Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

deadtear posted:

Guns are fun and cool and own and I can talk about them to much larger crowds than 30. But nah its the guy speaking's fault that the people who didn't want to hear him didn't a: say anything or b: leave.

It's the internet equivilent of getting a girl back to your room and sitting there explaining how cool your internet spaceships are and showing her your spread sheets while she sits there listening politely and playing with her hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

NtotheTC posted:

It's the internet equivilent of getting a girl back to your room and sitting there explaining how cool your internet spaceships are and showing her your spread sheets while she sits there listening politely and playing with her hair.

Except I have no desire to have sex with goons

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

Except I have no desire to have sex with goons

And if you did spaceships, Cheetos and a wineglass full of the finest mountain dew code red would be just what the doctor ordered.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I agree with everything here with the caveat that there is absolutely nothing wrong with 45 minutes of GUNCHAT

There is something wrong if most of the GUNCHAT is complaining about dirty lieberals taking mah gunz :bahgawd:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I wish we had a larger emphasis on ECM jammers. I've been wanting to fly a blackbird for some time but the closes thing to a fit in the wiki is from 12/2012 :(

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I wish we had a larger emphasis on ECM jammers. I've been wanting to fly a blackbird for some time but the closes thing to a fit in the wiki is from 12/2012 :(

Blame CCP for nerfing ECM into the ground. Supposedly Fozzie and friends are working on :airquote: balance, :airquote: but really they just threw electronic warfare from being jammer based to being sensor dampener based.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

NtotheTC posted:

It's literally nothing alike.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

In large fleets the Celestis is superior in every way and in small gangs people mostly trust that you can figure out a fit for yourself.

Something like

code:
[Blackbird, Small Gang]
Damage Control II
'Hypnos' Signal Distortion Amplifier I

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
'Umbra' White Noise ECM

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
is probably fine. You can drop whichever jammer you think will be least useful (probably Amarr) for another shield extender or swap out the rigs for more jam strength, you're still going to be made of paper either way though. High slots are whatever you want.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
So far I'm just sitting in .4 sec training racial frigate V with nothing to do, trying to figure out how to use the D scan to find low sec missioners/ratters.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

Blame CCP for nerfing ECM into the ground. Supposedly Fozzie and friends are working on :airquote: balance, :airquote: but really they just threw electronic warfare from being jammer based to being sensor dampener based.

It's not nerfed into the ground, you can now just lock down two-three targets instead of five. For small gang falcon you run rainbow spec with a DG multi as your 5th, a yurt and extra racial jammers in the cargohold.

With two jams rolling on a target you are probably going to lock him down.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

deadtear posted:

It's literally nothing alike.

True, talking about EVE is actually way cooler than guns and probably more likely to get you laid, especially if you let her poop on your hand first.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's not nerfed into the ground, you can now just lock down two-three targets instead of five. For small gang falcon you run rainbow spec with a DG multi as your 5th, a yurt and extra racial jammers in the cargohold.

With two jams rolling on a target you are probably going to lock him down.

Who thee gently caress could afford that?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

vigorous sodomy posted:

Who thee gently caress could afford that?

Faction multispecs aren't expensive. Even the lower-end officer multispecs are only a few hundred million each.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I forgot the Goon of today is a multi billionaire by month 1.8.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

vigorous sodomy posted:

No seriously dude a Dread Guristas ECM Multispectral Jammer is like 10m isk. On a hull that costs ~170m that's not a significant investment.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
What the gently caress this is not the EVE I grew up with

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Have you even played the game in the past 12 months?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

vigorous sodomy posted:

What the gently caress this is not the EVE I grew up with

Yes it's really terrible we're not mining loving zydrine in syndicate anymore.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

ChickenWing posted:

The comms quality of theta is highly variable. Some days you have a bunch of chill dudes shooting the poo poo while ratting. Some days you have the World Championships of Sperg, MC'ed by Sperg Spergson, the current gold medal holder in the Spergathalon.

The poultry speaks the truth. Late USTZ has the chillest people. EUTZ, while less chill, is consistently less spergy.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Does anyone have experience roaming around the different FW areas? Ive been spending a lot of time lately in black rise and placid and it seems like the amount of stabbed/cloaked dudes has been increasing. Is it worth setting up shop in another FW region for a bit or is it just a "grass is always greener" sort of thing.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Blackbirds are fine for FYF and have an official fit:

code:
[Blackbird, FU Fleet]
Damage Control II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Signal Distortion Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Halting Phase Inversion ECM I
CZ-4 Concussive Spatial Destabilizer ECM
CZ-4 Concussive Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Halting Phase Inversion ECM I

Cynosural Field Generator I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I
Salvager I

Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I
Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I
Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor I

Hornet EC-300 x2

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

TCD posted:

Have you even played the game in the past 12 months?

No. 2011 was my last log in.

padijun posted:

Yes it's really terrible we're not mining loving zydrine in syndicate anymore.

Now goons are salvaging wrecks in Deklein. A vast improvement.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Tsed posted:

Blackbirds are fine for FYF and have an official fit:

The last time someone called for FYF being?

But regardless they're fine on any non-interceptor gang.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Apart from last week, right?

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 29, 2014

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

So I just trained up inty's. The crow and the malediction. What am I looking for to actually kill as an inty, and how do I avoid dying?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Krataar posted:

So I just trained up inty's. The crow and the malediction. What am I looking for to actually kill as an inty, and how do I avoid dying?

Granted, it's been a while, but inties are good at killing other frigate class ships. Anything else you just hold a point until someone with bigger guns shows up and takes over.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

vigorous sodomy posted:

Considering it pays out about 10 times as much, yep.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

In large fleets the Celestis is superior in every way and in small gangs people mostly trust that you can figure out a fit for yourself.

