Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone know what the red crits do these days? I remember when they used to be seen mostly during invisible melee, and I think they just stacked your crit damage another time, but I have no idea what they do now after the fix, since they didn't mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I think it would just be stacking crit on top of crit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hey you forgot to mention that Miter is now good.

hooah posted:

Does anyone know what the red crits do these days? I remember when they used to be seen mostly during invisible melee, and I think they just stacked your crit damage another time, but I have no idea what they do now after the fix, since they didn't mention it.

Red crits now do double crit damage.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kyte posted:

Hey you forgot to mention that Miter is now good.

Red crits now do double crit damage.

Alright so if your crit did 5x damage a red crit would be 10x?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I like how they still fail to clearly define what a red crit actually is. A doubled crit damage multiplier does seem like the most likely interpretation, though.

Re: the new armor, did they at least manage to get the shinguards onto the front of the legs this time, instead of being stuck on the sides of the ankles like weird little wings or something?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Shugojin posted:

Alright so if your crit did 5x damage a red crit would be 10x?

As far as I understand yes.

Cathair posted:

Re: the new armor, did they at least manage to get the shinguards onto the front of the legs this time, instead of being stuck on the sides of the ankles like weird little wings or something?

(Stolen from reddit)
Literally japanese armor. Now you go can Excalibur with Dragon Nikana for maximum weeaboo. (Or Ash but then you're mixing stereotypes)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 29, 2014

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Can I get an invite into the ps4 clan?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

mikemil828 posted:

Can I get an invite into the ps4 clan?

It would probably help them if you posted your PSN id.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Miter is still a gigantic piece of poo poo. No surprise.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

AndroidHub posted:

It would probably help them if you posted your PSN id.

It probably would, PSN ID mikemil828, original I know.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Denzine posted:

Miter is still a gigantic piece of poo poo. No surprise.

The first thing they need to do to make miter a good weapon is to give it some actual crit. A no crit sniping weapon is a bad weapon, full stop.

Second is to increase the hitbox by making the blade larger. Seriously the thing shoots meter wide blades, but is such a pain in the rear end to actually land hits with since it seems to miss on guaranteed hits.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I don't know if it's still the case but it used to be that a fully charged Miter blade doesn't even have projectile width because of a bug. Fukkin DE.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
So now that I've got a few of them, which of the various forma-requiring weapons are worth building and which should I avoid?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

So now that I've got a few of them, which of the various forma-requiring weapons are worth building and which should I avoid?

Avoid: Spectra, supra. Both have enormous drawbacks and basically no strengths.

Maybe avoid: Grinlok, torid, acrid, flux rifle, attica. Usable, but generally outperformed by other similar weapons.

Holy poo poo build this gun right now: Ogris, ignis, marelok, embolist (though I haven't used it lately, I assume it's still solid). Ogris does enormous damage, ignis does enormous damage without really needing you to aim, marelok is I think still the strongest pistol in the game, and embolist is a pistol version of the ignis but with less range.

vvvv Yeah, I added in ignis. Forgot about it initially for some reason.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 30, 2014

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

chumbler posted:

Avoid: Spectra, supra.

Maybe avoid: Grinlok, torid, acrid, flux rifle, attica.

Holy poo poo build this gun right now: Ogris, marelok, embolist (though I haven't used it lately, I assume it's still solid).

I'd say Ignis over the Embolist. The Embolist is the pistol version of the Ignis anyway.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I have a huge soft spot for the Embolist, but the Ignis is absolutely the more useful of the two.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Brakk is still the strongest pistol in the game. Marelok is really good though, and way easier to get.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
Been playing casually off and on since the pre-alpha days. Came back recently since missing a ton of changes. 5 frame slots filled up. Excalibur, Volt, Vauban, Ash and Valkyr. I am thinking of going for that oxium grind for the Zephyr.
I am not feeling that Valk at all, but with the devs talking about the changes to the Hysteria melee animations I am hesitant to sell the frame off just yet for space. (after it is 30)

Is the Zephyr worth the grind and or worth replacing the Valkyr?

Also I loving love the Volt. :swoon:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Zephyr is basically Excalibur 2.0, in a good way. Her movement is fun and her ult is hilarious. I highly recommend her for anyone with the patience to grind Oxyium

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Stug(Bio Gun) and Angstrum(A bronco with rockets instead of pellets) are also pretty good pistols and you don't even need clantech for them.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Zephyr is basically Excalibur 2.0, in a good way. Her movement is fun and her ult is hilarious. I highly recommend her for anyone with the patience to grind Oxyium

Except she doesnt have an equivalent to slashdash, does her 1 even do any damage if you hit someone whilst moving? Apart from that turbulence is incredibly useful and tornado no longer sends items flying everywhere. Divebomb could realy do with a buff though, definitely my favorite frame at the moment just for the fun of flying around everywhere!

Wierdly though I rarely ever see other people using Zephyr, I guess that grind for 600 oxium was a bit too much.

Angstrum is rediculous, I dont think i've even modded it properly and it does something like 2500 corrosive and 3000 blast.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

smelly cabin filter posted:

Except she doesnt have an equivalent to slashdash, does her 1 even do any damage if you hit someone whilst moving? Apart from that turbulence is incredibly useful and tornado no longer sends items flying everywhere. Divebomb could realy do with a buff though, definitely my favorite frame at the moment just for the fun of flying around everywhere!

Wierdly though I rarely ever see other people using Zephyr, I guess that grind for 600 oxium was a bit too much.

Angstrum is rediculous, I dont think i've even modded it properly and it does something like 2500 corrosive and 3000 blast.

Her 1 does damage in a small area around her, though I will admit that it isn't as good for murder as Slash Dash

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Zehpyr's 1 does Impact knockdown AoE when you use it in the ground and Slash when used in mid-air.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I dropped 3 formas into my Boltor Prime (it comes with a shield and a V polarity slot) and it's absolutely worth it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The next event is starting in about an hour, according to redtext. Also some bugfixes. Blessing can be cast in midair now!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/238867-hotfix-1351/

Hotfix 13.5.1:

Changes:

- Trinity’s Blessing is now cast-able when in the air.
- Changed the placement of shoulder armor on Rhino Prime.
- Alerts now show quantity of reward items being offered in the Alert Info window.
- Alerts now display reward when hovering over alert node.

Fixes:

- Fixed Bladestorm not forcing a Bleed Proc on targets that Ash (or clone) is attacking.
- Fixed Bladestorm being a guaranteed kill on Zanuka and Grustrag 3 if cast.
- Fixed issues with lingering FX on the Obex.
- Fixed issues reported with overly loud sounds in many areas for users with uncommon speaker configurations. (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/194419-corrupted-ancient-roar-too-loud/?p=2259906, https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/214571-dear-god-my-ears/)
- Fixed the selling of Mods not returning credits in some cases.
- Fixed common crash issue that would occur if a client destroyed a Kubrow den.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Hah, I kinda hate finding out about awesome bugs too late, re: Ash being the ultimate G3 assassin.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Oh hey it turns out the event is a series of Alerts for 150,000 credits, and one's running for the next 1h40m :getin:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I hope there's something legitimately rewarding like tethra mods, because I'm already a multi-millionaire!!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Anyone who might want to do the alert solo, be advised that the Corpus units in it do stupendous amounts of damage for mysterious reasons. They go down just as quickly as they should on that level, but they'll also kill you loving dead in a few shots. Pack your best poo poo.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Apparently Alad has been installing torsos in the reactor room.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Nordick posted:

Anyone who might want to do the alert solo, be advised that the Corpus units in it do stupendous amounts of damage for mysterious reasons. They go down just as quickly as they should on that level, but they'll also kill you loving dead in a few shots. Pack your best poo poo.

That took me by surprise. Spawned in next to some dead player, started reviving him and was surprised when I just toppled over in two seconds from the unexpectedly high damage.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Mango Polo posted:

That took me by surprise. Spawned in next to some dead player, started reviving him and was surprised when I just toppled over in two seconds from the unexpectedly high damage.
I find Sanctuary useful for this - not as an actual defense, but as an enemy damage dipstick. If the Sanctuary bubble evaporates instantaneously after it goes up, that's some cause for alarm, and disengaging from the revive is worth considering.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

I find Sanctuary useful for this - not as an actual defense, but as an enemy damage dipstick. If the Sanctuary bubble evaporates instantaneously after it goes up, that's some cause for alarm, and disengaging from the revive is worth considering.

I don't have Sanctuary or Guardian :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So is the reward still just credits?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The rewards are whatever DE plugs in. The most recent one was one argon.

edit: 10x rare5 cores. nice.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 30, 2014

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Hrm, the level I was just in had nothing but techs and snipers for crewmen, and those guys already hit really hard to begin with. Regular dudes don't hit nearly as hard in comparison.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So is this the preparation for an actual event or is it just 'random ship clearing missions' with improved rewards and super deadly enemies all weekend?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Holy poo poo the new doors that Lotus has to unlock are terrible. "Hey, I've got a great idea, guys! Let's make a thing that forces the players to stand around with their thumbs up their asses for a up to a whole minute!".

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Mango Polo posted:

I don't have Sanctuary or Guardian :(
Well, poo poo. Speak up in clan chat, I'm sure someone'll get you sorted.

hooah posted:

Holy poo poo the new doors that Lotus has to unlock are terrible. "Hey, I've got a great idea, guys! Let's make a thing that forces the players to stand around with their thumbs up their asses for a up to a whole minute!".
I think what's SUPPOSED to happen is that when this happens, you get rushed by a huge mob coming from the rooms you were just went through. It doesn't always seem to do this, thank god, since we've had a lotusdoor immediately after elevators before.

I've gotten so used to ignoring portraits that I only just noticed that Alad's becoming infested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
I'm trying to play after being away for quite a while and like literally every single time i play i stop being able to jump after using a melee attack. If I spam "change weapon" eventually I may be able to jump again, but if I switch weapons after that or anything i again can't jump. what in the gently caress is going on i want to jump