Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jedit posted:

It's also a spoiler for a movie that isn't out yet, so edit that poo poo.
The Iron Man Guardians of the Galaxy costume is a spoiler for 2 year-old comic, and Cease to Hope can't edit the Marvel Heroes website anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Keep in mind that being a team-up means the work is half done for being a full, playable character. Model is done, basic animations like idle and walking are done, voicework is done, and his basic attacks are finished, as well as four more elaborate attacks(and potentially his signature or ultimate).

If Doom is being added as a team-up now, he's absolutely going to be playable in 2015's roster lineup.

Also note this means he has an alternate costume ready to go to.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's also a spoiler for a movie that isn't out yet, so edit that poo poo.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Probably the unconfirmed rumours that Iron Man will be in the new Guardians movie.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Also, that armour in white should look loving fantastic and I may need to buy an Iron Man for it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Geektox posted:

Probably the unconfirmed rumours that Iron Man will be in the new Guardians movie.

Debunked rumors. He joined the comic and that's it. These rumors started because of the leaked concept art of the Starboost armor and suddenly rumors spread the post-credit scene would be Tony going to space and finding Star-Lord.

Even on the forums Ryolnir told everyone flipping out about RDJ being in the movie that it's the comic costume.

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 30, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Joke's on you - this is a trap BOGO and there's gonna be a super double BOGO next week.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

HUMAN FISH posted:

Joke's on you - this is a trap BOGO and there's gonna be a super double BOGO next week.

BTGT is literally twice as good... wait

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey, jubelio, since you're the pet Loki expert: is Arcane Ruin affected by pet damage, or just DR? It's not summon-tagged.

If it's only affected by DR, I wonder if you could do incorporate Ruin into a non-pet build.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Reasonably sure the tool tip says it scales with summon damage.

e: Actually it scales from both, go hogwild.

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 30, 2014

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I could live with a doombot being the teamup if it's the doombot personality from Avengers AI. Doombot was the only thing that made that comic worth reading.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is the game down?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Appears to be down, yes.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Hey, jubelio, since you're the pet Loki expert: is Arcane Ruin affected by pet damage, or just DR? It's not summon-tagged.

If it's only affected by DR, I wonder if you could do incorporate Ruin into a non-pet build.

Ahundredbux posted:

Reasonably sure the tool tip says it scales with summon damage.

e: Actually it scales from both, go hogwild.

yep.

Lets say you want an aoe big punch skill that has a cooldown. Non-pet builds would be better off with coldsnap due to the reduced cd and healing effect. Last I checked you can only get arcane ruin's damage per second up higher than coldsnap with minion damage gear investments. Its actually a nice balance point that rewards you for committing to whatever your build is.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Ronco Showtime posted:

Appears to be down, yes.

Tuning flag improperly set for server power to "off" instead of "on". Will be rolled into anniversary patch.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I run the normal hybrid sorc/jotun blood build anyway, so I don't run either, but I just liked the idea of being able to work in some Mischief stuff without going full pet. :(

e; vv yeah, I know how to build him, I was just seeing if it was worth trying Ruin. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 30, 2014

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I run the normal hybrid sorc/jotun blood build anyway, so I don't run either, but I just liked the idea of being able to work in some Mischief stuff without going full pet. :(

Your best bet is a single point in projection and a single point in lord of deception. For 2 points you get a spam-able moving wall of men you can hide behind as well as boosts for yourself and the pets. Points are tight enough with loki that I really wouldnt recommend anything past that without going full pet.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Between having a few illusions as distractions just from porting around, the AOE dot with 4 second root, permafrost spikes freezing/slowing almost everything, and cold snap being a big heal on such a short cd, I've never really felt the need for even more defensive utility on Loki. I just wish his sustained single target dps was a bit better outside of his sig. It's fine though given his massive AOE dps and survivability.

