Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
All I have to say is that I appreciate the fruits of everyones labors in this thread.

But about the episode, what do you think Roshuo was going to do with the fruits to revive his crush?

I wonder what Roshuo does in his spare time? He must get bored just sitting there in that ruin. Maybe he does exercise or a sport to keep fit? Oh, I know, it's a sport! Obviously it's...

SQUASH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

melodicwaffle posted:

and maybe White/Takatora?
Nah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

melodicwaffle posted:

Way to go for the low-hanging fruit with all these puns, guys.

The thing that interested me the most about this episode was how they're clearly setting up some parallels between the Overlords and the core four of the cast, with Red/Kaito and Green/Micchy (and maybe White/Takatora?). They're not subtle in the least, which makes me think they're probably gonna be a component in some future character development - Kaito's already been touched on a bit. Hope for Micchy yet? Also, are there only three Overlords or are those just the ones we've seen so far?

Well the parallels seem to end when you get to Kouta which might be the point since he's the one advocating a path that the Overlord's species didn't take. I feel like Kaito's coming around on the idea of Power To Protect The Weak what with that whole "THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO BE STRONGER, BECAUSE THE STRONG TRY TO DESTROY THE WEAK" bit this episode. I feel like Micchy's going to get out played big time by Redue and realize he's kind of in over his head and his scheming has done nothing but alienate him from his friends and family.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

Way to go for the low-hanging fruit with all these puns, guys.

Orange you glad we didn't do a round of fruit puns until now?

Since this episode wasn't a total lemon, there's more than just puns to go on about.

Frankly, I think the puns are quite peachy, but there's probably a lime that shouldn't be crossed with some of these.

On the whole I think they're all pretty grape though.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I have to say Kiwami Arms looks super lame in comparison to the awesome design of Kachidoki, though we haven't seen it in motion yet. It has too much garish plastic junk and a bog standard design, which is the exact opposite of Kachidoki's sleek, creative design. I don't know why they didn't swap the suits for Kouta's upgrade progression because it just doesn't fit... Otherwise, Gaim is such a ridiculously great show at this point. It shocks and amazes me more and more by the week. Kaito's even becoming an admirable person!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

Orange you glad we didn't do a round of fruit puns until now?

Since this episode wasn't a total lemon, there's more than just puns to go on about.

Frankly, I think the puns are quite peachy, but there's probably a lime that shouldn't be crossed with some of these.

On the whole I think they're all pretty grape though.

You're gonna have to explain your raisin for not pruneing those puns.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well the parallels seem to end when you get to Kouta which might be the point since he's the one advocating a path that the Overlord's species didn't take.

But since we've only seen three Overlords so far, and none of them are blue (Gaim's base color) that means the Overlord that corresponds to Kouta hasn't been seen yet, and quite a few people (myself included) think Sagara is the most likely candidate to be that character. It would also explain why Sagara has so much interest in Kouta, and while Kouta is advocating a path the Overlords didn't take, it does seem like Sagara isn't happy about the path they took either.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I got the feeling from the dialogue that Sagara can't be an Overlord himself - he seems to be an older being than them, someone who is of the forest rather than a being who was forced to adapt to it, like the Overlords. He was talking to Roshuo about "the rules" after all, and seemed to take a higher/more informed tone than His Majesty King Lord of All Overlords. It doesn't make sense to me that Sagara would be in a lower position.

I'm going off memory here which is admittedly fuzzy so I might be wrong: Given the color patterns so far, there's been red, green, and blue "evolved" Inves, red, white, and green Overlords, and then the four base suit colors for Gaim, Baron, Zangetsu and Ryugen. I'm thinking it's likely there will be a blue Overlord of some sort, I just don't think it's Sagara.

I think ZenMasterBullshit's point makes the most sense so far, though.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I was rewatching the first two episodes of Gaim earlier today, to get a feeling of "oh, so THIS is how far we've come". While watching I was like "wait who's that sorta androgynous male dancer backing up OH MY GOD THAT'S MICCHY". The actor carries himself so differently now, and along with the changes to wardrobe and hair style I outright did not recognize Micchy at first.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

But since we've only seen three Overlords so far, and none of them are blue (Gaim's base color) that means the Overlord that corresponds to Kouta hasn't been seen yet, and quite a few people (myself included) think Sagara is the most likely candidate to be that character. It would also explain why Sagara has so much interest in Kouta, and while Kouta is advocating a path the Overlords didn't take, it does seem like Sagara isn't happy about the path they took either.

