Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Since it says a copy of that card, I can't really see it applying to two different Hans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Played in a small tournament yesterday to get back into the game. My Imperial Navy deck did reasonably, though I still lost with it, but my Jedi deck did terribly. I think I'll tweak my Navy deck a bit, but I'm still not sure how to go with the Jedi. I think I'll test these tonight online:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Deck Builder

Affiliation:
Imperial Navy (Core)

Total Objective Sets: (10)

1x Reconnaissance Mission (Core)
2x Deploy the Fleet (The Search For Skywalker)
1x Sabotage in the Snow (Assault on Echo Base)
2x Unstoppable Advance (The Battle of Hoth)
1x Endless Reserves (Escape from Hoth)
1x Imperial Blockade (Edge of Darkness)
2x Victory or Death (Lure of the Dark Side)

Affiliation:
Rebel Alliance (Core)

2x A Hero's Journey (Core)
2x Forgotten Heroes (Core)
2x The Secret of Yavin 4 (Core)
1x Self Preservation (A Dark Time)
1x Heroes and Legends (Heroes and Legends)
1x Forward Reconnaissance (Heroes and Legends)
1x Commando Operations (Lure of the Dark Side)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Well this is really loving disappointing.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4834

quote:

To this end, we are introducing a restricted list to Star Wars: The Card Game. The restricted list is a tool that we have used in other games to regulate the environment without going to the extremes of banning cards or introducing unnecessary errata. When building a deck, a player is permitted to include the maximum number of copies of one restricted objective set in his deck. At this time, the two objective sets on the restricted list are The False Report (Heroes and Legends, objective set 99) and Against All Odds (Lure of the Dark Side, objective set 103). This means that, when building a light side deck, a player may include up to two copies of either objective set in his deck, but cannot include both objective sets together in the same deck. (One copy of each is also not permitted.)

LordNat
May 16, 2009

I don't get how they designed them for the same faction in the same cycle and did not see this problem. I mean having a restricted list is fine but this is just dumb.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

I am shocked that this happened before it happened in Netrunner. That said, being able to drop your Freeholders for almost free after getting to draw into them for free was probably a bit too good. It probably won't have been so bad if they hadn't doubled up on each of the cards either. A pair of Freeholders are nothing to shrug at either, they're hard to lock down with Tactics because of Elite and they have a ton of life.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I'm guessing that they deliberately made the combo, but didn't realize it was going to be as powerful as it ended up being. Probably like how The Long Voyage turned out in A Game of Thrones: The Card Game.

I'm also thinking that this cycle's development was interrupted or something, due to recent changes with the Star Wars brand. Might also explain why it took so long to start the cycle.

Edit: I also read somewhere that this is a temporary fix because it's the middle of Tournament Season, and things will stabilize once the whole cycle is out. Who knows.

Taran_Wanderer fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 21, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Edit: I also read somewhere that this is a temporary fix because it's the middle of Tournament Season, and things will stabilize once the whole cycle is out. Who knows.

I'm thinking this is the culprit. There was such a delay on the cycle, they probably planned to have much more of it out in the wild. That, and the fact that they playtest these cards as a complete cycle and not as datapacks, while waiting to the last minute to split them up after the designs have been finalized for production.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

That's... odd, especially as Netrunner hasn't gotten a restricted list yet (which arguably needs one pretty bad). I suppose Carteret's explanation makes some sense, though.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Knowledge and Defense Spoilers are up on cardgamedb. The Plan of the Prophetess set has the "tech lab" location for the Sith, to no one's suprise. Deadly Sight also reminds me of the "burn" archetype in the Game of Thrones LCG, though who knows if we'll see enough to make an entire deck based on it.

