Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last of NXT Takeover - Gifs from the match of the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyun.
May 8, 2008
Zayn was looking pretty botch-y there. Were those his fault?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Hyun. posted:

Zayn was looking pretty botch-y there. Were those his fault?

It drug down the match for me because it felt like "gotta get my poo poo in" near the end and it didn't work out so the end got a little botchy. Hard to say whose fault it was.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Which one was "the botch" that everyone's been talking about?

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

Which one was "the botch" that everyone's been talking about?

This sequence

Zayn couldn't hold Breeze up so they went down into a small package. Then Zayn picked him back up and went for the big move, bet messed up and Breeze nearly fell on top of Zayn's head.

There's also the last gif in that set, where Breeze hits his head pretty hard on the ramp after Zayn dives on him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, I thought they did a great job working on the spot through that botch.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

89 posted:

Honestly, I thought they did a great job working on the spot through that botch.

Yeah, I mean, from a quality standpoint, obviously. But they handled it very well. It's a shame the end fell apart. And I don't think I would call the second one a full on botch. He lands the move, Breeze just kinda hits his shoulder on the way down and lands a little funny. Not like he got spiked or something. That first one was bowling shoe ugly, and that's the perfect term for it. Because a bowling shoe is salvageable as a shoe, like that spot was technically salvaged as a kinda sloppy counter-ish sorta thing, maybe. But from a workable shoe/spot standpoint, both fail at everything they're supposed to do right other than "not kill the person involved with said spot/shoe." It's the personification of bowling shoe ugly. That gif is what that phrase means exactly. Every frame of it.

Great gifs too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Breeze landing on his shoulder almost looks like it could be part of the move, so that one doesn't scream super botch to me. It looks like he means to catch him on his shoulder then bring him into a powerbomb.

Also, I don't know that you can call Breeze smacking his head on the ramp a botch. It's a bad bump, but I think that's about it. Guys hit their heads all the time; that's just a nasty fall, not a botch in my opinion.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah it seems like it would be almost impossible to flip a dude in that manner such that he ends up in a regular power bomb position with his legs on either side of your head.

What the hell is that move called, anyway?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Sockser posted:

Yeah it seems like it would be almost impossible to flip a dude in that manner such that he ends up in a regular power bomb position with his legs on either side of your head.

What the hell is that move called, anyway?

It's a double pumphandle cradle Orange Crush powerbomb. He's hit it against PAC/Neville several times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzL6IO8410

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

E: disregard

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

89 posted:

That was my reaction too. The move didn't go as planned, but they worked through the botch really well. They could have just as easily made it look even worse by throwing a fit or something, but neither of them broke stride.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Yeah, the move really doesn't need that first part to look devastating.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SlippyFists posted:

Yeah, the move really doesn't need that first part to look devastating.

Lots of moves don't need complicated setups, but it makes it look super cool and fluid when it hits. I'd figure it's more on Breeze not knowing exactly how to take it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Generico screwed it up since Breeze is a little taller than the guys he usually does that move to (Ricochet, PAC, Rich Swann) and it threw him off slightly.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
I never really like that move. Way too many starts and stops. First Zayn has to awkwardly hook the hands, then flip the body up onto his legs, THEN into a suplex AND throw him forward into a powerbomb. To me it would still look cool as a suplex into a bomb, and it would still have the standard setup->pose for camera->impact finish that most WWE stars use.

Heenan: Vince hold on a second... HEY RIC, WAKE UP!

Gordy fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 2, 2014

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
edit: double post.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was kind of funny watching the difference between Flair and Hart in that match. Bret was actually reacting a fair bit but he was doing it subtly, wincing or nodding or turning to look at the crowd with little,"Didya see that?" gestures. But because Flair was being really emotive and going over the top with his gestures, Bret actually kind of looks bored and uninterested by comparison.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I have never liked that move. It is all so complicated that it just ends up looking like some kid without any restraint made a create-a-move in SVR.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
God, I hope Ric has his act together, because he's a fantastic manager.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

It was kind of funny watching the difference between Flair and Hart in that match. Bret was actually reacting a fair bit but he was doing it subtly, wincing or nodding or turning to look at the crowd with little,"Didya see that?" gestures. But because Flair was being really emotive and going over the top with his gestures, Bret actually kind of looks bored and uninterested by comparison.

Flair literally looks like a matinee villain in that gif. He needs a mustache to twirl.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Bret also seemed to react physically to Flair himself more than the match. I think he was getting a kick out of watching Flair lose his mind.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Just found this

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Jetfire posted:

Just found this

RIP Saturday Morning Slam :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RIP Captain New Japan, too sweet for this world

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
John Cena likes chuckin' stairs.

oatgan posted:

this rules

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

too sweet.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I need to know if there is a way to loop the jacket swinging.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Jetfire posted:

Just found this

Kinda want this as my avatar now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Payback Gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

More Payback gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still more Payback gifs

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 2, 2014

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

You know, I haven't watched wrestling in over 10 years, and it warms my heart just a bit to see how little has changed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The last of the Payback gifs

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Seth's superpower is teleporting, Roman's is to get his clothing back.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

Seth's superpower is teleporting, Roman's is to get his clothing back.

Dean's is being moist at all times.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

"I want to hear you say your name. Your name is Roman. What's your name?"

"Leakee . . . ."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I keep expecting Big E to get hurt doing his spear through the ropes.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

MotU posted:

"I want to hear you say your name. Your name is Roman. What's your name?"

"Leakee . . . ."

"How many wrestlers are in the ring with you?"

"There are two wrestlers."

"Don't you mean that there are three?"

"THERE. ARE. TWO. WRESTLERS. And Batista."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I like the way you sell, boy!"

(Sadly we didn't then get Roman caning the gently caress out of Evolution in a role reversal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

More Payback gifs

The artifacting on this makes it look like Steph pissed herself.

Go RV! posted:

You know, I haven't watched wrestling in over 10 years, and it warms my heart just a bit to see how little has changed.
If this were 10 years ago, Daniel Bryan would've put Steph in a Yes Lock instead of Brie slapping her for Steph's comeuppance.