Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Jump-up SDS has convinced me that it is good for the punching, and I like the punching more then the passing.

Victor von Ghoul just to try and keep a name theme going.

Keep him we can replace him, but I feel we would be better served saving our money for more important things then replacing disposable players because they did what they were made to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Look around you. Look at your undead. No undead is good at passing.

This is tragic!! They can be fast, strong, durable, maneuverable, anything. But passing is the realm of other races? Garbage. Utter garbage.

Forget Elves, Humans, Skaven, Democracy Chaos. Undead should be able to do everything. This is the message of Wight Power. Ensuring undead supremacy in all ways means we must take pass.

Thisssss

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
Can't Pass this up. Just think of the possibilities, more spp from completions, more victories. You'll be knee deep in touchdowns!

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Duuk posted:

Can't Pass this up. Just think of the possibilities, more spp from completions, more victories. You'll be knee deep in touchdowns!

As much as I would enjoy to make one of our most important players a useless sack of team value, I'm against picking an utterly useless skill on him.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Dodge. We need more Blodgers on the team. Vote changed!

Fire Pelvis Costello, as much as I like the name. Now, if he had broken his hip, that would be another matter entirely.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 2, 2014

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Jump Up, let's build ourselves a murderwight.

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

Keep the zombie. He's a rotting corpse, it's not as if we check them out for physical injuries.

This!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Throw him a pass.

Keep the zombie until it falls apart.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Give him Jump Up for ultimate 'rasslin.

Name the ghoul Vincent Van Ghoul.

Keep Pelvis Costello, Fire Frankencastle, and hire a new zombie named Sean

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

What do we give Wight Power on his level up?
On the grounds that you may never get another opportunity to get it on the team, he needs Nerves of Steel. Always be 3+ing on catches and quick passes (weather allowing). Wights have AG3, they can do some passing (especially if one of the werewolves and/or Ghouls gets cool skill Diving Catch to help with gently caress-ups, and make normal catches a 2+), and their TD animation is bitchin enough that you should get it to improve his chances at that.

quote:

How do we handle Pelvis Costello's niggling injury?
If you win next match, fire him and replace him, if you don't and you're a bit hard up, keep him.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
...if we lose a Wight, I think we need to call the next one Wight Guys Can't Dance.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008
Would access to passing skills be restricted for Wights normally? If so, it might not be worth giving pass, since then it turns a bad passer into an adequate passer with no reliable means for further improvement and no dedicated receiver. If he can, then it might be worth it if we make one of the ghouls into a receiver. However, as interesting as it might be to have a passing game, I also like the sound of a Wight Wrestler.

Jump Up

Vincent Van Ghoulforit

Keep Pelvis Costello since you can always trash him later if he gets bad. Really, its not as if the team strategy is built around a zombie.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.

Steelpudding posted:

As much as I would enjoy to make one of our most important players a useless sack of team value, I'm against picking an utterly useless skill on him.

Puh-lease. Would you say Sett Cavre was useless? The other wight can jump up and down and sideways if they wanna, we need us a ball delivery man. Plenty of Ghouls and Dogs to throw to.

Throw the dog a ball, y'know?

Griffen posted:

Would access to passing skills be restricted for Wights normally? If so, it might not be worth giving pass, since then it turns a bad passer into an adequate passer with no reliable means for further improvement and no dedicated receiver.

Wights get S access so he would be a p. decent passer with Pass (doubles) and Strong Arm (Strength, so normals). Somebody needs Sure Hands anyway (normals again) so it might as well be him. Sure, it is not your "standard" way of developing necros but I'd think it would be fun to see.

Duuk fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jun 1, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Griffen posted:

Would access to passing skills be restricted for Wights normally? If so, it might not be worth giving pass, since then it turns a bad passer into an adequate passer with no reliable means for further improvement and no dedicated receiver. If he can, then it might be worth it if we make one of the ghouls into a receiver. However, as interesting as it might be to have a passing game, I also like the sound of a Wight Wrestler.

Wrestle is more bloaty on a wight than pass.

As an added point, Undead and Necromantic ONLY get passing access on doubles.

Zombies are G, FGs and Wights are GS, and Ghouls and Wolfs are GA.
And only Wights, Ghouls and Wolfs have 3 agi.
This also means that bullshit elf plays are easier when a ghoul or wolf inevitably gets NOS so we can pass to them in TZs.
And nothing makes people mad like 3 agi passing games.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Griffen posted:

Would access to passing skills be restricted for Wights normally? If so, it might not be worth giving pass, since then it turns a bad passer into an adequate passer with no reliable means for further improvement and no dedicated receiver.
Werewolves and Ghouls can access a couple of skills natively which can make them good receivers:

- Catch (automatic catch reroll, kinda handy, can be used on interceptions, normally making them about a 1/3 rather than 1/6)
- Diving Catch (+1 to catch accurate passes/handoffs, making it a 2+ in optimal conditions, and you get a shot at catching the ball if it lands within a square of the player, VERY useful, and combines with Catch - hugely underrated skill, also works great with a Hail Mary Pass zombie, because their passes are never accurate but do often land within 1 square of the target)

Plus Block and other skills that help them not fall over, including Side Step, since you can give people the old Necro two-step and then surf them or make them leave your player unmarked.

