Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Recently got a PS4 and going to give this game a try. Can I get an invite to the clan? PSN - Christofff--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
It really feels like these are the new mobs that are more lethal and less spongy, since I was cutting them down in droves with my hanzo steel.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Ruddha posted:

I'm trying to play after being away for quite a while and like literally every single time i play i stop being able to jump after using a melee attack. If I spam "change weapon" eventually I may be able to jump again, but if I switch weapons after that or anything i again can't jump. what in the gently caress is going on i want to jump
Have you tried rebinding your lethal ninja techniques??

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Last time I played the Hydroid, Oberon, Valkyr and Zephyr didn't exist. Are any of these frames worth a poo poo?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
From the position of someone who doesn't are about minmaxing Zephyr and Valkyr loving rule and are fun to play for a variety of reasons (being a flying speedy little bastard and becoming a BEAST MACHINE respectively), Oberson is kind of boring, and I don't have Hydroid because no-one does Vey Hek with me. :(

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
They all have at least one interesting and neat power, but none of them are top-tier (except for maybe Valkyr specced for maximum survivability). Oberon is probably the one least worth making but you'll get the parts for it anyway just playing the game so you might as well.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Oberon's kinda meh. Not terrible, but a bit generic-feeling. The rest are all cool in their own ways, though. Zephyr is probably the most mechanically unique and has ridiculous mobility combined with some solid defenses. Hydroid is a bunch of fun and has a bunch of neat crowd control stuff. Valkyr is what you play when you want to spiderman around the map and punch stuff while permanently invulnerable.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
'Generic' describes Oberon perfectly.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's really kind of a shame, from an aesthetic perspective I actually like Oberon quite a bit. He looks neat, but his powers are just not very interesting.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Piell posted:

They all have at least one interesting and neat power, but none of them are top-tier (except for maybe Valkyr specced for maximum survivability). Oberon is probably the one least worth making but you'll get the parts for it anyway just playing the game so you might as well.
If moving in massively advantageous ways no other frame can replicate and having the 2nd best defensive ability after Iron Skin doesn't qualify as "top tier" then I don't even know what that phrase means!

Seriously though Zephyr is super worth that painful 600 oxium, which is saying a lot for how difficult it is to farm up.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 31, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Well, the only frames I counted as top-tier were Rhino and pre-nerf Nova (Nova's probably still up there, but I haven't really tested her out since Molecular Prime got weakened).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Nova lost the instant destruction of pressing 4, but gained the ability to lock down loving everything forever until it explodes and dies. Also you can slot minimum damage and run Sechura to 5 in like 3 minutes because it speeds enemies up.

Nova did not get a nerf, they merely changed the ways in which she is OP as gently caress.

unrelated, Auto-Fuse Cores now fuses Rare Cores FIRST. Do not be me and not notice until your third newbie mod. I put in a ticket, 24 r5 cores lost is kind of a big deal what with being so close to the magic 500.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The newest alert is for :siren: 300 oxium :siren: - get on the right away, oxium is a pain in the rear end to farm.

Piell fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 31, 2014

Semos
Nov 13, 2007

Work harder, Comrade.
I started playing this game again, because I rather enjoy it, but I'm still pretty green about somethings.

I'm currently trying to level the Karak, as I heard good things about it and wonder what way to build it with mods?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Denzine posted:

unrelated, Auto-Fuse Cores now fuses Rare Cores FIRST. Do not be me and not notice until your third newbie mod. I put in a ticket, 24 r5 cores lost is kind of a big deal what with being so close to the magic 500.
D

fuckin

E

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Christoff posted:

Recently got a PS4 and going to give this game a try. Can I get an invite to the clan? PSN - Christofff--

Username does not exist.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Have you tried rebinding your lethal ninja techniques??

after much investigation, i found the simple answer: i had an arcade stick plugged into my computer, and it was interfering with only the jump button for some reason hahah

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Namaste. You can now participate, unabated! Which rules.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

You must've missed the patch note where it said it'd try to optimize core & credit usage, which logically involves using rares first. (Especially when you're using autofuse for Rare 10 mods and such)
If you want to use your commons first then just click on the common and push select all.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Is there a problem with using rare cores?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah I did miss that, and mostly I just want to take a screenshot when I hit 500 cores and ask DE to let me turn them into a golden throne for my personal ship.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
500 is the max number of a certain kind of cores (at least rares) I take it?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Nah it's just big and round.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Doji Sekushi posted:

Username does not exist.

