Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tibeerius posted:

Has anyone else had difficulty with preserving their various settings across play sessions? The login screen refuses to remember my name, I have to accept the EULA every time, my custom chat windows are removed, etc...

Are these known issues, or is something jacked up with my config files?

(It's not all stuff... keybindings and other settings persist from session to session)

Yeah, my keybinds are always gone after a session change. Most of the other stuff seems to persist for me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.
Managed to wrangle a group together and beat Grendelus the Guardian, the world boss in Celestion before the maintenance. Shame I didn't think to take a screenshot, but if that's what the big bosses are gonna be like then I'm psyched for when I eventually get to raiding.

Also, a shiny title!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I keep having the issue where the login server thinks I have a guest account even though I don't, and support isn't taking tickets on this issue any more. You think this is the sort of thing that would be pretty high on their priority list to make sure the game recognized people who owned the game. Go figure.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
Does SFD have a presence in this game at all? If not, what are my options for a goon guild that is on a PVE server in the US playing as dominion?

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Dreadwroth posted:

I keep having the issue where the login server thinks I have a guest account even though I don't, and support isn't taking tickets on this issue any more. You think this is the sort of thing that would be pretty high on their priority list to make sure the game recognized people who owned the game. Go figure.

You do know that red text about guest accounts appears for normal accounts as well. The queues are just that bad.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Wet Fifty posted:

Does SFD have a presence in this game at all? If not, what are my options for a goon guild that is on a PVE server in the US playing as dominion?

There's apparently something getting put together on Evindra, but I haven't been able to find anyone to invite me to the circle yet and I don't think it's officially a guild at this point either.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Well, /who doesn't seem to be working at all. Anyone in Space Jam online?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Overall impression of the game so far is pretty good. There's some interface issues with things I wish were a bit clearer or better but I think that's what interface mods are for.

Gameplay has a nice fluid 'game feel' to it too, and I feel a lot more dynamic playing it in general than most mmos.

I didn't play for very long in the beta sadly, so I didn't get time to really get a feel for things. I am now, and overall it's pretty strong.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

One nice thing is if you install addons you are not required to restart Wildstar and deal with the login queue again. /reloadui (or I think there is a reload button on the ui screen) will work fine, even for ones you just installed.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Is there any way to make the loot notification box and quest tracker box click-through yet? This is driving me crazy.

GertLush
Aug 24, 2005
Any Hazak goons online now? It's pretty late EU time, though

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok I have a bit of an odd question. So you cannot RMB the camera when your cursor is the pointing icon, however to the right of center of my screen is a large portion where the cursor keeps turning into the pointer and I cannot RMB camera turn while my cursor rests on that position. This is super annoying and there is nothing that should be causing the pointer icon to appear and I cannot figure it out for the life of me, any help?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
2 Questions, how is Healing in this game, and how is healing and leveling in this game?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok I have a bit of an odd question. So you cannot RMB the camera when your cursor is the pointing icon, however to the right of center of my screen is a large portion where the cursor keeps turning into the pointer and I cannot RMB camera turn while my cursor rests on that position. This is super annoying and there is nothing that should be causing the pointer icon to appear and I cannot figure it out for the life of me, any help?

I recall reading there was a bug with the default LootNotifcationWindow addon module that leaves an invisible window in the middle of your screen that causes this. Install the IconLoot mod to replace it and it should hopefully fix your problem.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

2 Questions, how is Healing in this game, and how is healing and leveling in this game?

you can switch out your abilities in a set at any time so you don't really have to spec healing to level up and healing is satisfying because I'm gonna shoot you in the face to cure you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khURaB3AAqY

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Tibeerius posted:

Has anyone else had difficulty with preserving their various settings across play sessions? The login screen refuses to remember my name, I have to accept the EULA every time, my custom chat windows are removed, etc...

Are these known issues, or is something jacked up with my config files?

(It's not all broken, mind you... keybindings and other settings persist from session to session just fine)

Not having that issue but it sounds almost like your files are write protected or you're running into a permissions issue. Try running wildstar.exe as an Admin.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
23 hr wait time. Look like I wont be playing at all this weekend.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

panda clue posted:

I recall reading there was a bug with the default LootNotifcationWindow addon module that leaves an invisible window in the middle of your screen that causes this. Install the IconLoot mod to replace it and it should hopefully fix your problem.