Looking at The Hoth Gambit again, General Carlist Rieekan is pretty drat awesome. Two Tactics icons, Shielding, and he heals Hoth Objectives? Echo Base will allow Snowspeeder Counterattack to do 4 damage, which is ridiculous. I think I'll try this deck out when I get home:

Affiliation:
Rebel Alliance (Core)

1x Echo Base Defense (The Desolation of Hoth)
2x Sensors Are Placed (The Search For Skywalker)
1x Frozen Refuge (Assault on Echo Base)
2x Hold the Line! (The Battle of Hoth)
2x Evacuation Procedure (Escape from Hoth)
2x The Hoth Gambit (Knowledge and Defense)

Might swap out Evacuation Procedure for Renegade Squadron Mobilization or Last Defense of Hoth, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I have my Regional a week from Sunday and I have no idea how these new cards are going to shape things. I'm thinking that my Jedi deck is pretty strong and not going to benefit from the new set even though the Crow is great but the rest of the set isn't that great in retrospect. I'm thinking that Scum is still too slow and I don't think Navy is particularly threatening right now so I'm sticking with pure Sith.

Here's what I'm looking at running is anyone has any thoughts.

Smugglers/Jedi

Affiliation:
Smugglers and Spies (Core)

Luke Skywalker (Core)
Twi'lek Loyalist (Core)
Jedi Lightsaber (Core)
Trust Your Feelings (Core)
Dagobah Training Grounds (Core)

2x Forgotten Heroes (Core)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Core)
Jedi in Hiding (Core)
Jedi Mind Trick (Core)
Our Most Desperate Hour (Core)
Heat of Battle (Core)

2x Asteroid Sanctuary (Edge of Darkness)
Millennium Falcon (Edge of Darkness)
Cloud City Operative (Edge of Darkness)
Cloud City Guest Quarters (Edge of Darkness)
Bamboozle (Edge of Darkness)
Twist of Fate (Edge of Darkness)

2x Heroes and Legends (Heroes and Legends)
Kyle Katarn (Heroes and Legends)
Kyle Katarn (Heroes and Legends)
Ataru Training (Heroes and Legends)
Rahn's Guidance (Heroes and Legends)
Echoes of the Force (Heroes and Legends)

2x Against All Odds (Lure of the Dark Side)
Dash Rendar (Lure of the Dark Side)
Shifty Lookout (Lure of the Dark Side)
Holding All the Cards (Lure of the Dark Side)
Holding All the Cards (Lure of the Dark Side)
Target of Opportunity (Lure of the Dark Side)

Pure Sith

Affiliation:
Sith (Core)

2x Fall of the Jedi (Core)
Darth Vader (Core)
Dark Side Apprentice (Core)
Vader's Lightsaber (Core)
Force Choke (Core)
Heat of Battle (Core)

2x Counsel of the Sith (Core)
Advisor to the Emperor (Core)
Kuati Security Team (Core)
Sith Library (Core)
Dark Precognition (Core)
Twist of Fate (Core)

2x Cruel Interrogations (Core)
Interrogation Droid (Core)
Interrogation Droid (Core)
ISB Interrogators (Core)
Intimidated (Core)
Interrogation (Core)

2x Scouring the Empire (Heroes and Legends)
Jerec (Heroes and Legends)
Imperial Inquisitor (Heroes and Legends)
Imperial Inquisitor (Heroes and Legends)
Force Storm (Heroes and Legends)
Echoes of the Force (Heroes and Legends)

2x Agent of the Emperor (Lure of the Dark Side)
Mara Jade (Lure of the Dark Side)
Imperial Shadow Guard (Lure of the Dark Side)
Mara Jade's Lightsaber (Lure of the Dark Side)
Sith Library (Lure of the Dark Side)
Rage (Lure of the Dark Side)

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

I have my Regional a week from Sunday and I have no idea how these new cards are going to shape things. I'm thinking that my Jedi deck is pretty strong and not going to benefit from the new set even though the Crow is great but the rest of the set isn't that great in retrospect. I'm thinking that Scum is still too slow and I don't think Navy is particularly threatening right now so I'm sticking with pure Sith.

