Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
so edge of tomorrow is supposed to be p good

apparently there's a montage where tom cruise dies several times per minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

computer parts posted:

this will be perfect for convincing my friends we should see it, tyvm

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i'm debating whether or not i should read the book before seeing it. maybe i'll read half, see it and then finish it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm debating whether or not i should read the book before seeing it. maybe i'll read half, see it and then finish it
on one hand it's a japanese ya novel

on the other hand all you need is kill is the best name and they should have kept it for the movie :black101:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

this could be more enjoyable than magnolia

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
fuckin, whatever. as if Tom Cruise isn't a perfectly enjoyable, charming, and capable sci-fi/action movie star

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
tom cruise actually owns when he's in his element (running from things, running towards things, running around things, running beside things, running into things)

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Cold on a Cob posted:

tom cruise actually owns when he's in his element (running from things, running towards things, running around things, running beside things, running into things)

also doing ridiculous stunts himself (like in the most recent mission impossible)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

one thing that is not his element is riding motorcycles

if you look carefully above the front wheel in this famous scene you will see the tie-down straps holding the bike to the trailer it is being towed on. he is also visibly operating the clutch at a totally inappropriate time

here he is wearing boots with four inch lifts in the heels and still being unable to flat-foot the bike, a dangerous situation which has terrified his co-star cameron diaz sufficiently that she had herself replaced with a stuffed mannequin

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
when he jumped from that big rock to that other big rock in mission impossible 2's intro i believed he could fly

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

here he is wearing boots with four inch lifts in the heels and still being unable to flat-foot the bike, a dangerous situation which has terrified his co-star cameron diaz sufficiently that she had herself replaced with a stuffed mannequin

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Fargo is real good

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

if you look carefully above the front wheel in this famous scene you will see the tie-down straps holding the bike to the trailer it is being towed on. he is also visibly operating the clutch at a totally inappropriate time

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

that's why hes in the danger zone.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

danger zone!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

vOv posted:

danger zone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cqV3h-aDA

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Been a while since I posted ITT. Avoiding Godzilla spooilers I think. ANyways,. ... I just watched ST:TMP for the Very First Time (Ive seen every single Ep. of TNG, VOY, DS9, finishing ENT right now, then TOS as a finale,) anyways. well. A lot of people talk poo poo about ST:TMP - they say its long, Rambling, Boreing, Dull, Tripe. But you know what, I thot it was a perfect ST pic. Stunning visuals, bog-standard ST story (omnipotent omniscient being won over by the Power of Heart and Humanity) and a fantastic score. Cinematography was pretty wierd @ times. 1 shot looked p out of focus - but I know this a big budget pic so I guess twy were doing some kind of Art thing. I don't know. Anwyays - I really liked it. I liked hoiw Decker saved the day by Cyberboning his Borg Babe. Kirk looked virile and buff. Spock owned the toon. Borg Babe was over 9000 level Sexy. When she was in the Sonic Shower (ST origin?) I thot 2 myself "watch this Bald Bitch walk out this poo poo with high heels" and guess what, she did. Maybve kitten heels, I don't know. I didnt do the wardrobe on this feature. Annnnywhoozle, I thot this Motion Pic really owned. Really owned big time. It it is perfect Trek.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

the transporter accident at the beginning was pretty hosed up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

the transporter accident at the beginning was pretty hosed up

youre right. ide forogtten about it., but. it was pretty good.the Grim Realities of future SPace mans Life. Cold harsh futurism

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

people have been talking about how good Gattaca is lately and every time I'd see a post I'd think "there's no fuckin way that piece of poo poo is enjoyable unironicly"

then I realized I was mistaking Gattaca and Species

needless to say I've corrected my mistake, Gattaca owns, Uma Thurman is a goddess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

people have been talking about how good Gattaca is lately and every time I'd see a post I'd think "there's no fuckin way that piece of poo poo is enjoyable unironicly"

needless to say I've corrected my mistake, Gattaca owns, Uma Thurman is a goddess

i watched species the other day and it was pretty crap

decent cast though and h.r. giger of course as the designer of sil

gattaca was way better

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's a pretty decent book and it's really short, you could probably blow through it in half a day.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
The only thing I remember about species is attempting to hide my adolescent boner from the rest of the slumber party

