Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

Okay, how do you actually use the randomizer? The readmes and stuff don't seem to have a simple step-by-step guide.

EDIT: oh, nevermind, it was in the second post of the thread.

Think I'll need help solving this, though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Clerics have a higher base mag/str than Lyn's real class. I don't know how to feel about that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

One of the commands is 'nhl' or 'no healer lords.'

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Endorph posted:

Just started, and I also got cleric Lyn.

This is gonna be a ride.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Just started, and I also got cleric Lyn.

This is gonna be a ride.
You won't even be able to get past the first map with her as a cleric, you'll have to re-random or start in Eliwood or Hector's mode.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

This is going to get interesting. :allears:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

You won't even be able to get past the first map with her as a cleric, you'll have to re-random or start in Eliwood or Hector's mode.

Indeed. Did that. Now I have mage Lyn who is so beyond pathetic.

Also:

Sain is very, very good as a wyvern rider but God drat is he ugly. Fortunately there's no animation for when he uses swords.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

P-power... up?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
New friend!

He's kinda like Isadora, but overall better and with more Constitution.

Edit: But with a lower rank in Bows and no Axes or Lances.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

So, I need Wil to have a ranged attack and Florina to be a flier to not crash on Chapter 3.

gently caress me.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

So, I need Wil to have a ranged attack and Florina to be a flier to not crash on Chapter 3.

gently caress me.

Try skipping the cutscene?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The tutorial forces you to move Wil to shoot at a guy behind a wall and then have Florina fly over the wall and hit him. Any way around this :shrug:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Does it? It didn't do that for me. Maybe I broke the tutorial scripts at some point?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The tutorial forces you to move Wil to shoot at a guy behind a wall and then have Florina fly over the wall and hit him. Any way around this :shrug:

Lyn hard mode is still easy, but disables all the tutorials. Useful for if you want to actually use that knight crest wallace comes with properly.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

That's why the randomizer includes a save. Lyn's hard mode doesn't have tutorials.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I won't make a post every time I get a new guy, but I'll do another post as I approach the end game. Probably sometime tomorrow. For now, here's the Lyn Mode crew.

I wish her HP and Strength were higher, but Lyn's turend into a decent brigand. She has good prospects.

Kent is thoroughly mediocre, but he flies.

I've always liked Sue in FE6. Florina is now essentially Sue. Works for me.

Wil was my only sword user for the vast majority of Lyn Mode, so he got some use. Sadly, his strength has kind of tanked.

Erk actually looks pretty good. He even has decent CON.

Serra is to Lyn as Gonzales is to Geese. Unfortunately, one of them is a lord, so Serra won't be getting much play.

He's like Wil, only slightly higher leveled and will rejoin way too late to be of any use. Pass.

He hates the very concept of speed. Which is a shame, because his strength and defense would otherwise make him usable.

Lucius is pretty drat good. Barring any other surprise mages, he'll be my pick for Sage.

Dorcas is relegated to the bench for the crime of being boring.

Matthew is completely outshone by Lucius, though he'll probably get some use at the start of Hector's mode.

Hilariously, he'd probably be a better knight than Sain, but his growths and his availability screw him over. Pass.

His stats are actually pretty good (and as you can see I used him a decent bit just because the last map of Lyn mode is a slog), but I already have Lucius. I'll grab Geitz instead.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Power kinda up. That's the whole main crew promoted! Woooooo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I've got two new tentative friends.

I say "tentative" because I'm paralyzed into horror by this nightmare. What nightmare, you might ask?

Why would you do that. This map already looks terrifying, Jaffar! Was that really necessary?!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Holy poo poo that Jaffar is loving incredible. Nothing is even gonna hit him. You have to get Jaffar to talk to Nino to recruit him, please do this. Don't waste this ridiculous monster.

Seriously, with nearly max speed nothing will hit him and with 18 defense and loving 25 res who cares even if they do? He probably won't run towards the enemies like normal with no weapons, too.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 30, 2014

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Good lord, the dude is a zero effort version of alfa's Nino. And if he's got a decent staff rank...
seriously though, with those defensive stats enemies won't touch him and that elixer should outlast them easily.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Jaffar performed a tricky morphing technique.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Jaffar performed a tricky morphing technique.

What even is this, what is wrong with your game?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Right, it's time to disable random items. I get poo poo like an iron axe that can attack from anywhere on the map but crashes the game as a result (especially when counterattacks), and other things like that.

The amount of actual game breaking things I get seems to be a bit too high.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Yeah you need to play it on Hard Mode or else it becomes exceedingly unlikely you'll get past the tutorial prompts. I think even in hard mode you might need to roll a thief at some point? The game gives you a free door key in the Rath/Matthew chapter but I think you need two of them so someone has to be able to pick locks.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nihilarian posted:

What even is this, what is wrong with your game?

Jaffar performed a tricky morphing technique!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Bartre's speed freaked out and now it's a 31 (because I resumed). I'm probably not going to use him because it's busted.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Priscilla and Sain's A Support made me sad. :(

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I always felt it was weird that wasn't a paired ending.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Another magic user that's better than Eliwood, ho hum.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Look, I know I've gotten a lot of great units lately, but let's be frank here.

Priscilla's STILL THE BEST, 1973.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Look, okay, this is a triple post, I don't give a poo poo. I just got to Chapter 28 and Eliwood's plot promotion.

Why in God's name are you a Monk again.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Priscilla and Erk are both Cavaliers with glitchy as hell animations.

They're also the two best units in my army right now, and I just got them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

alcharagia posted:

Look, okay, this is a triple post, I don't give a poo poo. I just got to Chapter 28 and Eliwood's plot promotion.

Why in God's name are you a Monk again.

Because Promoted classes have their in-data promotion set as the base classes, they just aren't assigned a promotion item. You promoted him normally, so when the plot promotion came around it just promoted him back to Monk.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

On the bright side, three promotion bonuses per lord might make them all pretty good by the end.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Manatee Cannon posted:

On the bright side, three promotion bonuses per lord might make them all pretty good by the end.

Well if you just don't promote him he'll promote normally at the scheduled. And yes, it's ridiculously easy to set up Tier-3 and beyond, the problem would remain with the games natural stat-cap being 30 (an overrun will reset stats)-

Actually, to explain to all the people who are like "Wow this guys *stat* just wrapped around to max" Yeah, the game isn't meant to handle non-existence stats, so when you hard-reload a chapter with said character after a recruitment, the game will just say "gently caress it" and wrap it around to the maximum amount. -

But yeah the other thing would be creating all those classes, the animations, etc. etc. Not at all impossible, just a lot of work, and god drat if you're going to go beyond Tier 2 your game better be loving long enough to merit it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So how's Tharja pronounced?

Thara? Tharya? Thar jah? etc.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Her japanese name was Saarja, if I'm not mistaken, so there's your answer I guess?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iceclaw posted:

Her japanese name was Saarja, if I'm not mistaken, so there's your answer I guess?

"Sa" is a transliteration of the "th" in Japanese, and the elongated a is an r sound.

In other words, it's pronounced exactly as it looks.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

He's good and all, but do I really care about a unit who comes in literally a chapter before the game ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, he could be a crappy Bishop with the same level and 12 in magic. :v: