Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

HAha dude don't show up if you don't want to. Ain't a big deal. Just realize it's -200 sDKP. (Space DKP)

Well, if I were missing it to do anything other than play a different video game I wouldn't have said anything, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing anybody over.

Because, you know, DPS's are so few and far between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Medullah posted:

HAha dude don't show up if you don't want to. Ain't a big deal. Just realize it's -200 sDKP. (Space DKP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

(Sorry, I am a terrible goon :smithicide: )

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Nipponophile posted:

So here's the plans: Starting next week, our hard mode raid group will move to Tuesdays and Thursdays. That should help a couple folks be there more regularly, and I think it will be beneficial to have two nights close together on the same lockout. We've got a real good handle on the first three bosses of DP, and Raptus just needs a couple more tries to iron things out.

Sunday isn't going to change, but the Thursday group will need to move, probably to Wednesday. We'll be running something tonight, not sure what, but show up if you're interested in the future of the second raid group.

We're looking for someone who will be able to take over as second group raid leader who isn't already tied into our first group full-time. A few of us were discussing this last night, and I think it's a little unfair to our second group to be getting whatever leftover attention I have after our other raids. As of now, I'm committed to four raiding nights a week, and there's been a few times where I've logged on and said "Eh, gently caress it. I don't really need any gear tonight." I've also wanted to organize more random event nights like datacrons, world bosses, achievement hunting, PVP, or whatever, but I can't without cutting back on all the raiding.

Note that I'm not trying to establish a situation where people are on either Team A or Team B for life and never ever move around. Realistically, we don't have enough people to do that even if we did want to. People get pulled in as fillers all the time, and I'll still be showing up on off nights to help out if needed. My main goal is simply to ensure that everyone who wants to raid on a regular basis gets a shot, and a second established team will help us do that.

I won't ever be able to join the Wednesday group for group two barring my work schedule changing unfortunately. I guess I could keep trying to show up on Sundays but that'll be not entirely reliable.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
new record of 8 kills, assist from medullah

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well, if I were missing it to do anything other than play a different video game I wouldn't have said anything, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing anybody over.

Because, you know, DPS's are so few and far between.

We had to get 6 pubbies for our Dread Fortress run (see screenshot above), we could have in fact used your help!

fake edit: On the topic of changing Thursday's raid to a different day, I'm pretty much good for any day other than Wednesday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Guys the key thing here is that we'd like to find enough people to form a second regular 8 man group. If 8 of you want to run on a Thursday the same time the regular group is going, nothing wrong with that at all. Just need someone to step up and say "I'll organize it. Email me what times you're available and I'll see what I can put together".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A Curvy Goonette posted:

new record of 8 kills, assist from medullah

I don't understand how you can have that raid frame setup. Am I crazy for just using the default of 3 on top, 1 on bottom?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Am I missing something in this "get infected by a rakghoul" quest on Taris? I've let them beat on me for like 20 minutes and just will not get infected.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

Medullah posted:

I don't understand how you can have that raid frame setup. Am I crazy for just using the default of 3 on top, 1 on bottom?

yeah actually, cause 99% of raids assume you have max rows/columns for splitting up groups

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dr. Tough posted:

We had to get 6 pubbies for our Dread Fortress run (see screenshot above), we could have in fact used your help!

fake edit: On the topic of changing Thursday's raid to a different day, I'm pretty much good for any day other than Wednesday.

Medullah said I didn't have to come, blame him

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Orgophlax posted:

Am I missing something in this "get infected by a rakghoul" quest on Taris? I've let them beat on me for like 20 minutes and just will not get infected.

I hear people bitch about that one every time I'm on Taris. You may just not be getting hit by the right ones (it's been awhile since I've done that quest so I dunno), but if I remember right there's also a bug where if you leave the area while the quest timer is going, it'll make it impossible to get infected. Dropping the quest and picking it up again works I think.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A Curvy Goonette posted:

yeah actually, cause 99% of raids assume you have max rows/columns for splitting up groups

I guess I'm just used to healing, where

1 2 3

it's easiest for me because 1 and 4 are the tank/healer groups which are the ones I REALLY have to pay attention to when I'm pugging 16m.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Crindee posted:

I hear people bitch about that one every time I'm on Taris. You may just not be getting hit by the right ones (it's been awhile since I've done that quest so I dunno), but if I remember right there's also a bug where if you leave the area while the quest timer is going, it'll make it impossible to get infected. Dropping the quest and picking it up again works I think.

