Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you think?
i agree, op
i dunno, i guess i see what you're saying
i really don't see it like that
hmm. i don't follow politics too much, but i hope there will be a productive discussion here so i can learn
View Results

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's mostly deep rooted racism and you know it crankdat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
which is hilarious because he might as well be white

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

crankdatbatman posted:

The Obama cult of personality has played no small part in how politically divided the nation is today and has really done hardly anything to compromise and reach across the table to help mend the divide. He may not be the worst president but he may be about the most politically charged president we've had in decades. How much of this is his administration's fault and more the nauseous, omnipresent political culture the internet has helped bring on no one can really tell, but he's part of it.

lol obama just won't work with republicans that rascal!

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Boner Zone posted:

lol obama just won't work with republicans that rascal!

Would you say Obama is Dennis the Menace and the republican party is Mr. Wilson?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
hes just so.... uppity

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

crankdatbatman posted:

he may be about the most politically charged president we've had in decades.

Look at these words.
Just look at 'em.

Carve these on stone tablets hewn from the jagged peaks of Retarded Bullshit Mountain and pass them to the people so that they may know.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
More like Bork Lolbama.

He's pretty cool though. He's fostered a flotilla of flying, remote-controlled murderbots, and the continued development of the NSA as a global surveillance network. All you need now is to built an artificial intelligence that bridges the two so that it can automatically discover and engage terrorists and other irredeemable criminals (such as pirates and bootleggers), and you get the long-awaited robot apocalypse.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think a major cause for the political polarization in America is the popularity of media which caters to people's own political viewpoints. Of course, this has always existed. But I think it has been enhanced by the internet / digital communications, which allow small-time media outlets to reach a wide audience.

People are drawn to these because they offer an uncritical validation of their beliefs - but the result is that beliefs become more and more entrenched.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I don't really care for him but I think he's a lot better than McCain or Romney would have been, which really isn't saying very much, tbqh.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Also, I'd probably smoke a bowl with him if he was holding.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's pretty cool that the media is the driving force behind the absolutely crippling stubbornness of conservatives to act rationally in any capacity. I love it!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

More like Bork Lolbama.

He's pretty cool though. He's fostered a flotilla of flying, remote-controlled murderbots, and the continued development of the NSA as a global surveillance network. All you need now is to built an artificial intelligence that bridges the two so that it can automatically discover and engage terrorists and other irredeemable criminals (such as pirates and bootleggers), and you get the long-awaited robot apocalypse.

I hope he approves the Shield helicarrier program in his final term.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

It's pretty cool that the media is the driving force behind the absolutely crippling stubbornness of conservatives to act rationally in any capacity. I love it!

it's cliche as gently caress but my parents watch fox news religiously and seriously live on a different planet. their only sources of information are ridiculous tv propaganda and a facebook echo chamber of all the other crazy 50 yr old homebodies. this is the conservative base

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

it's cliche as gently caress but my parents watch fox news religiously and seriously live on a different planet. their only sources of information are ridiculous tv propaganda and a facebook echo chamber of all the other crazy 50 yr old homebodies. this is the conservative base

Regardless of beliefs, politics basically shuts off the reasoning parts of the human brain and make it almost impossible to accept conflicting facts.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Molog posted:

The black thing was exciting at first, but got normal quick.

well seeing as he's at best halfblack...

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dr. Faustus posted:

American Treasure poet dies, someone posts picture of POTUS giving her a medal, President is a narcissist opportunist raping her corpse for cred.
Got it.
Jay Carney resigns as WH Press Sec., this has never happened before, it has to be because Obummer.
Got it.
Obstructionism in Congress isn't happening, ~80% of Americans support minimum wage increase, background checks and banning of straw purchasing of guns, 95%+ of Catholic women (or just women in general) support contraception, the Senate passed an ok Immigration bill that has majority support in the US that the GOP will not take up, equal pay for equal work for women, jobs bills and infrastructure bills and people's water wells catching fire and roads no longer paved because fracking machinery destroys them so there's no use paving them, sea levels are rising but climate change is just a natural thing and we'll just keep building on the coasts and putting slab houses in tornado alley, New York was flooded but "it's just cyclical," common core and school lunches are bad but teaching creationism and privatizing schools and prisons and hospitals are A-OK because there's no reason to suspect ulterior motives there at all, mass shootings happen all the time but "it's not time to talk about gun control," Obama is the weakest President ever and he's also probably the anti-christ set loose upon this Earth, Benghazi hasn't been explored enough, Obama is gay and so is Hillary, Agenda 21 is taking hold and the Bundy Ranch is a militia war waiting to start without the BLM even coming back, trains carrying oil that starts fires we can't put out are derailing and burning for days and weeks, our rivers and streams are being polluted by energy companies that have the cutest commercials on TV but also own our state governments, gay people are getting married and people are smoking pot, we still haven't started ground wars in Syria or Lybia or Crimea or given arms to the Ukranians...

