Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I get genuinely irritated when people claim to be allergic to MSG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Squashy Nipples posted:

Agreed. Among other things, I've always wished they would sell Silk soy milk in a plain brown package.

Same, but for tofu. I seem to break people's brains when I buy tofu and meat in the same trip to the grocery store. I don't know why I'd have to be vegetarian to eat tofu.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

nwin posted:

So if I had a perfectly fine gas range, what would the reason be to buy one of these?

So you can have hot pot or korean bbq at your table!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

contrapants posted:

Same, but for tofu. I seem to break people's brains when I buy tofu and meat in the same trip to the grocery store. I don't know why I'd have to be vegetarian to eat tofu.

This would make me happy:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
You know what also irritates the ever-loving piss out of me? The need to have flavoured EVERYTHING.

No, I don't need wasabi, or BBQ on my almonds. Salt is fine. Roasted is fine. PLAIN is fine. They're loving nuts. Eat them. They have a boat-load of taste to begin with.

I also don't need my soy/almond milk to be flavoured with vanilla. SILK I AM LOOKING AT YOU, YOU FUCKS. Even their unsweetened and plain ones have vanilla in. Why is that necessary? Trader Joe's has an unsweetened unflavoured, but I'm living in America's taint. The nearest Trader Joe is a 60 mile drive. No thanks.

Someone in chat mentioned that they're now adding poo poo to applesauce. APPLE SAUCE. It's apples, goddamnit. Why does it need to have cherry vanilla flavour? IT IS FREAKING APPLE SAAAAUCE. Cinnamon I can understand to an extent, but how loving long does it take to shake on some powdered cinnamon. Come on, people.

And yoghurt. Listen, I'm sure that people are addicted to sugar, but the poo poo you buy in the store does not taste like yoghurt. It tastes like sugar and cloying choking sweetness. It's loving vile. I've eaten yoghurt all my life (that my mother would make every day). I still make the stuff at home. Frankly, the stuff from the store is utter and complete poo poo.

Now they're selling artificial flavour for WATER. Hnnnnngggggg

This is never going to end is it? Soon we're going to have to have flavoured SALT.

Oh wait.

:gonk:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I like flavors, idk, they make food good.

also cinnamon glazed almonds are pretty much crack

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I try to make sure almost all my food has flavor.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I just bought skirt steak from a very very shady looking hispanic market for $5.35 per pound. Please pray for me.

Is it proper to warn my guests or should they just assume any food I prepare is suspect?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Can someone my age or older back me up on something?

The other day I was talking to my GF about red pistachios, and she thought I had gone crazy. In her hippy-dippy upbringing in the 70s, she never ate anything but uncolored pistachios, whereas where I grew up they were ALWAYS dyed bright red. The ones they sell at the supermarket these days are no longer stained, so I have no proof.

Fuckers would stain your hand red!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-TCvaNuKNQ

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yup, those were definitely a thing. I hadn't thought about them in years though. But it used to be that was pretty much all you could get.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
There were bright red ones, and green ones.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I remember those but I never understood it. Why?

Also dino. wasabi almonds are DELICIOUS.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I remember magenta pistachios alright.

dino, I totally agree with your general point but not certain examples like wasabi nuts.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
lol ok i'll stop wasabi shaming. i just hate the stuff.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

dino. posted:

There were bright red ones, and green ones.

Yeah, they always had those at bodegas. They still do if you look in your Mexican candy section next to the lead flavoured tamarind candy pops.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
"Somebody invented a keurig for tortillas" is the comment that accompanied this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJFYxLuF4E

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Drink and Fight posted:

I remember those but I never understood it. Why?

Also dino. wasabi almonds are DELICIOUS.

They were dyed to hide color imperfections in the nuts.

It was stupid so most places stopped.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Chemmy posted:

They were dyed to hide color imperfections in the nuts.

It was stupid so most places stopped.

