Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Just hates on him relentlessly as a host/comedian/person

I never really loved WC, but it's obvious now that Howard really makes the show.

I'm just the opposite. I'm not a fan regularly either but Weitzman's residency has been appointment pod. I just find Howard annoying but Armen's insecure incompetency really compelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Howard being the weirdest person on the planet is the only reason I ever listen to Who Charted

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm just the opposite. I'm not a fan regularly either but Weitzman's residency has been appointment pod. I just find Howard annoying but Armen's insecure incompetency really compelling.

Howard is great because of the shotgun approach: only 30% of what he says will make me laugh, but 10% of it is high-level comedy

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

No-frills criticisms about what he doesn't like about Weitzman's comedy; Weitzman himself. It's all really good and you should listen to it, Besser's tone is established in like the first 5 minutes.

I don't really listen to Who Charted, I was mainly asking because I sometimes find it difficult to reconcile my enjoyment of Matt Besser with his mean-spirited, judgmental ways.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Armen is the biggest weirdo ever and I love him. Last week's Two Charted ended in a cacophony of "byes!" and "we'll see you next week" followed by Armen calmly stating THE LAKERS.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This is the best UTU2tM yet. I feel like Scott may want to put a disclaimer on that Talkin' About Money segment (i.e., "Please do not kill yourself to avoid debt")

Also, can I give a shout-out to La Cienega Dental?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I feel like there aren't too many listeners of Sklarbro Country here... but has anybody else seen Cheap Seats, the Sklar Brothers' 2004 ESPN show that was MST3K meets Sportscenter? Each episode had sketches featuring literally every comedian who has ever been on Earwolf: Aukerman, Harris Wittels, The State, Jon Glaser, H. Jon Benjamin, Bob & David, Eugene Mirman, Chelsea Peretti, Aziz Ansari, Zack Galiafanakis, Paul Rust, Doug Benson, Todd Barry, etc.

Most episodes centered on horrible old footage from the ESPN library, like National Spelling Bee Championships, televised Mini-Golf, and Steve Garvey Celebrity Fishing tournaments, way before ESPN had the rights to show actual professional sports. Almost every episode is on YouTube. I'd recommend starting with this one featuring a juggling championship and an ultimate Frisbee league, even though none of the aforementioned people show up. And for a dumb reason, one of the seasons featured a live studio audience, so skip those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-xOAlv3bJk

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 29, 2014

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Armen Weitzman is a complete weirdo. Saw him do stand up at totally JK the other week.

His set consisted of him coming on stage and setting a blanket down. Then going backstage, bringing a pie out, dropping the pie on stage. Then mumbling about how did you ever want to finger a woman or how men have "carrots." This went on for 15 minutes.

I'm half way through the podcast and it honestly doesn't seem particularly scathing.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 29, 2014

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I'm half way through the podcast and it honestly doesn't seem particularly scathing.
When they talk about him dropping out of UCB, and the satire vs parody part, it sounds like Armen is dying with embarrassment. But I don't know how you can't get the vibe that Besser absolutely loathes Armen. It's not like joking around with friends, it's just "*sigh*" and "think about what you just loving said".

Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
I spent 15 minutes too many making a thing. But by god it makes me laugh

https://soundcloud.com/frankenfinger/barenakedstainies

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Armen seems like an incredibly irritating person to be around but he's basically a perfect temp as long as there are people to make fun of him. I can only imagine how terrible TC must have been this month.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Besser should show up on every insecure former UCB performer's podcast.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh my god, the "Is this U2?" segment was the hardest I've laughed in months. Hearing Todd Glass have to actually think about stuff like the beginning of the theme from Cheers, and then stuff like Witch Doctor and the Fat Boys absolutely killed me.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Scott loves Torque

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Heh, I just found this on teefury: http://www.teefury.com/gallery/1053/Not_Kool/ It just needs "Who's thirsty, motherfuckers?!" at the bottom.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Everything Todd Glass is as a person confuses me, and that only increases every time I hear him on something. And I'm not referring to the fact that he's gay, I mean everything else about him.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Todd Glass is great, but I can't listen to his podcast regularly because he gets so anxious sometimes it makes me feel anxious.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

My girlfriend is literally afraid of Todd Glass after we saw him do standup. There were two shithead girls in the front row, talking and texting the whole time, and Todd got real mad and snatched the girl's phone, tossed it to a different table, and then had them kicked out.

