Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doppelganger

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I live in New Orleans, so there's no local team. I've got it narrowed down to either the Astros, the Brewers, the Blue Jays, or the White Sox unless someone can give me a compelling argument. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
why watch baseball when you can marvel at the athletic feats of super smashed brothers electronic sports

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
I've been following the Brewers so there's my vote

mechacop

Add me on SNES Live
I watched a Jays game once. They're Canadian and they all have p good butts

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

SAAWWWWXX!!!

poverty goat

if you want to get a good nap why not just watch golf

Macasaurus

lots of things wrong with this post

wanting to do something other than watch LSU

wanting to watch baseball

considering cheering for a baseball team from a communist country

Flynn Taggart

Wake me when they turn it into blurnsball

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

baseball is a good sport

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Awesome! posted:

baseball is a good sport

this but unironically

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
baseball is stupid, and also homo. You should watch soccer instead.

Doppelganger

Macasaurus posted:

lots of things wrong with this post

wanting to do something other than watch LSU

wanting to watch baseball

considering cheering for a baseball team from a communist country
I'm not from Louisiana, so my opinion of the Tigers is polite indifference.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Doppelganger posted:

I'm not from Louisiana, so my opinion of the Tigers is polite indifference.

As someone from Louisiana, I share this opinion. As someone who has lived in Florida for 10 years now, I also do not give a poo poo about FSU.

Pinche Rudo

Oakland Athletics. We're a scrappy team, but we're really good right now although not a favorite to win the World Series. We haven't won anything in 25 years so you aren't really a bandwagon jumper. We have amazingly passionate fans, a lovely stadium, and a pretty good front office (Kinda like the Saints!). We've got a pretty cool history and great hall of famers. We don't have a huge national fanbase so that'd make you pretty unique.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Colonel Wood posted:

Oakland Athletics. We're a scrappy team, but we're really good right now but not a favorite to win the World Series. We haven't won anything in 25 years so you aren't really a bandwagon jumper. We have amazingly passionate fans, a lovely stadium, and a pretty good front office (Kinda like the Saints!). We've got a pretty cool history and great hall of famers.

oh man, you just made me realize how many new Arsenal "fans" there's gonna be when the EPL starts up again :smith:

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Eck is the man

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Azurrat posted:

oh man, you just made me realize how many new Arsenal "fans" there's gonna be when the EPL starts up again :smith:

lol soccer

Savage For The Winjun

root for the astros cuz they are seriously gonna be like the worst team in baseball for the next 5 years it will be cool when they have a good season finally

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Awesome! posted:

lol soccer

go watch a copy of the FA Cup final and tell me what you think. That was probably the best sports match I've seen in my life :colbert:

also lol you knew what I was talking about :smug:

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Azurrat posted:

go watch a copy of the FA Cup final and tell me what you think. That was probably the best sports match I've seen in my life :colbert:

also lol you knew what I was talking about :smug:
I think I did actually watch that since nothing else was on tv at the time. clearly it was so good I will remember it forever

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Awesome! posted:

I think I did actually watch that since nothing else was on tv at the time. clearly it was so good I will remember it forever

Foxsoccer2go's stream crapped out RIGHT as Ramsey scored the winning goal. I had never been infuriated by sports before, but god drat did that have me cussing up a storm.

Doppelganger

Azurrat posted:

As someone from Louisiana, I share this opinion. As someone who has lived in Florida for 10 years now, I also do not give a poo poo about FSU.
I lived in Florida during Tebowmania. Gator fans buy into their own hype more than any fanbase I've ever seen.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Doppelganger posted:

I lived in Florida during Tebowmania. Gator fans buy into their own hype more than any fanbase I've ever seen.

I managed to avoid finding out who that is until a few months ago. Florida is a terrible, terrible place.

BoothsBeard
You should root for Christ.

Thank you and God Bless.

Silly Ray Cyrus

Forget it
I don't drink, so baseball is kind of the most boring.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Piss Bart posted:

Flynn Taggart

Piss Bart posted:

The sport is boring but the movies rule

I mean if it weren't for baseball movies we wouldn't have rookie of the year or major league

Doppelganger

Flynn Taggart posted:

The sport is boring but the movies rule

I mean if it weren't for baseball movies we wouldn't have rookie of the year or major league
I was disappointed that "funky butt-loving" never caught on as a popular expletive.

Flynn Taggart

Doppelganger posted:

I was disappointed that "funky butt-loving" never caught on as a popular expletive.

I use it sometimes

nvm no cake

baseball sucks and is boring to watch

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

The Green Calx posted:

baseball sucks and is boring to watch

I went to an actual baseball game once. It was just as boring as watching it on TV, only I couldn't change the channel. Me and a friend ended up smoking weed behind a dumpster instead of watching a bunch of grown men stand around tugging at their junk

poverty goat

football and baseball are big in america because the ball isnt even moving 90% of the time so you can just stick commercials wherever

this is why soccer will never get big here, because there's no room for commercials when you can go a whole quarter nonstop without scoring

Mac Tonight

aw yeah tahts it man
the Jays are hot right now. that's a p good choice. they're the official baseball team of the blue forum

Pinche Rudo

A's have hall of famers with the best facial hair, bar none.

The Eck

Rollie Fingers

Also our throwback jerseys are awesome

Reset Button

pick whichever team has the best butts n root for them imo
that's how i choose my teams

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

I will watch most sports (even soccer) but I think my favorite is actually hockey. Tons of action and consistently the best final minute in sports.

ron color

Twilight Matrix posted:

root for the astros cuz they are seriously gonna be like the worst team in baseball for the next 5 years it will be cool when they have a good season finally

how about ha you root for the roayals....snrk even though houston just blew us up at...haha at home so..go royals aahahahahahahahaha

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

BoothsBeard posted:

You should root for Christ.

Thank you and God Bless.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

gggiiimmmppp posted:

football and baseball are big in america because the ball isnt even moving 90% of the time so you can just stick commercials wherever

this is why soccer will never get big here, because there's no room for commercials when you can go a whole quarter nonstop without scoring

educating people on why america doesn't like soccer, while not realizing that soccer is played in halves instead of quarters :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

Azurrat posted:

educating people on why america doesn't like soccer, while not realizing that soccer is played in halves instead of quarters :v:

i played soccer back in the day and we had quarters :colbert:

• Locked thread