Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

whatshesaid posted:

I got the news today that I was selected to get my dream nursing job, in the field I wanted, and a 12-minute drive from my house. All that stands between me and a real salary is the NCLEX (board exam). But I will pass first time, no doubt. This is the best day. It still seems like a dream.

In a couple months I will be living it the gently caress up, buying all the stupid poo poo I want! I'm terrible with my money. Single, no kids, gently caress it! That's what you're supposed to do in your late 20s. Okay I'm almost 30, but so what. :cool: :cheers:

Congrats!! Luxurious bachelorism sounds glorious. At least 4 more years of school here :(

The worst part is that it keeps raining so I can't bbq :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

Nasgate posted:

Congrats!! Luxurious bachelorism sounds glorious. At least 4 more years of school here :(

The worst part is that it keeps raining so I can't bbq :(

You can do it, man. I have two bachelor's degrees now--a total of 8 years in college, all told. This didn't come easy. Kids are hosed these days when it comes to actually using their degree in a good job after graduation. My advice, don't pick a bullshit major. Go straight for health care or teaching or something like that.

I'm really excited about shopping for a couch. Like a real, actual adult :razz:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Feel Like drinking at home tonight but don't want to feel like you're drinking alone? Hop into Drunkchat, starting now! Service guarantees citizenship!

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gzfjdikzt4ptgf5iomnlycjv4ua?hl=en

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

whatshesaid posted:

You can do it, man. I have two bachelor's degrees now--a total of 8 years in college, all told. This didn't come easy. Kids are hosed these days when it comes to actually using their degree in a good job after graduation. My advice, don't pick a bullshit major. Go straight for health care or teaching or something like that.

Don't cheap out or you'll end up spending more replacing a lovely couch.

I say this as a multiple couch-buyer.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

kastein posted:

I hope deburring was performed because that's going to hurt if you forget and eat off it sometime. Screaming and bleeding from the lips isn't very bachelor. :ohdear:

Of course. Broke out the files immediately. Then again, it's a serving spoon, so I don't eat with it.

JEEVES420 posted:

The kind that finds the solution with least amount of work...lazy kind I guess.

Jeherrin, what were you cooking? This is important man.

Cassoulet. It required spooning out 1/2 kilo of cannellini beans from a big pot of stock they'd been cooking in for an hour or so. Not fun with a fork, hence bachelor DIY madness.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Jeherrin posted:

Of course. Broke out the files immediately. Then again, it's a serving spoon, so I don't eat with it.

Cassoulet. It required spooning out 1/2 kilo of cannellini beans from a big pot of stock they'd been cooking in for an hour or so. Not fun with a fork, hence bachelor DIY madness.

Strainer, dude.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I hope deburring was performed because that's going to hurt if you forget and eat off it sometime. Screaming and bleeding from the lips isn't very bachelor. :ohdear:

Well that kind of depends. I once had nothing better to do all day so I attempted to eat an entire pineapple.

It did not end well but I learned many things about myself that day.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

whatshesaid posted:

Wait till your bills catch up to your salary like a real, actual adult :razz:
I kid but seriously enjoy buying lots of toys now before you start upping your living expenses.

Drink and Fight posted:

Strainer, dude.

Spoon on side of pot works too.

JEEVES420 has a new favorite as of 02:15 on May 31, 2014

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Well that kind of depends. I once had nothing better to do all day so I attempted to eat an entire pineapple.

It did not end well but I learned many things about myself that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RrQc4ZAi_o
LA Beast must be your spirit animal.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Are there any sweet YouTube channels you guys and gals watch when you get your drink on? I'm partial to reviews for... Well anything and wrestling bloopers.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
Good Mythical Morning and Mental Floss. Others, too, but I won't mention because they're girly.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

whatshesaid posted:

Good Mythical Morning and Mental Floss. Others, too, but I won't mention because they're girly.