Yeah, something with the harvesting process discolored them, so they were died to cover them up.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Has to be vapourware.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Wait a second, I thought dino was a vegan? A vegan who eats yogurt?? What is this madness

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Looks great for some Extra Mild taco mix!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Has to be vapourware.

Nah I totally think its doable, I mean it just has to flatten and heat the things but its going to be pricey to buy and all those dumb containers are going to be super expensive so its garbage regardless.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Who wants a single tortilla, anyway? Or you can just combine four ingredients and use an electric tortilla press, which exists already.

The Rotimatic is far more exciting, IMO.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I haven't seen them in stores in many years, but OF COURSE you can order them on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E1U9CY/

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Nah I totally think its doable, I mean it just has to flatten and heat the things but its going to be pricey to buy and all those dumb containers are going to be super expensive so its garbage regardless.

Next thing you know they'll have aerosol spray waffles.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Can't tell if Wiggles is joking around or living in denial of the cold, meaningless universe that he lives in

http://www.batterblaster.com/

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Midniter posted:

Wait a second, I thought dino was a vegan? A vegan who eats yogurt?? What is this madness

I once saw him eat a hot dog from a street vendor. The whole vegan gay thing is a facade to help him shift books. In reality he's a Caucasian and he's banging a stripped named Tammy.
AREN'T YOU, "dino."?

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I get genuinely irritated when people claim to be allergic to MSG.

"Red wine gives me headaches because of the sulfites."

Yet orange juice and dried fruit don't bother you?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Can't tell if Wiggles is joking around or living in denial of the cold, meaningless universe that he lives in

Wiggles has never seen those, but SubG is a HUGE fan of that particular product.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Who wants a single tortilla, anyway? Or you can just combine four ingredients and use an electric tortilla press, which exists already.

The Rotimatic is far more exciting, IMO.

Combining four ingredients is too much for that particular target customer base.

Steve Yun posted:

Mods, please change my name to Batter Blaster

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Who honestly has a hard time making tortillas. Takes like 5min to throw the dough together, and another 5 to make a dozen tortillas.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wiggles has never seen those, but SubG is a HUGE fan of that particular product.
I batter blasted your Mom.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Who honestly has a hard time making tortillas. Takes like 5min to throw the dough together, and another 5 to make a dozen tortillas.

Sandra Lee fans

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

contrapants posted:

For some reason, people think tofu is a meat replacement, and only eaten by vegetarians because they're craving meat. People think tofu is somehow similar to meat in any way other than also being full of protein.

I don't get it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

For some reason, people think tofu is a meat replacement, and only eaten by vegetarians because they're craving meat. People think tofu is somehow similar to meat in any way other than also being full of protein.

I don't get it.

Because companies market tofu dogs and mostly tofu veggie burgers and poo poo. It seems like an obvious mistake to make if you are uninformed about tofu and vegetarianism

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Because companies market tofu dogs and mostly tofu veggie burgers and poo poo. It seems like an obvious mistake to make if you are uninformed about tofu and vegetarianism

I see, that makes sense. I guess because I grew up eating tofu as, well, tofu, I think of it as its own food first.

TVP is better as a meat replacement, texture wise, but the name creeps people out.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I do. :smith:

I try and try but I can never get them flat enough without the little bastards sticking to the plastic. If those electric tortilla press things are any good I am so buying one.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I would wholeheartedly throw down on an automated tortilla mixer/press/toaster.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

The Midniter posted:

I am, you bum. Back in 2008, I managed to find unflavoured soy yoghurt at Dean and Deluca's (seriously, that store is amazing). I made a batch of yoghurt from it with soy milk & coconut cream (for the added fat; the best yoghurt I've eaten was from buffalo milk, which has way more fat than cow's milk). I've been keeping that culture going ever since. I keep a small amount in my freezer in case of disasters or emergencies.

EDIT: Jesus gently caress that thing is going to be $$$.

quote:

We’re still working out the details. The machine is expected to cost under $300 and the pods will cost less than $1 each.

dino. fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So 99 cents PER tiny tortilla. A good deal!