Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

i should hurry up with my stymie radar kickstarter

jony290?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hey since levar doesn't need ur money anymore give it to this guy instead https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/jet-ski-for-goats

he's the same guy who used at kickstarter to pay a skywriter to write HOW DO I LAND

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Vicas posted:

there are those who would say no but tbh i don't think reading rainbow would be the worst thing from the 80s/90s/00s to bring back

till the Reading Rainboners come out of the woodwork

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

what is a cash grab about this? seriously i don't see how giving schools access to something for free that he is already making $$$$$$ off of is a cash grab. Do you really think he hasn't invested any of his own money into this project? Do you really think its just a chance to stay in the spotlight? Who the hell cares that it is a for profit firm, if they want to make some money off of teaching kids how to read why do you care? Did you know teachers get paychecks too?

You couldn't be more wrong and for that all i have to say to you is:

image macros? really, that's what it comes to?

you'd think i'd poo poo on my little pony or something

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mido posted:

:allears: someone remembers

edit:
oh wait the whole point of being a stymie is to rile people up about a topic eternally

uhh ok here it goes

The minecraft bridge building fiasco was a bunch of goons overreacting to me getting frustrated with people overreacting to me taking down the bridges they kept building in a minecraft project i was curating a long time ago. Since then I've gone on to get a real job in the horrible city of portland, or where i need to cross multiple terrifying bridges every day and i literally shake with angst when this happens

Pittsburgh has more bridges than Portland.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh has more bridges than Portland.

according to the national bridge inventory pittsburgh only has 727 bridges while portland has 785

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Mido posted:

:allears: someone remembers

edit:
oh wait the whole point of being a stymie is to rile people up about a topic eternally

uhh ok here it goes

The minecraft bridge building fiasco was a bunch of goons overreacting to me getting frustrated with people overreacting to me taking down the bridges they kept building in a minecraft project i was curating a long time ago. Since then I've gone on to get a real job in the horrible city of portland, or where i need to cross multiple terrifying bridges every day and i literally shake with angst when this happens

we're still in #sa-minecraft on synirc, join us friend. most of us don't post on sa or played minecraft in years.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

spongeh posted:

we're still in #sa-minecraft on synirc, join us friend. most of us don't post on sa or played minecraft in years.

is that geordi

Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

according to the national bridge inventory pittsburgh only has 727 bridges while portland has 785

Pittsburgh's city limits only encompass 54 square miles in a much larger urbanized area; Portland encompasses over 140 square miles. If you consider the urbanized Pittsburgh area and not the artificially constrained city limits, you're looking at over a thousand bridges easily.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh's city limits only encompass 54 square miles in a much larger urbanized area; Portland encompasses over 140 square miles. If you consider the urbanized Pittsburgh area and not the artificially constrained city limits, you're looking at over a thousand bridges easily.
thanks but do we really need more evidence that portland is better than pittsburgh

Apr 7, 2003

anthonypants posted:

thanks but do we really need more evidence that portland is better than pittsburgh

It isn't. Portland is the Pittsburgh of the Pacific Northwest. I read that in a book somewhere.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Citizen Tayne posted:

It isn't. Portland is the Pittsburgh of the Pacific Northwest. I read that in a book somewhere.
well you say it isn't but then you immediately contradict yourself so I don't know what to tell you

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice
oh good it's pittsburgh chat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
pittsburgh is a sister city of my new city

maybe i should become hamilton tori

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

how do you know that someone's from pittsburgh?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Miley Virus posted:

their sunny disposition thanks to a high quality of life :-)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Miley Virus posted:

they have an indecipherable accent and love the stillers?

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Miley Virus posted:

lawn covered in miller cans and bottles?

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

their sunny disposition thanks to a high quality of life :-)

Apr 7, 2003

Miley Virus posted:

Their large, manly penis and calloused steelworker's hands.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

raruler posted:

lawn covered in miller cans and bottles?

you mean yeungling

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Citizen Tayne posted:

pics

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
they cheer for a rapist

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

image macros? really, that's what it comes to?

you'd think i'd poo poo on my little pony or something

you deserve little more effort than image macros, also what is this about my little ponies?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

theflyingexecutive posted:

you mean yeungling

they dont have enough money to step up to yuengling

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Miley Virus posted:

wait 30 seconds and they'll tell you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Citizen Tayne posted:

I mean if you want to talk about greater metropolitan areas portlands is over 6k square miles so

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

okay but what if you can't get into their trophy cabinet?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

goddamnedtwisto posted:

okay but what if you can't get into their trophy cabinet?

:stonk:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
in non-shitsburgh news, reading rainbow has begun phase 2, setting a stretch goal of $5m for ios, android, and video game/ott box versions, as well as upping the number of subsidized classroom versions of the app from 1500 to 7500

while i don't agree with bsd's blatant cash grab stuff i can definitely agree these dudes are smooth operators. apparently if they hit 5 there'll be yet another, even bigger stretch goal that they're keeping under wraps

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Vicas posted:

in non-shitsburgh news, reading rainbow has begun phase 2, setting a stretch goal of $5m for ios, android, and video game/ott box versions, as well as upping the number of subsidized classroom versions of the app from 1500 to 7500

while i don't agree with bsd's blatant cash grab stuff i can definitely agree these dudes are smooth operators. apparently if they hit 5 there'll be yet another, even bigger stretch goal that they're keeping under wraps

personal pan pizzas from pizza hut for everyone?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Vicas posted:

and here i go defending them again but tbf their page said "if we hit $1million we'll introduce stretch goals, but 100% of the money will go towards expanding accessibility and subsidizing classes" and this first set of stretch goals sounds like exactly that

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
yes i completely agree with you and wasn't attacking them even slightly. just saying that their methodology is beautiful, artful even. it's like a guide on how to crowdfund as effectively as possible

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
are they selling limited editions with lifetime insurance yet?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Vicas posted:

yes i completely agree with you and wasn't attacking them even slightly. just saying that their methodology is beautiful, artful even. it's like a guide on how to crowdfund as effectively as possible

the irony is that it's BECAUSE the fact that they're a business that they're so good at this. they're not promising anything they can't deliver, and even the stretch goals are totally realistic. this isn't one of those "if we get $10m everyone gets a pony" kickstarters

7500 subsidized schools is a p great thing

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Soricidus posted:

are they selling limited editions with lifetime insurance yet?

there are more stretch goals to come

Proteus4994 posted:

the irony is that it's BECAUSE the fact that they're a business that they're so good at this. they're not promising anything they can't deliver, and even the stretch goals are totally realistic. this isn't one of those "if we get $10m everyone gets a pony" kickstarters

7500 subsidized schools is a p great thing

yeah, i like how the head guy who isn't lavar labels himself as a "recovering movie producer." it's the kickstarter-est way you could possibly say "i am literally a professional at handling millions and millions of dollars and running massive pr campaigns, i know what i'm doing here"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

they dont have enough money to step up to yuengling

it's super cheap in wpa tho

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Vicas posted:

i know what i'm doing here

same?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

personal pan pizzas from pizza hut for everyone?

oh my god yes i earned so many of those little fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rewarding sedentary behavior with greasy food defs messed up my reward perception as a kid

• Locked thread