Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My parents are short and I am 6'8 so I blame gmos for my inability to buy clothes easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Lobsterpillar posted:

Its tasty, but also a good way to get food poisoning.

Food poisoning, TB, eh both are OK.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Falcon2001 posted:

I've had this happen exactly one time and it kind of confuses me. Maybe this is my moment in the autistic sun or whatever but I just told the guy flat out 'you're cluttering up my feed with bullshit and we're not really friends or anything, bye' and that was that.

Like, what power could these people possibly have over you that this drama is anything tangible?

Family members and other people you have to interact with in real life? I honestly don't care, but my cousin unfriended my mother and it was A Big Deal at the next family dinner.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

Its tasty, but also a good way to get food poisoning.

Boyfriend is a health inspector, This is as per his schooling: Raw milk is perfectly fine, assuming it's from a healthy cow with a clean udder, goes into a clean container, and is consumed the same day. The problem comes from city folk who are used to keeping milk in the fridge for a few days, which gives the nasty stuff time to flourish. Farmers and their kids who drink raw are accustomed to drinking fresh milk daily, and just dumping what they don't use.

PutinOnTheRitz has a new favorite as of 19:20 on May 30, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

Boyfriend is a health inspector, This is as per his schooling: Raw milk is perfectly fine, assuming it's from a healthy cow with a clean udder, goes into a clean container, and is consumed the same day. The problem comes from city folk who are used to keeping milk in the fridge for a few days, which gives the nasty stuff time to flourish. Farmers and their kids who drink raw are accustomed to drinking fresh milk daily, and just dumping what they don't use.

Yeah anything between utter->mouth adds another layer of potential hazards. That goes for all food and not just milk. Milk just really likes to grow poo poo and idiots love it raw.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
This girl is so dumb about everything but thinks she is the best at all the things. It's amazing.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 22:23 on May 30, 2014

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Postal Parcel posted:

Isn't Cindy McCain the one who said being a mother was the hardest job in the world?
Cindy McCain, John McCain's wife? Rich as gently caress John McCain*?

*gently caress obviously not meaning Romney

It's almost all her money, actually. She inherited some large business from her parents and has expanded it greatly.

One of her sons was in Iraq some years ago; the other has been stationed in Guam the whole time, so it's weird that she lumped them together like that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
The problem is that most proponents of raw milk aren't actually farmers and don't have access to stuff that's less than 24 hours old; they just get them from shady health food stores run by burnouts who can barely remember their own names, let alone when their stock came in last.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Wezzo posted:

For context, Light Balance were a (pretty decent) act on last night's episode of Britain's Got Talent, who didn't get through to the final. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyFWc15GT8Y They also happen to be from Ukraine.

Aww, they didn't get through to the final? Shame. :(

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Goosed it. posted:

This girl is so dumb about everything but thinks she is the best at all the things. It's amazing.

Holy gently caress what an idiot.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

socilest butthomo posted:

GMOs sure bring out the rationality in people.

Content aside, am I correct that the name anonymizer came up with "Will My Mom Do You"? Or am I just pronouncing it wrong in my head?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

davebo posted:

Content aside, am I correct that the name anonymizer came up with "Will My Mom Do You"? Or am I just pronouncing it wrong in my head?

It's also how I'm pronouncing it so uh, seems to be right, yeah.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Amused to Death posted:

only you can let guns down.

The NRA's new mascot, Smokey the Barrel.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Yeah, this is basically how I thought for a few years in my life. Trust me, they weren't great years!

Oh come on. This is so astonishingly unbelievable for a huge number of reasons.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Holy gently caress what an idiot.

Here, have another! Red is crazy dumb girl; light green and orange are friends of mine; and I have no clue who the other people are.

Edited because I missed a name.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 00:08 on May 31, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

trapped mouse posted:

Yeah, this is basically how I thought for a few years in my life. Trust me, they weren't great years!

Ugh. I guess when my nutter ex threatened suicide and then a fake pregnancy I didn't know how to interpret things properly.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Does OK Cupid count as social media?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

grittyreboot posted:

That seems fairly sane, where's the idiocy?

Edit - Nevermind, I'd missed a crucial "not"

FrozenVent has a new favorite as of 00:03 on May 31, 2014

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I've yet to see anyone self-describe as "intelligent" and not have some sort of abhorrent worldview.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

grittyreboot posted:

I don't know, that doesn't seem so weird to m-:stare:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TravBot posted:

I don't know, that doesn't seem so weird to m-:stare:

"Okay, they're from Holland, speaking in a second language can be a bit awkward, sure."
"Maybe a bit haughty, but nothing serious"
":stare:"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
This guy's twitter profile is basically trying too hard to be liberal.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The White Dragon posted:

The problem is that most proponents of raw milk aren't actually farmers and don't have access to stuff that's less than 24 hours old; they just get them from shady health food stores run by burnouts who can barely remember their own names, let alone when their stock came in last.

My mom's next door neighbor is kinda crazy but generally cool, who is a big raw milk drinker. He can't put two and two together when his whole family gets violently ill when they have cereal, but the pregnant mom (who didn't want milk during pregnancy) didn't.

It's happened more than once.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

TinTower posted:

This guy's twitter profile is basically trying too hard to be liberal.

Usually strawmen are given objectionable viewpoints, though? :confused:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

And what are the odds anyone selling raw milk is following exactly this protocol? Things that exist in a theoretical universe are nice and all but FDA regulations and poo poo like, "you should pasteurize your milk" exist for a reason (namely stock farms do not have super healthy cows and live in cramped conditions, sanitation is poor, and that chance that you're drinking milk basically fresh from the udder is like 0). "City folk" is the least of the problems in this equation, it's loving insane to assume a farm and a cow is sterilized.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

(namely stock farms do not have super healthy cows and live in cramped conditions, sanitation is poor, and that chance that you're drinking milk basically fresh from the udder is like 0)

As someone who's been to many a dairy farm, I just want to call you out on this bullshit. Farmers will do EVERYTHING to make the cows life as comfortable as absolutely possible for the simple fact that a comfortable cow gives more milk than a stressed cow.

