Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Punk enjoying that his team is probably going to win a third Stanley Cup in 5 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Punk enjoying that his team is probably going to win a third Stanley Cup in 5 years

this must have been a week or so ago then

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Punk talked to Duncan Keith and said Duncs wasn't worried about the series score so Punk isn't worried. :colbert:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Kings breakaway in OT of Game 6, Punk jumps the boards and hits the GTS on the puck carrier, crowd goes nuts

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

She should be a Devils fan, dammit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

achillesforever6 posted:

People talk all the time about how sad it is to see wrestlers stick around too long or wreck their bodies or not have saved their money. So while it's a shame that he's gone from wrestling, I can't help but be happy that Punk appears to be physically, emotionally and financially rock-solid and set to enjoy a long, healthy retirement. :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Saint Jimmy posted:

She should be a Devils fan, dammit.

Does she have a sister-in-law? Marty Brodeur may be interested.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't want to see this debate tear everyone apart like the Bo Dallas debut did, so here's another picture of his shirt.

It is a weird shirt. It looks like it's made of polo shirt material but I've never seen a full line of buttons on a polo shirt before. EVERYBODY WINS

A short-sleeve, button-down shirt? Madness.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Gonz posted:

Does she have a sister-in-law? Marty Brodeur may be interested.

I should be mad and defend Marty, but that's pretty loving funny.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

People talk all the time about how sad it is to see wrestlers stick around too long or wreck their bodies or not have saved their money. So while it's a shame that he's gone from wrestling, I can't help but be happy that Punk appears to be physically, emotionally and financially rock-solid and set to enjoy a long, healthy retirement. :)
We spent so long arguin over which Hogan-era or Attitude-era wrestller Punk was that we failed to see that he is actually Bruno.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

LividLiquid posted:

We spent so long arguin over which Hogan-era or Attitude-era wrestller Punk was that we failed to see that he is actually Bruno.

Bruno was a draw

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bard Maddox posted:

Bruno was a draw
We were talking about wrestlers retiring happy and financially secure and you brought it all down. :(

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

We were talking about wrestlers retiring happy and financially secure and you brought it all down. :(

Punk is never going to get married and start a family so he could never be Br...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i didn't catch the ppv, but lmao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That is just perfect.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

Punk is never going to get married and start a family so he could never be Br...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This is all I can think of when I look at that.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Hmm I see something different.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Bless you, Rusev.

Blusev.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
WWE.com has a gallery up of inspirational Bo Dallas posters. I must Bolieve.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/bo-dallas-bo-tivational-posters-26348041

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This can't be a real photo of Suzuki because there's no beer anywhere.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Bret more upset about Natalya's pain or that sloppy sharpshooter

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

njsykora posted:

This can't be a real photo of Suzuki because there's no beer anywhere.

What do you think he washes his hair-tuft with.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

GB888 posted:

WWE.com has a gallery up of inspirational Bo Dallas posters. I must Bolieve.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/bo-dallas-bo-tivational-posters-26348041

Thank you! Printed these out at work for my desk, I'm getting bo-tivational in stereo. I've got stere-bo.

My coworkers are confused about the damp ugly man in the diaper who is suddenly all over the office. :D

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Still better than The Rock's.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Not much worse than Bret's first time using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj3yUt9ZJOo

edit - Actually, I'm not so sure it was his first time using it now, but it was early on in its use and he screwed up the grip.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Natalya also screwed up the attempted figure four by hooking up the wrong leg. They should really leave the submissions to AJ, Paige, and Emma.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Natalya also screwed up the attempted figure four by hooking up the wrong leg. They should really leave the submissions to AJ, Paige, and Emma.

They had the best match any two women have had in WWE in years. They should just do whatever they want.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

sticklefifer posted:

I haven't seen the match, but was this in any way a plot device of "We can't do our opponent's relative's signature moves because it's not in our DNA"? Or at least sold that way by commentary? Because that would be awesome.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jerusalem posted:

Honestly, if he sticks with it and just says "Yeah I"m done" then more power to him. I'm sure it'll wind Vince up dramatically if Punk never comes back for that payday. If what Meltzer said is true, Punk is very well off financially and has always been sensible with his money. Plus he's just stubborn enough to stick it to Vince.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Honestly I think he's got 2 "runs" left in him. He's going to do at least one more WWE spot (he's too much of a snarky rear end in a top hat to not make at least one PPV appearance for a title match to prove his own "I busted my rear end for a year and got knocked down the card, so I walked away and watched Blackhawk/Cubs/Bears games for a year and then I walked back in and immediately received a huge raise & a title run. Why exactly should anybody be busting their rear end around here?" point) and he'll probably do at least a couple matches with ROH; the question is what order he'll do them in.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

Not much worse than Bret's first time using it.

edit - Actually, I'm not so sure it was his first time using it now, but it was early on in its use and he screwed up the grip.

honestly, after getting the network, i realized bret hosed up the sharpshooter pretty often from the time he started until about 95/96.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

E: NVM, just some weirdo that happens to be named Vince Russo.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 31, 2014

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

oldskool posted:

Honestly I think he's got 2 "runs" left in him. He's going to do at least one more WWE spot (he's too much of a snarky rear end in a top hat to not make at least one PPV appearance for a title match to prove his own "I busted my rear end for a year and got knocked down the card, so I walked away and watched Blackhawk/Cubs/Bears games for a year and then I walked back in and immediately received a huge raise & a title run. Why exactly should anybody be busting their rear end around here?" point) and he'll probably do at least a couple matches with ROH; the question is what order he'll do them in.

I can see Punk being juuust enough of a cynical rear end in a top hat that he'd come back to take a top PPV slot off someone who busts their rear end all year, despite that being the ostensible reason he left, and laughing all the way to the bank.

Hey, if the game is rigged, use it to your advantage.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

All it's missing is Jimmy Hart sitting at his feet, screeching annoyingly.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

CM Punk is retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dr. CM Punk
never returned to WWE