It was super uncomfortable and kinda ruined Todd for me. :ohdear:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

ManoliIsFat posted:

When they talk about him dropping out of UCB, and the satire vs parody part, it sounds like Armen is dying with embarrassment. But I don't know how you can't get the vibe that Besser absolutely loathes Armen. It's not like joking around with friends, it's just "*sigh*" and "think about what you just loving said".
If he actually hated him there's no way he'd offer him free improv classes. This felt more like Besser making fun of his intern's man on the street interviews, like he was just flabbergasted that a guy who wants to work in comedy could be this unable to formulate a coherent sentence or give his opinion on something while he's hosting a podcast where people talk about pop culture things.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I feel like there aren't too many listeners of Sklarbro Country here... but has anybody else seen Cheap Seats, the Sklar Brothers' 2004 ESPN show that was MST3K meets Sportscenter? Each episode had sketches featuring literally every comedian who has ever been on Earwolf: Aukerman, Harris Wittels, The State, Jon Glaser, H. Jon Benjamin, Bob & David, Eugene Mirman, Chelsea Peretti, Aziz Ansari, Zack Galiafanakis, Paul Rust, Doug Benson, Todd Barry, etc.

Most episodes centered on horrible old footage from the ESPN library, like National Spelling Bee Championships, televised Mini-Golf, and Steve Garvey Celebrity Fishing tournaments, way before ESPN had the rights to show actual professional sports. Almost every episode is on YouTube. I'd recommend starting with this one featuring a juggling championship and an ultimate Frisbee league, even though none of the aforementioned people show up. And for a dumb reason, one of the seasons featured a live studio audience, so skip those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-xOAlv3bJk

Yeah, Cheap Seats is really good, I wish they'd release it on DVD. The Sklars are actually where I started with comedy podcasts: I listened to them almost from the beginning and only later started with CBB, Improv4Humans and etc. They're great live too, I remember seeing them once where Jason couldn't get across the border and they tried doing their set through Skype.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Beeez posted:

Everything Todd Glass is as a person confuses me, and that only increases every time I hear him on something. And I'm not referring to the fact that he's gay, I mean everything else about him.

This just made the episode that much better in my opinion, since it seemed like the Scotts were as confused as everyone listening was. I'd love to see a party at Todd's duplex, with his hollowed-out garages, PA system, reverb turned way up, crazy videos (but not from the era you think) getting played and random drummer/trumpet players popping in to play alongside the songs.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

This just made the episode that much better in my opinion, since it seemed like the Scotts were as confused as everyone listening was. I'd love to see a party at Todd's duplex, with his hollowed-out garages, PA system, reverb turned way up, crazy videos (but not from the era you think) getting played and random drummer/trumpet players popping in to play alongside the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtBujEncAg
He's so insane. I love it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

OMG they literally play songs on a computer and then have live drums and a trumpet. Amazing!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Ho-lee poo poo, you aren't kidding.

Does Todd cater parties? I think he missed his calling.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

I agree, it's partly why this was one of the best ones yet. Scott and Scott's reactions to what he said were amazing. Though I've never listened to anything but one clip from The Todd Glass Show, because he is usually exhausting to listen to.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

a worthy uhh posted:

My girlfriend is literally afraid of Todd Glass after we saw him do standup. There were two shithead girls in the front row, talking and texting the whole time, and Todd got real mad and snatched the girl's phone, tossed it to a different table, and then had them kicked out.

That actually sounds really great to me. Lot's of comedians do this though why would this ruin Todd for you?

Todd Glass is great though. I think his stand up can be legit brilliant at times, but I love him even more because I think he might be an actual moron. Like he is so dumb and loveable on every podcast I hear him on. He seems to lack self awareness as well which is why I love when Scott makes fun of him because it takes Todd a while to realize that Scott is just loving with him.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, he's somehow dumb yet ponderous about virtually everything. He never gets when Scott's being sarcastic, but will really think at length about what Scott's joke says about him as if he's constantly in therapy.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

He's retarded and has no sense of humor and somehow this makes him really funny sometimes.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Anyone else get Improv4Humans downloaded in place of Fogelnuts Files, or is my poo poo hosed with?