Aha! that did the trick, awesome thanks for the heads up.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

panda clue posted:

Yeah, outside of the quotes. I think you need a space after the quotes as well.

I don't think it'll change much, this is the launcher installer, the most basic component refuses to work.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

Aha! that did the trick, awesome thanks for the heads up.

Awesome! Glad I could help.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Asema posted:

you can switch out your abilities in a set at any time so you don't really have to spec healing to level up and healing is satisfying because I'm gonna shoot you in the face to cure you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khURaB3AAqY

Was thinking Esper.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Seriously free realm transfer is the ONLY way to fix this huge only 1 pvp server mistake that was made. Ppl kept warning and warning Carbine non stop before launch that 1 pvp server is NOT enough, u have reliable sources to see how many players would play PVP server and it seems carbine didnt use these at all.. i also cant believe how dare they post a realm message in hazak saying "if your friends are in queue for hazak tell them there is another pvp server" like wtf are you serious? so basicly u want me to play on a different server than my friend??? Usually i dont rage like this but we warned you about the lack of pvp servers NON STOP since u announced the server list....

Like wtf are you serious?

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Bombogenesis posted:

Well, /who doesn't seem to be working at all. Anyone in Space Jam online?

Seconding this.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Dexo posted:

Was thinking Esper.

All the classes capable of healer roles are really good at it, as one might expect.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

panda clue posted:

So there's no way to fix this for the quest tracker?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Ellevar is suffering. I leveled Exile in beta so I wouldn't burn out on Dominion content but I wish I had taken a few more steps out of Lightsreach in beta.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Like wtf are you serious?

The devs are listening, but they kind of wish they weren't.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
:siren: The PvE-E Space Jam guild is named Shut Up n Jam for now :siren:

Since the reservation poo poo is bugged, we couldn't get Space Jam yet. Ticket is in but message Maxmaps for an invite for now.

killingtime
May 21, 2004
Passionate kiss like spider web, lead to undoing of fly.
Bah, I just get through the queue, to have the server shut down...back to watching a movie and drinking or something

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
If anybody has trouble with the commodity market like me, PresButan in game set me straight. If you try to fulfill buy orders but you sell more items than there are buy orders you will not be able to fulfill any of them. However, the game does not tell you how many buy orders there are; even if you look at the information button it will claim there are at least 50 buy orders no matter how few there really are.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

http://imgur.com/wIUx88m

Behold Groinblast! Warrior Settler Extraordinaire!

(Seriously, the customization is AWESOME)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I think all those people spamming emotes crashed the server.

kastlyn
Jul 23, 2003

Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

There's apparently something getting put together on Evindra, but I haven't been able to find anyone to invite me to the circle yet and I don't think it's officially a guild at this point either.

The Dominion Guild on Elvindra hasn't been formed yet - we're in the process of farming up the 10 gold for it. I'm going to be on all evening as kernelangus to invite people to the circle. FrankensteinRadio and Ceruleane can also add people to the circle.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Saxophone posted:

For certain values of awesome

(I couldn't actually go through with it. At least I know what my RP server spy character will be should I make one...)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

6 hour queue after trying to rejoin after this server crash that can't be right can it?

killingtime
May 21, 2004
Passionate kiss like spider web, lead to undoing of fly.
It was an (very quickly) advertised hotfix, some goon probably found an exploit or something....

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Xerophyte posted:

For certain values of awesome

(I couldn't actually go through with it. At least I know what my RP server spy character will be should I make one...)

This is making me physically ill to look at.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Saxophone posted:

http://imgur.com/wIUx88m

Behold Groinblast! Warrior Settler Extraordinaire!

Sax does this mean you made the right decision and rolled with Space Jam? Because that would be a good thing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I would like to point out that the guild hopefully-soon-to-be-renamed-Space Jam has the best guild holo graphic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scared of Bees
May 14, 2004
Save your fork there is pie!!
Game is super fun so far for leveling. UI is a mess, but fixable with addons.
The amount of quests to do is insane, I'm leaving some behind when moving to new areas.

• Locked thread