Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

oddium posted:

A good game like Barkley deserves good box art, so I set out to make some

Missing the red underline in the logo, what a sham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Haha I was just about to point that out. You can't just change logos willy nilly, think of the brand!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

It's actually there in the full-size one, the one I posted was reduced to half size and some of the finer details didn't make it

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

oddium posted:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh poo poo

This is awesome.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How much Duergar racism will I be able to commit in Barkley 2? I hate them so much.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I want to commit genocide against the race of sludge elves.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

FunMerrania posted:

I want to commit genocide against the race of sludge elves.

Someone's been leaking design docs...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

How much Duergar racism will I be able to commit in Barkley 2? I hate them so much.

Do you hate them more than you desire the Shrekmono?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Real talk for a sec, you guys better find a way to put the Shrekmono in the game. Even if it is in the form of "generic green CGI ogre"-mono.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Real talk for a sec, you guys better find a way to put the Shrekmono in the game. Even if it is in the form of "generic green CGI ogre"-mono.
The "Fearsome Thing," foretold by ancient zaubermancy lore... the "Schreck-mono."

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

oddium posted:

Was the Chaos Dunk even what made New York into Neo New York? I know the backstory of the game is meant to be as vague and self-contradictory as Archer's time period and Springfield's location, but does anyone know whether Neo New York was just called that ever since the Cyberpocalypse? If it's not already been made clear in the game I'd assume you togsters will keep it mysterious so we can keep writing our slashfics with more creative freedom.

Also sorry for the LPers I usually like doing a lovely job with this game. They're supposed to have played a lot of RPGs yet somehow they NEVER talk to NPCs until they're sure the dialogue repeats, they missed lots of worldbuilding dialogue with the chicken fry addicts and anti-sports people in the bball court on the first map, and will almost certainly miss the Ghastly Darklord. Goddamn canadian weirdos didn't even recognize half the Hannah Barbera furries.

Liam, one of the LP guys, even backed Barkley 2 >$100 for the dakimakura without playing it. When the kickstarter happened, I used that as impetus to finally play the game since I'd heard many good things and knew it was short, beat it, and promptly threw $100 into what is sure to be a fun, well written vidcon.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

- into what is sure to be a fun, well written vidcon.

Oh poo poo, people are expecting this to be good and well written?

Looks like we have to start over.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Barkley 1 v1.0 is finally out???

http://www.talesofgames.com/2014/05/we-fixed-barkley-shut-up-and-jam-gaiden/

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah we went through and fixed a bunch of extremely rare Windows 7 and 8-specific bugs (Vinceborg's eye laser, certain sound effects crashing the game) because we kept getting a billion emails about them every day. Also added a few more hooks for save imports, so if you want to import your save to Barkley 2, you should use a save with this version.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah we went through and fixed a bunch of extremely rare Windows 7 and 8-specific bugs (Vinceborg's eye laser, certain sound effects crashing the game) because we kept getting a billion emails about them every day. Also added a few more hooks for save imports, so if you want to import your save to Barkley 2, you should use a save with this version.

Genuine question here - is the fullscreen mode intentionally the size of a postage stamp? It feels like when I tried playing Doom 2 on a 386.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Convex posted:

Genuine question here - is the fullscreen mode intentionally the size of a postage stamp? It feels like when I tried playing Doom 2 on a 386.

That depends on whether or not your monitor is the size of a post stamp. If the answer is no, then no, it shouldn't be like that, it should be fullscreen like any other vidcon.

What do the other resolution/screen options do if you try them?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Looking forward to the Barkley 2 fix in 2021.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

Gortarius posted:

That depends on whether or not your monitor is the size of a post stamp. If the answer is no, then no, it shouldn't be like that, it should be fullscreen like any other vidcon.

What do the other resolution/screen options do if you try them?
I'm pretty sure I have the same problem. Fullscreen gets me the funsize native resolution screen, just with a sea of black around it, technically taking up the fullscreen.

Changing the scale to x1, x2, or x3 doesn't effect it. This is BarkleyV120 on Windows 7 64-bit. Scaling worked fine on windowed mode though, so I just played through the game like that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This, it's just shrunk to a tiny window in a mass of empty blackness.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

Convex posted:

This, it's just shrunk to a tiny window in a mass of empty blackness.

Make sure your monitor is set to stretch mode for lower resolutions. I had an lcd monitor many years ago that had that problem, it seems to be the default on most recent monitors these days.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Tried that, no dice. Thanks though

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Fullscreen mode works properly on my Macbook Pro, I was surprised to find yesterday.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Cicero posted:

Fullscreen mode works properly on my Macbook Pro, I was surprised to find yesterday.

Running Windows? The OSX version hasn't been updated. Though that's not that big a deal, when I last played the OSX build everything seemed to work fine except for that one arena boss that does damage to itself crashing the game, which I bypassed by killing it before it could attack itself.

And about the save imports, I don't suspect you could tell us what factors will create effects in Barkley 2? I'd assume having the library ticket, and having Deathtemple?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
The fullscreen problem MIGHT be something that is related to gamemaker 6.x and some grafix cards being incompatible. The earlier GM versions were pretty lovely. We could port Bakely1 over to GM:studio and it would probably be a whole lot better technically with a lot less problems like this, but it's going to be a nightmare to do, so don't hold your breath for that one.

I believe the save imports is a corporate secret.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gortarius posted:

Don't front that CORPORATE ATTITUDE around here, pal.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Midjack posted:

Don't front that CORPORATE ATTITUDE around here, pal.

Heh, not for corporate attitude? It's all a sham...

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Gortarius posted:

Heh, not for corporate attitude? It's all a sham...

In the final scene we discover that being not for corporate was actually the most corporate attitude of all

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
http://www.twitch.tv/togstudios/b/533525920

Checck out this dreadful borefest!

Actually, just skip like 1 hour into it because the start is muted for 20+ mins and then its garbage for another 40.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So this update to Barkley 1 to help with save game compatibility, is this a sign that they're getting close to putting out a solid release date?

Zenzirouj posted:

In the final scene we discover that being not for corporate was actually the most corporate attitude of all

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow Streaming some Barkley2 art. Today, drawing some animated, fake arcade game screens for an in-game vidgam arcade. Having a lot of fun with those.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Gortarius posted:

If I beat Barkley 1 in under 3 hours, will X114JAM9 wear a swimsuit?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Will saves from the old version work with Barkley 2, or will they not work, or even trigger a message saying, "This save file is from an old version of Barkley 1 that sucks. Go play the new version in its entirety. I'll wait." after which the game closes itself?

Can saves from the old version of Barkley 1 be used in the new version to update them?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, they should probably both work.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Can you spoil what kinds of things will be able to be imported to Barkley 2?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mortimer posted:

If you have a save file that used no chicken fries the game soft locks.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Mortimer posted:

The shape of your rear end in our 3D rear end shape system.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Chef Boyardee posted:

The shape of your rear end in our 3D rear end shape system.

Will Kobe then be able to tell me how my rear end tastes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Do you plan to release this game on steam and if so, how will it affect hats?

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
This is my favorite thread on this steaming pile of a forum.

Will this game feature a level where you need to traverse a windy mountain by timing movement to avoid a giant Lance Stephenson blowing air at the PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Do you plan to release this game on steam and if so, how will it affect hats?

Pretty sure this'll end up on Steam in 2032 or whenever this is completed. There will be many TF2 hats based on the Necron 7 fashion and cyber-mohawks.

quote:

Will this game feature a level where you need to traverse a windy mountain by timing movement to avoid a giant Lance Stephenson blowing air at the PC?

There will be many mystic perils to face whilst traversing the lands...