Then again I like only using 3-4 abilities, but if you're someone who wants even more buttons to push then by all means toss a point in some of his pet stuff.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
So I've been playing this pretty casually with my friend since release. I, being a huge dork, read all the strategies forums and all that stuff, and my friend doesn't.

Yesterday the following chat occurs:

Him: I have a lot of trouble figuring out what rarity the runes are.
Me: Oh you can tell by the vendor credit cost.
Him: So I guess this Zod rune is pretty rare then?
Me: ha ha very funny.
Him: [Zod Rune]

So, uh. Yeah. Mind kinda blown.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

So I've been playing this pretty casually with my friend since release. I, being a huge dork, read all the strategies forums and all that stuff, and my friend doesn't.

Yesterday the following chat occurs:

Him: I have a lot of trouble figuring out what rarity the runes are.
Me: Oh you can tell by the vendor credit cost.
Him: So I guess this Zod rune is pretty rare then?
Me: ha ha very funny.
Him: [Zod Rune]

So, uh. Yeah. Mind kinda blown.

Be prepared to see newbies get the gear you have been farming for weeks on their first terminal run. This happens pretty frequently.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Oh it's already happened but not in the way you might think. I'm the newb casual. I got a Hand of Doom on my first Cosmic Doom run, that I was doing for fun because I finally had decent enough gear to do all the Cosmic terminals. Even did the bounties. (I've still never seen a purple insignia or a cosmic ring)

Anyway once trading is in I'll put anyone who wants that Zod rune in touch with him (just PM me). Be warned: he's going to want a lot for it.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Oh good, Loki chat. The BOGO Gods have deemed me worthy of him, so I'm wondering how to build for leveling. Is full pet viable (or at least fun) for getting to 60? I like AoEs but I already have Scarlet Witch and Storm.

I have to admit, I kinda hate his base costume. I was toying with the idea of getting Lady Loki but drat that is a lot of money for a costume. Like, I sit there and think I could get that or 2-4 other characters with the BOGO going on and I feel kinda dumb even considering it.

Doesn't help that my other BOGO was Hawkeye and I thought the same thing about Kate. :sigh:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm just coming back to this game and haven't played since close to release last year. I bought Human Torch for the BOGO and got Squirrel Girl - my least favorite character in the roster. Boooo.

It looks like they fixed DD and Cap since I played, which is nice. Human Torch is a goddamn beast and I'm only up to like level 15. I don't understand all these newfangled systems and currency but I'm still having fun just wrecking bad guys.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Okay folks, I've dug through the official forums and I suspect I'm going to be disappointed here, but I need an answer.

Can a level 60 run with a level 1 and just blow things up for them? Is there an EXP penalty?

I'm trying to figure out how five dudes can go bash baddies faces in and keep playing with each other from level 1. With the differences in EXP, some of us having tons of buffs and others not, and knowing flat out we will probably never be able to do X-Defense or Midtown till we hit 60.

It seems the Multiplayer part of this is lacking if you want to run with friends, but I could be missing the obvious.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zombie Samurai posted:

Oh good, Loki chat. The BOGO Gods have deemed me worthy of him, so I'm wondering how to build for leveling. Is full pet viable (or at least fun) for getting to 60? I like AoEs but I already have Scarlet Witch and Storm.

I have to admit, I kinda hate his base costume. I was toying with the idea of getting Lady Loki but drat that is a lot of money for a costume. Like, I sit there and think I could get that or 2-4 other characters with the BOGO going on and I feel kinda dumb even considering it.

Doesn't help that my other BOGO was Hawkeye and I thought the same thing about Kate. :sigh:

Pet isn't viable for leveling (unless you already have a bunch of 60s and xp bonus and don't care about efficiency). Bouncing bolt is your bread and butter.

I'm also not a fan of his base costume, but mostly because his helmet is sweet as heck. Lady Loki is lame as heck though regardless of price (if they wanted lady Loki they should've at least made it a horse smh).