My experience is that being in a group will also stop it from working.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Also make sure you're getting hit by a silver or higher as I don't think the regular trash applies the debuff

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm sure this gets asked a fair bit and I have played the game before but what's the preferred status/free to play like these days? I tried the game like over a year ago, maybe more and it was a little rough because my character wasn't exactly optimised and because I had to do a gently caress load of grind content to make my level match the appropriate level for the next bit of story content. So did they improve that at all or is it still go gently caress yourself non subscriber? Not sure I want to spend 30 bucks on 60 days of which I might end up using less than half of.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Goofballs posted:

I'm sure this gets asked a fair bit and I have played the game before but what's the preferred status/free to play like these days? I tried the game like over a year ago, maybe more and it was a little rough because my character wasn't exactly optimised and because I had to do a gently caress load of grind content to make my level match the appropriate level for the next bit of story content. So did they improve that at all or is it still go gently caress yourself non subscriber? Not sure I want to spend 30 bucks on 60 days of which I might end up using less than half of.

You'd be Preferred, which isn't as bad as free but there's still a lot of BS you have to deal with. Limited credits (can only have 350k), crew skills (2 slots), etc. Once you have a level 50-55 character you can do dailies which will earn you credits pretty quick to buy some of the things you'd like to have (customizations, warzone passes, authorizations to wear purple items), but it's still kind of a pain in the rear end.

To me, if you just want to play it like a single player game and see the stories with no raiding, Preferred isn't bad. If you're going to do any endgame playing or grouping, just drop the cash on a subscription. If you can't afford $15 in a month you should be out working anyway. ;)

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
What's the deal with the security key? You don't need the dorky pre-order keychain anymore, right? It seems like it would be a hassle to type in every time. Is the store for keyholders worth the annoyance?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Unctuous Cretin posted:

What's the deal with the security key? You don't need the dorky pre-order keychain anymore, right? It seems like it would be a hassle to type in every time. Is the store for keyholders worth the annoyance?

The store isn't really but you get 100 CC / month for having a security key attached to your account. You can also get a key on your phone instead of a physical one.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Hulk Smash! posted:

100 CC / month

Sold!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Plus, y'know, less chance of getting your account hax0red.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Which of the Sith classes has the fastest rotation? I like classes with quick, responsive attacks - no channels, no overly long animations, or at the very least, a minimum of such elements.

Its one of the reasons I enjoy Sniper so much. But I feel like maybe, just maybe, I should try out some of the other classes - even though its clearly impossible for them to equal the unrivaled glory of a girl and her sniper rifle.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Moreau posted:

Which of the Sith classes has the fastest rotation? I like classes with quick, responsive attacks - no channels, no overly long animations, or at the very least, a minimum of such elements.

Its one of the reasons I enjoy Sniper so much. But I feel like maybe, just maybe, I should try out some of the other classes - even though its clearly impossible for them to equal the unrivaled glory of a girl and her sniper rifle.

Jug's or Assassins probably.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I don't think Deception Assassins use Force Lightning or Crushing Darkness in their rotation, everything else is instant. Bedinok can correct me if I'm wrong there.

Or if you want to tank, Darkness Assassin is pretty much all instant cast as well except occasionally using Force Lightning to build stacks of armor.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Ugh, so last night was the sort of thing I was talking about where I flake out on the group. I was nodding off at 8:00 and asleep by 8:30. Did you guys manage to get a good run in, or was there pubbie sabotage?

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Nipponophile posted:

Ugh, so last night was the sort of thing I was talking about where I flake out on the group. I was nodding off at 8:00 and asleep by 8:30. Did you guys manage to get a good run in, or was there pubbie sabotage?

It went quick, if you subtract the half hour Ink went to the bathroom we're looking at just under an hour for DF. The pubbies didn't really upset things besides cause some goon drama in TS over loot for a few minutes.

As for the 2nd group I really don't mind stepping up and leading said group. My hesitation is not knowing the hard mode mechanics for the various instances and what mobs to focus etc. I was hoping we'd get a few more weeks of raiding content on Thurs with group 2 so I could learn more of it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

It was an amazingly good run, though I ended up having to tank because the pubbie we picked up left before Grob'thok. Onion and I got 8 people in one go with an exploding droid, which was nice.

On a side note - if anyone wants to do another DF run tonight I have my sniper saved past Gatekeeper because of that. :D

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Ok I haven't seen anyone on the semi-goon guild on Harbinger all week so I'm gonna try and get my guardian tank transferred over to JC and also create an imp character. I'll leave an alt on Harbinger for the occasional pop-in.