Nah what I'm saying is we haven't seen a Overlord to parallel Kouta directly like the ones for Kaito or Micchy because he doesn't exist. That's the whole point of Sagara's big speech about hope for a new path and setting up Kouta to change the laws of the world to open such a path. Kouta's the thing that will give humanity hope to not follow the Overlord species's example.

If there is a parallel to Kouta it will probably be the lady overlord in the casket. She's White Overlord's only goal/hope for which he'd sacrifice all of humanity to save which would be a twisted parallel Kouta giving Takatora back his own hope for a better path so that Takatora WOULDN'T have to sacrifice humanity (both people at large and his own).

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 27, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Some new magazine scans have surfaced. Linked for spoilers.

http://imgur.com/H5YOjud
http://imgur.com/VDuxYG3

It looks like Micchy and Redue will be working together to some extent. Bravo teaming up with Gaim seems to be in the cards as well.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

jonjonaug posted:

It looks like Micchy and Redue will be working together to some extent. Bravo teaming up with Gaim seems to be in the cards as well.

That second scan, with Micchy and the overlord in what looks like a room in our world covered in the Helheim plants, I wonder if Helheim will take over a chunk of our world soon.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think the Overlords leave those as they walk. Well where they go, not the red one though.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

jonjonaug posted:

I was rewatching the first two episodes of Gaim earlier today, to get a feeling of "oh, so THIS is how far we've come". While watching I was like "wait who's that sorta androgynous male dancer backing up OH MY GOD THAT'S MICCHY". The actor carries himself so differently now, and along with the changes to wardrobe and hair style I outright did not recognize Micchy at first.

He's definitely ditched the ugly sweaters.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

jonjonaug posted:

I'm very happy to see Pierre back in action. It's awesome to see him fighting Micchy. Jounouchi's ever-failing ways will surely be endlessly amusing too.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Killer Queen posted:

I'm very happy to see Pierre back in action. It's awesome to see him fighting Micchy. Jounouchi's ever-failing ways will surely be endlessly amusing too.

$5 says Pierre is the one who figures out it's not Takatora just by examining his fighting style

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HKR posted:

$5 says Pierre is the one who figures out it's not Takatora just by examining his fighting style

$5 that he figures it out just by LOOKING at Michi. THAT'S NOT MY BEAUTIFUL WHITE SOLIDER!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I love Oren, but he doesn't get enough screentime. I really am excited to see him come back :allears:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
So uh, here's something interesting about Kiwami Arms: the Kachidoki armor Casts Off.

and AC13

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I wonder if he's compatible with the AC Kachidoki arms. This makes sense though, considering how the two lockseeds work together.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

SpazmasterX posted:

So uh, here's something interesting about Kiwami Arms: the Kachidoki armor Casts Off.

CHANGE, ORENJI

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

In case you nerds missed the SHT stream let me just tell you now is the time to get hype. Kiwami arms was everything I hoped it was and more :allears:.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

In case you nerds missed the SHT stream let me just tell you now is the time to get hype. Kiwami arms was everything I hoped it was and more :allears:.

This show is too good. A wonderful finale to this arc. Kiwami Arms is probably the best final upgrade.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

scaterry posted:

This show is too good. A wonderful finale to this arc. Kiwami Arms is probably the best final upgrade.

As much as I love Gaim and how it's turned out, that's still not true.

Ultimate Kuuga will always be THE final form.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

As much as I love Gaim and how it's turned out, that's still not true.

Ultimate Kuuga will always be THE final form.

Kuuga's final form was Godai :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kuuga's final form was Godai :colbert:

Still the best.

Natch.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm going to assume it's too late now, but where is this stream?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Here is where I watch usually . Saturday nights around 5:30 Central US time is when Sentai starts. Rider follows after.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

For RAWs, you can either check Dailymotion, where it usually gets uploaded in an hour or two, if you search for "仮面ライダー鎧武" and the episode number. A streaming raw of the new episode is up now, for instance.

After that, the RAW from Overtime (which Aesir uses for their release) can usually be found on their website late at night/early in the morning after it airs (usually somewhere around 2-4 AM EST). If you download the RAW, you can just patch it to get the subbed episode when it comes out, instead of having to wait to DL the whole thing when Aesir releases it.

Anyway the new episode was cool, I liked it. Is it wrong if I was more excited to see Jounoichi being all I'M A PATISSIER than I was for Kiwami? Kiwami was p hype too though. A lot cooler than I was worried it would be, not quite as cool as hoped so far, but we've still got 12-15 or so more episodes probably so whatever, I'm cool with it for now. At least he can switch between weapons pretty seamlessly and there's nothing as convoluted as W Extreme in there.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Subs are out for Gaim 32.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I feel so odd about this episode. Despite being Kouta's power-up episode, the best scenes go to pretty much everyone else. Kaito's surprising leadership, Oren and Jonouchi being badasses, Minato realizing that Ryouma is not a good person to follow and deciding to side with Kaito instead, Sagara being Sagara, Redyue appearing in the human world and taking over Yggdrasill...

Don't get me wrong, the fight against Demushu was pretty drat cool, I like Kiwami Arms and how it appears (even if I think Kachidoki is still the best Gaim design), and Kouta's determination even if it means turning into a monster is great. But I have to wonder if it wouldn't have been better to split this in two and have Kouta get Kiwami in another episode, as it is, I felt more excited watching the Beat Rider alliance than watching Kouta curbstomp Demushu. In fact, I would've much preferred seeing teamwork and strategy overcome sheer power, instead of another power up doing the job, even moreso because Demushu is Kaito's counterpart Overlord, yet Kouta gets the kill.

Also, it seems that some people's prediction is coming true, if we're to believe the preview for next ep, Oren is the one to discover Zangetsu-Shin is not Takatora. I love this series.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So everyone's kind of cut off from the outside world, there's a full on monster invasion, the city's controlling forces have lost and it seems like their enforcers, the Kurokage Troopers, aren't exactly the type to stick around in the heat of the moment. We are finally in an actual SMT setting now. Just need an ICBM threat and we'll be done.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So everyone's kind of cut off from the outside world, there's a full on monster invasion, the city's controlling forces have lost and it seems like their enforcers, the Kurokage Troopers, aren't exactly the type to stick around in the heat of the moment. We are finally in an actual SMT setting now. Just need an ICBM threat and we'll be done.

Well there would be one if a certain Rider didn't blow it all up.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I felt like the last fight was a bit of a let-down, but I like Kiwami arms design more after seeing it in motion. It's a little busy but it's more streamlined than most of the other arms designs.

I did like the plot developments this episode and seeing all the other riders team up was cool. I just wish the fight was better.

Also, Sagura is a sneaky bastard, ain't he?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Even though I'm not sure if the series would really go for it, I would really enjoy seeing the Rider Alliance actually stick together for the rest of the show, minus some more crushing deaths, I'm sure. I really enjoyed seeing them all in action together and it'd be great fun to see them take down the threats that are all around them together.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
When do we get the Fire Emblem spinoff where you play as Kaito and command an army of Riders?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I wasn't sure after the scan but seeing Fruit Salad arms in action was excellent.

Also according to the preview Terminus totally called it.

Now to figure out how I'm going to spend money I don't have on that Kachidoki/Kiwami set...

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly, the unveiling of Kiwami arms was ruined for me just because of that awful filter on the driver voice that's being used lately. Anyone know why THAT was mandated?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Yeah? Well my power is all of the powers, so there! Still think Kiwami is still a little sillier than cool. But I think the cape sold me. Also that its a key to the lockseeds.

Still waiting on that fruits punch attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I like how Sagara gets more and more dramatic every time he talks to Kouta.

Plus, just Ryouma literally blasting off from the city. "Later, fuckers!"

• Locked thread