Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Nobody
Feb 17, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Optional centre headrest bros. What's yo spec? What are your plans?

He's obviously going to carpool and sit three people in the back, all their heads fully supported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just lobbed some cash at the Reading Rainbow kickstarter, cause it's awesome.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just lobbed some cash at the Reading Rainbow kickstarter, cause it's awesome.

Me too.
Also got me some PAX Prime tickets.. it was a good spending money day.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Bape Culture posted:

What are your plans?

The same as any other BMW driver; thinking you own the road and not needing to indicate :)

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Bape Culture posted:

What are your plans?

Put on my best Prada, go grab a latte from Starbucks, crank up the Whitney CD, and drive around Isla Vista smiling at blonde chicks.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So I own a recording studio I affectionately like to refer to as "the large hole in the basement into which I fling money."

We have need sometimes of a decent keyboard/MIDI controller and have had this lovely $400 Roland down there forever which everyone freakin' hates because the screen is broken so you can't program it or see to switch sounds on it, and the keybed feels like it's made of the lightest, cheapest poo poo plastic you can find.

As a result of joining another cover band for fun AND a frustrating session or two fighting with the freakin Roland, I finally broke down and dropped a stupid amount of money on an 88 key Korg Kronos:

(Click for e-freakin-normous)

In spite of the ridiculous price tag - I already consider it money well spent, and I have barely scratched the surface of what the thing can do. So yay for lack of buyer's remorse?

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

HaB posted:

So I own a recording studio I affectionately like to refer to as "the large hole in the basement into which I fling money."

We have need sometimes of a decent keyboard/MIDI controller and have had this lovely $400 Roland down there forever which everyone freakin' hates because the screen is broken so you can't program it or see to switch sounds on it, and the keybed feels like it's made of the lightest, cheapest poo poo plastic you can find.

As a result of joining another cover band for fun AND a frustrating session or two fighting with the freakin Roland, I finally broke down and dropped a stupid amount of money on an 88 key Korg Kronos:

(Click for e-freakin-normous)

In spite of the ridiculous price tag - I already consider it money well spent, and I have barely scratched the surface of what the thing can do. So yay for lack of buyer's remorse?

There's nothing better than feeling 100% about an expensive musical purchase. I felt that way when I upgraded my drums a few years ago.

A band mate of mine came into our rehearsal space with a new Nord Electro 4 because he plays keys on a couple of the songs. I looked up the price on that thing, :gonk: That's some expensive gear for a few songs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I Might Be Adam posted:

There's nothing better than feeling 100% about an expensive musical purchase. I felt that way when I upgraded my drums a few years ago.

A band mate of mine came into our rehearsal space with a new Nord Electro 4 because he plays keys on a couple of the songs. I looked up the price on that thing, :gonk: That's some expensive gear for a few songs.
Agreed. I've made many musical purchases and only felt 100% about a couple of them, but when it happens, it feels so good.

And yeah, but Nords sound so sweet :fap: I'd feel privileged if I even got to be in the same band as one of those.

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 19:04 on May 30, 2014

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I'm not female or named Cory, don't live in California, or have such nice countertops but it's the prettiest picture I could find (MSF safety course).

travisray2004 has a new favorite as of 21:08 on May 30, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

travisray2004 posted:

I'm not female or named Cory, don't live in California, or have such nice countertops but it's the prettiest picture I could find (MSF safety course).

I honestly didn't know what this was until I read the text, and I thought the helmet man was doing terrible things to your state. :ohdear:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I got some new running shoes.

linklink

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have Nike running tights that work well as long underwear in cold weather, but they don't have a fly and that's incredibly annoying. These Under Armour ColdGear tactical leggings were on clearance for $25, so I picked up a pair in OD green; black was sold out in large :smith:.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I got a subscription to Spotify Premium, and I'm enjoying it very much so far. Between that and Netflix, all my free time now has background noise. My Denon receiver has a Spotify app, so I can easily have it play cool music at any time. My phone can now save albums or playlists for offline listening, so I can listen on my drive to work without using data or losing a streaming connection in the many spots on the drive with no data signal.