What's the name of the republic side goon guild on JC again?

edit: Took them all of 10 minutes to do the transfer, nick is Arcusip if I start bugging anyone.

raffie fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 30, 2014

ohsodark1986
Oct 6, 2008

Medullah posted:

It was an amazingly good run, though I ended up having to tank because the pubbie we picked up left before Grob'thok. Onion and I got 8 people in one go with an exploding droid, which was nice.

On a side note - if anyone wants to do another DF run tonight I have my sniper saved past Gatekeeper because of that. :D

I flaked last night too. My tooth exploded but I'll be on tonight if we want to get something together. I'd be willing to try and lead a raid but I don't think I could do hard mode leading.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yeah I don't think Deception Assassins use Force Lightning or Crushing Darkness in their rotation, everything else is instant. Bedinok can correct me if I'm wrong there.

Or if you want to tank, Darkness Assassin is pretty much all instant cast as well except occasionally using Force Lightning to build stacks of armor.

Force lightning is only used in tank spec. Madness only uses crushing darkness with a proc that makes it insta cast, so they're both fine.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Vengeance jug does use ravage a lot but most of the attacks are instant cast and the rotation is very smooth

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lightning Sorc almost exclusively uses abilities that have channel/charge times but with all the talents you get, they fire off about as quickly as a sniper's abilities do (with the exception of maybe crushing darkness and thundering blast), so that's not a bad choice either.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Rage jugg has no cast abilities but the rotation feels super janky to me for some reason. They recommend you use ravage but its only as a filler and there's no way to cut the 30 second cd short.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
After last night's run I just need an implant, earpiece, relics, MH, and pants and I've got an arkanian geared jugg for raiding. I don't have a lot of free time this weekend but I'll try running some HMs to get practice in and more gear. Hopefully I'll be reliable. I should be. I make no promises.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Desht posted:

After last night's run I just need an implant, earpiece, relics, MH, and pants and I've got an arkanian geared jugg for raiding. I don't have a lot of free time this weekend but I'll try running some HMs to get practice in and more gear. Hopefully I'll be reliable. I should be. I make no promises.

If you're serious about wanting to tank I can make you some solid implants, a nice earpiece and a grade 28 hilt. The [artifact] implants and earpieces are pretty much better than Arkanian.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

If you're serious about wanting to tank I can make you some solid implants, a nice earpiece and a grade 28 hilt. The [artifact] implants and earpieces are pretty much better than Arkanian.

I just felt it was kinda silly how everyone was like "I guess I can tank" and we had to pug someone. Which is fine, but I don't have a problem with tanking if nobody has a problem dealing with my learning curve. I've got myself a mic now so that's not an issue. I just work retail and have a social life so I can't always guarantee I'll be available. At least through the summer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Desht posted:

I just felt it was kinda silly how everyone was like "I guess I can tank" and we had to pug someone. Which is fine, but I don't have a problem with tanking if nobody has a problem dealing with my learning curve. I've got myself a mic now so that's not an issue. I just work retail and have a social life so I can't always guarantee I'll be available. At least through the summer.

Do you work at Best Buy?

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
No. But the place I work at closes at 9. Its rare that I get those shifts but if I do then I'm not back until 10, 1030.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Desht posted:

No. But the place I work at closes at 9. Its rare that I get those shifts but if I do then I'm not back until 10, 1030.

Just curious since you live close to me, I know a ton of people that work there. :D

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Super 3 posted:

It went quick, if you subtract the half hour Ink went to the bathroom we're looking at just under an hour for DF. The pubbies didn't really upset things besides cause some goon drama in TS over loot for a few minutes.

As for the 2nd group I really don't mind stepping up and leading said group. My hesitation is not knowing the hard mode mechanics for the various instances and what mobs to focus etc. I was hoping we'd get a few more weeks of raiding content on Thurs with group 2 so I could learn more of it.

It was under 10 minutes! Jesus christ y'all. The other tank either had a terrible connection or a terrible time tanking- he was supposed to grab the boss on the Guardian or Draxus or whatever the gently caress its called, and he'd let him point into the raid for ages. We probably did better than we would have with him the whole way.

Also yeah, onion, I never feel like Smash spec works well- energy management and long cool downs end up meaning you are just kind of "uhhh? what now" whereas Vengeance, you've always got a good flow going on.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

wtftastic posted:

It was under 10 minutes! Jesus christ y'all.

The smart thing to do here would be to have just let the joke slide...now everyone looked at it twice and it's back in everyone's mind. ;)

Desht, I will probably be on later tonight if you want to practice on a few HMs I can heal you. I'm going out tomorrow so I won't be on but no plans for this fine evening as of yet.

• Locked thread