Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Join the Dragonbros. Same thing but no gank squads.

I'm in NG+ so I'd need to do the whole thing back to dragon shrine unfortunately, and don't feel like doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Cardboard Box posted:

tbh I think this game kinds wears out it's welcome at a point. I was really losing interest around the time I got to Brightstone Cove Tseldora. but that probably has to do with that being the worst area in the game and not feeling much sense of purpose with what I was doing.

I thought everyone agreed it was Black Gulch. That place is tedious and the statues don't even give me souls.

Daynab posted:

I'm in NG+ so I'd need to do the whole thing back to dragon shrine unfortunately, and don't feel like doing that.

Then you can summon your opponents. I did that for awhile for some hilarious duels. Edit: I Chameleon and fool around a lot.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Jamfrost posted:

I thought everyone agreed it was Black Gulch. That place is tedious and the statues don't even give me souls.

You can hardly call the place "tedious" when it can be ran through in less than a minute.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

HellCopter posted:

You can hardly call the place "tedious" when it can be ran through in less than a minute.

I tried doing that once. I ended up being facehugged so I just play it careful every time.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Over and over and over again

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Both the Gutter and Black Gulch are great because the first time you go through them, they're long slogs through poison statues and a bunch of other bullshit, then when you start just trying to get past the area to fight the boss you can blast through the entire branch in about 5 minutes to get to the last bonfire before the boss.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Some people are really weirdly serious about their need to dick other people over in PvP.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Some people are really weirdly serious about their need to dick other people over in PvP.

If losing a level for dying to the environment (I think that's what it was) was still in from Demon's Souls, the seed of a tree of giants would be so much better for dicking people over.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

"A barrel that will accept your souls."

Sounds like a DS2 religion. It died for your souls.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Fixed that for you. A frighteningly large amount of people playing video games have a this urge to make sure other people have as little fun as possible, and take great pleasure in making it so.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunbroíng at the Medusa boss is a ton of fun. Powerstance with 2 clubs and her guard breaks all the drat time so people can just hammer her into the ground. :3:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Can somebody explain the difference between the Way of the Blue and Blue Sentinels? I have read both descriptions on a DS2 wiki but I can't figure out how they're different aside from actually being two separate covenants.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Can somebody explain the difference between the Way of the Blue and Blue Sentinels? I have read both descriptions on a DS2 wiki but I can't figure out how they're different aside from actually being two separate covenants.

Way of Blue summon Blue Sentinels to protect them from invaders.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Inspector_666 posted:

Sentinels wear a ring to intervene when a way of blue gets invaded.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Way of Blue is the covenant to join if you want to be protected, and Blue Sentinels is the covenant to join if you want to be the protector, as well as use Blue Orbs to invade sinners, or duel in the arena.

They're both terrible and the only covenant you should be joining is the Company of Champions :c00l:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The Way of the Blue is the newbie covenant. They automatically call Blue Sentinels for help when they themselves are invaded.

In addition, the Blue Sentinels can invade the worlds of sinners with cracked blue eye orbs.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Blue Sentinels is for people who love :911: JUSTICE :911:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ah, so they're related, that actually makes much more sense now.

Also Sunbros is the best covenant and I know it.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
If someone has all the Heide armour at 400k SM in NG they're probably hacking? I really hope they get around to implementing something for anti-cheat. Think of the money they'd make from people re-buying the game. I guess I haven't had too many terrible experiences, and I would like it if there were a lot more cracked red-eye orbs in NG myself, but just knowing that every pvp encounter could be a hacker makes it less fun.

Still I have 150 hours played so I can't really complain too much.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

oneof3steves posted:

If someone has all the Heide armour at 400k SM in NG they're probably hacking? I really hope they get around to implementing something for anti-cheat. Think of the money they'd make from people re-buying the game. I guess I haven't had too many terrible experiences, and I would like it if there were a lot more cracked red-eye orbs in NG myself, but just knowing that every pvp encounter could be a hacker makes it less fun.

Still I have 150 hours played so I can't really complain too much.

You can easily get the whole set early with ascetics. Even if they did cheat it in who cares, it's just an armor set. Unless it's something like fully upgraded Havel's or Smelter's it's not gonna make much of a difference.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Daynab posted:

This doesn't help you now, but if you keep your NG petrified egg you can give it to Megerold in NG+ as soon as you get to Iron Keep.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Ah, so they're related, that actually makes much more sense now.

Also Sunbros is the best covenant and I know it.

