Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Haha jesus I am comically bad at tailing people, and the pool of players it'll connect me to is apparently incredibly small so I keep getting the same players multiple times in a row. I bet it's really weird on their end that I keep basically running up and handing them notoriety points.

Fun game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

coyo7e posted:

He has his hand encircling over half of her neck, with his thumb over her adam's apple.

Please don't ever tell me what you feel would be offensive behavior if you think that's totally cool to do to strange women in alleyways.

Stop making this about her as if she is some random damsel. Her gender shouldn't come into play. And she wasn't a "stranger" to him, she was claiming to be someone he has been working with for a long time. You're right, if she was just someone off the street, I'd agree that's weird, but he's testing someone he knows, someone he has been in contact with for a long time, and its clear she knew their meet up would be tense.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Oh boy, the Privacy Invasion where you overhear a stage 2 cancer patient and his wife :qq:

That's weird I got a different one where there was old guy that said 'cancer in remission' dead on the floor with his son trying to call him and I didn't understand why they did that. Aiden didn't call the cops or an ambulance or anything or alert anyone about it.

So now I hate Aiden.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Spiky Ooze posted:

That's weird I got a different one where there was old guy that said 'cancer in remission' dead on the floor with his son trying to call him and I didn't understand why they did that. Aiden didn't call the cops or an ambulance or anything or alert anyone about it.

So now I hate Aiden.

This happened to me. I listened to the voicemail about his grandchilden buying him gifts and I just felt bad.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hey guys, don't want to start a debate really, but is this worth a purchase? My friend said "It's like GTA except not and a lovely moral system that doesn't help with no coast guard." He was pretty stoned when he texted it to me but I want more views than just that. Thanks :)

Nah not really. It's something like AssCreed or Just Cause where the first game is a mess, but there's a fair chance since they'll franchise the hell out of this that it gets way better thanks to early buyers.

Spiky Ooze fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 30, 2014

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
What do you need to do to have bars and drinking games appear on the map? I was able to access one early on, but I've tried looking for another several times and they've just vanished.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

VarXX posted:

You can't on PS3 or 360.

How do you do it on the Xbox one?

Anyone tried the digital trips yet? I did the spider tank one and it was pretty fun.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Chappy posted:

How do you do it on the Xbox one?

Anyone tried the digital trips yet? I did the spider tank one and it was pretty fun.

Left on the Dpad.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?

Spiky Ooze posted:

That's weird I got a different one where there was

They're two different privacy invasions.

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012
Maybe I'm dumb or blind but is there any way to manually save/load games so I can back up my progress instead of relying only on autosaves?

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

coyo7e posted:

Ditto. I didn't do Hacks for a long time but Tailed seems to have a chance to stop progressing the meter, and I've literally never seen the bar stop moving toward 100% when someone's in my game. I'm confused because I did a ton of tails and if they start running with a decent start, you're just entirely boned, and I've even driven a boat out into the water with nobody around for 100-200 yards, without affecting my bar steadily filling until I lost (if I didn't find and kill them).

I've definitely never been aware of any timer for them to fail, which I see as soon as I spawn into Tail games.

If you're being tailed you don't see a meter at all, if you get a message that you've been invaded and see a meter filling up the only way to stop it is to find the player in the area marked on the map.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Spiky Ooze posted:

So now I hate Aiden.

There seems to be a lot of that going on

Hey Aiden, wow, that is clear footage on those human trafficking victims that disappeared a couple years ago. Gonna anonymously tell the police or someth- oh we're just moving on. Okay.

Dick.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

There seems to be a lot of that going on

Hey Aiden, wow, that is clear footage on those human trafficking victims that disappeared a couple years ago. Gonna anonymously tell the police or someth- oh we're just moving on. Okay.

Dick.

Those charity workers aren't going to steal from themselves.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Remf posted:

If you're being tailed you don't see a meter at all, if you get a message that you've been invaded and see a meter filling up the only way to stop it is to find the player in the area marked on the map.

Okay just now for instance, I was trying to get into a ctOS tower and got a message (complete with tutorial popup about Hacking invasions, since I restarted) and my meter began going up instantly.

I was given a marker to the invader - who was no less than 300 meters away from me..? How the gently caress do I get it to give me 300 meters of distance from my target when I invade someone in ANY mode?

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Dammit, I'm here at work bored and want to dick around with the ctOS mobile app. Yet in 8 hours of trying I haven't managed to connect to a single other player.

I hope they unfuck their multiplayer poo poo sooner rather than later. The few times I've been invaded or invaded someone were pretty awesome.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Haha, that wasn't even fair. Started hacking someone and then glitched myself under the world.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Okay just now for instance, I was trying to get into a ctOS tower and got a message (complete with tutorial popup about Hacking invasions, since I restarted) and my meter began going up instantly.

