Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't see this anywhere else, but what's 750, no750?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

sector_corrector posted:

I didn't see this anywhere else, but what's 750, no750?

750 is for classes that can use Rods (they cost 750 gil) and no 750 is for the other classes.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Jibo posted:

750 is for classes that can use Rods (they cost 750 gil) and no 750 is for the other classes.
It's not a perfect match since only so many classes can break rods, but a bunch of caster-alikes are lumped in with team 750 for balance's sake. And the Dancer. Because screw Earth's job selection, seriously

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Chaotic Neutral posted:

It's not a perfect match since only so many classes can break rods, but a bunch of caster-alikes are lumped in with team 750 for balance's sake. And the Dancer. Because screw Earth's job selection, seriously

And No 750 gets Mystic Knight because otherwise it's Berserkers all the way down.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Nethertribes posted:

And No 750 gets Mystic Knight because otherwise it's Berserkers all the way down.

Thing is, the Water Crystal actually has rod using jobs, unlike Earth, and MK isn't one of them.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, I see. If you want to get new players interested it might not be a bad idea to explain what those things mean somewhere on the site. Or maybe move it to the front page if it's already there? Anyway, what's a good set-up for a first time player who isn't familiar with the deeper aspects of the game's mechanics?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

sector_corrector posted:

If you want to get new players interested it might not be a bad idea to explain what those things mean somewhere on the site. Or maybe move it to the front page if it's already there?

http://fourjobfiesta.com/help.php

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I just signed up for a normal run, no special rules, since it's my first time ever doing a fiesta. I really hope I don't get an annoying team composition but the game should still be interesting regardless of what I get.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

Oh, I see. If you want to get new players interested it might not be a bad idea to explain what those things mean somewhere on the site. Or maybe move it to the front page if it's already there? Anyway, what's a good set-up for a first time player who isn't familiar with the deeper aspects of the game's mechanics?

Just a normal run is a good first time run.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

sector_corrector posted:

what's a good set-up for a first time player who isn't familiar with the deeper aspects of the game's mechanics?

Honestly every possible setup will potentially force you to learn the game one way or another, whether it's because you got Blue Mage and Chemist or because you got Team Auto-Fight.

Normal or Random is probably your best bet for a first run. Random is easier than normal, IMO.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Posting this because I mentioned it earlier.

Here's my ExDeath kill screenshot with all level 99 characters. (Don't do this, it was terrible.)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ah, my mistake.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Signed up for a normal run with :black101:risk. Bring it on, RNG!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Alright, Random Berserker Risk baby! :black101: LET'S DO THIS!! In two weeks.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I love Berserkers. I want a Berserker.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
RANDOM BERSERKER RISK, LET'S GO! :black101:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just going normal because I'm boring.

I'm happy as long as I don't get loving Monk again. Hell, I won't even mind getting Berserker for the third year in a row, just no more loving Monks.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.
All set for Random Berserker Risk! I considered adding Natural as well but I want to do a Classic run afterwards and that will be enough Natural runs for me.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Signed myself up for a #RegRand #BERSERKERRISK, should be fun.

Only wish I wasn't so broke, want to toss some money in to get someone a berserker.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Classic party here, despite my grumblings because I do that. Makes for a nice change anyway. Not entirely sure it would be that bad either, since aside from like Monk the FF1 classes here don't suck that much. Guess we'll see in a couple weeks how bad I get it though.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I did a zerker risk last year, not really feeling for it again. Right now I signed up for team 750. I tend to never use anything but the basic mages magic class wise, so this should be fun.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Signed up for a regular run with BERSERKERRISK because I didn't last year and still got a berserker :v:

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
~7.5% of Classic runs overall will fall into the troubled category of no White/Black/Red Mages, and only ~1.2% will get the Dread Roll of nothing but Monks and Thieves. As far as potentially terrible run odds go, that's not so bad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Signed up for no 750 with berserker risk. Let's do this :black101:

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Signed up for random BERSERKERRISK and I am looking all kinds of forward to it. I only did the one run last year but I want to do all kinds of poo poo, classic looks neat, and I haven't done a no/yes 750 either oh mannnnn.