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Anyway once trading is in I'll put anyone who wants that Zod rune in touch with him (just PM me). Be warned: he's going to want a lot for it.
Zod runes are super-duper rare, but all the value is pretty much tied in the rarity, rather than the actual rune's usefulness.

Although if I could get a fairly stable raid group, I'd consider pooling in to get one for the buff everyone crit enchant (that's what courage of asgard does, right? or am i thinking a different one?)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kaddish posted:

I'm just coming back to this game and haven't played since close to release last year. I bought Human Torch for the BOGO and got Squirrel Girl - my least favorite character in the roster. Boooo.

It looks like they fixed DD and Cap since I played, which is nice. Human Torch is a goddamn beast and I'm only up to like level 15. I don't understand all these newfangled systems and currency but I'm still having fun just wrecking bad guys.

Squirrel Girl just got reworked, and is really good right now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Cease to Hope posted:

Squirrel Girl just got reworked, and is really good right now.

Oh, it has nothing to do with how good she is in the game. I just have no desire to play as her.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Vexrm posted:

Okay folks, I've dug through the official forums and I suspect I'm going to be disappointed here, but I need an answer.

Can a level 60 run with a level 1 and just blow things up for them? Is there an EXP penalty?

I'm trying to figure out how five dudes can go bash baddies faces in and keep playing with each other from level 1. With the differences in EXP, some of us having tons of buffs and others not, and knowing flat out we will probably never be able to do X-Defense or Midtown till we hit 60.

It seems the Multiplayer part of this is lacking if you want to run with friends, but I could be missing the obvious.

I think the main thing about this game is you don't have one hero you are tied to and you don't get entrenched as one role or hero. When I play with friends either we do some 60 stuff or start a level 1 or if we happen to have mid range heroes around the same level we do that. Leveling doesn't take all that long and so typically you'll have different heroes all over the level spectrum and it's really not a big deal. I will admit that for someone JUST starting leveling takes much longer and you don't really have the type of infrastructure I'm referring to, but once you have 3 or 4 heroes things get much more fluid.

Also, why wouldn't you do xdef till 60? That's a great option for leveling/playing together. Just get your friends and hop in at level 1, it's fun.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

Oh good, Loki chat. The BOGO Gods have deemed me worthy of him, so I'm wondering how to build for leveling. Is full pet viable (or at least fun) for getting to 60?

It's not, unfortunately. Pet spec requires fully gearing for pet damage, which is going to require several very rare uniques as well as a legendary and some decently rare artefacts.

The build advice in the build post is still 100% accurate for him. The Sorcery/Jotun Blood build that's linked as a "no basic" variant in the OP is the endgame build I use. Without River of the Soul, though, it's going to be hard to keep it going.

I recommend you do something like this for levelling. Glacial Shard is a good basic and Bouncing Bolt will take care of all your AoE needs until you get Permafrost Spikes. Your single-target won't be super great, though.

e; also, I'm okay with his base costume but I hate his normal VA. Pretty happy I got Lady Loki out of the costume grinder last night.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Awesome, thanks. And yeah, I don't care for his VO either. I know he's supposed to sound smarmy, but he comes off as bored most of the time. That was another reason to get Lady Loki, although I looked up a video of her and her VO somehow sounds even more disinterested than he does.

At least I have Daredevil and his Christian Bale Batman voice to keep me warm at night.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.

Spudsly posted:

I think the main thing about this game is you don't have one hero you are tied to and you don't get entrenched as one role or hero. When I play with friends either we do some 60 stuff or start a level 1 or if we happen to have mid range heroes around the same level we do that. Leveling doesn't take all that long and so typically you'll have different heroes all over the level spectrum and it's really not a big deal. I will admit that for someone JUST starting leveling takes much longer and you don't really have the type of infrastructure I'm referring to, but once you have 3 or 4 heroes things get much more fluid.

