayer, as you'll get tons of herbs, armour drops, and other unique loot at higher levels while training combat.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

Soulhunter posted:

Get slayer, magic, and prayer to levels where you can cast slayer dart and use protect from melee to do barrows.

Kill dragons for bones + hides to sell. (Watchtower quest gives access to 4 safespot-friendly blue dragons)

Runecraft natures, but dump quest reward xp on rc for early levels as much as possible to lessen the grind.

Nightmare zone for combat xp and points you can use on herb boxes to sell.

Chaos druids you can kill for herbs to sell, you're already at a good level for that.

Generally, the best long-term solution is to do slayer, as you'll get tons of herbs, armour drops, and other unique loot at higher levels while training combat.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. As far as levelling poo poo up, my plan was to quest my attack to 40 and then use a rune scimitar in defensive mode to level def/hp while grinding slayer. Once I got my defense and HP to satisfactory levels, I was going to curse spam my magic up to an appropriate level.

Is that a reasonably efficient way to level combat stats or am I doing something stupid here?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Fishing isn't bad money.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fruit Chewy posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tips. As far as levelling poo poo up, my plan was to quest my attack to 40 and then use a rune scimitar in defensive mode to level def/hp while grinding slayer. Once I got my defense and HP to satisfactory levels, I was going to curse spam my magic up to an appropriate level.

Is that a reasonably efficient way to level combat stats or am I doing something stupid here?

There are no efficent ways to do anything in 07scape.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
If you want to get money and get magic experience, you could always buy iron+coal+nats and superheat steel, and then convert that into cannonballs.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Fruit Chewy posted:

Sounds fine to me. Only thing I did different was fire strike/bolt most quest bosses and a few lesser demon tasks for the extra magic exp here and there. Most of the tree gnome quest line can be safe spotted with magic from fire bolt+, and those quests give some good xp rewards.

There's an easy low-level monkey madness boss method that involves safe spotting and last-hitting the boss with a ring of recoil, if you wanna go that far in the quest line. 35k/35k/20k/20k to selected melee stats iirc.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
2007scape is for butts. And not good butts, like in Brazil. Bad, hairy butts.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

2007scape is for butts. And not good butts, like in Brazil. Bad, hairy butts.
At the risk of a derail, are there legitimately good butts in RS?
Goon Ckrew butts in red pants?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Xlorp posted:

At the risk of a derail, are there legitimately good butts in RS?
Goon Ckrew butts in red pants?

http://runezone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16542

I do recall that a cow in Ashdale recently had its butt improved by a polygon, maybe check that out?

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Oh RSoF never change...

:byodame: Gamers unite :byodame:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm amazed that he didn't start talking about ZOG and neo-shekels, with all of the coded anti-Semitic poo poo in there.

Also quick reminder, this week's Dead Content Field Trip will be roughly a half hour after reset this Wednesday night (EST), and it'll be to Tai Bwo Wannai Clean-Up. Come get some jungle gear, attacked by mosquitoes, and visit 6/8 black people in Runescape!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

allta posted:

Oh RSoF never change...

:byodame: Gamers unite :byodame:

yeah, there's certainly someone suffering from autism

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I've never played RS 2007 before (when I was a kid RS2 was the thing), is there anything I should know for when starting the F2P game tomorrow? Is it a wiped instance or will people already have items?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm pretty sure it will be exactly the same as f2p has always been in Runescape, where there are members worlds and f2p worlds, where the members can go on f2p worlds and interact with f2p players but not access member content. It will be like making a new account was back in 2007 I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah, there's certainly someone suffering from autism

As someone who has high functioning autism I take offence at this. That is clearly someone who both has autism AND is dumb. The two are not the same and I take it as a personal offence if someone implies as such. (That last half a sentence was supposed to be sarcasm by the way, but I'm on my phone and haven't memorised all the smily codes.)

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
There is a summer deal going on...

Jagex posted:

Get your hands on an exclusive Summer Special membership package today. Save yourself over 25% on 3 months' membership and get an XP-boosting aura and amulet to help prepare for the Elf City launch!

The Enlightenment Aura grants you a double XP boost for 2 hours every week throughout June, July and August! Even once summer's over, the aura's yours forever - and as long as you're a member in future summers, you'll get the same bonus then.

You'll also get the Crystal Amulet: an elven artefact that gives you daily XP towards the skills required for the Elf City. It'll also let you collect elven resources before the gates of Prifddinas open. Visit the wiki for details of how the amulet works.

Note that Gold Premier Club members and those of you who've held 12 consecutive months of membership - as of today - will get the aura and amulet automatically, at no additional cost. If you don't have them right away, don't worry - we'll be adding them for everyone shortly.

Get your Summer Special membership now - at over 25% discount, or just 5 Bonds - and be ready as soon as summer starts!

There is also a bit on what is coming out this summer.
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/spend-summer-in-runescape-on-the-road-to-elf-city?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Ahaha, they're already pushing the Elf City back to the fall.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
Just started a new character after not playing since circa 2005~. This game is a trip, i like how i have to walk far far less now

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

24 hours of total skilling/combat for elder seeds! This also proves that JMods can't read for some reason.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
First roleplaying and now forums posting...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Pina Coladas posted:

First roleplaying and now forums posting...

Kari, we need to have a talk.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Wow..... here i thought i was int he company of some really cool people..... guess i was wrong.....

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
You guys knew I was posting on the forums since Pizza Lady's Saucy Thread. :colbert:

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

This makes me sad and you're a big butt if you dismiss osrs without trying it for a bit at least.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
We did, seven years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I didn't even know we had an osrs chat.

• Locked thread