I'm a straight male who listens to Jason Mraz. Girly does not concern me.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

whatshesaid posted:

I am insanely jealous of your couch shopping! I don't have room for a couch but had a lot of fun shopping for a bean bag.......bean bags are bachelor right???

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Are there any sweet YouTube channels you guys and gals watch when you get your drink on? I'm partial to reviews for... Well anything and wrestling bloopers.

Crash Course and Sci Show are my go to channels when I'm drinking alone and want to watch something while playing a game or surfing the web.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

gently caress the haters. Cornhole is fun as hell.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't cheap out or you'll end up spending more replacing a lovely couch.

I say this as a multiple couch-buyer.

Oh god yes. A couch is the sort of purchase that can really gently caress you if you're not really careful.

You go into a store and see one that looks nice and sit in it for a few seconds or maybe even a couple of minutes. Everything seems okay so you buy it and bring it home.

Only to realise that the armrests have harsh corners that dig into your side if you lean on them. Or the front has a wooden panel inside it to keep the fabric neat and it digs into the back of your legs if you sit in the one spot for too long. Or your bum sinks too much. Or the base is so wide that, even sitting with your legs right up against the couch, there's a space between the small of your back and the back of the couch and, after a while, your back aches.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I recommend bringing a book and/or tablet to the furniture store and chilling for a while for testing purposes.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Also lay down on it for a while. Everyone likes to lay/sleep on the couch so that is important. Make that couch in the store yours for a good hour.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

JEEVES420 posted:

Also lay down on it for a while. Everyone likes to lay/sleep on the couch so that is important. Make that couch in the store yours for a good hour.

kastein posted:

I recommend bringing a book and/or tablet to the furniture store and chilling for a while for testing purposes.

This

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

whatshesaid posted:

In a couple months I will be living it the gently caress up, buying all the stupid poo poo I want! I'm terrible with my money. Single, no kids, gently caress it!

This is my exact feeling today! I was accepted for a paid internship that actually uses the skills I've been going to school for. No more starved student meals! I can go to movies in the theater! I can buy beer without paying in quarters! Buy something that's NOT a textbook from Amazon!

I felt so rich that I celebrated by spending four dollars in quarters at garage sales this morning. Living large!

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
One of my favorite drunken meals to make is tuna mac, which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like... macaroni and cheese + tuna. One can of tuna per box of mac and cheese, three cups of frozen veggies per box if you're feeling adventurous (a few nights ago i threw in frozen peas, broccoli, & garlic salt), aaand I will admit that i've subbed mayo for butter or milk when I've been out of one (somehow it's usually just one)

Also, add some shredded cheese at the very end, and hot sauce according to taste

macky2dope has a new favorite as of 08:18 on Jun 1, 2014

Zombie Pirate
Jan 3, 2009

Kitty, you wouldn't happen to have any super powers, would you?

macky2dope posted:

One of my favorite drunken meals to make is tuna mac, which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like... macaroni and cheese + tuna. One can of tuna per box of mac and cheese, three cups of frozen veggies per box if you're feeling adventurous (a few nights ago i threw in frozen peas, broccoli, & garlic salt), aaand I will admit that i've subbed mayo for butter or milk when I've been out of one (somehow it's usually just one)

Also, add some shredded cheese at the very end, and hot sauce according to taste

If you have plain yogurt use that instead of mayo. It makes your mac and cheese tangy and delicious.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bulb blew out on my big rear end DLP tv. Ordered a new one from amazon that should be here tuesday. Bought. Tiny rear end tv at walmart to use for the weekend that I will return after the bulb comes in. Not sure if bachelor, white trash, or both.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I make cheese sauce for pasta with milk and cornflour all the time. Its easy as gently caress and is the go-to hangover food.

I do it with tuna too and an onion. Peas might be nice.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Bulb blew out on my big rear end DLP tv. Ordered a new one from amazon that should be here tuesday. Bought. Tiny rear end tv at walmart to use for the weekend that I will return after the bulb comes in. Not sure if bachelor, white trash, or both.