Here's what I'm looking at running is anyone has any thoughts.

I'm looking forward to using The Flight of the Crow in my Jedi deck. While the Moldy Crow is pretty awesome, I think Valley of the Jedi is going to be more important, as it's the first card with Jedi resources. As for your deck, I'm always a little leery of using 4 sets of the minor affiliation. I'm not too fond of more then 1 Heroes and Legends either, because do I really want 4 Kyles floating around? Personally, I'd take out a Heroes and Legends and an Against All Odds for 2 of The Secret of Yavin 4 or In You Must Go.

As for Sith, I've been moving away from Counsel of the Sith, because of Dash/Freeholders, though I do miss the Twists of Fate sometimes. I'd think about using The Executor Arrives or The Plan of the Prophetess for those resources. I'm using Shadows of Dathomir and The Ghosts of the Darkside for more Force Struggle shenanigans, myself. However, mostly I play my Imperial Navy deck. Star Destroyers are entirely too much fun:

Affiliation:
Imperial Navy (Core)

1x Death and Despayre (Core)
2x Deploy the Fleet (The Search For Skywalker)
1x Sabotage in the Snow (Assault on Echo Base)
2x Unstoppable Advance (The Battle of Hoth)
1x Endless Reserves (Escape from Hoth)
1x Imperial Blockade (Edge of Darkness)
2x Victory or Death (Lure of the Dark Side)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I'm looking forward to using The Flight of the Crow in my Jedi deck. While the Moldy Crow is pretty awesome, I think Valley of the Jedi is going to be more important, as it's the first card with Jedi resources. As for your deck, I'm always a little leery of using 4 sets of the minor affiliation. I'm not too fond of more then 1 Heroes and Legends either, because do I really want 4 Kyles floating around? Personally, I'd take out a Heroes and Legends and an Against All Odds for 2 of The Secret of Yavin 4 or In You Must Go.

As for Sith, I've been moving away from Counsel of the Sith, because of Dash/Freeholders, though I do miss the Twists of Fate sometimes. I'd think about using The Executor Arrives or The Plan of the Prophetess for those resources. I'm using Shadows of Dathomir and The Ghosts of the Darkside for more Force Struggle shenanigans, myself.

Thanks for the Feedback, I find that Dash is usually pretty good no matter what I run, and you're right about the 4 Kyles but its nice to have a big drop for Edge battles and 3 is pretty good to follow up a twist. I also built the deck around being able to bounce things with the objective so I'm trying to see that as much as possible. Bouncing Dash or Luke can really swing a game. I'm a bit leery of using 4 sets of a minor affiliation as well I'm hoping it won't be a problem. I might swing into Jedi primary and use a pair of Han instead of ObiWan. I don't like Obiwan's objective set that much and I feel like Han would be better given that he also comes with resources and Forgotten Heroes doesn't work off Heroes and Legends, but I do like Jedi Mind Trick and while Swindled is good, it's no Mind Trick.

Sith-wise you're probably right about Counsel being not worth it in this deck. While I did enjoy the draw power, the set itself isn't so helpful. Although I'm not really feeling Executor either because the Holocron is pretty much the only thing worthwhile in the set. I'm not sold on Plan of the Prophetess either but more tactics icons is good I guess. For a while I was leaning toward Heart of the Empire because Force Stasis would be great but I don't want to draw into two of them but there's a lot of other targets for the Defense Fleet. Maybe I'll go with 1 of that and 1 Plan of the Prophetess.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

Thanks for the Feedback, I find that Dash is usually pretty good no matter what I run, and you're right about the 4 Kyles but its nice to have a big drop for Edge battles and 3 is pretty good to follow up a twist. I also built the deck around being able to bounce things with the objective so I'm trying to see that as much as possible. Bouncing Dash or Luke can really swing a game. I'm a bit leery of using 4 sets of a minor affiliation as well I'm hoping it won't be a problem. I might swing into Jedi primary and use a pair of Han instead of ObiWan. I don't like Obiwan's objective set that much and I feel like Han would be better given that he also comes with resources and Forgotten Heroes doesn't work off Heroes and Legends, but I do like Jedi Mind Trick and while Swindled is good, it's no Mind Trick.