At first I thought "why is Besser doing ads on Jakey's Podder?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

I got a very paternal vibe from Matt Besser. As an armchair psychologist, I could envision Armen's upbringing as the only child of a wealthy Hollywood lawyer who, while he wasn't an rear end in a top hat, probably wasn't able to spend that much time with him. I'm guessing there wasn't a lot of discipline, thus Armen's almost cartoonish personality of a millenial who got waaaaaay too many trophies for participation. Besser just wants to set him straight.

The Lakers.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
The latest U Talkin' U2 To Me episode might be the funniest podcast I've ever heard. The game had me weeping, along with stories of Todd's weird rear end house.

sacksy
Jan 6, 2009

welp
i would like to go to a todd glass party

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm so used to hearing about Todd's parties from his own podcast that Adam Scott's reaction was even funnier to me.

That reverb thing is insane though.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I got a very paternal vibe from Matt Besser.
Yeah, I mean there's no shortage of I4H segments where he actually talks to / about people he hates. That's now what this was.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
The reason that I love Todd Glass and keep on coming back to his podcast despite consistently listening to it with my finger on the skip 2 min. button, is that Todd is simultaneously a dumb but lovable lummox who is often shockingly underinformed, and a thoughtful, socially-conscious, neurotic, and occasionally brilliant comedian.

I think he's probably a naturally bright guy, but it is pretty obvious that he's dyslexic, arguably OCD, and smokes a lot of weed. Plus he's a Philly boy and I'm from eastern PA so I loving love it when he randomly name checks south-east Pennsylvania towns and areas for fake details when he's doing bits.

Even as a fan though, it was both shocking and hilarious to learn just how deep the man's reverb fixation goes, and the game was loving incredible.

Speaking of finding out just how much of a comedian's character's neurosis reflect their own on an unrelated Earwolf podcast, the I4H with Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham (and Da''Zuiks) was loving incredible.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zohn posted:

Speaking of finding out just how much of a comedian's character's neurosis reflect their own on an unrelated Earwolf podcast, the I4H with Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham (and Da''Zuiks) was loving incredible.

I seriously wonder how far the DiGiorno & Cream Cheese sandwich diet diverges from her own, considering her stance on strawberries/all fruit.

Dick Holden
Jul 18, 2003

Purple!

a worthy uhh posted:

I saw him at the pot club last year in Toronto during Just For Laughs, and he was fantastic. He was doing a show with Big Jay and Ari Shaffir and he absolutely blew it up during his set. At the end of the show the owner of the club announced that he would be back the next night to do a full hour, so I immediately bought tickets in hopes of a reverb filled evening. The next night comes and the place is full and ready to go. It goes a half an hour past the start time, when the owner comes out, in tears, and says that the shows been cancelled, Todd never showed up, won't return any calls, and that this is the first time in the clubs history that this has happened. We all got our money back and I will still listen to Todd when he pops up on other shows, but it really left me soured on him. Which sucks because I really liked him. :(

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dick Holden posted:

I saw him at the pot club last year in Toronto during Just For Laughs, and he was fantastic. He was doing a show with Big Jay and Ari Shaffir and he absolutely blew it up during his set. At the end of the show the owner of the club announced that he would be back the next night to do a full hour, so I immediately bought tickets in hopes of a reverb filled evening. The next night comes and the place is full and ready to go. It goes a half an hour past the start time, when the owner comes out, in tears, and says that the shows been cancelled, Todd never showed up, won't return any calls, and that this is the first time in the clubs history that this has happened. We all got our money back and I will still listen to Todd when he pops up on other shows, but it really left me soured on him. Which sucks because I really liked him. :(

While that sucks was any reason ever given? Maybe something important came up or the club owner was confused by the schedule or whatever.

Zohn posted:

Theres an earlier I4H that they're all on and they touch on the berry thing too. It's a pretty good episode.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

David Wain spent the first minute on Sklarbro Country discussing reverb. What it going on with podcasts?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
A little late but if you want to hear Matt Besser, Dave Anthony and the Little Dum Dum guys beat up on Armen Weistzman for a while: http://littledumdumclub.com/?p=617

Not sure at what point it starts, maybe around halfway but you can skip to there. Dave Anthony and Matt Besser were making fun of the Dum Dum club until Armen came out and then everyone gangs up on him, especially about his lovely long winded story about almost getting beaten up by Denzel Washington at a high school football game.