Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ullerrm posted:

It's also a pun on Arioch's previous avatar (retrieved via SOAP):

SMcD bought duck avatars for a lot of the Eve thread regulars for Christmas.

That's right. I wasn't exactly sure how to locate the old avatar (I found the site now) and I wasn't sure if it was the same guy who had it.

The original title read, "Do you want your discrepancies highlighted?" I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

This one made me giggle. What's the story behind it?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Benny the Snake posted:

This one made me giggle. What's the story behind it?

Start from here. Basically he's an idiot.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Two up from here. Benny the Snake's link text. 84 pages on the thread, and he's still just barely treading water.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

kizudarake posted:

Two up from here. Benny the Snake's link text. 84 pages on the thread, and he's still just barely treading water.
All things considered, there are worse things that could've become my avatar.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Lycus

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

I love this loving avatar.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kirk Johnson's rear end in a top hat is anything but petty so I guess that fits. :v:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

ullerrm posted:

It's also a pun on Arioch's previous avatar (retrieved via SOAP):

SMcD bought duck avatars for a lot of the Eve thread regulars for Christmas.

What is this "SOAP" you speak of?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Something Awful old avatar preview

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What is this "SOAP" you speak of?

A Dirty Goone

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Syntax Erin

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Jony ive aces's avatar is pretty much perfect

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Gonna miss seeing this one.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
forbidden lesbian

LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN
LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN
LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN
LET'S ALL LOVE
LAIN

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Thanks! :) :woz:

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

I have always loved this one, dunno why.

You eat that cake, dog. Eat that cake like the wind.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
everythingWasBees

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Context: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627071

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What a weird thread this is.

Anyway, for content: not sure if this one was posted yet, but it gets me every single time. I don't know who the dude is or where i've seen him post, but it left enough of an impression that i still remember it years later.

It's such a dumb silly joke, but i love it. The execution is just perfect. Every time i see this dude post, every time, i crack up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HenryEx posted:

What a weird thread this is.

Anyway, for content: not sure if this one was posted yet, but it gets me every single time. I don't know who the dude is or where i've seen him post, but it left enough of an impression that i still remember it years later.

It's such a dumb silly joke, but i love it. The execution is just perfect. Every time i see this dude post, every time, i crack up.

IDGI please explain :confused:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
The text is half of a line from Dracula's famous speech in the opening scene of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTizJemHO8

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Also, half of his portrait.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This was great.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'd mock him but I have no idea what's going on in that argument or what his position is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phlegmish posted:

I'd mock him but I have no idea what's going on in that argument or what his position is.

Kerbal Space Program is a video game about cartoon characters which have no specified gender but appear to be male. The discussion is about introducing clearly female variants of them and that poster's position was that he didn't want to have to think about gender issues while playing the game.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

haveblue posted:

Kerbal Space Program is a video game about cartoon characters which have no specified gender but appear to be male. The discussion is about introducing clearly female variants of them and that poster's position was that he didn't want to have to think about gender issues while playing the game.

Why not assign masculine and feminine names to the kerbals? There's no reason they have to be gendered and there isn't much gendered about them (the chins I guess). Adding clearly feminine kerbals is the equivalent of attaching a bow on something and saying "look it's a girl!" id est a dumb cop out.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

I've been hesitant to post this one since it involves me but it's still pretty amusing so gently caress it.

A while back this exchange took place in the Guild Wars 2 thread (feel free to ignore everything before Jaeger's edit, it's just MMO jargon) and a terrible avatar-purchasing fairy descended. It's worth noting that Gandlethorpe had been given his avatar months before this happened, Jaeger just happened to tempt fate on the wrong evening.

And then I was targeted immediately after making that post, completing the set.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Segmentation Fault posted:

Why not assign masculine and feminine names to the kerbals? There's no reason they have to be gendered and there isn't much gendered about them (the chins I guess). Adding clearly feminine kerbals is the equivalent of attaching a bow on something and saying "look it's a girl!" id est a dumb cop out.

When the discussion about that came up earlier in the thread this was the response:

Maxmaps posted:

Pyroi posted:

Will you actually be able to tell that they're female from looking at their spacesuits, or will it just be the same spacesuit, different facial model?
In their EVA suits they'll be as distinguishable as female and male astronauts are in theirs.

Edit: And let the record show we're looking at this and this. Not this and -never- this. But maybe this because that one makes the whole office either groan or giggle.

Maxmaps posted:

Luneshot posted:

Also, the whole argument that "Kerbals are genderless, we don't need female kerbals! :downs:" is ridiculous bullshit since the Kerbals so far have very "male" traits- male names, the squared off jawline, buzzcut hair, etc.
That was the original idea but the initially placeholder names getting so strongly stuck in everyone's collective heads torpedo'd it. The design also doesn't help either, yeah. Trying to add accessories and hair to their current bodies makes them look like they're in drag, which while not a bad thing in any way, is probably not the kind of representation the female part of our fanbase is looking for.

Edit: I'm also looking forward to this as a test case related to the effects of fair representation in gaming, since our fanbase is primarily male. I've been of the opinion that good female representation is the key to evening out our audience, and if it stays the same way after female kerbals I'll forever hold any criticism of the mainstream audience after being proven wrong. I guess that's part of being an indie dev, we get to experiment things the big guys aren't in any financial position to try.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

both are great but dog's face crack me up

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Whose the guy with the avatar of a political cartoon Obama saying "By Allah, white people are so STUPID!"

That always makes me laugh.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Wheany.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I miss Wheanys hedgehog av

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

mooyashi and poptart_fairy's avs are mesmerizing. You can probably figure out which is which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Effectronica's avatar is my favorite big av

Our thoughts are becoming reality?

I'm a superstar... I'm a superstar...

• Locked thread