Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
Is there an alternate way of getting ch.35? Batoto won't load for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zenzirouj posted:

Also, it's pretty lucky that the moon was there. He might have ended up like Kars.

If that happened then Saitama would most likely miss discount day at the grocery store and that would make him angry, very angry indeed. Not a good idea.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

trucutru posted:

If that happened then Saitama would most likely miss discount day at the grocery store and that would make him angry, very angry indeed. Not a good idea.

God help the universe if Saitama had the notion he would miss every single discount day forever.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Ottumon posted:

Nonsense, if he missed the moon Saitama could just kick off a shoe with enough force to send him back to Earth and punch Boros to death while he's at it.

I love how that sentence isn't at all far-fetched for this manga.

It might be even easier to just punch the entire universe in the opposite direction, which would move the Earth close enough for him to land on.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Man, this is just setup for the biggest shoryuken in the universe isn't it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If this doesn't result in the sickest elbow/fist drop in the history of mankind I shall be highly disappointed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

It's a shoryuken when he leaves the moon, but it'll be a thunderbolt when he gets back to earth :eng101:. And it will catch Boros by surprise because nobody ever uses thunderbolt.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Some remind me, has Saitaman even thrown a punch yet?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

e X posted:

Some remind me, has Saitaman even thrown a punch yet?

Is Boros still alive?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The last proper punch he threw just broke Boros's weighted training clothes power-limiting armor, yeah.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

tlarn posted:

The last proper punch he threw just broke Boros's weighted training clothes power-limiting armor, yeah.

He presumably threw a second punch between then and when we caught back up with the fight, too, because Boros is missing an arm. So I assume Boros tried to block it.

EDIT: vvvvv also possible.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 31, 2014

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

gnome7 posted:

He presumably threw a second punch between then and when we caught back up with the fight, too, because Boros is missing an arm. So I assume Boros tried to block it.

Or Boros punched him so hard his arm exploded.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yeah, he was going on an on about how using all this power is a terrible strain on his body, but it's ok because he can regenerate it so there's no way you can win blah blah blah. Safe to say he blew up his own arm from punching.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Fucccccck. I think our hero will sit up there for a bit, contemplating things. Then come down like Canti out of FLCL

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Suspicious Lump posted:

Fucccccck. I think our hero will sit up there for a bit, contemplating things. Then come down like Canti out of FLCL

In particular, I think he's contemplating how to get back to Earth quickly without knocking the Moon out of its orbit.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
According to my highly inaccurate off-the-cuff calculations that completely ignore relativity, he could launch himself off at significant fractions of the speed of light and still only exert a force similar to a couple of megatonne nuke.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

The Sandman posted:

In particular, I think he's contemplating how to get back to Earth quickly without knocking the Moon out of its orbit.

Um, Saitama? Contemplating?

Are we reading the same comic? Saitama does not contemplate. He punches, and the fight is over.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

buzmeg posted:

Are we reading the same comic? Saitama does not contemplate. He punches, and the fight is over.

We all know hes contemplating 'Geez, this guy. Barely felt that. Ah well, tomorrow's super discount day, what should I get, I wonder?'

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 2, 2014

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

Cthulhuchan posted:

According to my highly inaccurate off-the-cuff calculations that completely ignore relativity, he could launch himself off at significant fractions of the speed of light and still only exert a force similar to a couple of megatonne nuke.

A back-of-the-envelope calculation gives me energies on scale of exajoules (10^18). That's more like a couple thousand megatonnes of TNT equivalent, applied on an area of a sole of foot or two on the surface of the moon, and again on Earth on Boros' face.

Wikipedia helpfully tells us how much this actually is:

quote:

3 [megatons] The total energy of all explosives used in World War Two (including the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs) is estimated to have been 3 megatons of TNT.
540 [megatons] The total amount of all nuclear testing and combat from 1945 to present is about 540 megatons.
7,000 [megatons] The total global nuclear arsenal is about 30,000 nuclear warheads with a destructive capacity of 7,000 megatons or 7 gigatons (7,000 million tons) of TNT.