This is all the fault of Emperor Barack Hussein Obama, the President, who has an iron-handed grip on every single one of these issues and controls everything that happens everywhere, because he is the weakest/strongest POTUS who ever lived, and also
:qqsay:

ABLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOO

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Molog posted:

His support for the total digital surveillance apparatus slowly being build is bad. Getting solar power industry up and running is good.

yes indeed, dumping money into his pet investments when they are less than viable is working out awesomely, while increasing regulations on proven (and improving) areas to stifle them... also awesome. lol
gently caress you

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
obama negotiates with terrorists lmao

what a loving pussy bitch

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rezatahs posted:

he is a poo poo president, but you only think such because you are racist

:lol:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I don't really care for him but I think he's a lot better than McCain or Romney would have been, which really isn't saying very much, tbqh.

which of course is not saying much, as your criticism equates to "I feel" rather than based on leadership qualities. Much like "I feel a black democrat would be just the thing to show those racist GOPers!"

it doesnt say much, beyond you being a moron

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

:ironicat:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

THS posted:

he proclaimed, from within the warm and cozy SA echochamber

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fog Tripper posted:

yes indeed, dumping money into his pet investments when they are less than viable is working out awesomely, while increasing regulations on proven (and improving) areas to stifle them... also awesome. lol
gently caress you

Solar panels are totally viable. Just look at this intelligent exposay on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU
Seems legit.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Waroduce posted:

Obamas foreign policy is terrible. Hes hurt the USs international standing and has generally looked like he doesnt know wtf hes doing and like his entire foreign policy education ended w an undergrad intro class

I dont pay attention to domestic politics bc its just monkeys flinging poo poo at each other now. Domestic is terrible

from outsideamericaplace hes actually improved your foreign relations because he doesnt seem like some redneck clueless gently caress with his finger on the button even if he is still doing awful things

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

gently caress you

doesn't the fossil fuel industry get billions of dollars in US tax payer subsidies?

Curse those green power nerds for demanding government help for their industry

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fog Tripper posted:

he proclaimed, from within the warm and cozy SA echochamber

you keep me in check fog tripper

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
actually Fog Tripper is a markov text generator I built based on Mike Ramirez's cartoons your welcome guys

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
america is fast making itself irrelevant on the global stage. which is ok

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

those aren't the words i typed!!!!

Molog
Mar 4, 2004
Title text
Oil will run out in our lifetimes, better find something else now or suffer later.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
reminder that fog tripper thinks barack obama and jimmy carter are the two worst presidents of the last 50 years

also that mitt romney was the lesser of two evils

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Boner Zone posted:

reminder that fog tripper thinks barack obama and jimmy carter are the two worst presidents of the last 50 years

also that mitt romney was the lesser of two evils

and rand paul is a good politician lmbo

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Entropia posted:

america is fast making itself irrelevant on the global stage. which is ok

Still more relevant than the EU (collectively or individually).

lfield
May 10, 2008
if you care about minority rights vote dem. if you care about guns vote GOP

if you care about the economy or foreign policy then dig a big hole in the ground & kill yourself in it to spare a disappointing life

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

Still more relevant than the EU (collectively or individually).

THE EU even had a worse response to the recession than the USA.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The best part of Fog Tripper's gimmick is that like most conservatives, his only response is self-serving indignation instead of any clarity or reason. "LOL NO U!!!!" posts for eternity.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

conservatives dumb

liberals smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i am he posted:

conservatives dumb

liberals dumb

marxist-leninists smart