Sith-wise you're probably right about Counsel being not worth it in this deck. While I did enjoy the draw power, the set itself isn't so helpful. Although I'm not really feeling Executor either because the Holocron is pretty much the only thing worthwhile in the set. I'm not sold on Plan of the Prophetess either but more tactics icons is good I guess. For a while I was leaning toward Heart of the Empire because Force Stasis would be great but I don't want to draw into two of them but there's a lot of other targets for the Defense Fleet. Maybe I'll go with 1 of that and 1 Plan of the Prophetess.

Ah, Heroes and Legends bouncing shenanigans are pretty cool. I had some moderate success using Jan Ors with my Jedi deck, especially after I added Embers of Hope. The 0 cost Moisture Farmers worked so well for Ors, and getting Targeted Strike on Kyle Katarn is ridiculous. Obi-Wan isn't so great, yeah. I stubbornly keep him in my deck, and he pays off when I get him out, but that 5 cost was really hard to swing. Hopefully The Flight of the Crow's resources will help my deck out with that. If you want to keep Jedi Mind Trick, maybe Jedi Training? Not the best set, but the cheaper units might might help a bit, and with all the new stuff encouraging people to win the Force Struggle, it'd be nice to have help with that.

Heck yeah Heart of the Empire. Force Stasis even has Mara Jade on it, so you have extra theme! If you're still unsure of Plan of the Prophetess, what about Reconnaissance Mission? Can't go wrong with more Fate Cards.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Ah, Heroes and Legends bouncing shenanigans are pretty cool. I had some moderate success using Jan Ors with my Jedi deck, especially after I added Embers of Hope. The 0 cost Moisture Farmers worked so well for Ors, and getting Targeted Strike on Kyle Katarn is ridiculous. Obi-Wan isn't so great, yeah. I stubbornly keep him in my deck, and he pays off when I get him out, but that 5 cost was really hard to swing. Hopefully The Flight of the Crow's resources will help my deck out with that. If you want to keep Jedi Mind Trick, maybe Jedi Training? Not the best set, but the cheaper units might might help a bit, and with all the new stuff encouraging people to win the Force Struggle, it'd be nice to have help with that.

Heck yeah Heart of the Empire. Force Stasis even has Mara Jade on it, so you have extra theme! If you're still unsure of Plan of the Prophetess, what about Reconnaissance Mission? Can't go wrong with more Fate Cards.

Reconnaissance is always an option, 3 good fate cards and a pair of free objective damage weenies. I'm going to run with 2 Hearts for right now and test on Sunday. I'm thinking that Force Stasis might not be as good with my current setup because I'm trying to keep the Force on my side but it's a nice trick to delay Han/Luke/Dash or those drat Freeholders a turn. Those things are probably my biggest issue right now, they're really loving good. I'm thinking people might go for Dash over them.

Is there no organized community for Star Wars like there is for Netrunner? I can't even find winning decklists from the past regionals without having to go to specific regional store sites.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

Reconnaissance is always an option, 3 good fate cards and a pair of free objective damage weenies. I'm going to run with 2 Hearts for right now and test on Sunday. I'm thinking that Force Stasis might not be as good with my current setup because I'm trying to keep the Force on my side but it's a nice trick to delay Han/Luke/Dash or those drat Freeholders a turn. Those things are probably my biggest issue right now, they're really loving good. I'm thinking people might go for Dash over them.

Is there no organized community for Star Wars like there is for Netrunner? I can't even find winning decklists from the past regionals without having to go to specific regional store sites.