This would probably have some surface effects on the Moon, but we don't really care about it because Saitama is going to enter the atmosphere long before reaching Boros or his ship. The situation will be as described here with a few key differences. Saitama is much more massive and will collide with more air molecules, causing an even larger fusion reaction than depicted. There'd be a fancy crater from where Saitama would emerge. The gamma radiation wouldn't have helped with his hair growth. Also his clothes would be of a different element than when he started, because of the nuclear reactions occurring on his surface.

This would be a good way to take care of both Boros and the ship with a single punch, but the collateral damage would be quite big (read: at least everything in the city obliterated and good doses of radiation in the neighboring cities). Not that he's cared about collateral damage before. Basically he would look like this, but you'd probably die if you could see it.

On the other hand, this is a comedy manga about a bald guy who can punch meteors to pieces. Realism needn't apply. He'll give it a jab and the day's saved.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Saitama's "are you done yet" really emphasizes that he is so bored and disappointed with this fight at this point he is just standing there and letting Boros hit him out of sheer can't-be-hosed-ness. It's great.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

buzmeg posted:

Someone brought up the point that this fight could very well mean Saitama is the strongest person in the universe. Even Saitama must be contemplating how utterly boring the universe is.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

I think Asura's Wrath already beat 'em to the punch. (shoryuken around 6:30 minutes in if you don't wanna watch the whole thing)

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Page 7 is loving brilliant. The pose is just so badass. I've never seen such a cool pose before. I know it's a weird thing to get impressed by, but it's such a perfect balance of animalism mixed with both masculinity and femininity at once.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
New chapter is out in Japan.

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/47/

It's pretty okay if you like loving awesome stuff, I guess! Not too sure about the last spread but drat, Murata once again nailing an immense sense of speed.

Boros getting punched back so quickly the explosion from his burst charge is still going off as he gets blasted back past it.

OPM is enjoyable, folks.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
:drat:

I liked how Saitama can just hold his breath and be fine in space. :allears: Also he's like "Hmm, I wonder if I can jump back to Earth... oh hey it worked. :v:"

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

ATATATATA!

God that final spread. :allears:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It's out in english!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/250211/onepunch-man_ch47_by_nerieru-scans

Holy poo poo, that finishing move. Holy poo poo, he had to use more than one punch! Also it speaks wonders about the series how impressed I am with essentially Saitama throwing a few punches :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Saitama's special move: consecutive normal punches. :effort:

gently caress this series is so good

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
"Repeated normal punch." Never change Saitama.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Is it just me or is the translation weird? 'This State... .It burdens my body immensely, similar to anaerobic exercise' sounds like a very odd sentence.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The line likely meant something along the lines of: "It's like sprinting a Marathon."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

e X posted:

Is it just me or is the translation weird? 'This State... .It burdens my body immensely, similar to anaerobic exercise' sounds like a very odd sentence.

It is awkward.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Saitama just jumped from the surface of the moon to Earth.

This should not be terribly impressive considering a chapter ago he was punched from the Earth to the moon, but as always, it's just his mundane way of doing things that makes it so awesome.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Saitama's special move: consecutive normal punches. :effort:

gently caress this series is so good

It should've been called Normal Punch Combo.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 14, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

It should've been called Normal punch combo.

drat straight. :colbert:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

T.G. Xarbala posted:

drat straight. :colbert:
I see what you did there

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Well yeah, Saitama's ultimate powerup is a punch where he actually means to do damage.

Although legs tend to be stronger than arms, so god help anybody he decides is worth kicking.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

Although legs tend to be stronger than arms, so god help anybody he decides is worth kicking.

Um hes not called Onekick-man :colbert:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Kuvo posted:

Um hes not called Onekick-man :colbert:

He's not called anything right now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

In space, no one can hear your sound effects.