Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Does that mean everybody went?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I believe everybody has completed, but I don't have all the scores, so we have to wait for John Cena to get back.

I'm not sure when that will be, so if you have places to be, don't wait up.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Probably when NXT Invasion is done.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We had a brief power outage here in my town, furthering my mass suspicions of the existing feud of John Cena vs Running Challenges On Time. Here's the final score output!!!

Nobody scored a 2048.

WinsonPaine scored with a nice 876!
Byers did respectable with 1020!
Propaganda Machine clearly tried with a score of 1428!
Give Windshipper a round of applause for his effort filled 2092!
Hey CapnAndy, you did swell with 2172!
IcePhoenix, you're a super player with 2204 points!!!

Good job guys. None of you won.

However, our top four scorers might have! How did Fast Luck, Bowmore, Majuju, and Dhaes do? Let's find out...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow top 4, noice

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Coming in fourth place, Dhaes did strongly with 3020 points! Amazing job, sir!

Fast Luck deserves credit for squeaking by him with 3032 points! Lucky indeed!

However, neither of you won. It comes down to Bowmore vs Majuju.

Majuju, you scored with 6080.

Bowmore, you put in a lot of work to achieve 4964! However, that's not enough to pull it off.

Majuju wins Individual Immunity!!!

Congratulations Majuju, you're safe from the next vote. Tribal Council will occur tomorrow night at 6:00PM. Another one of you going to the jury, another person losing their shot at winning this game. Minor note, I will leave the game link here. If anybody can score a 2048 and BEAT the flash game and send me a screenshot before the next challenge, you'll earn a little reward. Here's the game, folks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess knowing how to play the game was an advantage, nice work Majuju

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

bowmore posted:

I guess knowing how to play the game was an advantage, nice work Majuju

Threes is more difficult (I think) so I was well-prepared. WOOOO

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm a little confused, I got more than 2048 though?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

I'm a little confused, I got more than 2048 though?

2048 isn't the score, its the achieved combination in the game. You'll know when you've hit it since it'll be a big fat golden glowing piece.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Majuju posted:

Threes is more difficult (I think) so I was well-prepared. WOOOO
I understood the mechanics and to not merge downwards but I've never played it before so 10 minutes was a bit of a rushed learning curve

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
:munch: how the poo poo did you get 6k at that, wow. gj

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Figures Majuju would win given his experience, but that's still an amazing score. Guess I did pretty well for it being my first time. Really nice job by bowmore as well.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
What were the avatar / number combos? I think I got up to a Byers or whoever was after him

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

John Cena posted:

2048 isn't the score, its the achieved combination in the game. You'll know when you've hit it since it'll be a big fat golden glowing piece.

For further clarification, in the original game you're working towards 2048.

2 twos make a four, 2 fours make an eight, etc etc.

In this the numbers are replaced by avatars so the goal is to get to the final avatar and get this screen, which I guess I'll spoil if you don't want to know who the final one is (it's in the corner).

You need to get this to get the ~special reward~

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

HOLY gently caress VICTORY AT LAST

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the multiple AAAAAAAAAAAs really make it

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Yeah I am really glad it ended like that. I am also going to have Davos-related PTSD for the remainder of my life. I still see that face when I close my eyes.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Majuju posted:

HOLY gently caress VICTORY AT LAST

Jesus wept Maj, you are like the emperor of this game

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Jesus wept Maj, you are like the emperor of this game

A life well wasted.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Is there a council tonight? Did I miss a memo?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

John Cena posted:

Congratulations Majuju, you're safe from the next vote. Tribal Council will occur tomorrow night at 6:00PM. Another one of you going to the jury, another person losing their shot at winning this game.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Ok everyone, show up at 6:30. Don't forget. That's when council will start.

Questions will be posted at 7.

Voting will start at 7:30.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'll be here around 8.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Someone missed the joke.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 7

Bundlepile Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. We're now merged, and Tribal Council goes from being bad for the tribe, to now bad for you on an individual basis now that the game has come down to an every man for themselves type game.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting at 6:30 or when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (1:00 AM Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Dhaes, Bowmore, Fast Luck, you were in the top 4 for the challenge but couldn't manage a win, against a former Durf at that. Do you think you would have needed immunity tonight?

Propaganda Machine, Byers, CapnAndy, IcePhoenix, WinsonPaine, with you guys seeming to have a strong 6 alliance, is there any concern that somebody might flip?

Majuju, you won immunity and so far are the only one is definitely a known contender to win the bonus challenge. Do you think this display of skill paints a target on your back? Secondly, people saw your screaming fox avatar a lot of times in the latest challenge. Do you think being at the fore-front of players' sub-conscious makes you a super-target?

Skinty, windshipper, with the way the votes played out last week, how likely do you think it is there will be a pagonging of all the non-Durfs?

For everyone

Were you surprised by the results of last tribal council? What does this mean for your position tonight?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

John Cena posted:

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:Propaganda Machine, Byers, CapnAndy, IcePhoenix, WinsonPaine, with you guys seeming to have a strong 6 alliance, is there any concern that somebody might flip?

There's always some concern that your allies won't stick with you; at the end of the day, six people can't all win the game. But I feel confident that this tribal will be a continuation of the previous tribal.

quote:

Were you surprised by the results of last tribal council? What does this mean for your position tonight?

Not very, honestly. I was the principle driver of how the last tribal went, so had little chance to be surprised myself. I made my bed last time, and now I'm exactly where I'd expect to be; in the majority, but hated by those whose loyalty I betrayed. I'm not exactly happy with my position, but I'm not surprised by anything.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

Propaganda Machine, Byers, CapnAndy, IcePhoenix, WinsonPaine, with you guys seeming to have a strong 6 alliance, is there any concern that somebody might flip?

Lil' bit? Increasingly I have the assumption in the back of my head that YOUR TIME HAS COME Winson, which means I am probably in the spirit of the thing now.

quote:

Secondly, people saw your screaming fox avatar a lot of times in the latest challenge. Do you think being at the fore-front of players' sub-conscious makes you a super-target?
[/b]

This is the funniest question ever to be asked in council. I know this is only like my seventh, but I am gonna go with this.

quote:

Noish? I guess I was surprised it went the way it did NOW THAT YOU HAVE OUTED ME AND NAMED ALL MY BUDDIES I DONT HAVE TO LIE I GUESS so yeah idk where the seventh vote came from but it pretty much went how I thought it would. Maybe for one of the bigger votes I will get out the banjo and play a tune of dismissal.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

John Cena posted:

Skinty, windshipper, with the way the votes played out last week, how likely do you think it is there will be a pagonging of all the non-Durfs?

I think I have built up enough solid relationships with players and am willing enough to work with them to possibly avoid such a thing. After all, without me or Skinty, CapnAndy wouldn't have this opportunity right now. I can't speak for the rest, but (for example), we brought in another one of the Durfs in on this plan to help us carry it forth.

Even so, like I said before, I'm playing for fun. If it bites me in the back, so be it. I'm not a fan of that happening, but I'll take whatever happens. This has been a fun game and I hope it stays that way.

posted:

I'm not surprised, no. I wasn't sure if Disco could be trusted. I may have made the wrong choice, I don't know and may never know, but given what I knew and had seen at that time, Disco was the smart choice. Out of all of us in De, it seemed like he was the one who was playing the long game and it seemed like he would be the one to pull a Chili. Combine that with YPM being voted out, and from there the decision had to be made.

If I was wrong then... Well, don't look at me that way. It was an honest mistake.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Skinty, windshipper, with the way the votes played ou...

*SNORT*

NORMAL PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE WHO WALK THE STREETS EVERYDAY WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND. WE ARE FROM DE WHERE THE AIR WE BREATHE SMELLS OF COMBAT. HOW SHOULD I RESPOND TO THE SITUATION? HOW SHOULD I PREPARE? SHOULD I JUMP OFF OF THE TOP OF THE TALLEST BUILDING? SHOULD I GO TO AFRICA AND LET WILD ELEPHANTS TRAMPLE ACROSS MY BACK? SHOULD I LAY DOWN UPON THE LAWN AND LET THEM ROLL OVER ME WITH LAWNMOWERS?

I WAS SENT IN A CAPSULE FROM A LAND FAR FROM HERE (scotland), WITH ONE PURPOSE IN MIND. TO KEEP COMING AND KEEP ON THE ATTACK. NOT TO QUIT BUT ONLY TO PURSUE.

