Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

At the time I thought that was a lack of energy and him looking around was an attempt at "could you guys do all the work for me, pretty please :shobon:", but it was disappointing either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

At the time I thought that was a lack of energy and him looking around was an attempt at "could you guys do all the work for me, pretty please :shobon:", but it was disappointing either way.

Even if it was that his legs were gone, hes in the maglia rosa and when you've got that jersey on you better expect that no-ones going to help you keep it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Chris Froome is a massive bitch https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/471724810004086784

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Seems like quite a good point hes made.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Translation?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gibbo posted:

Translation?

edit: go with VC, don't trust a Australian's poor translation of anything

Byolante fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 30, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Byolante posted:

It looks like someone was upset they aren't doing enough doping controls on the giro, then froome makes a douchebag smug comment about the complainer benefiting from less doping controls.

Froome is complaining about a lack of testing in Tenerife (where he trains) Because Nibali and Contador are there as well. Ironic because he spends the offseason in South Africa where testing is very minimal as well. The sport is a farce lol.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Chris Froome calls for more anti-doping tests in Tenerife

and you are not disappointed by the use of tramadol from team sky ?

Will Froome make a donation to the UCI to help fight doping ?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

These bike changes are hella slow. Also someone needs deck the Sardinians.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I feel like we should have all tried to guess how many Columbians would be top 10 this stage.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Quintana is now secure and confirmed he is the strongest in this Giro.

Aru is on the podium despite a good TT from Rolland, it's nice for Itay, he got a good chance at 2nd, tomorrow, he should attack.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007

vaginal culture posted:

Froome is complaining about a lack of testing in Tenerife (where he trains) Because Nibali and Contador are there as well. Ironic because he spends the offseason in South Africa where testing is very minimal as well. The sport is a farce lol.

From what I've read, what Froome is saying makes a lot of sense. One of these three riders will likely win the Tour and they will inevitably be asked if they were tested while training. I'd rather be able to say yes I have been tested.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He's also making a very good point that out of season testing (when the doping is at its most prevalent) is very poor and should be increased.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

He's also making a very good point that out of season testing (when the doping is at its most prevalent) is very poor and should be increased.

Well then he should lead by example and show he is clean in the off season instead of being passive aggressive.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Byolante posted:

Well then he should lead by example and show he is clean in the off season instead of being passive aggressive.

How?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Train somewhere with good doping controls

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Byolante posted:

Where you train shouldn't matter. The insane thing is out of competition testing for cycling is so far ahead of other sports. Tennis players are lucky to have one.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Byolante posted:

It shouldn't be responsibility of the riders to be at the convenience of the testers. They do their part by reporting whereabouts. It's not like they're "hiding" on Teide. Where at altitude has good doping controls?

http://inrng.com/2014/03/where-are-you-adams-whereabouts/

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 30, 2014

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Being that 3 of the top riders are all training there, I'm pretty sure the doping control folks could get their poo poo together and take a boat or whatever out there. I know I'm underestimating the enormous headache these doping controls must be, but come the gently caress on. It's Froome, Nibali, and Contador, all in the same hotel somewhere.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006

Iron Beagle posted:

It's Froome, Nibali, and Contador, all in the same hotel somewhere.

Which is already a problem doping aside, it's not ethical and it's opening the door for collusion.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Mr.Nice posted:

Which is already a problem doping aside, it's not ethical and it's opening the door for collusion.

This isn't Vino. You really think those three guys are going to buy and sell the Tour? And let's be honest, collusion between Pro Teams happens every day in racing. Recall OPQS and Saxo (?) splitting the field last year in the Tour. They talked about it beforehand during the stage.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Not to the point of selling the tour, something as mundane as the "I won't attack you on a mechanical/crashes" (but will on other favourites riders) can already change quite a lot.
Imo, collusion during the race is different than one made a month before, it's still minor point compared to contract negotiation during the tour, where there is strong pressure on some riders, mostly domestiques, to favour future team interest over current.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Those guys chose that local because it's historically been void of testers. National anti-doping agencies don't have the funds to send testers to far flung destinations and they know that.

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Fabio I know you're in a hurry but my friend here wants a word!

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Also cross-postin from the bike thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc4QXXrP1f4

:allears:

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Chris Froome frustrated by lack of consistent drug testing

Froome posted:

The Team Sky rider added, "Something that's been quite frustrating for us is that when we go up to Tenerife and do the really hard training rides to get ourselves ready for the Tour, we come down and journalists ask, 'We're you tested up there?'

"We can't lie and say, 'yes we were' when we weren't. We need to be tested to be able to say to people, 'Listen, we're being tested all the time, there's no way anything untoward is happening here.'"

:siren: Queen stage today :siren:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Now I can understand people reposting links in fast moving, fast changing threads but we were talking about this 3 posts before yours

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I'm going to miss today's stage :( on the other hand I'm in the middle of The French wine country.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Worth it if it's Bordeaux or Bourgogne :)
The stage should be on the Rai website in the evening.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Now I can understand people reposting links in fast moving, fast changing threads but we were talking about this 3 posts before yours

It's a different and more recent interview (May 30, BBC Radio 5 live) than the one posted previously (May 28 Cycling news).

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

This will make you :3:

Cyclingnews posted:

A little aside from the racing. Belkin rider Jos van Emden chose that midway up the Monte Grappa yesterday was the right time to propose to his girlfriend. He climbed off his bike and proposed to her at the side of the road. Fortunately she said yes and he finished well within the time cut. Here is the moment captured on camera.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Russian Bear posted:

This will make you :3:

What a hottie, she landed a catch.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
That's an amazing way to propose.

Zoncolan in 10km, more than 100k spectators reported there.

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007
I'm stupidly excited for this, and rooting hard for the break.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Wait did they just slow down deliberately?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Come on Rodgers, do australia proud!

Also the rider who tossed the tifosi idiot's glasses was great

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Cavendish out there pushing riders into each other.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Arun looks in huge trouble

I hope that spectator gets the poo poo beaten out of him

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lol the idiot pushing Bongiorno off his bike.

I always wondered what Byolante looked like.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Find that man and shoot him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Rogers will stop and get into a fistfight and let him catch up.

• Locked thread