There Is No Escape will be helpful with that, too, if you've got enough resources out, though I think playing A Game of Thrones has biased me towards board wipes.

Yeah, the Star Wars community isn't nearly as organized as Netrunner's. Cardgamedb's forums seems to have a good bunch of people, and Flip The Force has reports on tournaments and regionals.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Taran_Wanderer posted:

There Is No Escape will be helpful with that, too, if you've got enough resources out, though I think playing A Game of Thrones has biased me towards board wipes.

Yeah, the Star Wars community isn't nearly as organized as Netrunner's. Cardgamedb's forums seems to have a good bunch of people, and Flip The Force has reports on tournaments and regionals.

I'm pretty biased towards board wipes myself pretty much every MTG deck I built back in the day had at least 2 Larry's disks. That's the sole reason I'm running Jerec's set is for that sweet Force Storm which is my big counter to speeder bullshit.

There is no escape isn't that great since I have to play it after they've attacked but depending on board state it could still very much come in handy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

After a long day of testing I'm going pure Smugglers and Spies using Dash over Freeholders.

Sith side I went with 1x Emperor and 1x Executor instead of the Counsels. I tried x2 Heart of the Empire but the Defense Fleet never worked out and Force Stasis wasn't as good as I'd hoped either.

I wish I'd had more time to play around with the new Scum set, it could be good.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

After a long day of testing I'm going pure Smugglers and Spies using Dash over Freeholders.

Sith side I went with 1x Emperor and 1x Executor instead of the Counsels. I tried x2 Heart of the Empire but the Defense Fleet never worked out and Force Stasis wasn't as good as I'd hoped either.

I wish I'd had more time to play around with the new Scum set, it could be good.

Yeah, Scum is getting lots of great stuff. We'll see how they do this season. Good Luck with your games!

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

omnibobb posted:

For organizing, I have two binders (light side and dark side) then divided by faction. The very first page is my commit to the force and faction id cards.

Each page is either 2 copies or 1 copy of the pod depending on if its a one off or not.

The first copy of the pod is laid put in the top two rows in order and the second copy are doubled up into the bottom row, also in order.

I have found that the ultra pro pro series binders are great for storage.

If you disregard the front side of the first and backside of the last page, you can display 3 full objective sets per back of front page through front of next page. And then rinse repeat. Makes assessing objective sets very easy.

Basically the top left pocket of the back of the first page gets an objective. Then going across the top of that page and top of the next page, you place the rest of the pod.

Then the middle left pocket on the backside of the first page gets an object I've. Corresponding cards go across the middle row of that page and the next page.

So no straggling cards of a pod across page turns. Every card in a pod is available at a glance.

Use the empty front side of first page for faction cards.

*edit* my phone app didn't update. So I did not see that a couple people already shared this info.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 2, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I did the same thing a couple months ago, it's great. Can't really do any better than those pages.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

That's actually really smart. You could even toss a set you never use on the front and back pages.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Got a chance to play with Flight of the Crow yesterday using this deck:

Affiliation:
Jedi (Core)

1x Forgotten Heroes (Core)
2x Self Preservation (A Dark Time)
2x The Flight of the Crow (Knowledge and Defense)

Overall, I'm very pleased with how it worked. The extra resources really helped me get out Obi-Wan more easily, and I'd forgotten how awesome Obi-Wan can be. In fact, I think I'll replace a The Secret of Yavin 4 with another Forgotten Heroes and see how that works. Hopefully two Guardians and Soresu Training will be enough to protect people. Knowledge and Defense is up on OCTGN now, so I think I'll spend some time testing tonight. Anyone have thoughts on Jedi?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Got a chance to play with Flight of the Crow yesterday using this deck:

Affiliation:
Jedi (Core)

1x Forgotten Heroes (Core)
2x Self Preservation (A Dark Time)
2x The Flight of the Crow (Knowledge and Defense)

Overall, I'm very pleased with how it worked. The extra resources really helped me get out Obi-Wan more easily, and I'd forgotten how awesome Obi-Wan can be. In fact, I think I'll replace a The Secret of Yavin 4 with another Forgotten Heroes and see how that works. Hopefully two Guardians and Soresu Training will be enough to protect people. Knowledge and Defense is up on OCTGN now, so I think I'll spend some time testing tonight. Anyone have thoughts on Jedi?

