Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Givin posted:

Any way to resize chat font? Chat window size? Holy poo poo it really was made by the original WoW team. At least I found the profanity filter.

p.s. I know there is probably a mod for it.

Same menu where you found the profanity filter, there are 3 sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Any EU goons who can't be assed with an exile alt server / the Hazak queue / the Zhur splinter should hop over to Lightspire with me. If enough of us join we can set up an EU roleplaying server guild. RPists untie! Rpist mockers unite! RPist Untied probably won't be allowed as a guild name, will it? :(

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Masonity posted:

Any EU goons who can't be assed with an exile alt server / the Hazak queue / the Zhur splinter should hop over to Lightspire with me. If enough of us join we can set up an EU roleplaying server guild. RPists untie! Rpist mockers unite! RPist Untied probably won't be allowed as a guild name, will it? :(

I'm already on that server. Tanjei, Exile side. Not so much interested in trolling anyone but would probably be up for an actual guild, depending.

tjume
Feb 8, 2009
Ah man the code for the 'Coconut Monkey' decor item from the PC Gamer vote is also region locked to US :(

Hope this code makes a US goon happy:
VEYS-63W9-PGUS-BRKJ-GYCM
apply in account management

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm already on that server. Tanjei, Exile side. Not so much interested in trolling anyone but would probably be up for an actual guild, depending.

Bah. I was going dominion, but I might as well make it my exile server in case I end up going with hazak when it settles after all.And I guess I can do blend in then mock in private, or troll-light.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Downloading the client now. I've read nothing about this game so I'm pretty excited to figure it out. Instinctually going DPS/Control Cassian Esper, which I'm sure means it'll be the worst class/race/spec in the game.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Wildstar: B-b-but switching servers on launch why are we going to a dead server!?

I'll accept it!

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Masonity posted:

Bah. I was going dominion, but I might as well make it my exile server in case I end up going with hazak when it settles after all.And I guess I can do blend in then mock in private, or troll-light.

Don't change your mind on my account. I chose that server for actual RP, not making fun of people who RP. Well, maybe a little.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

Don't change your mind on my account. I chose that server for actual RP, not making fun of people who RP. Well, maybe a little.

As long as we keep the ERP to a minimum. The wife might get jealous. :( A little is fine, I mean after all you are a doctor.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I can't click my quest tracker to get the Crazy Taxi tracker arrow anymore. A reload UI fixes it briefly but then it goes back to being broken right away. Anyone know what's going on?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I know stalker has some issues, but god I love an on demand vanish if poo poo gets rough.

Also: "Club Penguin ERP?" is my favorite in-game quote of the day.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so has the early game for wildstar made not bad because i might buy it on release or whatever

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

tjume posted:

Ah man the code for the 'Coconut Monkey' decor item from the PC Gamer vote is also region locked to US :(

Hope this code makes a US goon happy:
VEYS-63W9-PGUS-BRKJ-GYCM
apply in account management

where did you get your code? I voted for that stuff but never got one...

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

so has the early game for wildstar made not bad because i might buy it on release or whatever

seems okay

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Ok, talking about servers on the off site forums is apparently a probateable offense, don't talk about it unless you want to get banned/probated. wtfmoses, if people talk about this what are the consequences? I think it's best to be up front about this so people know what they can and can't talk about publicly without repercussions and what will get you probated or banned or whatever.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Finally got in on Hazak, here's hoping there's no DC! :ohdear:

tjume
Feb 8, 2009

Opioid posted:

where did you get your code? I voted for that stuff but never got one...
Got the email this morning, maybe it's in your spam folder?

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Does it matter which I select? Nexus Levian Bay or Nexus - Crimson Isle?

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ok, talking about servers on the off site forums is apparently a probateable offense, don't talk about it unless you want to get banned/probated. wtfmoses, if people talk about this what are the consequences? I think it's best to be up front about this so people know what they can and can't talk about publicly without repercussions and what will get you probated or banned or whatever.

Alright full disclosure: If you make dumb posts like WHEN WILL WARBRINGER BE MERGED???? And then adding an even dumber poll on the first saturday of headstart you will be probated. FULL DISCLOSURE

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ark posted:

Does it matter which I select? Nexus Levian Bay or Nexus - Crimson Isle?

