Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Wrong thread.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

These are legitimately really cool

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Why no U.S. players in #WorldCupRank?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

"It takes a certain level of courage to go with an American because if it doesn't work out, it's not, 'The player didn't work out.' It's, 'the American didn't work out,'" Lalas said. "Not only did you mess up, but you messed up with an American. In the realm of hedging your bets, that was a much riskier proposition given the perception and given where Americans have traditionally been."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
American "Red Devil" Redditors react to Malcolm Glazer's death

quote:

RIP.

Reading the comments on this post, I wish people understood that what the Glazers did in buying United off the back of huge finance deals is actually common practice, and handled correctly, hugely beneficial.

quote:

Even though what he did to United was controversial, he was still part of the club. My condolences.

quote:

RIP. Thanks for all you did for our club.

Edit: Stop being petty.. there are far worse owners out there. Our club is still strong and we're working off the debt.

quote:

This especially sad for me as a Buccaneers and United supporter. RIP and thank you for everything, Mr. Glazer

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

PirateBob posted:

American "Red Devil" Redditors react to Malcolm Glazer's death

This seems normal idgi?

Man Utd are much stronger commercially now thanks to him and the only reason they're poo poo now is (probably) because of Moyes.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

This seems normal idgi?

Man Utd are much stronger commercially now thanks to him and the only reason they're poo poo now is (probably) because of Moyes.

Not the thread for it, but briefly:
There's no loving way adding £700m of personal debt to a company can be beneficial.
All major football clubs have more revenue now compared to 8 years ago. Other owners of United could also have struck lucrative new deals.
United still being strong is mostly down to Fergie.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Without the Glazers Man U wouldn't be able to compete with Chelsea and City show some bloody respect to a United Legend.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Man utd only won 1 Champion's League title since they took over clearly they've been disastrous for the club

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Jose posted:

Man utd only won 1 Champion's League title since they took over clearly they've been disastrous for the club

this needs to be drilled into the head of every moronic man united fan who thinks they have bad owners

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

from the kit thread

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Dunno about aiding ref decisions, but a player camera would probably be pretty fun to watch.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
just so long as it had some pretty good image stabilisation going on. I am not sure if grafting a steadycam to a footy shirt would be too practical...

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Implant one in the centre of their foreheads imho, it can be powered by the kinetic shirt or whatever.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

Implant one in the centre of their foreheads imho, it can be powered by the kinetic shirt or whatever.
Gervinho suddenly most valuable player in world football

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Here's a Bleacher Report article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2074295-30-world-cup-stars-the-game-of-thrones-characters-they-most-closely-represent/page/2

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea Ned Stark bangs the elderly

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
I laughed but.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvRTnXaDRjU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Laughed out loud at 1min.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Oh my loving god

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

loving murder these moron nerd assholes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

2spooky for me at the end there :spooky:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bad link?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

bleacher report ftw

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

lol by Stan Collymore

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ah yes, the top 6 reason to be excited about the WC is to see how a poo poo team that will finish 4th in their group will fare without one of its poo poo players.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Yes, that's why it's in this thread.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Is that suarez's bedroom?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Byolante posted:

Is that suarez's bedroom?

Stop doxxing me you rear end in a top hat

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

See, I see it the other way... the same was Donovan did.

He said MLS is harder for that very reason, there's far more hustle and physical play...

It's chaos and confusion at time. To me that pace and erratic style causes confusion in defenses. We are comfortable playing that way. But, the other nations around the world aren't ready to play against that type of game. German teams especially fold when the play breaks down and isn't going according to script.

If you can take out best skill players, and have them use that style of game, EJ, Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, etc. we could catch the world off guard not ready for it. They would try to sit back in a posession style game, and we'd beat them to most 50/50 balls, and create chances out of nothing, and tire them down throughout the 90 to where goals late in games became a regularity. Because we could swap in next guy off the bench with regularity and rotate the line-ups, it would keep our players fresher over the coarse of a tournament, that when other players competing against them after a lengthy European season where they're used to cooler temperatures, suddenly have to stay with our fresher players who are used to playing in the heat, and had been rested over the winter, we could have a MAJOR advantage.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

He said MLS is harder for that very reason, there's far more hustle and physical play...

It's chaos and confusion at time. To me that pace and erratic style causes confusion in defenses. We are comfortable playing that way. But, the other nations around the world aren't ready to play against that type of game. German teams especially fold when the play breaks down and isn't going according to script.

If you can take out best skill players, and have them use that style of game, EJ, Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, etc. we could catch the world off guard not ready for it. They would try to sit back in a posession style game, and we'd beat them to most 50/50 balls, and create chances out of nothing, and tire them down throughout the 90 to where goals late in games became a regularity. Because we could swap in next guy off the bench with regularity and rotate the line-ups, it would keep our players fresher over the coarse of a tournament, that when other players competing against them after a lengthy European season where they're used to cooler temperatures, suddenly have to stay with our fresher players who are used to playing in the heat, and had been rested over the winter, we could have a MAJOR advantage.
I want to watch all 3 of the USAs games with this guy, I really do

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

yeah really if you think about it we'd do much better if all our players were poo poo and played in a poo poo league.

I want to see this guy's team of MLS superstars go up against Germany for real.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

yeah really if you think about it we'd do much better if all our players were poo poo and played in a poo poo league.

I want to see this guy's team of MLS superstars go up against Germany for real.

You're in luck, they do just that this summer.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

So playing lovely football is our gameplan, then. Our team is well-suited for this style, hats off to K-man for figuring it out.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pik_d posted:

You're in luck, they do just that this summer.

I know. That's not what I meant. He's talking about rotating players in and out of the lineup all over the place because they all play in the MLS so they can play their terrible style or whatever. I'm saying I want them to actually do this MLS squad rotation against Germany, because clearly the Germans would fold when they come up against the chaos and confusion of 11 MLS players all trying to two-foot tackle them at once.

e: lmao whoops I missed you were talking about the MLS All-Star game instead of USA v. Germany at the World Cup. My bad.