I used to think this. Then I realized Sunbros are just mercenary scum, protecting SINNERS! That makes them just as horrible as if they'd committed the sins themselves! Everyone is a sinner, everyone must burn!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I used to think this. Then I realized Sunbros are just mercenary scum, protecting SINNERS! That makes them just as horrible as if they'd committed the sins themselves. Everyone is a sinner, everyone must burn.

Are you the one doing the Ultramarine character? :v:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Fixed that for you. A frighteningly large amount of people playing video games have a this urge to make sure other people have as little fun as possible, and take great pleasure in making it so.

I really hate that mentality :( I just want everyone to have fun together. even invasions can be fun if the other player isn't hacking or cheesing as hard as possible

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Are you the one doing the Ultramarine character?

Nah I'm just a Syan's Knight cosplayer with a Burger King Greatsword who loves justice.

I wish I'd thought to cosplay a spess mehrine but Syan's armor is so classy.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Kaldaris posted:

Rat Covenant is one of the most creative and one of the least disruptive. Even if you don't like PvP it's fun, because there's nothing at stake to be lost from being summoned by one.

I don't know I find it a somewhat lovely experience when its the host+NPCs gangbanging you off the bat. Nothing may of been at stake but such a one-sided encounter makes for a lovely experience.

It'd be better if the ratman did less damage and were more reliant on traps/NPCs.

Internet Kraken posted:

If From didn't consider PvP to be an important part of the game then the effigy burning system wouldn't have been added.

Could also be said if From wanted PvP to matter in NG they wouldn't of only made NPCs sell orbs for it in NG+.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 29, 2014

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

I wish I'd thought to cosplay a spess mehrine but Syan's armor is so classy.

Got the set farming for the halberd. It's good as hell.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp

Genocyber posted:

You can easily get the whole set early with ascetics. Even if they did cheat it in who cares, it's just an armor set. Unless it's something like fully upgraded Havel's or Smelter's it's not gonna make much of a difference.

Yeah the armour didn't bug me... it was the stats that were more annoying.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
So there are a few hackers doing Fight Clubs on the iron keep bridge. Basically, the balcony area of the bridge is cordoned off by prism stones, they'll summon in reds who fight to the death for their amusement. I've even gotten a petrified dragon bone from one guy called Ned Stark or something for winning 3 in a row.

Just... don't disrupt things, because they have Wrath of God that does enough damage to one hit you. I mean enough to damage to take me out with 350 lightning resist and 2.3k HP.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blue Sentinels is for people who love :911: JUSTICE :911:

Blue Boys are just cowards that want to kill people without getting invaded in return :colbert:

VVV Sinner? I'm no sinner. I'm a wretch :smug:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 29, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Blue Boys are just cowards that want to kill people without getting invaded in return :colbert:

Problem, SINNER? :shepface:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

So there are a few hackers doing Fight Clubs on the iron keep bridge. Basically, the balcony area of the bridge is cordoned off by prism stones, they'll summon in reds who fight to the death for their amusement. I've even gotten a petrified dragon bone from one guy called Ned Stark or something for winning 3 in a row.

Just... don't disrupt things, because they have Wrath of God that does enough damage to one hit you. I mean enough to damage to take me out with 350 lightning resist and 2.3k HP.

I haven't seen any fight clubs where the host is hacking, that I'm aware of. I guess if they are they got tired of getting backstabbed by summoned reds.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hey Tallgeese can we get a clearer pic of that barrel?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cryohazard posted:

Aside from the fact that they're giving away a rare item for wins, it doesn't sound like they're hacking. Wog just does that much damage.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bluecops are a good covenant to be in if you're bad at pvp and enjoy dying ineffectually

I have a higher win rate against way of the blue members who summon bluecops than I do against normal hosts. Most of them are not good.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Thumbtacks posted:

Hey Tallgeese can we get a clearer pic of that barrel?

Will this do? What do you need it for anyhow?

Tallgeese posted:

Huh. Turns out it can be equipped with a bit of fiddling.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Tetracube posted:

Bluecops are a good covenant to be in if you're bad at pvp and enjoy dying ineffectually

I have a higher win rate against way of the blue members who summon bluecops than I do against normal hosts. Most of them are not good.
That might be why they're in that covenant, because they know they're bad at PvP and would like help if ever invaded.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Tetracube posted:

Well duh. We wouldn't be in that covenant if we were any good at defending ourselves. :shobon:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The summoned bluecops, I mean. All the ones I've fought have been worse than their way of the blue hosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Will this do? What do you need it for anyhow?

Just curious. That looks hilarious.