Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011
Not exactly living up to Eightfold's expectations of you, huh Isabel? RIP in peace Max. Maybe next time you try cheering up a sad ghost kid you won't say "I wish I was dead" and invoke the wrath of the god of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Uh-oh

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He's falling... too far?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
... Huh?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Chakra exhaustion, a serious problem for Kakashi, Max, and nobody else

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

AnonSpore posted:

Max really needs to work on his Hatsu.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

AnonSpore posted:

Nah, the train's just made of meat, not metal.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He seems like he's fallen too far; he should've fallen out of the train's area effect and hit the wall by now.

Triskelli posted:

Nah, the train's just made of meat, not metal.

He could stick to it before, though. Also, his bat stopped flaring, it's not even trying to magnetise.

I wonder if he got pulled into his spirit's superspeed space.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Man, I know we talk about anime arbitrarilty in this thread a lot, but god drat, the main character's alter ego/hidden power/beast within/etc. taking over to save his rear end when he's in trouble would be so loving anime.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not the first time it has happened. Whale ghost encounter, his magnet snake decided to intervene to save him by letting him dodge at the last second.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 26, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I like the idea that Max might be meeting his own spirit at the moment, might explain what's going on. Plus it might contrast well with Isabel and Eightfold's exchange and let Max seemingly rescue himself.

Then again if PJ's comment about heroes dying before their story begins turns out to be foreshadowing and Max spends the rest of the story as a ghost it'd be hilarious.

Also looks like Isabel's hand will be okay.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Dolash posted:

I like the idea that Max might be meeting his own spirit at the moment, might explain what's going on. Plus it might contrast well with Isabel and Eightfold's exchange and let Max seemingly rescue himself.

Then again if PJ's comment about heroes dying before their story begins turns out to be foreshadowing and Max spends the rest of the story as a ghost it'd be hilarious.

Also looks like Isabel's hand will be okay.

The last page and this page, Max has had a black aura around him that's been going to the right. The train is going to the right, so it's not a matter of wind blowing it and I suspect that's important. Edit: Actually I double-checked and I was wrong, it looks like the train's moving to the left so it's not as notable. Still, it's something.

I'm definitely thinking he's going to be meeting up with his spirit, and I kind of suspect he might get an Bleach-style "you've been using your power wrong, dumbass" lecture in the process.

That said, if Max dies and spends the rest of the story as a ghost that'd be hilarious. Even more so if he ends up being Isabel's new tool. Hell, Max being a tool in general would be hilarious, because there's no way he wouldn't mope about that wording.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
So what you're saying is, this preview of the next seven pages was correct all along?

...I just noticed this image is called feels.png. Goddammit Zack.

Admin-edit: don't leach, you jerk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
After the entire cast dies horribly on the train, Spender panics and dresses up Johnny and his crew like the old group and pretends nothing happened. No one notices a thing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

The last page and this page, Max has had a black aura around him that's been going to the right. The train is going to the right, so it's not a matter of wind blowing it and I suspect that's important. Edit: Actually I double-checked and I was wrong, it looks like the train's moving to the left so it's not as notable. Still, it's something.

The black aura is Max's spectral energy as he powers his tool. Notice it disappeared when his tool stopped working.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rhonne posted:

After the entire cast dies horribly on the train, Spender panics and dresses up Johnny and his crew like the old group and pretends nothing happened. No one notices a thing.
"Wasn't Issac usually more... anime?" "It's CGI." "Okay."

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
If this is a spirit meeting, it should probably just be Professor Snake teaching Max how magnetic field lines work.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Zenzirouj posted:

If this is a spirit meeting, it should probably just be Professor Snake teaching Max how magnetic field lines work.

This post made me go look up the last time we saw the Magnet snake. Someone has commented that the eyes on one side of it's head are blue and the other side is red. Which I suppose fits with the magnet theme. Never made the connection myself since the red eyes are only seen in the menu widget

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But can he generate magnetic monopoles for science. :science:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

The fact that Max is holding onto his backpack even as he hurtles into the doomvoid is pretty nice. Shows he's more on the ball than a lot of people might be in that situation.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I am really glad Zach and Gigi are friends.

https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/471932193640415232

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, about how long in in-universe time has Max been airborne for? It's got to have been at least thirty seconds by now.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

loquacius posted:

So, about how long in in-universe time has Max been airborne for? It's got to have been at least thirty seconds by now.

Probably closer to maybe 5 or 10. There was just enough time for Isabel to react and grab Max once he left the floor before the pixeldog started spawning in, and it spawned quickly enough that she wasn't able to pull her hand away in time. After that, Max started falling further, having just enough time to try and pull himself back in twice before getting dangerously close to the wall, where he is now.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
So, uh, what the heck is that thing?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

CALLED IT

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well he seems nice.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

The_Final_Stand posted:

A large subterranean insect

You called Max randomly encountering a large subterranean insect that has a zipper across its belly?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You didn't?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I thought everyone called Max being saved by Large Subterranean Insect.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

All those legs...

Is that Eightfold?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DreamShipWrecked posted:

All those legs...

Is that Eightfold?

That'd be quite a radical change in design. You may call it Eightfold 2. And maybe we'll get a month-long powerup to Eightfold 3!

More probably, LSI is a new character with who knows what agenda. It might have grabbed Eightfold's book, too.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like a cross between an insect and a poofy parka.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I will never get sick of Max's non-reactions.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 30, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Max has come a long ways. Normally he would freak out like hell seeing something like this.

But nope.

Just.

Ok?

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Someone on tumblr pointed out that the legs sorta resemble the spiderized version of Spender's True Face, so maybe Boss Leader is involved?

Oh my goodness Gigi never fails to be amazing :allears:

On the subject of Paranatural fanart from other cool webcomic authors, here's something from the gal behind Monsterkind:

https://twitter.com/EnEnKay/status/471838890522083328

Batman's Shameful Secret > Paranatural: Open a DOOR to a new beginning! (Or don't. Don't)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The_Final_Stand posted:

Deus ex machinabug

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Well, Tubesnake had a lot of bravado about his faction, my guess is that one of his allies was patrolling the tunnels, doing its usual route, and when it saw its compatriot's host in a bind, it decided it had to intervene. I doubt it's true benevolence for Max and more just spirit faction loyalty. There do seem a lot of similar characteristics (huge, dark) between Tubesnake and this thing, anyway.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Probably Magic posted:

Well, Tubesnake had a lot of bravado about his faction, my guess is that one of his allies was patrolling the tunnels, doing its usual route, and when it saw its compatriot's host in a bind, it decided it had to intervene. I doubt it's true benevolence for Max and more just spirit faction loyalty. There do seem a lot of similar characteristics (huge, dark) between Tubesnake and this thing, anyway.

That's my take as well. Max's black aura is very pronounced here and I don't think it's a coincidence, LSI is straight up recognizing Scrap Dragon's energy and responding out of factional allegiance.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Aww, man. I was hoping Max'd land in the cave and go find Eightfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
There is no cave, it's just the ghost train's power pushing way the earth. Once the train's passed, it's just solid dirt again. How LSI got there, is unknown.