Also, why wouldn't you do xdef till 60? That's a great option for leveling/playing together. Just get your friends and hop in at level 1, it's fun.

Because X defense is every ten levels and is gated. I'm pretty sure that some where in the leveling process one of us will have a 27 and the rest of us will be 31 - 33 as this happens often. I'm trying to convince people to play, but they want to play together.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

Some folks have given some answers, but I think a few key distinctions should be made.

1.Getting to 60 with pet Loki is viable and fun.
2. Moving from base-60 Pet Loki to Cosmic Terminal clearing Pet Loki is a pretty big head-ache. You are probably best off switching to frost/arcane if you want to get dangerous with him.
3. Loki is Mr. AoE. Even with a few single target skills here and there, you really cannot play Loki of any flavor right without at least half your attacks being AoE.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Behold, the Infraggable KrunkHulk!

Do you know what Infraggable means?!

I could go 40k hp if I put on an ASSS instead of Bannertech.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Holy moly, those items!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Elite status Lozareth, the smallest 'thing':

Nick, you'll appreciate this one. This is the best Cosmic Luke I've ever seen rocking some excellent items:

Then, this is just a cool picture, I always liked they did this and wish they had cooler cutscenes like this:

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Any idea why the game doesn't launch every time I try to do so? This is the Steam version on Windows 8.1 x64. This is what the log says:

quote:

Address = 0x118e390 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\unrealengine3\binaries\win32\MarvelGame.exe]

I verified the cache in Steam and also redownloaded...still the same thing happening.

fookolt fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 30, 2014

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

Awesome, thanks. And yeah, I don't care for his VO either. I know he's supposed to sound smarmy, but he comes off as bored most of the time. That was another reason to get Lady Loki, although I looked up a video of her and her VO somehow sounds even more disinterested than he does.

He should sound bored! Imagine you're someone known for your wit, intellect, and cunning. Now, you've been spending thousands of years surrounded by a bunch of dull meatheads, with the only person who has any intelligence being your absentee father who spends more time hanging from trees than he does with his children. Hell, I'd side with the giants at Ragnarok just to have something interesting to do.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Behold, the Infraggable KrunkHulk!

I could go 40k hp if I put on an ASSS instead of Bannertech.

So uh...pvp much? Cause that would be a pretty beastly setup.

Also like the 4 legendaries.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 30, 2014

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Elite status Lozareth, the smallest 'thing':

No longer the Thing, I am now The Pebble. It's huggering time! I want to change the hammer on his back to a baby rattle.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

fookolt posted:

Any idea why the game doesn't launch every time I try to do so? This is the Steam version on Windows 8.1 x64. This is what the log says:

I verified the cache in Steam and also redownloaded...still the same thing happening.

Googling the error leads me to believe that a few people fixed this problem by deleting the My Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes\ folder. Must be some bad setting in there confusing their delicate code.

alansmithee posted:

So uh...pvp much? Cause that would be a pretty beastly setup.

Also like the 4 legendaries.

yeah the point of that setup is for pvp. it's complete overkill for pve as I almost never die with much less defensive stats and far more killing power.

only have 3 legendaries for hulk :( Gungnir, Ares Axe, Perseus Shield. You're probably confusing that Dragonfang for Excalibur I'd guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

yeah the point of that setup is for pvp. it's complete overkill for pve as I almost never die with much less defensive stats and far more killing power.

only have 3 legendaries for hulk :( Gungnir, Ares Axe, Perseus Shield. You're probably confusing that Dragonfang for Excalibur I'd guess

I assumed with the Perseus Shield, but wasn't sure. I'll likely be on for some action this weekend if you wanna try to get a group. I mainly wanna watch your Hulk smash all over the jokers who think they can actually hurt you.

Also you're totally right about the spoilered section. Still impressive regardless! That's the total number of legendaries I have (although I'm hoping to get a XXX for Spidey and a trident for Loki during this event, up to about 200 odin marks).

• Locked thread