Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Happy Yeti posted:

There is no cave, it's just the ghost train's power pushing way the earth. Once the train's passed, it's just solid dirt again. How LSI got there, is unknown.

It sorta just phased through the ground, you can see it leaving the same way. Ghosts can phase through stuff (I think spirits can too?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
Oh right, that slipped my mind ... somehow.
Anyway, Eightfold is gone. I mean, sure, Zack could find a way to bring her back, but that would be pretty lame after that send off.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Happy Yeti posted:

There is no cave, it's just the ghost train's power pushing way the earth. Once the train's passed, it's just solid dirt again. How LSI got there, is unknown.

Clear now. Earlier it looked like the train didn't displace the matter very far, and when Max went spiraling into the distance, that suggested there was a larger underground chamber he was falling into.

But no! Eightfold will have to escape her underground prison some other way.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Happy Yeti posted:

Oh right, that slipped my mind ... somehow.
Anyway, Eightfold is gone. I mean, sure, Zack could find a way to bring her back, but that would be pretty lame after that send off.

Eightfold is going to fuse with the train and become Eightrain. She will then have magical adventures in the upcoming spin-off: Paratrains: The Johnny Story.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pyroi posted:

the upcoming spin-off: Paratrains

Will it be about trains being airdropped with parachutes to go on special ops missions?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Cat Mattress posted:

Will it be about trains being airdropped with parachutes to go on special ops missions?

I thought that was obvious.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Isabel is probably freaking out right now, what with loosing Eightfold, thinking Max is dead, and still dealing with these pixelbeasts trying to eat her.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's the kind of situation that'll leave you with PTSD :(

E: honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we get a moment like this when the dust settles.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 31, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Happy Yeti posted:

I wondered why I didn't know this so I went back and looked, and the only cue I can find is half of the first panel of this page, which even then doesn't make it super obvious what's going on. Guess I'll never get my PhD in ghostonomy :shrug:

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Renaissance Robot posted:

I wondered why I didn't know this so I went back and looked, and the only cue I can find is half of the first panel of this page, which even then doesn't make it super obvious what's going on. Guess I'll never get my PhD in ghostonomy :shrug:

Look at the trees in the very first panel it's in.

Also second-to-last panel here, middle of the page here, and first panel here.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I am very observant :downs:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tollymain posted:

Yeah that's the kind of situation that'll leave you with PTSD :(

Pretty sure she already has a touch of dog-related PTSD, so unless it turns out exposure therapy is the key to her conquering her fears this is probably going down as a very bad day for her.

Still hoping Max gets a chance to pitch in with the fight so he's not just the deadweight newbie.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey he did a better job of watching her starboard than she did his :colbert:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Happy Yeti posted:

There is no cave, it's just the ghost train's power pushing way the earth. Once the train's passed, it's just solid dirt again.

Woooah, remembering this gave the last few pages significantly more impact.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much why Max would've been hosed if he actually landed after falling off the train.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

All those last 3 links are the same.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

All those last 3 links are the same.

:psyduck: How on earth did I manage that?

Corrected: second-to-last panel here, middle of the page here, and first panel here.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nick_326 posted:

Someone on tumblr pointed out that the legs sorta resemble the spiderized version of Spender's True Face, so maybe Boss Leader is involved?

One has spindly legs with hair and claws at the end. The other legs ending in a point with stabby points going down. Not really seeing a resemblance here.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well the thing with the claws do seem to resemble his jacket he is wearing in this scene, even with the zipper. Not sure what that red light is though:
http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=166

I only noticed this because I decided to give this comic a second reading while bored at work.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty sure that's Lucifer.

Seeing as he's in a cage and all

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

You missed the best example. Welp, that's my limit.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

IUG posted:

Well the thing with the claws do seem to resemble his jacket he is wearing in this scene, even with the zipper. Not sure what that red light is though:

I only noticed this because I decided to give this comic a second reading while bored at work.

Holy poo poo what kind of nerd wears a suit jacket with a zipper wait never mind I just now remembered they're actually weird pyjamas.

I should really re-read too, so many details passed me by the first time.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 1, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

IUG posted:

Still seems like people are stretching.

Things that are similar:
Black
Have spindly legs that look nothing alike
Zipper

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

IUG posted:

I think it looks a lot more like Max's vest in this scene. There's the zipper, the horizontal segments, just missing the red light.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It's probably Batman

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hell, for all we know it could be an agent of Spender's organization. They all seem to wear zipper suits.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Update!

And... what's going on in that last panel?

Is it suddenly daytime now? And what's with the metal frame?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
New Strip!

Time for our our ol' friend the magnet snake to say hello?

Edit: Beaten like Johnny's lunch-line victims...

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Dolash posted:

Update!

It's almost as if Max has been transported to some sort of land full of junk and metal where time of day is immaterial but that couldn't be it's not like we have some sort of precedent for this

Max being smarmy to the magnet snake is gonna be great you guys, I can just feel it. :allears:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Huh. You can still see Mayview's barrier, so I guess they're not that far from town after all? Also, that patch of lit forest, is that where Spender and Forge are dueling? The base camp where they boarded the train would have been inside the barrier, right?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Magnet Snake Land was sunset orange last time too; looks like he's a fan of the dramatic sunset bloom.

Why now, though?

And I suppose panel one is Isabel figuring out that intercepting a respawn kills them permanently, judging by that spirit's spirit fleeing? Although that's not gonna help much if she has some kind of breakdown from letting Max die a la panel four.

Tupperwarez posted:

Huh. You can still see Mayview's barrier, so I guess they're not that far from town after all? Also, that patch of lit forest, is that where Spender and Forge are dueling? The base camp where they boarded the train would have been inside the barrier, right?

Well the barrier's pretty goddamn big, they could be a decent distance from it.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 2, 2014

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Did Max get added to magnet snake's banner at the top of the page? I could've sworn he wasn't there before.

Also, interestingly, that one pixel dog died on the spot and is respawning in the same location. Looks like all you need to do to stop them is keep part of your body in the little respawn sprite before they materialize and they'll be stuck in a respawn loop.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, panel six. Evvvverything about panel six.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

neogeo0823 posted:

Did Max get added to magnet snake's banner at the top of the page? I could've sworn he wasn't there before.

Also, interestingly, that one pixel dog died on the spot and is respawning in the same location. Looks like all you need to do to stop them is keep part of your body in the little respawn sprite before they materialize and they'll be stuck in a respawn loop.

Telefrag. Makes sense.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh god the alt text is superb.

Remember, Snake, this is a freaking mission. Try not to get caught.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dolash posted:

Update!

You do realize that magnet snake is going to appear right? The first time he intervened the sky went orange. Not sure why he decided to save Max right now instead of ya know when he was falling. This is going to be great. The first time they will actually talk.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Magnet Snake Land was sunset orange last time too; looks like he's a fan of the dramatic sunset bloom.

Why now, though?

"Stop sucking so much. You will spoil my nefarious plan. Scrappy out."

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Assuming it even knows how to talk. Maybe it will just screech a bunch in his face, look satisfied with itself, then plop him back into normal time.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Zenzirouj posted:

Assuming it even knows how to talk. Maybe it will just screech a bunch in his face, look satisfied with itself, then plop him back into normal time.
It was pretty chatty when it was talking to Doorman via Max. Whether or not it actually deigns to talk to him remains to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd just like to say, called it on the reverse telefrags for respawning pixel dogs.

Also, hooray more magnet snake. Hooray, things happening! Now would be the perfect time to go discuss philosophy with spirits. Talk Ghosts Real Hard.