Yeah after you make that switch thats pretty much what I was looking at running.
2x Luke, 2x Kyle, 2x Obiwan, 2x Crow and 2x Red 5.

Knowledge and Defense won't be legal for my regional next week which is good because I think Scum might be really good with that new set.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah after you make that switch thats pretty much what I was looking at running.
2x Luke, 2x Kyle, 2x Obiwan, 2x Crow and 2x Red 5.

Knowledge and Defense won't be legal for my regional next week which is good because I think Scum might be really good with that new set.

It's in stores, why wouldn't it be legal?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

PJOmega posted:

It's in stores, why wouldn't it be legal?

Because nobody here has gotten it(Singapore). I'd argue it with the store but since I'm not using a set from it, it benefits me for them to not allow it. I think it will arrive this week and I'll certainly argue that someone who has it should be allowed to use it if we don't get it in.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
FFG's tournament ruling is "unless we specifically say it isn't, it's legal if you've bought it and possess it"

There was one case over in X-Wing where some new stuff came out in the middle of a cycle of regional tourneys, so they made it illegal for that instance...but if your local store isn't following proper procedures, you may want to call them on it (that said, if it's working out in your favor for it not to be allowed....well...I guess it's in your favor to not say much)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

jivjov posted:

FFG's tournament ruling is "unless we specifically say it isn't, it's legal if you've bought it and possess it"

There was one case over in X-Wing where some new stuff came out in the middle of a cycle of regional tourneys, so they made it illegal for that instance...but if your local store isn't following proper procedures, you may want to call them on it (that said, if it's working out in your favor for it not to be allowed....well...I guess it's in your favor to not say much)

In the Star Wars LCG Tournament rules it says that stuff in North America is legal when it is released in America and other countries should check legality with their store so I think thats for these cases when a tournament occurs so close to the release that it would be impossible to get in time. It should be out here this week but I can understand if they not allow it ahead of time becausr shipping delays happen all the time and its just easier to say "Ok, its not allowed even if it comes out the week before. " That's what they did with Upstalk although they ended up scheduling that Regional two weeks earlier so it didn't matter.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

omfg

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4856

edit: new yoda,

quote:

new versions of iconic characters like Luke Skywalker join the fight alongside new heroes and villains, such as Prince Xizor and Talon Karrde.

:stare:

alg fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 5, 2014

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
But wait, there's more.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=245&esem=1&epmi=s

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Card image collections: here and here

I like the Following Fate objective and the new Yoda, along with The Flight of the Crow from Knowledge and Defense, for encouraging using just Jedi, but not actually requiring it. Did we really need another Yoda and Obi-Wan, though?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Just finished the Asia regionals in Singapore. Took 8th by the skin of my teeth, was completely burnt after two days of Netrunner and played like total poo poo. Smacked a bottle after my opponent first turn double swindled my pair of royal guards before I could take the force, resulting in him doing one damage from the force then dropping a Sleuth and blowing up a different objective with Across the Anoat, Questionable Contacts and Dash's objective on the board. This happened just after he'd held me off winning the previous game with three Corrupt Officials when I needed 1 point of Blast Damage. I made terrible plays all day long though so his good luck wasn't the only thing working against me. After two days of Netrunner and little sleep my brain and patience were minimal, I also really felt the sting of having no competitive play group because I saw quite a few decks that I didn't know what to expect out of. Only 15 players total but I really can't count myself among the better ones like I would have hoped. My last game after losing as dark side on 11 dial, I first turned a Falcon and attacked into a Dark Trooper with Veers lost the edge battle then let him shoot me for 3 because I wasn't paying attention to what Veers did. He wouldn't let me take it back and I didn't protest and gave him the game. He came in first in the Swiss, he earned his 27 points with hard fought wins, today he was the better man. I hope he won the Regional just so Jedi splashing Smugglers and Navy could show it was possible to play something other than Sith/Smugglers which I'd say half the field was running.