For music nerds, I'd recommend giving it a shot. It's much better than Pandora.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:
Just bought a pair of these for an upcoming concert.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ah yes, butt plugs are a great accessory for any concert goer.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Ah yes, butt plugs are a great accessory for any concert goer.

Wrong hole.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hi babe I didn't realise you had an account.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ears people ears. They'd be much too small you fools!

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

CaseFace McGee posted:

I got a subscription to Spotify Premium, and I'm enjoying it very much so far. Between that and Netflix, all my free time now has background noise. My Denon receiver has a Spotify app, so I can easily have it play cool music at any time. My phone can now save albums or playlists for offline listening, so I can listen on my drive to work without using data or losing a streaming connection in the many spots on the drive with no data signal.

For music nerds, I'd recommend giving it a shot. It's much better than Pandora.

Having gone from Pandora to Spotify Premium to Google Play Music All Access I can confidently say that Play Music is the superior choice. Spotify is better than Pandora though, for sure.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You American jerks and your access to all sorts of streaming music :(

All we get is songza.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

You American jerks and your access to all sorts of streaming music :(

All we get is songza.

And streaming stand-up! Best way to discover comics.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

amenenema posted:

Having gone from Pandora to Spotify Premium to Google Play Music All Access I can confidently say that Play Music is the superior choice. Spotify is better than Pandora though, for sure.

Why do you like google better? I've used free spotify but never google :munch:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Spotify has been great for me. I signed up for premium the week they opened it up in the US, and it's way better now than it was then. I tried Play All Access for a week and switched back.

They just changed their system a bit to focus on creating a "collection" of music like Rdio instead of a playlist-centric system (though playlists are still a pretty major part of Spotify). It's cool, but now I have hundreds of albums saved as playlists that I need to add to my "collection".

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
First time backing something on Kickstarter. An art book collection from my favorite webcomic artist

Got the normal edition, although I was super tempted by the limited edition one.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Black grilles coz chrome is mad whack.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Bape Culture posted:

:thumbsup: black wheels are next right?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

beanieson posted:

:thumbsup: black wheels are next right?

I want white enkei nt03s I think :vince:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bape Culture posted:

These aren't camo at all!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

:stare: that.... could work

Just get rid if the chrome and it'll be an improvement.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

beanieson posted:

:stare: that.... could work

Just get rid if the chrome and it'll be an improvement.

I love it. Think this car but with some sexy rear end APs sat behind the wheels and also I don't think thats a 10J square setup which I'm going for. I'm bidding on some carbon front fenders so if I get them I might part wrap them camo or something. :mrgw:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Ok, that's cool as poo poo.

E46 is the last M3 I really liked the styling of :buddy:

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

beanieson posted:

Why do you like google better? I've used free spotify but never google :munch:

All my uploaded music alongside 99% of all music I could ever want, plus radio plus the magic "I'm feeling lucky" button which works super well. New album from a band I like comes out? Shows up in recommended and I can add it to my library with a cluck, and then pin it locally to my devices if I want. So intuitive, easy, and functional.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bape Culture posted:

White wheels are like black cars: clean only immediately after washing, once you start driving they're dirty again.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

:circlefap:

Such a nice looking car.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Really? M3 badges on both kidneys...

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

djfooboo posted:

Really? M3 badges on both kidneys...

Those are the fender grills, not the kidneys.

smokingmonkey
Jan 1, 2008

To use as a dedicated torrent box. Too hot to leave my pc on all the time.

smokingmonkey has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Jun 2, 2014

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

And tickets to see them.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Agreed. I've made many musical purchases and only felt 100% about a couple of them, but when it happens, it feels so good.

And yeah, but Nords sound so sweet :fap: I'd feel privileged if I even got to be in the same band as one of those.

It was actually between the Kronos and the Nord Stage 2. Spent about 2 hours in the music store switching back n forth. Keybeds and Stock Sounds were a dead heat, but in the end the Nord was nowhere near as easy to use/program as the Kronos. Also the 73 key Nord was the same price as the 88 key Kronos.

The downside? holy crap heavy. By the time it's in the case, it's 50+ lbs. Thank goodness the case has wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

smokingmonkey posted:

To use as a dedicated torrent box. Too hot to leave my pc on all the time.

Could you go into a bit more depth?