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

The only thing I remember about species is attempting to hide my adolescent boner from the rest of the slumber party

epic samery

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

indigi posted:

How do you even do that?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
species actually depicts a fairly smart and cool means of interstellar travel: just transmit a signal containing instructions for building your astronaut to any sentient species who's listening

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Smythe posted:

epic samery

for sure. I definitely jerked illz to that movie quite a bit cause I had a hit cable box in my room

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

qntm posted:

species actually depicts a fairly smart and cool means of interstellar travel: just transmit a signal containing instructions for building your astronaut to any sentient species who's listening

it's a shame most of the tapes of the original A for Andromeda were wiped, I'd like to have seen it. books worth a read though.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_for_Andromeda

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i watched star trek into darkness while playing civ last night

it was pretty mediocre, nothing special. fun to watch but not really much outside of that. would probably watch it any time it was on tv for fun but not buy on dvd.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qntm posted:

"Contact" was basically the same thing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

indigi posted:

gattaca is like the model science fiction movie.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

qntm posted:

i'm actually going to be super disappointed if irl first contact involves getting such a signal from some super advanced alien race because it means they don't have ftl either

also i wrote this a while back and it's sort of relevant http://ficly.com/stories/37906

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Smythe posted:

Been a while since I posted ITT. Avoiding Godzilla spooilers I think. ANyways,. ... I just watched ST:TMP for the Very First Time (Ive seen every single Ep. of TNG, VOY, DS9, finishing ENT right now, then TOS as a finale,) anyways. well. A lot of people talk poo poo about ST:TMP - they say its long, Rambling, Boreing, Dull, Tripe. But you know what, I thot it was a perfect ST pic. Stunning visuals, bog-standard ST story (omnipotent omniscient being won over by the Power of Heart and Humanity) and a fantastic score. Cinematography was pretty wierd @ times. 1 shot looked p out of focus - but I know this a big budget pic so I guess twy were doing some kind of Art thing. I don't know. Anwyays - I really liked it. I liked hoiw Decker saved the day by Cyberboning his Borg Babe. Kirk looked virile and buff. Spock owned the toon. Borg Babe was over 9000 level Sexy. When she was in the Sonic Shower (ST origin?) I thot 2 myself "watch this Bald Bitch walk out this poo poo with high heels" and guess what, she did. Maybve kitten heels, I don't know. I didnt do the wardrobe on this feature. Annnnywhoozle, I thot this Motion Pic really owned. Really owned big time. It it is perfect Trek.
glad you enjoyed it, smythe :)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

hubris.height posted:

i watched star trek into darkness while playing civ last night

it was pretty mediocre, nothing special. fun to watch but not really much outside of that. would probably watch it any time it was on tv for fun but not buy on dvd.

The movie needed more Bones.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Species owns owns owns

babby michelle williams eating a banana sideways, a monster pupa, tits, that lady from CSI's tits, some more tits and finally a Giger monster shooting tentacles out of her nipples.

:sonia:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

that's why hes in the danger zone.

vOv posted:

danger zone!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Trast posted:

The movie needed more Bones.

the whole movie i would just keep noticing that the guy from almost human was an actor

and it was p distracting

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

Species owns owns owns

babby michelle williams eating a banana sideways, a monster pupa, tits, that lady from CSI's tits, some more tits and finally a Giger monster shooting tentacles out of her nipples.

:sonia:

YES!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smythe posted:

YES!!!!!!!!

[that video i don't know the source of with the guy going YESS! YESSS!! YYESSSS!! YYYYESSSS!]

• Locked thread