Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Welp, finally got back into the queue, sitting at 1274 that hasn't moved for about 10 minutes.

Time to watch a movie and maybe ill get to play sometime during the evening :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Damiya posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/jerleminara

I'm streaming my Medic adventures if you guys want to watch :)

You have a custom UI already?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Curse has a couple addons already that you can easily install with the client.

Also a goon made an addon to get the SA smileys in game

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
For those getting faced with an empty character creation screen:

quote:

If you open up another window of Wildstar and log into your account it will kick you off the old client and when you re log you will be in character creation!

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer
Changing realm to Hazak kept getting stuck, it'd just do the hamster wheel thing to get the realm information and then nothing. But after trying about a dozen times I've finally gotten myself in to the queue, so for anyone else having the same issue just keep trying, it'll probably work eventually.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
Known issue: Players are treated as Guest and not placed into queues correctly

:smith:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Guess I'm not playing until either Carbine or Vodafone realize there's an issue for NZ players. I don't really feel like dealing with latency from playing through a European VPN.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

y_y posted:

Known issue: Players are treated as Guest and not placed into queues correctly

Fun fact : Sometimes you're not allowed to talk in zone either ! Also your preorder items are sometimes not authorized for your characters.

Apparently this happens if you don't pr-order through their website ?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm switching between not having a valid game account for EU and not being able to connect.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Came back to my computer after re-painting our kitchen, was at character creation screen with working UI and all. Just not on Kazak :(

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

Woo went from 890 to 250 in the queue in only about a half hour. I think it may be a perfect sweet spot of time where all the PST nerds who stayed up late are going to bed (4:00am) and only a few of the EST nerds have woken up and made coffee yet! (7:00am)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Goon Squad is rolling on Warbringer, Carbine asked us to move because we'd be a healthy population base for the server to build off of.

The server will be up within the next few minutes.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Doublestep posted:

Goon Squad is rolling on Warbringer, Carbine asked us to move because we'd be a healthy population base for the server to build off of.

warbringer up
no queue!

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
'Client version does not match the game server version'

...despite the fact I was able to run the beta version perfectly and the current client is fully up to date with all new patches for launch. All the suggestions from the Wildstar Support Desk don't work. Have to redownload and reinstall from scratch, hoping like hell it works despite others with the same problem saying that reinstallation doesn't always fix it.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
If you alt-F4 during the loading screen after character creation you can restart the game and grab another name without the log out timer :thumbsup:

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

'You don't appear to have a valid US account, hang on we'll pass you to the EU realms'

k

'You don't appear to have a valid EU account, hang on we'll pass you to the NA realms'

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Doublestep posted:

What? Well that sucks.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Doublestep posted:

Is everyone for sure rerolling then?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Good gravy I can't even get the launcher to open - im presuming their servers are getting hammered?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

It's a pretty low pop server still but okay.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Doublestep posted:

For realsies?

Sivin
Jul 18, 2003
Rerolling on Warbringer then

Madbullogna
Jul 23, 2009
But...but...my whole three levels.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Hazak was sitting at 120+ position for half an hour so I tried other EU realms. Ecko let me in instantly even though it said full.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Ratzap posted:

Hazak was sitting at 120+ position for half an hour so I tried other EU realms. Ecko let me in instantly even though it said full.

Meanwhile, I'm at position 402 in the Eko queue. Ah, MMO launches.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm getting in on the EU login servers now, but I'm getting flagged as Guest and stuck in queue to Hazak.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

teknologik posted:

Is everyone for sure rerolling then?

Most people seem to be going for it but there's no loving way I can make myself do 1-10 again today. Maybe I'll check back after a bit of a break.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kettlepip posted:

'You don't appear to have a valid US account, hang on we'll pass you to the EU realms'

k

'You don't appear to have a valid EU account, hang on we'll pass you to the NA realms'

I'm having this issue. I put in a ticket and they sent a reply saying I'd have to wait up to 3 hours after using my serial to create an account... 4 hours after I did that. Tons of people on the forums are having the same issue so I don't know if you'll just have to wait an indefinite amount of time for account creation to catch up or if there's actually some sort of bug.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008

This is on Hazak EU

GG carbine this would be my quickest Unsub in history (joking)

I'll probably try again later, trying to rush with the masses on MMO launch is so tedious.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I would strongly prefer if the launch version of the game didn't occasionally delete all my keybind changes and put me back to defaults. I feel the ability to keep a set of custom keybinds consistent over multiple sessions of gameplay was a useful quality of life feature during the beta.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 31, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm having this issue. I put in a ticket and they sent a reply saying I'd have to wait up to 3 hours after using my serial to create an account... 4 hours after I did that. Tons of people on the forums are having the same issue so I don't know if you'll just have to wait an indefinite amount of time for account creation to catch up or if there's actually some sort of bug.
It's some sort of bug. I had the issue earlier and it cleared up after an hour or so.

Now I'm in queue to Hazak. Position in queue: 945, estimated wait time: 7 hours 12 minutes. :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

Remarkably smooth launch for me. Got up an hour later than usual, logged onto Evindra, played up until the point I need to get ready for work.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Have we started up <Goon Squad> yet on Warbringer?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mystery Prize posted:

Have we started up <Goon Squad> yet on Warbringer?

Nah, still gathering money/strawman went to bed.

Guild will be up in a bit.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Xerophyte posted:

Meanwhile, I'm at position 402 in the Eko queue. Ah, MMO launches.

Well, 40 minutes of waiting for a supposed 3 hour queue and 1000 positions was mercifully brief, all things told. I did get the empty character creation screen, but immediately restarting fixed it and I kept my position in queue.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Irony.or.Death posted:

Most people seem to be going for it but there's no loving way I can make myself do 1-10 again today. Maybe I'll check back after a bit of a break.

What a weeny! We're all on Warbringer now!

Madbullogna
Jul 23, 2009

Ramadu posted:

What a weeny! We're all on Warbringer now!

As are the French.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Madbullogna posted:

As are the French.

Daaaw you poor thing, don't worry i'll translate anything they'll say for you.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What sort of stuff should I be dismantling for iron chunks, if I'm not a miner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
If any Exile goons on Evindra want in on the Nexus Housing Authority circle to talk about pretty princess house decorating throw Ryllynyth a tell; I'm not sure how inviting works, whether you need to be online for me to invite or what, but I should be on for a couple hours before I have to leave for work.

• Locked thread