Also

Yall are really going out of your way to make me want to play an mmo

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Regular run because I'm boring and this is my first fiesta.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

750 BERSERKER RISK run for my first one. Mostly for dealing with Byblos and possibly Fork Tower. Because gently caress Byblos.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Hellioning posted:

Regular run because I'm boring and this is my first fiesta.

Same.

Also, I did a practice run and got the dream team of Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Chemist. :v: It's actually given me some good insight into how to properly break the game, something I've never actually done before.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Signed up for a Random run with BERSERKERRISK! Last year was fairly easy, so I want a proper challenge this time around!

Qwarq
Apr 3, 2009

I've only ever played FF5 once years ago, and I completely ignored about half the jobs. On a whim, I just registered for a random berserker risk run. This should be interesting. :getin:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

This is my first Gilgabot-generated Berserk Risk (which is to say, possibility for duplicates), and I fully expect to get three berserkers so I did myself a favor and regged it 750 so that I'd at least end up with one job capable of healing three utter retards.

Interestingly, the website says that Classic Runs are allowed duplicate rolls. Someone may end up with a Thief SCC to endgame.

Actually, just to doublecheck - if I have a private Twitter, all I need to do is start Following Gilgabot, right? I forget the procedure to get him to see what I post without letting the internets attack me.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 31, 2014

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
#RegRand #BERSERKERRISK LET'S DO THIS

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Qwarq posted:

I've only ever played FF5 once years ago, and I completely ignored about half the jobs. On a whim, I just registered for a random berserker risk run. This should be interesting. :getin:

This is the Correct Way to Fiesta*, my friend. :hfive:

(*In reality the correct way to fiesta is whatever is fun for you, but gently caress yeah, more Random/Riskers.)

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Random Berserker Risk
Here's to hoping I finally get Black mage, Mystic Knight, or Chemist for the first time ever.

edit: I was just seeing that last year, the second FJF I was going to do that I never got around to would've been Knight/Berserker/Blue Mage/Beastmaster

That would've been fun

EllEssDee fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 31, 2014

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

KataraniSword posted:

This is my first Gilgabot-generated Berserk Risk (which is to say, possibility for duplicates), and I fully expect to get three berserkers so I did myself a favor and regged it 750 so that I'd at least end up with one job capable of healing three utter retards.

Interestingly, the website says that Classic Runs are allowed duplicate rolls. Someone may end up with a Thief SCC to endgame.

Actually, you can only get duplicate jobs if you run Random or Classic. If you're doing a non-Random, non-Classic run with Berserker Risk, then you get one Berserker, which replaces your Water job (at least, that's how it worked last year).

So if you want to risk the dreaded Wind/Berserker/Berserker/Berserker configuration, you have to do Random Berserker Risk.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Signed up for Random/Berserker Risk. Gotta water that tree, man!

I think my first run last year scored a Berserker. Way more useful than I thought it was going to be, too. The worry is always getting multiples, but after playing FF5 so much, it'd be a pretty good challenge.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Seriously? I thought I heard in this thread the exact opposite, that you could get multiple berserkers even normally.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I decided my first run will be Team750 BERSERKER RISK.

Can't wait to get a Black Mage and three Berserkers.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KataraniSword posted:

Seriously? I thought I heard in this thread the exact opposite, that you could get multiple berserkers even normally.

That was only 2012. From the help page:

quote:

BERSERKER RISK can be added to any run (Excluding Classic Jobs) to give the player a chance of getting the Berseker job assigned to their Water, Fire or Earth Crystal slots. The only difference is that a Normal run will have their Water Job set to Berserker instead of any other slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So I just registered. To be clear, we aren't getting our classes for another couple of weeks, right?

• Locked thread