Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

fits posted:

Scratch and Grounder vs Toejam and Earl confirend for Killscreen :getin: :getin: :getin:
Please be the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Ahahaha, that music pause. :haw:

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Actions speak louder than words, it seems. Chell is a violent teacher.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Who to cheer for I wonder...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Terra owns so much.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wow, that Maya/Mia transition.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Kennel posted:

Terra owns so much.

;_;7

I swear we hear LOOKADISMOVECOLE 10 times as often in divas matches than in the male division

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Oh, Ayla. Never stop being amazing. And please, for the love of Bryn, win this for us, if only to pop Ivy's bloated ego at last.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I think the biggest reason why I hate Ivy is that both her outfits look kinda terrible

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm torn. I really don't like Ivy that much, but I don't like Ayla either. Can they like, both lose? Can we do that?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Shock Trooper posted:

;_;7

I swear we hear LOOKADISMOVECOLE 10 times as often in divas matches than in the male division

Pfft, like anyone would ever PLAY Divas. Why record lines for them?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh look, Ayla went and devoured another wrestler, what a surprise. :geno:

I guess Ivy at least managed to make it interesting by being equally brokenly good?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Step it up, Bazza

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Artix posted:

Oh look, Ayla went and devoured another wrestler, what a surprise. :geno:

I guess Ivy at least managed to make it interesting by being equally brokenly good?

Ayla's match with Bayonetta was way better though, and Bayo is nowhere near as broken as Ivy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Manoueverable posted:

I think the biggest reason why I hate Ivy is that both her outfits look kinda terrible

Classy Ivy is the best Ivy and I will not hear otherwise, sir! :colbert:

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Can you imagine an Ayla vs Ganondorf fight? WHY CAN'T THIS BE A THING?!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coolguye posted:

Classy Ivy is the best Ivy and I will not hear otherwise, sir! :colbert:

It's more that both of them look extremely :effort: compared to pretty much everyone else across the feds

Rude Semprini
Jun 4, 2013

Ow. Right in the self esteem.
The matches tonight were a bit underwhelming for me, though the title match did get me going a bit when Ivy looked like she was coming back from her mauling, thank God she didn't.

Maybe it's a matter of most of my faves losing. Seriously Chun Lee, where the gently caress did that come from? That wasn't just fighting above her level, that was title shot level fighting there.

Though while the matches were kind of meh, the plot was another thing altogether. That was amazing. New characters getting plot, more interest in the plot lines we have going, great character writing. drat, #2Kuality and #Twitchquality are the only things that held Bryn back tonight, because he's hitting the plot out of the park lately.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Also that EDBW promo owned

Scratch/Grounder vs Toejam/Earl nest week?? I'm already hype

e: here's their intros if you need a refresher:

Toejam and Earl
Scratch and Grounder

:getin:

e2: :siren: PROMO :siren:

fits fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 31, 2014

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Rude Semprini posted:

Though while the matches were kind of meh, the plot was another thing altogether. That was amazing. New characters getting plot, more interest in the plot lines we have going, great character writing. drat, #2Kuality and #Twitchquality are the only things that held Bryn back tonight, because he's hitting the plot out of the park lately.

Agreed. WVGCW plot was always funny, but it's starting to become genuinely interesting too. I think the number of odd bedfellows we saw tonight might've had something to do with it. Lucina and Terra, Ayla and Chell, Roll, the Boss and Mia. VGCW is always most interesting when characters from disparate franchises get face time with one another.

Hobo Siege fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 31, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Honestly I think if Bazza and Bryn actually had the ability to collaborate on the feds they would hit it out of the park. I feel like Bazza is great with wrapping everything up with Endgames even if the week to week plot can be kind of blase, meanwhile Ladies Night's plot beats always seem entertaining. If it wouldn't be impossible due to Trans-Atlantic scheduling they could go nuts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really like the Persona plot line, though I'm worried it'll end with us loosing Shadow Peach for the much less cool normal Peach. I do hope we get a match in a shadow world arena out of it though.

It's a shame the games no longer have the druid arena in it, it would be perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB5l63Pjbyc

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 31, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Everything that Bryn can directly control (aka the plot and who gets screentime), I'm loving.

The matches, not so much.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Recording!