I was given a marker to the invader - who was no less than 300 meters away from me..? How the gently caress do I get it to give me 300 meters of distance from my target when I invade someone in ANY mode?

There's a scripted invasion by an NPC that happens early in the campaign that puts them further away than a player can be.

EDIT: wait I just reread what you said and that is weird, I think you might be able to start a hack on a player through a camera, which would let you get a bit of distance.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Remf posted:

There's a scripted invasion by an NPC that happens early in the campaign that puts them further away than a player can be.

EDIT: wait I just reread what you said and that is weird, I think you might be able to start a hack on a player through a camera, which would let you get a bit of distance.

You can, I've done it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Remf posted:

No, I can totally tell when 2XTAP shows up. This was a player.

Just now I also got another one that I invaded to, he ran over 1100 meters from me in the first 10 seconds so it offered to fast-travel me to him.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

That's kind of nice. I'd just been assuming that if I wanted to cheese invaders out of their sweet points I'd just hang out near a sports car on the highway until someone joined, then book it. More anecdotal stuff - is it just me, or do you spawn into an invasion on foot if the target is on foot, and in a (faster?) car if the target is in a car? That pattern has held for me so far.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
I bought AC1 and I wasn't happy. Especially with all the social stealth badass rooftop assassin gameplay that was promised. AC2 was a huge improvement in so many areas. But WD does not feel as backwards and as empty as AC1 was with its "social stealth" = sit on a bench.

There is room for improvement. I am sucker for music and audio and I think both can be improved in this series. Controls and handling would be second. I'm actually digging this game quite a bit. There needs to be maybe a 2v2 online hacking mode :getin:

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Reztes posted:

That's kind of nice. I'd just been assuming that if I wanted to cheese invaders out of their sweet points I'd just hang out near a sports car on the highway until someone joined, then book it. More anecdotal stuff - is it just me, or do you spawn into an invasion on foot if the target is on foot, and in a (faster?) car if the target is in a car? That pattern has held for me so far.

See I'm confused because when I invade I spawn a bit away and have to look for them before I can start the hacking. Generally yes if they're on foot I am too but when they spawn in my game the second I get the notification the bar has already started.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Imma be fresh as hell if the feds watching.

gently caress you Watch Dogs for getting that song stuck in my head all day. But I guess it does go with the theme of the game and its got a catchy beat.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Racing is really fun. lovely rewards though - 100 EXP and $2000 for getting to the 9/10th checkpoint before being blown up, and then finishing in another 10 seconds? :( I was hoping it was more worthwhile since it's a lot more stressful than tailing/hacking.

Elucidarius posted:

See I'm confused because when I invade I spawn a bit away and have to look for them before I can start the hacking. Generally yes if they're on foot I am too but when they spawn in my game the second I get the notification the bar has already started.
I think that it depends on the game mode.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I tried searching the thread but the function seems down. Googl is failing me... Is Multiplayer Free Roam working? Are Ubisoft's servers still hosed? I'm trying to play with a friend and we always get "Game session no longer available". We tried forwarding all the ports we could find, disabling the firewalls, etc...

I tried skimming the last few pages but I missed any discussions about this or there were none.

Any ideas?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I still feel like Aiden being hailed as a vigilante is a total mistake because I don't exactly feel like one, maybe a psychopath or a murderer or a peeping tom or a thief or just your regular rear end in a top hat.

I found Aisha Tyler in a building. I shot her in the head.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Like half of the times I've tailed someone, they instantly act like they know something's up. But I've never discovered being tailed myself. Weird.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It's odd that when you start a ctOS challenge Aiden looks at his phone and mutters "What is this...some kind of digital file?" as if Mr. Phone_Hack_Wizard is suddenly a grandma.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Nice, I just did a tail mission. Guy didn't know what was up until he tried to activate the CTos tower he was going for and I was able to start my observation. He freaked out, fired a gun, caused a blackout while I played ring around the rosey with a trailer as the cops chased him down. Best part: After winning, I saw that I needed that CTos tower as well. Turns out, it was wide open since he had already done the work. I just had to walk up and hit Y!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

So I've been hearing a lot of conflicting reports about this game. Most of my friends agree that the promo videos were really misleading about what you could do but one yahoo won't shut up about how "totally loving rad Aww man woo!" It is.

I can't shell out 50 clams on a game that is an anemic cyberpunk GTA wannabe despite how much I like the premise.

If are a fan of the genre, and the notion of infiltrating other people's games or moving through a world full of things you can press square to explode/lift/etc excites you, and you can handle the fact that your main character is more of a creepy uncle than Zero Cool, then it's totally worth it.