Rental "purchases" are very bachelor. I do this with tools all the time; other than cable guys, who the gently caress needs a CAT-5 crimper for more than a weekend?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheKingslayer posted:

Well anything and wrestling bloopers.

Come on, Botchamania has 250+ episodes!

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

macky2dope posted:

I do this at least once a week and it makes like an entire day's worth of food or even more depending on what you put in it, mac and cheese is super versatile and easier than starting with plain pasta. when I was lifting and trying to put on weight I'd eat a box of mac and cheese with a pound of ground round/sirloin in it like every other day, now I sometimes use an extra box of mac and cheese, steam a bunch of broccoli and throw it in, peas, extra cheese, red peppers, garlic, whatever.

works with sausage, bacon, leftover steak (lol as if there is ever leftover steak), gyro meat etc. etc. too, and tuna if you're so unlucky as to not have any other protein available :(

codespace
May 3, 2011

Bachelor chow: box of Kraft, indeterminate glop of Country Crock, powdered cheez packet, half cup of red pasta sauce. Who has time for milk?

Also, once, while I was renting an apartment in Phoenix, my toilet clogged. I didn't own a plunger, so I just stopped flushing it. 4 months later, I left.

Feel kinda bad for the maintenance guy who walked in after I left.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't cheap out

HR from my soon-to-be place of employment called me today. Unfortunately my pay is significantly lower than what I was expecting. I'll have to continue living like a poor person for a while longer.
I'm still buying a loving couch though. There's one at Overstock that I've decided I want. It's kinda small but that's fine. I don't need anything bigger. My parents bought me an exercise bike I'd been wanting as a graduation present. I live in a townhouse, and I've got too much poo poo jockeying for space in my living room. I have a month to use a 15% coupon which would make it right around $400. If I can't buy it in the next month, I'll still have a 10% coupon I can use. I honestly don't spend much time on any couch I'd have. I nap occasionally but that's pretty much it. I watch movies sitting in a computer chair. But the couch has two reviews and they were both very positive, so eh.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Don't ever buy a couch without seeing it in person first. It's one of those things.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Come on, Botchamania has 250+ episodes!

Botchamania may be my favorite for getting drunk and laughing. I never ever get tired of watching Sabu botch everything.

All the short and indie horror movies on YouTube are a great time killer too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

codespace posted:

Also, once, while I was renting an apartment in Phoenix, my toilet clogged. I didn't own a plunger, so I just stopped flushing it. 4 months later, I left.

Feel kinda bad for the maintenance guy who walked in after I left.

And we're back to the essence of this thread.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

JEEVES420 posted:

*Brings a case, eighth, box of swishers and lighter into the furniture store*

cname has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Jun 2, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

gently caress the haters. Cornhole is fun as hell.

Yes it is.

My friend's wife painted him a Game of Thrones Cornhole set:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Yeah, and beds too. It's like going on a blind date. How often do they work out? Don't do it, don't plan on being the exception to the rule because that's dumb.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Outrail posted:

Yeah, and beds too. It's like going on a blind date. How often do they work out? Don't do it, don't plan on being the exception to the rule because that's dumb.

Another similarity: if you pick one up off the street (bed or date), you might end up with bugs.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
Most productive Monday I've had in a while. 3-starred like 15 levels in Cut the Rope and 20 levels in Cut the Rope Experiments, completing both games, then played a couple dozen levels in Cut the Rope 2, and 3-starred a couple entire zones in Cut the Rope Time Travel :v:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Does it count as day drinking if you started when it was night? :confused:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

whatshesaid posted:

HR from my soon-to-be place of employment called me today. Unfortunately my pay is significantly lower than what I was expecting. I'll have to continue living like a poor person for a while longer.

This sounds like a University Hospital, which sucks, because there's not really any negotiation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
It's actually a private psych hospital owned by a huge corporation. Everyone I've talked to is shocked that the starting RN pay is so low. They really wanted me to accept the offer so they offered me an extra dollar because I have my BSN. But drat. It's low.

• Locked thread