I LOOK UP UPON THE GODS, UPON DE'S THAT HAVE FALLEN BEFORE AND ASK ALOUD WHAT IS LEFT FOR ME TO DO, WHAT IS THERE THAT IS UNDONE.

*SNOOOORTTTT*

LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH THE ROCKET FUEL. FULL OF THE JUICE THAT CARRIES THE SPACESHIP AS FAR AS IT WANTS TO GO... BECAUSE WHEN THE MOON IS BLOOD RED... THE HEAVENS HAVE OPENED UP FROM ABOVE AND THE VIEWERS HAVE SPOKEN. YOU'VE THE POWER TO MAKE THE SKIES RUMBLE AND THE EARTH SHAKE. IN THE SHEETS OF THE WIND...

...then I will survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebN17xoJbLg

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize. There is to be absolutely zero out of thread communication until after the votes are read. Majuju has Individual Immmunity, he's safe from the vote tonight. You have until 1:00 AM to cast a vote. Good luck, folks!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

That's always a concern. In theory it's an individual game now. Durf seems to have a good thing going, but as the numbers dwindle there's always the risk that somebody might get cold feet.

quote:

It's hard to really be surprised when you can't for sure know what to expect. The results of the last tribal mean that somebody who betrayed my trust post-swap is gone and I'm still around. But, ultimately, as long as the tribal simply means somebody else is gone and I'm not, the only real effect that has on my game is moving on to play it with the people we have left.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Skinty, windshipper, with the way the votes played ou...

*SNORT*

:words:

:stare:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

HELL YEAH, BRUTHA!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

windshipper posted:

HELL YEAH, BRUTHA!

Why do you guys keep ignoring me? Every time I bring my ball over to play four square, you suddenly start a pissing contest.

It was pretty impressive the way you drenched a rat with your stream last time, but still.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skinty that was beautiful.

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 7

There is always concern. I feel safe in trusting my alliance right now and would hope that they have no reason to feel otherwise themselves. It's hard to rest on your laurels when you feel in control because you're afraid people are scheming behind your back, but all paranoia does is make you see things that aren't there.

quote:

For everyone

Short answer, no. As far as my position tonight, I think as long as Andy is in the game he'll take a bullet before I do, unless the bullet is coming from him. But, as per the previous answer, I don't really know why he'd bother doing that.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

Why do you guys keep ignoring me? Every time I bring my ball over to play four square, you suddenly start a pissing contest.

It was pretty impressive the way you drenched a rat with your stream last time, but still.

DRENCHED?! SISTER, WE DROWNED THAT MUTHAFUCKA!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

windshipper posted:

DRENCHED?! SISTER, WE DROWNED THAT MUTHAFUCKA!

Yeah, and dinner that night tasted terrible.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

John Cena posted:

Majuju, you won immunity and so far are the only one is definitely a known contender to win the bonus challenge. Do you think this display of skill paints a target on your back?

Eh, I don't know. This challenge in particular played to my strengths, and I was more lucky with that than anything else. I bumbled through the survey thing, and would've been a total liability for Family Feud. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you think WinsonPaine is somehow less of a contender for Sole Survivor than myself, then you're doing a great disservice to a mighty tyrant-king whose strengths may lie somewhere that doesn't involve endless sliding of tiles and a lot of stupid restarts.

quote:

Secondly, people saw your screaming fox avatar a lot of times in the latest challenge. Do you think being at the fore-front of players' sub-conscious makes you a super-target?

Managing to get that reward cost me probably 4 hours of my life and I was up until midnight trying to not confuse Davos and Whet Faartz (a task which grew more difficult and more desperate as the retries wore on). Other people probably went through the same thing. I don't think I'm a super-target, but to anyone who might consider me one:

quote:

Not surprised, and I'm immune tonight, so my position is irrelevant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

John Cena posted:

Dhaes, Bowmore, Fast Luck, you were in the top 4 for the challenge but couldn't manage a win, against a former Durf at that. Do you think you would have needed immunity tonight?

nah.

quote:

For everyone

nah.

we'll find out, won't we?

• Locked thread