You didn't add the - in front did you? What's yours and I'll add you

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Christoff posted:

You didn't add the - in front did you? What's yours and I'll add you

I tried adding you as well but had no luck. I can see you as the name you listed on the PSN but in Warframe it throws up the user does not exist error.

Have you played Warframe yet? Maybe it hasn't linked your PS4 account to the game yet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:downs: My bad. I tried to play last night but I had to do a long update so I just left it on and fell asleep

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Aha, there we go then :) When you've started it up and logged in hit me (PSN: RoboJoePrime) or Doji (DojiSekushi) with a message/leave a post in the thread again and we can invite you then!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
200,000 credit alert on Ceres right now pals, I dunno what this event is gonna be but good lord.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pierson posted:

200,000 credit alert on Ceres right now pals, I dunno what this event is gonna be but good lord.

Defeat Alad V by throwing credits at him.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

All of his crazy schemes are crowd-funded, that was his plan all along.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Alad's evil plan is to crowd fund a space game that he'll never release

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

175k credit alert happening right now.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

This weekend has been amazing, I've gotten three reactors and two catalysts, 800k credits, but missed some forma. Does DE do this sort of thing for every event? Does DE do events like this very often?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

This weekend has been amazing, I've gotten three reactors and two catalysts, 800k credits, but missed some forma. Does DE do this sort of thing for every event? Does DE do events like this very often?

No, this is a brand new style of event. I don't think any players know what the end goal is, but get your goodies while you can!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

No and no.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So apparently clans can change the credit payout midway through a dark sector conflict. If this happens your payout will be what the newest payout is, not what it was when you accepted the mission. I just figured this out and lost out on a decent amount of credits. Expecting 25k, I got 0 instead. Incredibly deceiving and I think I'll be reporting that as a bug.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

seiferguy posted:

So apparently clans can change the credit payout midway through a dark sector conflict. If this happens your payout will be what the newest payout is, not what it was when you accepted the mission. I just figured this out and lost out on a decent amount of credits. Expecting 25k, I got 0 instead. Incredibly deceiving and I think I'll be reporting that as a bug.

I thought they said they had fixed that glitch. Weird.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It happens if the clans coffers runs dry during the conflict.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

seiferguy posted:

If the reward changed to 0 that probably means they ran out of reserves in the middle of your mission. They need to make it so that the battle pay that is set must be able to fund a minimum number of battles. :-\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

seiferguy posted:

sockpuppetclock posted:

If the reward changed to 0 that probably means they ran out of reserves in the middle of your mission. They need to make it so that the battle pay that is set must be able to fund a minimum number of battles. :-\

When a clan/alliance sets battle pay, it sets a specific payout for a certain number of tickets. The money required is then reserved and battle pay is locked, so it's guaranteed to distribute that many credits. The locking part is final: if you gently caress up, you're gonna have to deal with it until the tickets run out. This is what happened with the Eclipse vs Warbros Prime conflict for Caracol, where Eclipse accidentally set 55k tickets for 150cr instead of the other way round and pretty much screwed themselves over. When the tickets run out, battle pay drops to zero.

HOWEVER, the reward is checked when the mission ends, so if the tickets run out before you finish, you won't get any payment, similar to how you don't get any rewards if a corpus/grineer invasion ends before you finish your 5th run. This, of course, has been a cause of bitching by many people but it's in DE's camp to fix. The obvious fix everybody asks for is to lock a ticket when the mission starts, pay it out when it ends or return it to the pool if the mission fails.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 1, 2014