WVGCW 05/30/2014 PLAYLIST (credit to JohnDudeBro with the recording)
00 - Loading
01 - Intro
02 - Match
03 - Plot
04 - Match
05 - Plot
06 - Tornado Tag Team
07 - Plot
08 - Submission Match
09 - Loading/Promo :siren:
10 - Plot
11 - Triple Threat
12 - Plot
13 - Tag Team
14 - Plot
15 - Gurl Gamer Championship
16 - Plot

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Rhonne posted:

It's a shame the games no longer have the druid arena in it, it would be perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB5l63Pjbyc

Wow, that's.... certainly a thing.

Cena you pussy

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Rhonne posted:

Jesus Christ, can we switch immediately to this game?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, I'm not going to say Ayla's overpowered bullshit (tm), but jesus christ, if she hadn't botched that jump and let Ivy hit her X-factor, it would have just been a squash match.

It's kinda telling that the only time she's lost in any game was to a glitched barricade headbutt. I mean, I guess Bayo got a pin on her somehow, but then immediately got loving murdered five seconds later for the other two pins.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I don't think I can boo Camstrings hard enough. I want Chun Li investigated for juicing because there's no way she changed like that over night.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

legoman727 posted:

Okay, I'm not going to say Ayla's overpowered bullshit (tm), but jesus christ, if she hadn't botched that jump and let Ivy hit her X-factor, it would have just been a squash match.

It's kinda telling that the only time she's lost in any game was to a glitched barricade headbutt. I mean, I guess Bayo got a pin on her somehow, but then immediately got loving murdered five seconds later for the other two pins.

Don't you loving dare ruin this for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm pretty sure Ivy did actually go into that match wounded from Chell's attack, she got that comeback in like 2 minutes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hobo Siege posted:

Don't you loving dare ruin this for me.

I don't think you have to worry about people turning on Ayla for a while. Especially if Bryn keeps throwing people like Bayo and Ivy at her. If she starts beating up fan favorites then you might have something to worry about.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ayla is far from unbeatable, she's been beat by several characters when I've been running tournaments in '14.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Both of the divas that I've made in 2k14 so far can beat Ayla with relatively even odds, and I certainly don't design movesets with 'effectiveness' in mind. I give them what 'looks right' and will then make changes from there if need be, mostly to get them to behave the way I want them to in the ring.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Suspicious Cook posted:

I don't think I can boo Camstrings hard enough. I want Chun Li investigated for juicing because there's no way she changed like that over night.

The Chundertaker has supernatural powers.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Being brought back from the dead can do that to people.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Saw the 9 minute length, thought "Oh great, someone's going to be squashing someone" but that was about as nail biting as any 18 minute epic.

Also I'm surprisingly happy to see KJ and Sindel finally get some plot :allears:

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

legoman727 posted:

Well, to be fair she only beat Bayonetta because Bayo didn't land her Comeback in the ring. If that had happened, Ayla would be done. Also, there's the fact that Terra was pretty loving close to beating Ayla herself and only didn't do so because Terra doesn't like to hit Signatures for some reason.

Even as someone who doesn't care much for Ayla, she isn't overpowered bullshit™. You're just looking at things the wrong way.

gently caress Chun-Li by the way. She needs to get fired ASAP. I don't give a poo poo if she's done decently now. She has always sucked in Singles. Once Camstrings losses to Still Alive or whoever for the #1 Contendership, there is no use for Chun-Li anymore.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

NTRKouhai posted:

gently caress Chun-Li by the way. She needs to get fired ASAP. I don't give a poo poo if she's done decently now. She has always sucked in Singles. Once Camstrings losses to Still Alive or whoever for the #1 Contendership, there is no use for Chun-Li anymore.

I like this sudden salt towards the dead woman. Time to push her as a proper heel and boast about her undefeated singles streak at Breakdown. :allears:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

NTRKouhai posted:

Well, to be fair she only beat Bayonetta because Bayo didn't land her Comeback in the ring. If that had happened, Ayla would be done. Also, there's the fact that Terra was pretty loving close to beating Ayla herself and only didn't do so because Terra doesn't like to hit Signatures for some reason.

Wasn't this at the End Game 6? I'm pretty sure the moment the momentum swinged was that Ayla caught a Riot Blade and turned it into the History's Strongest Slam, which is why Ayla is champion in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Picked up this game on the cheap recently. There is no in-game option to upload custom entrances as video, right? I have to use recording hardware/software for that?

• Locked thread