Something like

code:
[Blackbird, Small Gang]
Damage Control II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
'Umbra' White Noise ECM

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
is probably fine. You can drop whichever jammer you think will be least useful (probably Amarr) for another shield extender or swap out the rigs for more jam strength, you're still going to be made of paper either way though. High slots are whatever you want.
Cool.

I've got a hull in I30, I'll see if I can get it looking like an actual fit.

Ty sir.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Krataar posted:

Fit light missile launchers and orbit at the edge of your warp disruptor radius. You will be able to kill anything that has a resist hole in their tank. This is why so many ishtars and VNIs die to interceptors in deklein; most ratting fits have an EM hole that maledictions can abuse. You might be able to kill sansha ratters with explosive missiles in Providence/Catch, but Angel/Drone ratters are omnitanked.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

vigorous sodomy posted:

Granted, it's been a while, but inties are good at killing other frigate class ships.

Spoken like a man who's never flown a Taranis.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21386742
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21441753
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21038196
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21371251
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20063314

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I mean the guy hasn't played since 2011 and is still whining about salvaging. :colbert:

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

causticBeet posted:

Does anyone have experience roaming around the different FW areas? Ive been spending a lot of time lately in black rise and placid and it seems like the amount of stabbed/cloaked dudes has been increasing. Is it worth setting up shop in another FW region for a bit or is it just a "grass is always greener" sort of thing.

I've got lots of experience around the amarr/min warzone, and some in cal/gal. Seems like the amarr warzone has less cloaky/stabbed LP farmers in general, although there still are some obviously. I feel like there are more roaming cruiser gangs around the amarr warzone as well - both FW entities as well as shadow cartel and PL are very active in the area. Might be worth checking it out.

Egghelende (where J4LP bases from) is a great staging point with a decent market and only 4 jumps from dodixie. I haul my own stuff in from Dodi in a T1 hauler - its very easy and safe with high sec all the way from Dodi to Egg. It is a bit farther away from most CFC squad staging areas than the cal/gal warzone however. It's a great central system for the whole warzone, and you can always get solo or gang fights within 4-5 jumps. Amarr isn't the best for LP farming right now, but its definitely the best place for FW fights in my experience

Fix Lag posted:

I feel like the fact that ECM cannot really be countered through smart piloting gives merit to it's recent nerfing. You get jammed, and you might as well go take a piss cuz you can't do poo poo for 12 seconds. At least with damps and TD's you can counter them somewhat by getting up close/keeping at range.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

vigorous sodomy posted:

We actually make the wrecks to salvage sometimes.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

vigorous sodomy posted:

So far I'm just sitting in .4 sec training racial frigate V with nothing to do, trying to figure out how to use the D scan to find low sec missioners/ratters.

You will need combat probes to do that, unless you are hunting FW players (the FW plexes and missions appear in the overview).

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Amberskin posted:

You will need combat probes to do that, unless you are hunting FW players (the FW plexes and missions appear in the overview).

Combat probes are kind of easy to spot on dscan as well. Hunting mission runners tends to be boring unless you find the careless few...

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Fix Lag posted:

Game Design didn't kill ECM, Coalitions did.

ECM still works fine in fights involving less than 50 people.

Fix Lag posted:

You can drop whichever jammer you think will be least useful (probably Amarr) for another shield extender or swap out the rigs for more jam strength, you're still going to be made of paper either way though. High slots are whatever you want.

You should also never fit minmatar jams whenever possible, 97% of the time you can jam them with great consistency with even off-racial jammers.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 29, 2014

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
When it comes down to it, the major differences between Sigma and Theta are the fact that one squad is filled with posting accidents, people who haven't been subscribed since the first Syndicate, and bans for three years as well as weedchat, the other is filled with min-maxing mega jews who tend to poopsock the game and occasionally gently caress goons.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Xolve posted:

You should also never fit minmatar jams whenever possible, 97% of the time you can jam them with great consistency with even off-racial jammers.

I thought it was Amarr and their racial trait of lowest sensor strength?

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Xolve posted:

Which is funny because RADAR should be really simple to jam, but LADAR is almost perfect for space combat in theory.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Angry Fish posted:

Which is funny because RADAR should be really simple to jam, but LADAR is almost perfect for space combat in theory.

Did you know that the fins that look like solar panels on minmatar ships are LADAR fins :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

thehacker0 posted:

I've got lots of experience around the amarr/min warzone, and some in cal/gal. Seems like the amarr warzone has less cloaky/stabbed LP farmers in general, although there still are some obviously. I feel like there are more roaming cruiser gangs around the amarr warzone as well - both FW entities as well as shadow cartel and PL are very active in the area. Might be worth checking it out.

Egghelende (where J4LP bases from) is a great staging point with a decent market and only 4 jumps from dodixie. I haul my own stuff in from Dodi in a T1 hauler - its very easy and safe with high sec all the way from Dodi to Egg. It is a bit farther away from most CFC squad staging areas than the cal/gal warzone however. It's a great central system for the whole warzone, and you can always get solo or gang fights within 4-5 jumps. Amarr isn't the best for LP farming right now, but its definitely the best place for FW fights in my experience.

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. Cruiser gangs are generally easy enough to avoid. I usually fly with an empty pod so I'll have to pod down there sometime soon. I suppose I should try more brawl ish stuff too - it feels like whenever I take something kitey down there everything is either ab scram fit and I have no idea how to deal with warping in to a plex at their optimal against something like that, or it's a stabbed farmer.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 29, 2014

• Locked thread