It determines your first area afaik.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Geektox posted:

I'm getting this weird bug where if I hold down any buttons on my keyboard the game will take a huge hit in FPS. At one point it just straight up froze my game until I released the key. I'm pretty sure the problem in my end but I don't know what it could be.

I have the Das model S with blues if that matters.

I did some more testing on this and it seems the lag stops if I hold down the button and then press a different button. Still have no idea how or why this happens, though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I think TrackMaster broke... :v:

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
I think I read somewhere that you need rep to buy AMP's eventually. Do the starting zones give different rep? Or is one more efficient than the other?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What level should I be leaving Deadrune? I'm just shy of 15 but I don't have a breadcrumb taking me anywhere other than Auroria.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

fadam posted:

What level should I be leaving Deadrune? I'm just shy of 15 but I don't have a breadcrumb taking me anywhere other than Auroria.

You really won't. The lowest level portion in Auroria is like, Level 14. Just walk in there and you'll get a comms call starting your stuff.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
I remember open beta was overloaded with Engineers and Medics. Since my Chua can't be a stalker or warrior, either Esper or Spellslinger been pretty fun for people?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

HotBobaloo posted:

I think I read somewhere that you need rep to buy AMP's eventually. Do the starting zones give different rep? Or is one more efficient than the other?

I didn't get any rep in the 1st region, started getting rep afterwards so I guess it doesn't matter ?

Delpino posted:

I remember open beta was overloaded with Engineers and Medics. Since my Chua can't be a stalker or warrior, either Esper or Spellslinger been pretty fun for people?

So far Esper looks pretty sweet but it really misses mobility at lower levels, especially since the main builder requires you to be immobile.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its pretty impressive that if not for the lcs, this game would be the most popular game on twitch right now haha. its beating regular LoL viewership numbers.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
What level do you have to be to get your path costumes?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
did the bug where the queue thought you were a guest get fixed - i feel like im going backwards in the line

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
You know, at this point I should really just expect that the goon server will switch on launch weekend. It happened for Rift and for Warhammer as I recall also. The reasoning for doing so is fine, but it really sucks for my non goon friends. I always end up leaving half of them behind because they are willing to stick out a week of bad queue times.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Just got back from work, have the queues relented a little from the 7k they were this morning on Hazak?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
What's the deal with not being able to have a character in each faction on one server? I want to try both but but it won't let me make a Dominion character after making an Exile.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Dieting Hippo posted:

What's the deal with not being able to have a character in each faction on one server? I want to try both but but it won't let me make a Dominion character after making an Exile.

Is it a PvP server?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Dieting Hippo posted:

You can on PVE only I believe.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

It's PvP, but that's the stupidest thing I've heard of if it's true. :(

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Dieting Hippo posted:

It's PvP, but that's the stupidest thing I've heard of if it's true. :(

Why...

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Because some people want to no follow the exact same quest path when playing an alt? Because some people might want to be able to play a Chua, then maybe go play a Granok? Because literally every multi-faction game post Vanilla WoW has allowed it, because doing otherwise is silly?

I guess it's another thing that can be chocked up to 'WoW did it so it's right!'

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

There is zero interaction between cross-faction alts on the same server. There is absolutely no advantage to putting your opposite faction alts on the same server beyond maybe killing your own guildmates. You might as well just play dominion with GS and Exiles with SJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

Because some people want to no follow the exact same quest path when playing an alt? Because some people might want to be able to play a Chua, then maybe go play a Granok? Because literally every multi-faction game post Vanilla WoW has allowed it, because doing otherwise is silly?

I guess it's another thing that can be chocked up to 'WoW did it so it's right!'

Yeah, it seems like an arbitrary rule. I'm coming in from EVE, so the idea of being locked out of one faction because you had a character in an opposing one is ludicrous. I also wanted to play with Goon Squad, but my friends are all Exile on Warbringer so that's not happening now unless I delete my character, and I really don't want to do the tutorial and starter areas for the fourth time now.

• Locked thread