It's not as fancy as GTA, and both the combat and driving are somewhat punishing, but I like it, as for combat it encourages stealth, and the car chases I've been in have been much more epic with high speed turns having much strong consequences.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Hemish posted:

I tried searching the thread but the function seems down. Googl is failing me... Is Multiplayer Free Roam working? Are Ubisoft's servers still hosed? I'm trying to play with a friend and we always get "Game session no longer available". We tried forwarding all the ports we could find, disabling the firewalls, etc...

I tried skimming the last few pages but I missed any discussions about this or there were none.

Any ideas?

I've gotten it to work exactly once just by brute forcing it. Don't really know what's going on with that.

e: The one time I got it to work was pure magic though. All open world games should have this mode.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

coyo7e posted:

He has his hand encircling over half of her neck, with his thumb over her adam's apple.

Please don't ever tell me what you feel would be offensive behavior if you think that's totally cool to do to strange women in alleyways.

I don't even know what you two are arguing about anymore. You both agree it is a badly written scene, but Coyo7e is extra angry because...?

I mean it is a cliche at this point in noir for first meet to be macho size up. Putting screws on people helping you to show the audience that person is hard if you don't want the bother of antagonist or outside obstacles to clutter up the scene. Other poster even provided referances in other media doing the exact same thing. Perfectly in character of GrimSperg Batman to do it by the Wiki Howto Book of ~social engineering~ . Quabec Dragon Tattoo proves her worth by quoting the internet article he got that from. Nothing in this scene screams mysogyny or women hating.

I mean, if you want the French Lady Autist to mace and ball kick Aiden as your head cannon, go ahead, but stop being so angry bro.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm getting exciting new error messages for why the multiplayer does not work for me, though. Earlier today it said "Ubisoft Servers not available", while in the smartphone menu which was nice. Later it instantly told me to "Check my NAT type." when asking for targets. The latter is apparently now showing up for other people as well. (And for the record, I played with PPoE which works against NAT bitching in any other NAT bitching game.)

I guess they're trying stuff serverside at least.

Edit: Also Realistic trip report, the end of Dressed in Peels is even more ridiculous bullshit.

Randler fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 30, 2014

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

Elucidarius posted:

The invasion warning only goes off once the hack has started, when you invade somebody you get the five minutes to set up without them knowing about it unless they spot you. When you get invaded, by the time you get the notification they've already been sneaking around in your game for a few minutes.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

If you aren't getting in a car and honking the horn while doing a burnout for the last 5% of an online hack, then you ain't living.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Is anybody having hellish connection issues on the Android app? Figured it would be fun to race around the city while others in the house try to stop me, but I haven't been able to connect to anybody at all.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh yeah that'd be tough. Mine had a bunch of cars but I only had to get the one guy, so I could just focus on taking him out with my car. With two guys, yeah, you'd have to intercept the convoy, and that is harder.

Traffic Lights and IEDs.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Okay I burned out on GTA-clones 10 years ago. Couldn't force myself to get through San Andreas let alone Sleeping Dogs despite really wanting to like that game. I'm about 9 hours in and this game is loving awesome. Maybe it's because I didn't watch a ton of preview trailers but I wasn't expecting the game to be so heavy on the Splinter Cell, noted Good Game Series. Driving around and escaping the police is actually fun for the first time in forever because of hacking + vehicle takedowns. The main story doesn't feel like it's been padded out with endless filler - gently caress there hasn't even been a single pointless human fetch quest mission so far, it's incredible.

Game reviewers continue to be terrible at their job.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished the game. That story was consistently terrible all the way through to the end. And the final mission wasn't satisfying in the least. The part before the very end where you have to plant the virus in CTOS in 3 different locations while the system was going haywire seemed like it should've been cool but it was really just annoying as hell instead. And then the final "boss" is just you pressing a button and shooting a guy in slow-mo and then Aiden narrating that poo poo's over now? Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

The game definitely had a few incredible setpieces, like the projects, the night club and T-Bone's hideout with all the traps, and it certainly picked up gameplay-wise after a pretty awful first impression, but ultimately I don't feel like it's a game I'll ever want to play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Boy the "plot" in this is balls out retarded and I'm only in Act 2. So White Soul Patch Guy was apparently my previous hacking mentor / partner (I'd forgotten his whopping 30 second cameo in the game's intro) when our score went bad. Now, in order to convince me to work with him to find out who betrayed us, he...betrays me and takes my family hostage? All to convince me to read some hard drive he found, despite the fact he taught me everything I know and thus shouldn't need me for this?

I still haven't seen the ridiculous looking goth chick for more than 90 total seconds and haven't met the idiot with goggles on his hat so I'm sure this will only get better from here!

• Locked thread