Also he was playing Heroes and Legends, almost the exact deck style I posted earlier except he used Yoda instead of Obiwan and went with Freeholders over Dash. It was poetic justice. I really wish there was a scene for this game in Taiwan.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kilazar posted:

I have found that the ultra pro pro series binders are great for storage.

If you disregard the front side of the first and backside of the last page, you can display 3 full objective sets per back of front page through front of next page. And then rinse repeat. Makes assessing objective sets very easy.

Basically the top left pocket of the back of the first page gets an objective. Then going across the top of that page and top of the next page, you place the rest of the pod.

Then the middle left pocket on the backside of the first page gets an object I've. Corresponding cards go across the middle row of that page and the next page.

So no straggling cards of a pod across page turns. Every card in a pod is available at a glance.

Use the empty front side of first page for faction cards.

*edit* my phone app didn't update. So I did not see that a couple people already shared this info.

Haha, I had to draw this in my head because I *thought* I did it the same way but from the initial read it sounded like you didn't.

After drawing it out, yep, that way seems to be the best way to store and also display the cards.

I really want to think of a way to put the name of the objective into the pocket where the associated obj card goes so I can quickly dissemble and sort pods coming out of my deck during testing.

So in the layout we both use, the top left pocket will store "A Heroes Journey" but also a label underneath that will also say "A Heroes Journey" Maybe labels going across the front of the pocket from this really ancient label maker I have.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, that's how I've got my cards set up too. My only problem with it is just how long it takes to pull a deck out and put one back in the binder. I wish I just had an encyclopedic knowledge of all the pods so I could just keep everything in a card box and be done with it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Not sure how I feel about the upcoming deluxe expansion...it doesn't seem to have as cohesive of a theme as the previous two. The first fleshed out the two fringer factions, the second added the asymmetrical play, and this one is....just some cards I guess.

EDIT: Wow, didn't mean to double post, my bad.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I'm excited, but I may be biased as a Scum player. They're getting a bunch of cards, and boy do they need it. On that note: finally, a GOOD Boba Fett!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Having just played against a Scum player at Regionals and asking his thoughts he noted that Fett is currently one of the best counters to Freeholders and with Reversal of Fate you're probably going to take the Edge. I didn't think old Fett was terrible just bad against the current crop of Smugglers cheap guys/sleuth and awesome objectives abuse that's been around a while.

As good as that new Fett is against a lot of things, it doesn't do anything against Freeholders/Dash/Sleuth/Falcon without some serious help. He can take objectives on his own if unopposed and Scum has a lot better resources now via payout.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Does anyone still play the old Star Wars CCG? I have some boxes of old cards and I'm wondering if they'd be worth anything to anyone.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

door Door door posted:

Does anyone still play the old Star Wars CCG? I have some boxes of old cards and I'm wondering if they'd be worth anything to anyone.

Chances are you don't have the stuff that saw limited release and are sitting on a bunch of premiere but I'll take them off your hands. Post some pictures, here or in private message and tell me what sets you have, if you know.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

PaybackJack posted:

Chances are you don't have the stuff that saw limited release and are sitting on a bunch of premiere but I'll take them off your hands. Post some pictures, here or in private message and tell me what sets you have, if you know.

I'm actually out of town right now, but when I get home in a week I'll send you some photos. I honestly have no idea what sets I have because I stopped playing when I was like 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4868

Work on getting the cycles out on time, FFG =/

• Locked thread