And a couple more which don't hurt:

- Pass Block (I only realised how good this was when playing with an Amazon team against quite a lot of Elves, but it's pretty good - any time a pass gets thrown by your opponent, your guy gets to move 3 squares. You have to dodge and stuff, but eh. If nothing else, you can use it to make other people's catches harder, and you can usually get a shot at an intercept, also nobody ever keeps it in mind because nobody ever takes Pass Block)
- Kick-Off Return (this is like a meta-improvement, but it does help a bit by reducing the impact of kick-off events/lovely scatters)

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

What this team needs is a Leader and when I think of leaders, I think Whight Power.

Pelvis Costello is here for Keeps, a Smashed Knee isn't going to keep him down!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Pass

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Honestly pass, strong arm on Wight Power and NOS on a ghoul or werewolf gives us an alright passing game when we inevitably face a whole half with both werewolves CAS/KO'd. You know it will happen.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh I forgot to put a deadline on the skill votes, let's say Monday afternoon CST

Here's a current tally, and it appears that we finally have a close race in the votes

Wight Power's Level
Pass - 10
Jump Up - 9
Dodge - 5
Leap - 1
Nerves of Steel - 1
Leader - 1

New Ghoul Name
Just Wanna Have Fun - 2
Perils Of The Flesh - 2
Richard Upton Pinkman - 2
Not Blanka - 1
Bloods Mackenzie - 1
Scooby Doo - 1
Fozzy Osbourne - 1
Al Ghoul - 1
Victor Von Ghoul - 1
Vincent Van Ghoul - 1
Vincent Van Ghoulforit - 1

Pelvis Costello's Fate
Keep - 15
Fire - 2
Keep, Fire Franken Castle, Hire "Sean" - 1
Decide His Fate Next Match - 1

If you're voting for "never fire players, keep them until they die", I'm counting that as just "keep Pelvis" because I'm not going to hold all of you to that, you'll have to keep voting to keep players after bad things happen if that's you're policy. Also thank god you are all in agreement that Pelvis Costello is a #1 baller.

It also appears that no real consensus has been reached with the Ghoul name. If that's the case when voting closes I'll either pick one of the more popular names that I like or make up my own.

As always if you want to change your vote, tell me what your old vote was and what you're new vote is going to be.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Pass for WP

Just Wanna Have Fun for the Ghoul.

Keep the zombie.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

We should probably merge our Vincent von What's it names and then we can get higher up the votes. Can we reach a consensus at all?

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
pass because gently caress you

ra's al for the ghoul

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

AJ_Impy posted:

Jump Up, let's build ourselves a murderwight.

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

Keep the zombie. He's a rotting corpse, it's not as if we check them out for physical injuries.

This is Correct. Murderwolves are inevitable, so let's not gently caress up the chance to get a murderwight.

Maekrix Waere
Jul 10, 2010

Steelpudding posted:

Al Ghoul be the name of al gore the ghoul.

Keep the fucker he's just a zombie. I'ts fun to have crippled zombies.

This sounds good. Lets go with this.

e: However, for the skill, thinking more about it, I cannot understand how, after having just seen the glory that is the wight touchdown dance, we, as a group, can vote for things that keep the ball (or even actively remove the ball) from our wight's hands. With these doubles, we have been granted a glorious opportunity. It is time we put our hopes (and the ball) into the capable hands of Wight Power. Its time for Diving Catch.

Maekrix Waere fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 1, 2014

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If it's getting this close, I'd like to change my NOS vote to Pass.

"Hurr durr murder Wight" - there are tons of players on Necros who can bash, let's do something smart with our dubs.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Glenn_Beckett posted:

ra's al for the ghoul

This.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

jBrereton posted:

"Hurr durr murder Wight" - there are tons of players on Necros who can bash, let's do something smart with our dubs.

Perhaps you would be better served with a pretty pink elf team and some nice doilies for your tea set.

Say no to elfball. Vote for murder ball.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'm not voting for good skills until GNU Order stops acting like a 13 year old in chat.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

CommaToes posted:

I'm not voting for good skills until GNU Order stops acting like a 13 year old in chat.

It's going to be a long LP for you then

e- and fwiw I was being a dick with Agent because I knew he is a bro and would have fun with it as well. The way I act in game chat almost never reflects how I'm actually feeling during the match

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 1, 2014

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

ra's al for the ghoul

This!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Pass

Keep

Just Wanna Have Fun

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Jump up

Just Wanna Have Fun

Keep

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Changing my vote from Victor Von Ghoul to Ra's al Ghoul.

Still keeping my Jump Up and Keep votes.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Glenn_Beckett posted:

ra's al for the ghoul

This man speaks the truth. Also, don't fire Pelvis.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Pass

Ra's al

Keep the zombie

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Ras'al

Keep him!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ra's al for the ghoul name. I only voted for skill and zombie in my earlier post. :downs:

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

GNU Order posted:

It's going to be a long LP for you then

e- and fwiw I was being a dick with Agent because I knew he is a bro and would have fun with it as well. The way I act in game chat almost never reflects how I'm actually feeling during the match

Quoted for truth, while also supporting Gnu's position that Agent is a bro who has fun with things.

A lot of the current #tgbloodbowl crew has been around and playing games together for quite some time, which may not be immediately obvious with as much poo poo as we give each other.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Also, Commatoes is very much a part of the Cool Dudes Blood Bowl Society but I wanted to point it out so it wouldn't give the wrong impression to somebody else.

I should probably just not chat in-game as much as I do

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Jump-Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

GNU Order posted:

Also, Commatoes is very much a part of the Cool Dudes Blood Bowl Society but I wanted to point it out so it wouldn't give the wrong impression to somebody else.

I should probably just not chat in-game as much as I do

Never! The first victory is psychological and begins far in advance of the actual match.

• Locked thread