Also sanitation is pretty high, again, these cows are their lively hood they want them to be healthy all the time, it's counter productive to have a non-sanitary environment for them.

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill

13Pandora13 posted:

And what are the odds anyone selling raw milk is following exactly this protocol? Things that exist in a theoretical universe are nice and all but FDA regulations and poo poo like, "you should pasteurize your milk" exist for a reason (namely stock farms do not have super healthy cows and live in cramped conditions, sanitation is poor, and that chance that you're drinking milk basically fresh from the udder is like 0). "City folk" is the least of the problems in this equation, it's loving insane to assume a farm and a cow is sterilized.

I just imagined a farmer sterilizing a cow by running it through an autoclave and now I really want some pot roast.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

FrozenVent posted:

Family members and other people you have to interact with in real life? I honestly don't care, but my cousin unfriended my mother and it was A Big Deal at the next family dinner.

Older family members take Facebook way too seriously. My sister defriended my uncle after his millionth anti-Islam rant and like two hours later my mom texted her and told her to add him back. It's the weirded thing.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Rudager posted:

As someone who's been to many a dairy farm, I just want to call you out on this bullshit. Farmers will do EVERYTHING to make the cows life as comfortable as absolutely possible for the simple fact that a comfortable cow gives more milk than a stressed cow.

Also sanitation is pretty high, again, these cows are their lively hood they want them to be healthy all the time, it's counter productive to have a non-sanitary environment for them.

You'd be surprised how often this isn't the case. I grew up on a dairy farm and it was absolutely filthy, the entire pasture maybe two acres with 50-75 head of cattle at any given time. Of course, it was a knee-high pool of mud/poo poo/piss in the summer and the cows were mastitis-ridden, miserable wrecks, all of this because my stepdad was an idiot. I knew a number of other farms in my area that were barely any better. I'm fairly sure most of them are closed now though, I drove through there several years back and the places I remembered how to get to were gone.

Of course, our farm was an exception and our milk was rated as being fit only for being powdered and used as formula for animals. Didn't stop my parents from bringing in a fresh pitcher of raw milk every morning of my childhood! I have no idea how I survived to adulthood.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Older family members take Facebook way too seriously. My sister defriended my uncle after his millionth anti-Islam rant and like two hours later my mom texted her and told her to add him back. It's the weirded thing.
I unfriended my aunt for sharing shite from Britain First and then went mad with power and hosed off everyone except people I actually speak to regularly. I saw someone I knew in school (I say "knew", I don't think we ever actually loving spoke to each other) in the supermarket not long after that and where normally they'd just grunt a hello as they passed, that day they tried to give me a bollocking for unfriending them, as if I'd somehow reduced their worth as a human being. :v:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
If people I've ungrounded ask I just say "I'm pulling back from Facebook to mostly just out of town friends and relatives, it's all just too impersonal now". It's drat true, I'm really starting to hate Facebook but at the same time realize it's really convenient for contacting people.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Pilchenstein posted:

I unfriended my aunt for sharing shite from Britain First and then went mad with power and hosed off everyone except people I actually speak to regularly. I saw someone I knew in school (I say "knew", I don't think we ever actually loving spoke to each other) in the supermarket not long after that and where normally they'd just grunt a hello as they passed, that day they tried to give me a bollocking for unfriending them, as if I'd somehow reduced their worth as a human being. :v:

I just shove all those people into a special group where I can't see their posts, and they can only see my public ones. I just got tired of getting request after request from people (especially people from HS who never liked me then) who I didn't know that well. I do the same thing for most of my family members too. Thankfully the most annoying things people post on my FB are pictures/videos of their kids, and I'll be honest -- I don't mind that but I had a friend who was over sharing that crap and I had to put him in the time out zone because he has twins and would post everything twice.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Maybe it's buried somewhere but rather then unfollowing a person I'm surprised there isn't an 'unfollow all shares from this person' option as that would cut down on a lot of trouble.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
Why do people post gross looking food?
And wtf is this?

Edit:

hallo spacedog posted:

I did a doubletake because you can't really tell from the photo, until I read the caption. Tangsuyuk is the Korean version of sweet and sour pork, only it usually has beef and that beef is deep fried, then served with a sweet sauce containing onion, carrot, apple etc over it. It's actually really pretty good usually but that is a horrific photo.

It looks like someone dumped a can of fruit cocktail on top of prechewed meat.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 17:06 on May 31, 2014

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Goosed it. posted:

Why do people post gross looking food?
And wtf is this?

I did a doubletake because you can't really tell from the photo, until I read the caption. Tangsuyuk is the Korean version of sweet and sour pork, only it usually has beef and that beef is deep fried, then served with a sweet sauce containing onion, carrot, apple etc over it. It's actually really pretty good usually but that is a horrific photo.

slacjs
Feb 27, 2009

It usually looks like this, though everytime I've had it it's been fried pork, not beef. I guess it's different depending on where you get it? :shrug:

also it's never good ;-*

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Someone posted this on Twitter:

edit: Actually this is mostly just an old lady being crazy, it just kind of starts on Facebook.

Laocius has a new favorite as of 16:50 on May 31, 2014

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Laocius posted:

edit: Actually this is mostly just an old lady being crazy, it just kind of starts on Facebook.

Wow, if even 10% of that is true, that is one crazy, abusive bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Laocius posted:

Jeeeeeeesus, I have no idea where to even begin with this.

• Locked thread